What's new

ACT [Milky Soft] Kinetic Chronicle (RE250830) (RJ250830)

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Kinetic Chronicle, Action platformer yuri Hentai game [Patreon version release.]

Looks very good and nice animations, always up for a yuri/monster action game too :3

One thing, from the trailer it doesn't look too fast, but could health loss via rape be really slow? Or a mode with no damage, it's less fun when you die getting the sprite scenes... :(

EDIT nvm, it's at a pretty good rate

Last edited:
OP
milkysofts

milkysofts

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Kinetic Chronicle, Action platformer yuri Hentai game [Patreon version release.]

You are a gorram genius. I love platformers that encourage the player to get creative like that.

Is it bad that I'm kind of more pumped for the gameplay now?
Thank you. ^^ I'm try to put some puzzle element to the game too, aside of the action part, and yes gladly it can catch your attention. XP

I really want to include stories but kinda tight on budget here ^^;. You can do more air combo once you unlocked the skills

Haha, butt canon is really seems OP ^^;. Thanks a lot for dragging your tester to play the game :D
Look to right and to left, everything cost money. = =" We got budget problem too. Let's have a hi five? XD

Oh yes, I forgot about the upgrade... I'll try again. ^^

rage quit. I got past it but died on the 2nd part of the slime tunnel, and don't feel like redoing that part. didn't learn fast enough to kite the slime's back and I may have closed the wall on myself, a few times.....the platforming is not really say "harder" then the enemy's you can just run/jump past them but its annoying and makes me not want to play. which is a shame as the game looks great. I do enjoy the block moving, so Tira from Teen titans, like to see more focused on to that ability, attacks, to maybe throwing rocks at a wall to break it.
I'm sorry for making you have a bad time. -/|\- I'll try to do some things about that stage. I'm thinking of giving the slimes some respawn cooldown, so player would have more time to move the blocks. I'm try to work around that ability of Feley too. wall break is nice idea, I'm thinking of adding some rocks spawner beside it to avoid player to get stuck in the case they use up all rocks. May be use in later stage.

I'm working on 0.11 version according to the feedbacks we got from the first demo, so see you soon. ^^

Wow I don't know how I didn't think of that. Now I feel silly. I actually tried taking the two boulders and stacking them on top of each other in order to get to try and skip it.
Sometime we overlook somethings. (I do it often.) How clumsy I'm. = =
Let keep this secret ok? I do that too, when Mao first design the stage. XD

Looks very good and nice animations, always up for a yuri/monster action game too :3

One thing, from the trailer it doesn't look too fast, but could health loss via rape be really slow? Or a mode with no damage, it's less fun when you die getting the sprite scenes... :(

EDIT nvm, it's at a pretty good rate
Glad you like it, I'm aware of it too, so I minimal it, but still make it do some damage, since... I don't know, maybe I think it should hurt a little, and I want player to wriggle some. ^^

May be, I should add an immortal mode as newgame+ with some comedy conversation. XP

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Okay, managed to clear the demo, but I'll echo the "too hard" sentiment.
On the famous respawning slimes low-ceiling-jump room, I eventually managed to cheese it:
The first jump you can barely make if you time it right, at the second gap you can bring the brick from the left, jump on it, and barely make an ledge-jump up.

I'd say the cardinal rule here is "introduce concepts in safety" - being gangbanged by infinitely-respawning slimes doesn't quite count as my idea of "safe".
That is: while the earlier areas have introduced the ledge-jump by necessity, it's always been to add height to a jump (and I've lost count of how many times it somehow didn't work and I fell to my death in a pit).
I'd suggest introducing an earlier drop-to-ledge-jump setup where:
- There are no enemies nearby to distract/frustrate you
- Falling down is harmless (you can quickly get back)
- You physically cannot make the jump without using this trick
So for example (excuse my terrible ascii map):

