What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ137150] Lilitales -リリテイルズ- (English Translation)

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: [RJ137150] Lilitales -リリテイルズ- (English Translation)

Yup, it's done, and it procs correctly. (Phew xD)

I'm taking a small break then will get to testing the base game dancing minigame text to see if I broke anything. And then probably fap for a bit. O.O
Oh that's awesome, I'll hopefully be able to proc it LOL
Let's be honest If I sat with all those screen shots I'd start fapping too :p
Update comes out for me at 1am so might be a late night for me ;)

OP
SFrame

SFrame

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Oh that's awesome, I'll hopefully be able to proc it LOL
Let's be honest If I sat with all those screen shots I'd start fapping too :p
Update comes out for me at 1am so might be a late night for me ;)
Yep, I think you should just go to sleep dude xD.

I've apparently broken some of the code for those dancing scenes. I've already fixed some of it up, but I need a dinner break before I check the rest. My apologies for the delays, especially to you guys over in Europe; it'll be up by sunrise for your morning fap (from what I read, it's good for boosting testosterone :p).

Crispin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

"Dinopol" (original, "ディノプール") to "Deinople", and currency from "Dinas" (original, "ディナ") to "Deinas" (presumably feminine/pluralization of "Deino-", similar to the actual name "Deina") to better reflect their relevance. "Dina" is the vanilla name used in the script's code, but the pronunciation he used for both the city and currency was "ディ" seemed like the root of the two words, so I decided to do a better latinization than to stick to the vanilla.
This is incorrect, bro. Note the difference between ィ and イ. Side by side: ィイ. The small i is used to change the "de" sound to a "di" sound, something available for Katakana to make typing sounds like "di" or "ti" possible (it's not possible normally due to チ/ヂ being pronounced "chi"/"dji" rather than "ti"/"di").

EDIT: Also, it's based on a real currency.
"The dinar or denar is a main currency unit in modern circulation in nine mostly-Islamic countries, and has historic use in several more."
Loan words that end in "r" don't necessarily have a "ru" or "re" katakana at the end unless that "r" adds an extra syllable (it's di-nar, not di-na-ru).

Some trivia: the dinar is based on the Roman denarius.

Last edited:
OP
SFrame

SFrame

Sex Demon
Reputation score

This is incorrect, bro. Note the difference between ィ and イ. Side by side: ィイ. The small i is used to change the "de" sound to a "di" sound, something available for Katakana to make typing sounds like "di" or "ti" possible (it's not possible normally due to チ being pronounced "chi" rather than "ti").

EDIT: Also, it's based on a real currency.
"The dinar or denar is a main currency unit in modern circulation in nine mostly-Islamic countries, and has historic use in several more."
Loan words that end in "r" don't have a "ru" or "re" katakana at the end unless that "r" adds an extra syllable (it's Di-nar, not Di-na-ru).

Some trivia: the dinar is based on the Roman denarius.
I had intentionally changed the spelling and pronunciation of the city name based on my dismissal that the game's naming system to be realistic (I had previously attempted to find cities with names similar to "Ishtar" ("イスタル"), but lacked either the luck and/or skill). Note that I had mentioned my personal pronounciation of the term "Deina" ("day-na").

However, the Dinar correlation you found is quite fascinating... o.o thinking about using it.

While we're on the topic, you seem particularly versed in the subject. Would you happen to have any good suggestions for translating Ishtar?

p.s. here's a listing of the original map names as well that I had significant trouble with, if you've got some good guesses of their real-world counterparts:
- グナス河 , "Gunas River"
- マールバラ砂漠 , "Malbara Desert"
- 蒼の遺跡 , "Ashen Ruins"
- バルサ荒地 , "Balsa Wastelands"
- シャンドーラ遺跡 , "Shandora Ruins"
- グランツ城, "Grants Castle"

Last edited:

Crispin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The kana "i" is not pronounced "aye", though. It's not an English i; it's a Latin i, so it's pronounced like the "E" in "English".

Some more stuff about dinar:

As for the others, the names you have are what I'd use. I don't find it unreasonable to name a city after a deity.

OP
SFrame

SFrame

Sex Demon
Reputation score

The kana "i" is not pronounced "aye", though. It's not an English i; it's a Latin i, so it's pronounced like the "E" in "English".

Some more stuff about dinar:

As for the others, the names you have are what I'd use. I don't find it unreasonable to name a city after a deity.
Yes, that I know. I'm actually a pronunciation nazi when it comes to Mandarin and American English, and I'm familiar with at least Japanese hiragana and katakana. I was abusing my power as translator in due lack of much-needed negative feedback. :)

Thank you for the help!

p.s. One more thing - "Dinars" (plural) as Lilitales' currency. Would you object to that? Or did you prefer "Dinas"?

