What's new

ACT [Milky Soft] Kinetic Chronicle (RE250830) (RJ250830)

Dyhart

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Kinetic Chronicle, Action platformer yuri Hentai game [Public Version Release]

What I really want to bring up is the english text used in the game. When reading it, it's good enough for me to get the gist of what the characters are saying. However, since a lot of the scenes are given context through what the characters are saying, I find myself skipping past the somewhat broken english (no offense), because reading it makes it harder for me to take the scene seriously.

I realize that english probably isn't your first language. You can probably find a volunteer or two to help touch up the english dialog in the game. Perhaps you were already planning that?
I'm taking into account that their first game had no English at all. So the broken English to me is better than none at all. It's one of the last things I'd fix personally, but hey that's just me.

Having actually played the game since my last comment, I think it's pretty interesting.

Bear After Dark

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Kinetic Chronicle, Action platformer yuri Hentai game [Public Version Release]

Gave the latest build a go and I find it promising.

I'd agree that the broken English isn't a terrible thing for now in the early stages. Something to be fixed as the game progresses.

I'd focus on refining the game play and squashing bugs pertaining to that before fixing the English.

Will keep and eye out for now builds.

boombome

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

after fighting the boss a bit, stage one is fine for difficulty, the rolling ball could be a little smaller as it is terribly punishing for a small error, but stage two is way to difficult. there is no time between attacks for the player to retaliate and the floor spike move is one spike too large for the arena in most cases. other than that and the slime jump room, the game is fun and i look forward to more info in the future

Sabinn

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Really quick review here, don't worry if I only talk about the negative aspects of the game, I'm the kind of people who think that it's always better to emphasize negative aspects other good ones.

My feeling is that this game have a good potentiel overall.

I'm truely not a good player at platform game, but I found that this game is really frustrating during the first hour or play.

-Kinetics powers on rocks feels very slow. The movement speed is really slow, especially when you look at how quickly your energy is consumed.

-It happens that in some situations, the main character is hit by ennemies without being able to counter. The character can only get up, get hit, fall, etc....

-Some paterns of the boss (especially the rolling rock) are very difficult to avoid, even with some training.

I didn't manage to beat the boss yet, however it seems that the game is becoming less frustrating after some hours of play.

I just have a little question: Is it possible to see the whole CG you unlock with boss battle ? All the others CG's are full, but not this one.

OP
milkysofts

milkysofts

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thank you, for your advice. ^^

Currently I'm building the new version.

About the cg album sorry, but the animate part of it still not finish yet, so only the still image are show now.

And don't worry I'll fix both the game bug, and the english also, and since the english fixing process is like finding someone to help me, so it would not slow the debug process down. ^^

Last edited:

???

Cthulhu
Reputation score

In agreement with what others have said, I never intended for the English correction to be a priority; it's understandable enough for the time being. I only meant that it should definitely be considered for future, given the contextual nature of the sex scenes.

OP
milkysofts

milkysofts

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Kinetic Chronicle, Action yuri Hentai game [Patron V0.11b][Public V0.1c] update

I finish the update at last. ^^ here you go.

The public version download link is here.

Change log.

1. Rework the low ceiling stage, add another way to pass without drop to ledge jump. (drop to ledge jump is still doable.)
2. Increase the telekinesis speed by 50%.
3. increase Feley kick range slightly.
4. Slime in tunnel will now have respawn delay.
5. Fix the aggressive of slime, so they will not camp at the ledge of the platform anymore.
6. Slime will now have collision damage.
7. Feley now get 2 second invulnerable after get up.
8. Lower Teria's roll hitbox.
9. Lower Teria's rock spike hitbox.
10. When dying bullets will not reset to 5 anymore.(It will still reset to 5, if Feley got less than 5 bullets.)
11. In easy and hard mode, monster's grasp will not reach the unbreakable state, if player break it too slow anymore. (It's still easier to break it as fast as possible.)
12. Plant now have animation before spawn tentacle.
13. Feley will suddenly stop when grasp by plant tentacle now.
14. Add 2 more checkpoint.

In agreement with what others have said, I never intended for the English correction to be a priority; it's understandable enough for the time being. I only meant that it should definitely be considered for future, given the contextual nature of the sex scenes.
For you I add the E key as addition shoot button in the new version.

Lol this game makes me wish that double jumping should be a rule. I love the art though and the sounds she makes. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
How can I miss your post. XD glad to see you around.