#########
....##...
.....#...->
#..#...####
#........#
##.......#
#########

Other points of note that might merit improvement (at least, outside nightmare-hard mode):
- Ledge jump is inconsistent: Sometimes my character grabs the ledge but then just falls down. Too tight timing requirements on hitting the jump?
- Falling down is a frustrating insta-kill. IMHO, insta-kills should be reserved for very specific intended events, generic "falling off the bottom of the map" should usually result in losing a decent chunk of HP and resetting to a nearby ledge.
- Plants should have a longer cooldown: I find it near impossible to escape from a plant grab, which by itself would be mostly fine, but after that you still need to spam recover or you'll immediately get grabbed again. Give the plant a longer cooldown after a successful rape so you have more opportunity to get away?
- Aiming the shot feels weird: Perhaps it is going by y-offset of the mouse and ignoring x-offset, but it tends to miss where I meant it to go. Aim directly through the mouse cursor instead, where possible?
- Related, if my mouse cursor is behind the character, she should turn around to charge up the shot.
- The boss design is solid, though it still took me a while to get the hang of it. In particular, in the second phase, her charged ground-spike basically always resulted in a 25% HP loss because I'd get hit, staggered, guaranteed followup hit into knockdown, guaranteed knockup. Feels frustrating to be unable to do anything about it.
- In the second part of the level, I kept thinking "wait, no checkpoint yet? You're going to make me do that whole jumping section again if I fail this?"

Overall, though, the game feels nice. The artstyle is cute, the gimmick reasonably creative (though it does give off a bit of a "trine" vibe...).
A great start, can't wait to see where it goes from here...

Related: I noticed I had bought your previous dlsite game way back when. I recall at the time, your launcher didn't work on my platform (win xp in vmware...), I tried again on my current machine and can play it.
...Oooh boy that game has a serious case of "difficulty balanced so the dev experienced with hitboxes and game mechanics can barely beat it".
I can barely get through the first two levels (the second seems to occasionally _take away_ the backup char's laser attack when you retry it with the ability already unlocked...) after that it gets too much for my clicking.
The laser attack also sometimes doesn't seem to hit, perhaps when my player gets hit at the same time as the laser goes off?

Anyhow. Hope this game can be balanced more forgivingly than that one.
Is there a savegame or a cheat unlock I can use on it? I'd love to actually get to see the content of that game, since it looks really neat, but I suck too much to get anywhere.
I suppose I could try and reverse-engineer the .sol savegames to try and boost my stats, but I fear even that won't be enough to stem the enemy hordes...

OP
milkysofts

milkysofts

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Okay, managed to clear the demo, but I'll echo the "too hard" sentiment.
On the famous respawning slimes low-ceiling-jump room, I eventually managed to cheese it:
The first jump you can barely make if you time it right, at the second gap you can bring the brick from the left, jump on it, and barely make an ledge-jump up.

Gladly you clear our demo, congratulation. ^^ and I'm sorry for the difficulty this one exactly the hard mode. I kind of make the hard mode first and then will cut off some function to make the easier one.

I'd say the cardinal rule here is "introduce concepts in safety" - being gangbanged by infinitely-respawning slimes doesn't quite count as my idea of "safe".
That is: while the earlier areas have introduced the ledge-jump by necessity, it's always been to add height to a jump (and I've lost count of how many times it somehow didn't work and I fell to my death in a pit).
I'd suggest introducing an earlier drop-to-ledge-jump setup where:
- There are no enemies nearby to distract/frustrate you
- Falling down is harmless (you can quickly get back)
- You physically cannot make the jump without using this trick
So for example (excuse my terrible ascii map):

#########
....##...
.....#...->
#..#...####
#........#
##.......#
#########
Thank you for your advice, I understand your ascii. I try to implement that drop to ledge jump as puzzle, not really a concept, but I agree that by not knowing that ledge jump can change the direction this puzzle may too hard, so I will try to introduce the "ledge jump can change direction" in some ways before that stage.

Anyways, building a new stage would take sometime, and I have to design the whole block, so I'll working on fixing the others part of the game first.