Last edited:

Crispin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'd definitely go with dinars. While he didn't use the official Japanese spelling for dinar, the pronunciation is close enough that it's clear that's what he was going for.

By the way, Dinopol sounds vaguely Greek ( , ). Or at least French loaned from Greek. Hard to find anything clear about it, but is apparently a family name.
It isn't super uncommon to .
Some more stuff I found to tie that to the Middle East:
There was a lot of trade between the Ancient Greek and Egyptian/Persian regions unless I've got my history completely wrong, and this game seems to reference that.

Of course, "Dinopolis" is the name of a dinosaur museum, so using that would just sound silly. >_>

Last edited:
OP
SFrame

SFrame

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I'd definitely go with dinars. While he didn't use the official Japanese spelling for dinar, the pronunciation is close enough that it's clear that's what he was going for.

By the way, Dinopol sounds vaguely Greek (dinos, polis). Or at least French loaned from Greek. Hard to find anything clear about it, but Dinopol is apparently a family name and Dinopolis is apparently the name of a museum.
Seems good enough to keep it as a name in the game, or perhaps change it to Dinopolis (though Dinopolis kinda sounds like Dinosaur City, so maybe not).
Haha yeah - that's what I was thinking - thought "Dino-" in Dinopol might have been too suggestive of dinosaurs (almost reflexively, I found my inner child maliciously pronouncing it "Die-no-pu-l" like it was "Dinopool, and the imagery of a pool of dinosaurs was the last thing I'd want for Ishtar) (it's a city of archaeology, not paleontology) (well... and slaves).

I had strongly considered "Dinople" as an alternative like the "-ple" from "Constantinople", but it's apparently not used at all compared to the popular "Dinopol".

So yeah - going with Dinopol and Dinars. Thanks again! :)

Crispin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I had strongly considered "Dinople" as an alternative like the "-ple" from "Constantinople", but it's apparently not used at all compared to the popular "Dinopol".
Dinople doesn't sound bad. I'd be perfectly fine with that. Also, I'm not sure what I found, rather interesting when searching for Dinople. A book from the 1600s, "translated into English from the Germane tongue". :p

EDIT: And no problem. Considering how friggin hyped I am for this translation I'm more than happy to help.

Last edited:

Crispin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey, figured out a way you could make it less likely for people to think about dinosaurs when reading Dinopol if it still bothers you. Assuming it doesn't break the game because of encoding issues or something, you could add a diacritic, so it becomes Dinόpol instead. Diacritics are used in Greek Romanization to help with pronunciation, and unless I'm completely mistaken, ό is how the first o is pronounced.

OP
SFrame

SFrame

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Dinople doesn't sound bad. I'd be perfectly fine with that. Also, I'm not sure what I found, rather interesting when searching for Dinople. A book from the 1600s, "translated into English from the Germane tongue". :p

EDIT: And no problem. Considering how friggin hyped I am for this translation I'm more than happy to help.
You're a fucking wizard, lol.

When I saw "Dinople" and "Devils" on the same page, I had a little mind orgasm.

I'm extremely tempted to put up a poll, but I confess that I've already wasted an hour yesterday deciding what to rename Dinopol to... so I'm gonna stick with Dinopol so that I can move onto more important things xD.

Crispin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

OH SNAP, CHECK OUT WHAT I FOUND:
δῆμος - demos - "people"
The letter η "eta" is pronounced like the "Ita" in "Italy". Demopol - "The City of the People". =D

Alright, this is getting silly, but I can't seem to stop... Whatever, no point in fixing what's not broken.

Last edited:

rizo

Reputation score

Sucks you ran into problems but at least you know what they are, nothing worse than not knowing and having to go through to try to figure it out. I guess the problems where more than you thought. Also reading through that whole Dinople thing was funny, as someone who can't understand Japanese it's interesting to see a little of what the thought process is when finding a word or phrase you're not sure on.
Thanks for the update.

Last edited:

nobunaga1910

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the update SFrame. Sleep well. :D:D:D

OP
SFrame

SFrame

Sex Demon
Reputation score

OH SNAP, CHECK OUT WHAT I FOUND:
δῆμος - demos - "people"
The letter η "eta" is pronounced like the "Ita" in "Italy". Demopol - "The City of the People". =D

Alright, this is getting silly, but I can't seem to stop... Whatever, no point in fixing what's not broken.
Not silly at all IMO - Demopol evokes the wondrous imagery of utopian prosperity... although at the same time, my own country (U.S. >.>), lol.