Really quick review here, don't worry if I only talk about the negative aspects of the game, I'm the kind of people who think that it's always better to emphasize negative aspects other good ones.

My feeling is that this game have a good potentiel overall.

I'm truely not a good player at platform game, but I found that this game is really frustrating during the first hour or play.

-Kinetics powers on rocks feels very slow. The movement speed is really slow, especially when you look at how quickly your energy is consumed.

-It happens that in some situations, the main character is hit by ennemies without being able to counter. The character can only get up, get hit, fall, etc....

-Some paterns of the boss (especially the rolling rock) are very difficult to avoid, even with some training.

I didn't manage to beat the boss yet, however it seems that the game is becoming less frustrating after some hours of play.

I just have a little question: Is it possible to see the whole CG you unlock with boss battle ? All the others CG's are full, but not this one.
Thank you again for your advice, In this version, the telekinesis speed already speed up, and Feley will gain 2 second invulnerable after she get up.

Rolling rock now have smaller hitbox as well.

after fighting the boss a bit, stage one is fine for difficulty, the rolling ball could be a little smaller as it is terribly punishing for a small error, but stage two is way to difficult. there is no time between attacks for the player to retaliate and the floor spike move is one spike too large for the arena in most cases. other than that and the slime jump room, the game is fun and i look forward to more info in the future
Rolling rock now have smaller hitbox, and slime jump room now reworked but about spike I think I would give Teria one hard to avoid move, but it will get smaller hit box anyways. Thank you anyways I'll try to do my best. ^^

I'm taking into account that their first game had no English at all. So the broken English to me is better than none at all. It's one of the last things I'd fix personally, but hey that's just me.

Having actually played the game since my last comment, I think it's pretty interesting.
I'm finding someone to fix the english too, and don't worry it would not slow down the game process.
I just update a new version ,may be if you get some free time, you should give it a try. ^^ Anyways, thank you.

Gave the latest build a go and I find it promising.

I'd agree that the broken English isn't a terrible thing for now in the early stages. Something to be fixed as the game progresses.

I'd focus on refining the game play and squashing bugs pertaining to that before fixing the English.

Will keep and eye out for now builds.
Thank you, and don't worry we'll fix both the bugs and english. ^^

The new version is out already, too. May be give it a try....

Last edited:

tontoman

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Kinetic Chronicle, Action yuri Hentai game [Patron V0.11b][Public V0.1c] update

Hello, just tried the demo. Only the Flash.exe version worked for me. Tried the swf in Firefox and IE (windows 7) and it ran, but when I tried to start the level and got the Yes/no prompt, clicking yes did nothing.

I've no problem with the english, I like the graphics style, cute.
And like the Yuri style.

Game runs (or just the controls) veeeerrrry floaty, vague. Is that my system, or the game in general?

Seen that before in games. ok I can live with that if not too hard. BUT.

Instant kill pit of death and start at beginning of level at death.
Noooo. That dying instantly on failed jumps + restarting at beginning + poor controls = not an option for me.
Poor controls and any insta death is just something I can't get into. And slowly moving around rock puzzles.
If the laggy controls are just me (my PC) ok, forget I mentioned it heh.
Otherwise, everything else comes after the above problem for me.

Good luck on the project.

OP
milkysofts

milkysofts

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hello, just tried the demo. Only the Flash.exe version worked for me. Tried the swf in Firefox and IE (windows 7) and it ran, but when I tried to start the level and got the Yes/no prompt, clicking yes did nothing.

I've no problem with the english, I like the graphics style, cute.
And like the Yuri style.

Game runs (or just the controls) veeeerrrry floaty, vague. Is that my system, or the game in general?

Seen that before in games. ok I can live with that if not too hard. BUT.

Instant kill pit of death and start at beginning of level at death.
Noooo. That dying instantly on failed jumps + restarting at beginning + poor controls = not an option for me.
Poor controls and any insta death is just something I can't get into. And slowly moving around rock puzzles.
If the laggy controls are just me (my PC) ok, forget I mentioned it heh.
Otherwise, everything else comes after the above problem for me.

Good luck on the project.
Thank you, but the game is only the exe. the swf is just for the game to load, so it's not for running the game from the start.

The control normally instant, if you found it slow maybe the whole game is laggy for you, may be try lower the quality, or play it in small windows may help.