Other points of note that might merit improvement (at least, outside nightmare-hard mode):
- Ledge jump is inconsistent: Sometimes my character grabs the ledge but then just falls down. Too tight timing requirements on hitting the jump?
Ledge jump currently work like this. If you able to jump to the edge of the platform there's a small gap that you would able enter the grasp mode with slowdown your fall. Anyways if you fall off that gap you will fall, so the higher you touch the point the longer you can hold. The situation that Feley grabs the ledge but just fall down is because you hit the ledge at too low position.

- Falling down is a frustrating insta-kill. IMHO, insta-kills should be reserved for very specific intended events, generic "falling off the bottom of the map" should usually result in losing a decent chunk of HP and resetting to a nearby ledge.
I'll thinking of add this in the easy mode then... ,but in the most platformer like Rockman and Mario dropping out is death too isn't it?

- Plants should have a longer cooldown: I find it near impossible to escape from a plant grab, which by itself would be mostly fine, but after that you still need to spam recover or you'll immediately get grabbed again. Give the plant a longer cooldown after a successful rape so you have more opportunity to get away?
I agree to this one, I will put up some cooldown to the plant. ^^

- Aiming the shot feels weird: Perhaps it is going by y-offset of the mouse and ignoring x-offset, but it tends to miss where I meant it to go. Aim directly through the mouse cursor instead, where possible?
I'm sorry this is really a bug, cause by I put the point of angle calcuation too low. I'm already fix this. Feley will shot more accurate to the mouse pointer in the next version.

- Related, if my mouse cursor is behind the character, she should turn around to charge up the shot.
Nice idea too, I will see if I can add it. (I afraid that it may cause a bug if it contradict with the current arrow press.)

- The boss design is solid, though it still took me a while to get the hang of it. In particular, in the second phase, her charged ground-spike basically always resulted in a 25% HP loss because I'd get hit, staggered, guaranteed followup hit into knockdown, guaranteed knockup. Feels frustrating to be unable to do anything about it.
Yes, I try to make a boss like megaman so they will use pretty solid move. Ground spikes is Teria's hardest to avoid move. The key is position yourself close to her when she out of her ball and run to the other corner of the room. If you time when to start your run well you will avoid all spike, if you run too fast you will get hit by one or two spike. That would help minimum the damage.

In the next version Teria will have some more casting effect, that would help player to time the run.

- In the second part of the level, I kept thinking "wait, no checkpoint yet? You're going to make me do that whole jumping section again if I fail this?"
Sorry, but which part do you mean? Is it the slime tunnel?

Overall, though, the game feels nice. The artstyle is cute, the gimmick reasonably creative (though it does give off a bit of a "trine" vibe...).
A great start, can't wait to see where it goes from here...
Thank you ^^, I'm glad you like it... I'll do my best.

Related: I noticed I had bought your previous dlsite game way back when. I recall at the time, your launcher didn't work on my platform (win xp in vmware...), I tried again on my current machine and can play it.
...Oooh boy that game has a serious case of "difficulty balanced so the dev experienced with hitboxes and game mechanics can barely beat it".
I can barely get through the first two levels (the second seems to occasionally _take away_ the backup char's laser attack when you retry it with the ability already unlocked...) after that it gets too much for my clicking.
The laser attack also sometimes doesn't seem to hit, perhaps when my player gets hit at the same time as the laser goes off?

Anyhow. Hope this game can be balanced more forgivingly than that one.
Is there a savegame or a cheat unlock I can use on it? I'd love to actually get to see the content of that game, since it looks really neat, but I suck too much to get anywhere.
I suppose I could try and reverse-engineer the .sol savegames to try and boost my stats, but I fear even that won't be enough to stem the enemy hordes...
Thank you, for supporting us and sorry for a buggy game we made. We lose the source file of Tendril Chronicle in the flood on our local, so we can't make further update. In the case that you can't open the exe file you can rename the data.dat to data.swf and open it as a normal flash.

The game is turn out to become so hard like that cause the people who test it for us are too good at gaming, and we make it blindly without community review.

And surely we try to make this game much easier, also we will have an easy mode too.