But yes, it is a little off topic at this point, heheh. Feel free to PM me if you wish to reengage in intellectual exchanges akin to these. :)

Sucks you ran into problems but at least you know what they are, nothing worse than not knowing and having to go through to try to figure it out. I guess the problems where more than you thought. Also reading through that whole Dinople thing was funny, as someone who can't understand Japanese it's interesting to see a little of what the thought process is when finding a word or phrase you're not sure on.
Thanks for the update.
Aye, it was apparently encoding corruption caused by either a bugged or outdated Notepad++ that becomes especially prominent with large text files (e..g. Japanese characters getting replaced by broken symbols). It was just in the kick in the balls I needed. xD

The damage dealt wasn't too bad though - I had tons of backups of each time I made more than 1% translation progress. It just took a while to diagnose the real problem (95% of the time it's something I did anyways, rather than the program).

Thanks for the update SFrame. Sleep well. :D:D:D
Thank you! And thank you for your patience! o/

rizo

Reputation score

Not silly at all IMO - Demopol evokes the wondrous imagery of utopian prosperity... although at the same time, my own country (U.S. >.>), lol.

But yes, it is a little off topic at this point, heheh. Feel free to PM me if you wish to reengage in intellectual exchanges akin to these. :)

Aye, it was apparently encoding corruption caused by either a bugged or outdated Notepad++ that becomes especially prominent with large text files (e..g. Japanese characters getting replaced by broken symbols). It was just in the kick in the balls I needed. xD

The damage dealt wasn't too bad though - I had tons of backups of each time I made more than 1% translation progress. It just took a while to diagnose the real problem (95% of the time it's something I did anyways, rather than the program).

Thank you! And thank you for your patience! o/
I'm like that when it comes to Photoshop, every time you make the slightest change you save. I've been hit with random crashes and it sucks when the last 4 hours of work disappears... I'll download the update now and post regarding bugs. :) Thanks the hard work :)

Last edited:

Gfurst

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Just like to chime in on the useless discussion :D

Dinas:
very likely a variation of latin for money, I knew I heard the word "denarius" before, and its basically Roman Latin for that
I knew this because its still very similar to Portuguese "dinheiro" (money, currency)

Demos:
also pretty common, "democracy" anyone?
but are you planning to replace Ishtar with Demopolis?
in this case I do think the given name for places seem to suit much better.

OP
SFrame

SFrame

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Just like to chime in on the useless discussion :D

Dinas:
very likely a variation of latin for money, I knew I heard the word "denarius" before, and its basically Roman Latin for that
I knew this because its still very similar to Portuguese "dinheiro" (money, currency)

Demos:
also pretty common, "democracy" anyone?
but are you planning to replace Ishtar with Demopolis?
in this case I do think the given name for places seem to suit much better.
Lol, Absolutely not - unless you guys want something like a ~silly~ version of the translations... :p

I really like "Dinars" because of the real-life relevance and the accurate googlability of the term, as well as the fact it's an even number of letters, which makes it more friendly with the script (whereas "Dinas" directs me to stuff named "Dina"). As for Demopol/Demopolis, I'm just an etymology nerd. Even when it comes to peoples' names, I try breaking down their origin and meaning, heheh.

tryguy

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hi SFrame, it's good to see you're still at work on this translation. I've been putting off playing it until it's a bit further along, but from what I see it's getting there.

Umm, I just wanted to check if you're now working on 2.03 or not. It was uploaded to nyaa a few days ago I think. I'm not sure what changes it has, but you might wanna check it.

OP
SFrame

SFrame

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hi SFrame, it's good to see you're still at work on this translation. I've been putting off playing it until it's a bit further along, but from what I see it's getting there.

Umm, I just wanted to check if you're now working on 2.03 or not. It was uploaded to nyaa a few days ago I think. I'm not sure what changes it has, but you might wanna check it.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention! v2.03 is mostly just a bug fix/QA patch for v2.00 (the append) (does a few minor grammar/word choice alterations to dialogue and some location coding fixes). I'll have the translations updated to v2.03 for the October release. ^^

My goal's to have the base game translations finished by Christmas Eve (Saturday, the 24th), prioritizing the Chaos Route, Low Route, and the Arena; if you're aiming to hold off 'til the main storyline's done, I'd say that's when it'll be ready. :)

Last edited: