What's new

[Request] North Pole Glory Hole

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score
Re: [Request] North Pole Glory Hole

I'm pretty sure the fact that they're charging is why we're missing a full version.

handofdoz

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm pretty sure the fact that they're charging is why we're missing a full version.
thought they'd put the full version on their site to get people to visit there and be raped by their adds......

SoliceTK

Lurker
Reputation score

Wow, this is the first M&F game I actually enjoyed playing. What's weird is the fact that's it's more "Game".

Thanks for the thread Taken.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Nope, it's a paysite now. I poked at it a bit.

I like how they don't even tell you what the fees are for being a member, it just links straight to a billing site.

evercrow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

no ending though, and back on topic, did evercrow see full metal daemon muramasa? apparently its a good visual novel with decisions.
oh? That's new info for me, thanks.Lol, i liked the "back on topic part". For the most part I played fan translated VN's,and not really familiar with top japan VN's.I'll recommend Soul Link from my side :)

Seems like bakauploader links being scoured from the net right now, because author decided to withdraw his links due to legal reasons(or rather, felt sorry for them).So if anyone has latest version(ver.4 I think) - please share

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

This game is ok. Eventually she'll start undressing and licking penises, then sucking them too. You get other cocks later on, and a fake one that eats up your time.

The ending is very disappointing given the cool gameplay. They did really well close to the end of the year, then got crappy again. No, they've always been crappy.

Cappy

Reputation score

Well, we mostly already know that Papanomics, there's a failure of security on the demo, that lets you play it for free just by right click/play, which you would know if you had read the thread before you posted.

zenon2

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well, we mostly already know that Papanomics, there's a failure of security on the demo, that lets you play it for free just by right click/play, which you would know if you had read the thread before you posted.
i did the right click thingy but it stucks on the menu

Dr_Maricon

Lurker
Reputation score

i did the right click thingy but it stucks on the menu
When you have the "demo version only, nothing further, blah blah blah", hit rewind, then the play button and you'll start where your left off, but the demo is missing the fucking part :( .

Cappy

Reputation score

And I thought people would go back and read the thread, well I guess that serves me right for expecting people to do the logical thing.

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score

And I thought people would go back and read the thread, well I guess that serves me right for expecting people to do the logical thing.
Different logics take people to different results, but don't let the logic of conventional minds discourage your unconventional one from trying to make an unconventional process into a convention.;)

silentone

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

last I check the above phrase means that there is NO defininative proveable definition for something therefore the definiton is whatever the most widely accepted OPINION happens to be.

And dont try to argue with me on this because I will just ignore you.
You are correct in surmising that (as much as I hate it) the definition of words changes over a period of time. Because the commonly accepted definition (read as: the one found in dictionaries and encyclopedias) has already been established and there is very little contention among experts on that definition, you are bound to that definition.

Because even the worst M&F games meet the criteria of "game" you can't fault someone for thinking an interactive visual novel is a game at its core. I mean, if Nim can be a game...

Jutaari

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You are correct in surmising that (as much as I hate it) the definition of words changes over a period of time. Because the commonly accepted definition (read as: the one found in dictionaries and encyclopedias) has already been established and there is very little contention among experts on that definition, you are bound to that definition.

Because even the worst M&F games meet the criteria of "game" you can't fault someone for thinking an interactive visual novel is a game at its core. I mean, if Nim can be a game...
He told you he was an idiot, why are you explaining this to him?
Or are you explaining this to passers-by?

in which case, thank you, but I already knew that

Q

quicklimetime

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."

"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be Master - that's all."

Humpty Dumpty is wrong about words, but right about power. If the meaning of words were up to every individual's decision, communication would be impossible. We are given language, and we must use it appropriately in order to community our intentions. But who gives us language? Society, history, and people. You said yourself than language changes over time. This is because societies change, and with them meanings. Nor is society uniform in its understanding of meaning; words that appear in one subculture may not appear in another, or may have an altogether different meaning.

The important thing to grasp, if you are not to be a slave, is that you are not "bound" to any definition; you can only choose to be bound, to be subject to the authority of dictionary-makers and their power to standardize meaning. The meaning of words can be contested: to struggle over language is to struggle over values.

I'm with moomoo; VNs shouldn't be considered, games - at least not primarily. However, I can't beat JohnDoe's definition in terms of succinctness, so this isn't an argument I can win. At the same time, it isn't a very good definition, because it's broad enough to include things that most of us would not consider to be games.

Is a debate or an argument a game? We speak of "winning" arguments. We use formal rules in debates, and informal rules in arguments (we try to be logical, we make arguments rather than physical attacks, we try to be objective, we make an effort to convince or persuade). And arguments are definitely challenging. Despite these features, the concept we have of games does not include things like arguments. The definition needs to be tightened in some way. I get the feeling that doing so will remove things like VNs from the definition as well, but again, I do not have a better definition.

Last edited:

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score

My grandmother used to say that it's a game as long as you enjoy it, otherwise it's a chore. (My translation doesn't work as good as the original...)

Arguments can be games, that i know for sure, the sublime pleasure of messing with other peoples minds and slowly leading them to their own demise or bluntly crushing their defensive reasonings while leading their attention away from your weak points, just like playing chess.:cool:

I don't see a need to make a definition that is more strict or complicated, for everything can be a game, i know from life that love can be and i know from hystory that war can be, but most of all i know from my childhood that even a rock can become a game, if you are bored enough.;)

dragoonistix

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

but interaction in vn isn't really that good, yeah your choosing the path he takes, but you can only interact with choices(1 or 3 options),
you don't even influence what he says much, just to the choices you are given with.
clicking wasn't really part of the interaction, its to know you have finished reading it, and pictures are there to look upon as if it was a book, and a book is not a game..

going into bad end isn't failing in vn, its just a branch, your choices lead to this branch, having so little influence to the novel, you are not a gamer, you are a reader, reading the various branches of the novel.. . .
tough some vn's put minigames in the novel, the games are games and the novel parts are novel..

vn might fit into a game category(i disagree due to lack of interaction),,
but most of them are better as a book category.

Yay opinion voiced,

Last edited:

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score

From your reasoning most rpgs are VN with some fights in between, since you spend a lot of time reading...

Besides, if you make a wrong choice and end up in a game over that you didn't plan to end up with, then that is failing, cause you failed at getting what you wanted.

dragoonistix

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

From your reasoning most rpgs are VN with some fights in between, since you spend a lot of time reading...

Besides, if you make a wrong choice and end up in a game over that you didn't plan to end up with, then that is failing, cause you failed at getting what you wanted.
most rpgs have you moving around and playing the role of your character, interacting heavily,

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score

Some VNs have heavy interaction, like thief and sword, vanilla beans, 世紀末学園伝説オウカ and more.

Eskella

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I can't believe this was even a worthy discussion topic. :3