For Tendril Chronicle we didn't add any cheats for ourself but Dood said he can use the sol editor called Minerva to edit the weapon level of Ami/Emily to 99 and make her do insane damage at the very long range, but becareful in the Tower stage if you kill the golem before it enter the screen its corpse will block other monster from moving and may cause bug.

Anyways I still got a full cg gallery of the game, you can have it if you like.

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

but in the most platformer like Rockman and Mario dropping out is death too isn't it?
Hm, I'd say it depends. In classic mario, dropping out is death, but so is touching an enemy while small mario.
However, particularly in early stages, there are very few real drops - later on some levels have more drops, but even there some areas have a floor at the bottom where you can walk back.

My argument here is that dropping is an easy mistake to make - its effect should be similar to other easy, common mistakes. If they kill you, dropping should kill you, but if other mistakes take 20% health, so should dropping. Of course, the bad news for that is figuring out where to respawn the player, which can be nontrivial to program properly.

Another argument is to consider how much progress the player loses compared to how much they screwed up.
On the one extreme, you have games like vvvvvv - everything is instant death, but dying only loses 10-30 seconds of progress.
On the other end, I find most modern platformers with HP bars treat the HP as the gameover resource, so the player can't die unless they're already low on HP, or really screw up.
What's nice about this is that it can help bad players without also helping good players - good players would want to get through quickly, while bad players can go slowly and keep farming HP recharges to avoid dying.

Sorry, but which part do you mean? Is it the slime tunnel?
Yes - I don't remember exactly because I didn't want to die and replay it,
but I remember there were 2-4 tunnel sections with many slimes and bricks to put on/off switches.
To be fair, that section wasn't too difficult, so there wasn't that much risk of dying, but still - it gets annoying if you were already low on HP and need to avoid everything.

Anyways I still got a full cg gallery of the game, you can have it if you like.
I got the in-game album unlocked by tweaking the saves, though if you have a gallery that includes enemy grab animations and such, that would be interesting -
those are also pretty neat, and you don't really get to watch them much in game - and some enemies can be pretty tedious to get to...

OP
milkysofts

milkysofts

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hm, I'd say it depends. In classic mario, dropping out is death, but so is touching an enemy while small mario.
However, particularly in early stages, there are very few real drops - later on some levels have more drops, but even there some areas have a floor at the bottom where you can walk back.

My argument here is that dropping is an easy mistake to make - its effect should be similar to other easy, common mistakes. If they kill you, dropping should kill you, but if other mistakes take 20% health, so should dropping. Of course, the bad news for that is figuring out where to respawn the player, which can be nontrivial to program properly.

Another argument is to consider how much progress the player loses compared to how much they screwed up.
On the one extreme, you have games like vvvvvv - everything is instant death, but dying only loses 10-30 seconds of progress.
On the other end, I find most modern platformers with HP bars treat the HP as the gameover resource, so the player can't die unless they're already low on HP, or really screw up.
What's nice about this is that it can help bad players without also helping good players - good players would want to get through quickly, while bad players can go slowly and keep farming HP recharges to avoid dying.
I see, I would add it to the easy mode then. About programming I think I would use some invisible checkpoints close to the holes to mark the respawn position. It should not be any problem. ....I guess.

Yes - I don't remember exactly because I didn't want to die and replay it,
but I remember there were 2-4 tunnel sections with many slimes and bricks to put on/off switches.
To be fair, that section wasn't too difficult, so there wasn't that much risk of dying, but still - it gets annoying if you were already low on HP and need to avoid everything.
I see, that place. There're 4 totals and only the last is the long one. I may add a check point between 3 and 4 section.

I got the in-game album unlocked by tweaking the saves, though if you have a gallery that includes enemy grab animations and such, that would be interesting -
those are also pretty neat, and you don't really get to watch them much in game - and some enemies can be pretty tedious to get to...
My bad again... TwT When I make Tendril Chronicle I didn't think people would enjoy the sprite much. So, I made only the gallery of CG. Anyways, as you already access the save I think you can use the weapon level cheat as I mention earlier. Anyways, It may cause the game boring to play, since you would one hit kill everythings.