Those pit are instant dead but it really not easy to fall into, also there's a check point at the start of 3rd scene.

snakesonaplane

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've played the new demo and finally got to the boss so that was a lot better. Like the other guy I'm only going to focus on criticisms so don't think I hate your game because I don't, its just ideas for improvement.

1. You added slime collision damage and thats ok, but its a bit strange for a game to only have that for one type of enemy, it would be like if a goomba in Mario had collision damage but a koopa didn't. Maybe you should have collision damage on all enemies (like the plant) as well as the bosses. Because on the boss I found a cheap way of hurting her in her first stage where I didn't get hurt at all because I was just standing in the corner behind her while she was throwing rocks and attacking her. If she had collision damage then I wouldn't be able to do that and it might have made the fight a bit more challenging.

2. The slimes still feel like they respawn a bit too quickly after you kill them, is it possible to not have them appear so quickly, or even not have them respawn at all?

3. I can never ever escape from the mouse moving attacks when you get knocked down. I'm not sure if I'm just getting the moving technique wrong, but I find it too hard to fight free from and always just give up and let the enemy attack me.

OP
milkysofts

milkysofts

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thank you, for your heartwarming comment. ^^

Don't worry I'm... Well I'm a bit weak mentaly. haha Anyways let get back to the point.

I'm trying so I add to slime first, if it work I'll add to all monster, and yes I agree I should add to Teria too.

Currently respawn rate is around 5 second, may be I should set to 7 or 10 in the next version, but if they're not respawn at all, I'm afraid the slime tunnel will lose its purpose.

For the way to break free from monster grasp, your bar will fill everytime your mouse change direction so no need to do a big swing just shake it as fast as possible, I'm thinking of add arrow key grasp breaking to be selectable in option too, may be in the next version.

Wow.. the new page always mine ^^

snakesonaplane

Demon Girl
Reputation score

For the way to break free from monster grasp, your bar will fill everytime your mouse change direction so no need to do a big swing just shake it as fast as possible
This is what I do but I can never seem to break free, it usually just stays level and then I find its taking too long so I give up and allow it to win

OP
milkysofts

milkysofts

Demon Girl
Reputation score

This is what I do but I can never seem to break free, it usually just stays level and then I find its taking too long so I give up and allow it to win
I see, I set the cap, so myself able to break it... seem like my own mouse shaking rate is too high. I'll lower the cap in the next version then.

but currently the other way is to break before the it reach the cap, may be start shaking the mouse since she fall would help break it easier.

snakesonaplane

Demon Girl
Reputation score

On the main menu where you have the level select could you split each level up by a checkpoint? So you can choose where in the level you want to start from? Including just being able to go to the boss fight.

OP
milkysofts

milkysofts

Demon Girl
Reputation score

On the main menu where you have the level select could you split each level up by a checkpoint? So you can choose where in the level you want to start from? Including just being able to go to the boss fight.
I'll think of it... May be, but should unlock after player already clear the stage once, or clear the game once.

I don't want the game to become too hard, but should not be too easy either.

I'm currently working on the sprite and the 2nd stage of the game.

It would be a while until the next version come out. ^^

snakesonaplane

Demon Girl
Reputation score

should unlock after player already clear the stage once, or clear the game once.
Yeah I'm not suggesting otherwise, it makes sense to complete the game properly first. Sometimes if you want to go back and play certain sections of the game after you've finished its just nice if you can go straight to a boss fight for example. I always appreciate it when people do that on their level selects in games.

CeLioCiBR

Demon Girl
Reputation score

H-hey there xD
i played a little.. and.... i liked ahahah xD
really, very nice art, i really liked this game.. keep up the good work xD
cyaa xD ^^

OP
milkysofts

milkysofts

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yeah I'm not suggesting otherwise, it makes sense to complete the game properly first. Sometimes if you want to go back and play certain sections of the game after you've finished its just nice if you can go straight to a boss fight for example. I always appreciate it when people do that on their level selects in games.
I see, in that case, I would try to add it in the next version. ^^

H-hey there xD
i played a little.. and.... i liked ahahah xD
really, very nice art, i really liked this game.. keep up the good work xD
cyaa xD ^^
Thank you, I'll do my best... YAY \(^w^)/

Mr. Bigshot

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

is there a better way to download the demo? i'm having problems

OP
milkysofts

milkysofts

Demon Girl
Reputation score

If you can't download from google drive you can use this mega link