OP
milkysofts

milkysofts

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Kinetic Chronicle, Action platformer yuri Hentai game [Patron ver0.11]

I finish the 0.11 version already ^^

here is the change log.

-Fix most sound level in the game.
-Add 2 difficulty Easy and Tendril.
-Fix the aim of Feley's shot. (Now she will shoot to the current position of your mouse)
-If you place your mouse on Feley's back when start the charge, she will turn around.
-In Easy mode fall off the map not instant dead anymore.
-Add some delay on plant tentacle on easy and hard mode.
-Add some delay on slime spawning on easy and hard mode.
-Add some effect on Teria's ground spike.(For player to notice when to start running.)

OP
milkysofts

milkysofts

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Kinetic Chronicle, Action platformer yuri Hentai game [Public Version Release]

The public version available already. ^^

Anyways I think using the 0.1 version would not be so good idea since it's a little buggy.

So the version available is 0.1b, basically it's the 0.1 version with some bug fix.
Anyways, enjoy the game, and don't forget to tell me what do you think.

If you stuck in the room after the checkpoint you can read here.

Hint
Use your hand to jump.
Answer
Drop yourself down to grasp the ledge then jump to the other ledge.

Dataslycer

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: Kinetic Chronicle, Action platformer yuri Hentai game [Public Version Release]

Seems that if Feley and Teria KO each other, then it counts as a loss. Also the hit area of those spikes a lot bigger than the graphics, that I get hit while is is about 2 feet away from Feley. Also the hit stun will cause Feley to end up making it impossible to avoid the rest of Teria's attack (Teria's triple roll, ground spikes).

And finally beat Teria

Here is the guide
Fighting her requires a lot of precise timing on your dodging of her rock and earth based attack.

Phase 1.
She will alternate between rock throw and boulder roll.
- Rock throw. She throw 4 large rows in an arc from closest to furthest. Dash right when a rock land next to your feet. Get ready to avoid a boulder roll.
- Boulder roll. She has a start up where she covers herself in rocks before intiating,when you see the whole thing in a sphere, jump as it hits the ground. While in the middle of the jump charge up a shot.

Note: If she is about half HP, be careful that it is a triple boulder roll in which she will arc over to the other side after reaching one end. This is when she is on phase 2. After dodging the triple boulder roll, on the 3rd roll, charge a shot and fire at her while watching her body motion. Ideally you should be closest to the end where she starts the attack.

Phase 2.

Triple Boulder Roll: It is best to be at the middle of the room for this. Dodge as you would with her phase 1 version, but on the 3rd roll, jump towards the end closest where she started and charge a shot to fire at her. While doing so, observe her hand and body motion to see her next attack.

Quad rock spike. Her hands are on the ground. After you fire your shot, dash towards her direction. Don't worry, there is no collision damage here but the spike has a huge hit area so it is easy to get hit by a series of spikes. After the 4th spike, run back to the middle of the room

Falling Stalactite. Her hands are raised towards the air with some rock motes around her. Shadows will appear where the Stalactite will fall. The attack itself seems to have a small hit area so there is some room for error. You might be able to fire an uncharged shot if you have extra ammo.

Last edited:
OP
milkysofts

milkysofts

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Wow... It's 5 hours ago... gladly you clear it already. (^w^)

Ok, hitbox fix added to my memo, but what should happen if they just KO each other? May be give poor Teria some handicap. XD

scottdemon94

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh my god... I love the art but jesus I'm despising the controls right now. Was in that slime tunnel for quite some time and still didn't get passed it due to having to restart because slimes actually sit on the edge to knock you back down or just simply not double jumping (or ledge grabbing in this case)

Going to have to pass for supporting but wish you luck, maybe I'll come back to when the game isn't trying to be more annoying than fun :D

0.1b opinions

the first 2 enemies I came across as well as sprite animation
short but sweet intro
art designs is different (a good kind) from other games you see these days

Dislikes
Jumping puzzles when controls aren't fully or anywhere close to optimization
Escaping the plant felt a bit tedious at times as you need to quickly move the mouse left to right for a few seconds to escape
No airborne combos leaves enemies to block ledges and such when spawning appears to be infinite.

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I found the game to be okay but annoying bugs\mechanics are keeping it from being great. Did not make it to the boss, slime tunnel was too hard.

The plant can rape you while its dead. :eek: I don't know how it does that.
The kick has a far shorter hitbox then it implies and the slimes actually have a longer reach then the girl's kick. This combined with infinite respawns makes them kinda broken. I think that if a slime is killed, there should be a cooldown of at least 10 seconds so that you have time to move the blocks.

Last but not least, would it be game breaking if you sped up the block moving parts? The blocks really shouldn't be going around so slowly. It takes roughly a full minute to move a block across the screen. Meanwhile you're dealing with slimes that hit you at longer range and faster than you can hit them without careful manuevering. And even if you kill the slimes, the slimes come back almost instantly.

Thus I propose at least one of the two changes with an emphasis on the first one:
1. Cooldowns on enemy respawns, players should feel like they did something when the kill an enemy. Otherwise players just kill enemies because they're in the way and don't feel satisfaction from killing enemies. Since none of the enemies drop powerups (none that I noticed), it quickly becomes a very difficult slog and a chore as opposed to a fun and unique level.

2. Give those respawning enemies some powerups to drop. If one out of five dead slimes give a flame aura that kills all slimes around the character (slimes killed in this fashion do not drop anything and plants cannot rape the character while she is powered up). Then the slime tunnel sequence would be manageable.

3. Speed up telekinesis. Telekinesis is way too slow at the moment. I guess you intend to make telekinesis more practical in later levels but right now telekinesis really slows the game down. If the bar drained faster but the blocks moved faster to compensate then it would be a lot better for pacing. It also makes sense that player has little time to move the blocks due to the slimes constantly spawning it.

Either way, you don't have implement any of the ideas I've espoused here, it is your game, your project and your work after all. :)
But gosh darn it, I thought we were past the unforgivably hard sequences with no checkpoints in them! :)

Edit: Also there's some weird bug in flash.exe version of the demo you posted where occasionally the game will lock up on a blackscreen when loading the first section of the slime tunnels (the one right after the tricky jumps after the first checkpoint)

Other bugs include:
If you start the game using the skip function, the character isn't on her back at the start of the game
If you start the game using the skip function, the music doesn't start until you die once.

Last edited:

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The gameplay needs some work, right now it's more bothersome to play than enjoyable.

The overall flow of the game right now is very unintuitive, you get told you can attack while in mid-air but this doesn't actually seem to work, the first slime you fight has it's attacks interrupted when you hit it, but then the next enemy doesn't and you're instantly grabbed, and unless you start shaking your mouse the instant it grabs you the meter stops right near the end meaning you just wasted your time, there's no reason to keep the minigame going when there's no chance of success anymore and right now it just gets dragged out for no real purpose.

Worse still is this transitions into an animation after which you're still stunned and once more need to shake the mouse to escape, not doing so instantly and running away means you're immediately grabbed again. The attack itself also has a rather confusing hitbox that doesn't match the visuals of it at all, leading to grabs feeling cheap and frustrating (just making me go "really? THAT hit me?)

Some of these things aren't going to be a big deal if you've been playing the game for a while and gotten used to things, but just starting out it leaves a really bad impression and I had little desire to continue on.

The platforming and block levitating mechanics seem nice, but at the same time I can't help but wonder how these things will work with the combat, ledge jumping already leads to problems with enemies camping ledges and the speed at which you move blocks seems entirely separate from fighting unless you want to use it in some generally obnoxious timing-based challenges.

Dataslycer

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Not sure if it is intended, but you can literally just walk past all of the slimes and plants without getting hit. Probably why I was able to pass the slime tunnel (literally!).

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Not sure if it is intended, but you can literally just walk past all of the slimes and plants without getting hit. Probably why I was able to pass the slime tunnel (literally!).
You can but then there's the part where you need to stand still to Telekinesis the blocks onto switches. If there's a cheap trick I'd love it know it. :)

Dataslycer

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I just lure all of the slimes towards one side (may require a bit of back and forth to condense them) before moving back towards the block area so I can move the block in peace.

OP
milkysofts

milkysofts

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Oh my god... I love the art but jesus I'm despising the controls right now. Was in that slime tunnel for quite some time and still didn't get passed it due to having to restart because slimes actually sit on the edge to knock you back down or just simply not double jumping (or ledge grabbing in this case)
I see, the slime blocking the ledge may be really a problem I'll change it to non-aggresive slime on the next version. Anyways, currently you can clear it with a full charge range attack(right click). They will not respawn until get onto their platform.

btw, what do you mean when you say "control not fully or anywhere close to optimization" I know the control is different from the other platformer, but I try to make a new things. It would not be good if all game come out in the same way isn't it?

The plant can rape you while its dead. :eek: I don't know how it does that.
The kick has a far shorter hitbox then it implies and the slimes actually have a longer reach then the girl's kick. This combined with infinite respawns makes them kinda broken. I think that if a slime is killed, there should be a cooldown of at least 10 seconds so that you have time to move the blocks.
I make it by the mistake at first, but I think it would not be so harmful to have them throw their last attack when they're dying. XD

About her kick, since I change the sprite earlier so It look longer reach than the first one, I will fix the hit box in the next version then.

On the slime tunnel the key is to position. Slime're instantly respawn but It will respawn at the fix respawn point, so keep the distant from that point, then move the block little by little, and yes,lure all slime to one side and block it with the gate work too.

About the bugs, I'm testing but still can't trigger one, are there anykind of error show up when it happen?

The overall flow of the game right now is very unintuitive, you get told you can attack while in mid-air but this doesn't actually seem to work, the first slime you fight has it's attacks interrupted when you hit it, but then the next enemy doesn't and you're instantly grabbed, and unless you start shaking your mouse the instant it grabs you the meter stops right near the end meaning you just wasted your time, there's no reason to keep the minigame going when there's no chance of success anymore and right now it just gets dragged out for no real purpose.

Worse still is this transitions into an animation after which you're still stunned and once more need to shake the mouse to escape, not doing so instantly and running away means you're immediately grabbed again. The attack itself also has a rather confusing hitbox that doesn't match the visuals of it at all, leading to grabs feeling cheap and frustrating (just making me go "really? THAT hit me?)
It doesn't say you can melee midair, It just say you can charge and shot at mid air(right click) = =

The plant's grasp have a very small hitbox already if you just move a little, or jump their grasp will all miss, I know sometime if you get grasp at the edge of hitbox, the tentacle on your legs are on the different place from where they spawn, but If I smallter the hitbox, I'm afraid it would not able to grasp anyone at all. May be I'll add some animation on the plant before the tentacle spawn, so new player would know when to move.

I feel the stun after grasp is a bit too hard to escape too, I'll make it easier on the next version.

snakesonaplane

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Sorry but the gameplay really isn't fun at the moment, it need some work. There's potential there and the artwork is nice, but the game is really slow and frustrating at times. I didn't even make it to the boss and it felt like I'd been playing it for ages

Last but not least, would it be game breaking if you sped up the block moving parts? The blocks really shouldn't be going around so slowly. It takes roughly a full minute to move a block across the screen.
This so much, the block moving is tedious and not fun at all, its way too slow, speed it up please.

This too. Your game might need some collision damage added to it. Enemies are easy to avoid for the most part.

Also I was wondering what the "Let's skip to" thing is, I can't click on any of them

Last edited:

Dataslycer

Cthulhu
Reputation score

It doesn't have to be collision damage, but just collision itself that the slimes block Feley.

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

Lol this game makes me wish that double jumping should be a rule. I love the art though and the sounds she makes. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)