What's new

ACT [Milky Soft] Kinetic Chronicle (RE250830) (RJ250830)

snakesonaplane

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Kinetic Chronicle, Action platformer yuri Hentai game [Public Version Release]

Yeah this game isn't fun. I got a bit further but you need a 2nd checkpoint because I'm not accepting being sent back to the first one when I die in that room where you have to move blocks above your head whilst slimes constantly respawn next to you once you kill them

OP
milkysofts

milkysofts

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Kinetic Chronicle, Action platformer yuri Hentai game [Public Version Release]

Thank you for all feedbacks ^^"

I'll try to do a quick fix to make an easier version. see you soon.

Let's skip to things is stage select.. Currently there's only one stage so it not work yet.

scottdemon94

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I see, the slime blocking the ledge may be really a problem I'll change it to non-aggresive slime on the next version. Anyways, currently you can clear it with a full charge range attack(right click). They will not respawn until get onto their platform.

btw, what do you mean when you say "control not fully or anywhere close to optimization" I know the control is different from the other platformer, but I try to make a new things. It would not be good if all game come out in the same way isn't it?

Really? The slimes were just continuously respawning on my end. Then having to restart because I ran out of my energy blasts because I get whipped by the slime falling back on the lower platform :(

Nothing wrong with wanting to do something different in terms of controls, but what good is something new if it doesn't work as well compared to old controls? When a game relies on a number of jump sequences, the game needs to have the best optimization possible for controls else it gets frustrating for players then gets overlooked because of this. It's a very big issue with ACT based games.

You already have a unique artstyle and the current combat system works. We also have telekinesis for moving the blocks around and such. If you are persistent to keeping the current control layout then I'd like to suggest excluding more areas like the slime tunnel or at least include blocks in these areas between certain enemies and such to go upwards.

OP
milkysofts

milkysofts

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Really? The slimes were just continuously respawning on my end. Then having to restart because I ran out of my energy blasts because I get whipped by the slime falling back on the lower platform :(

Nothing wrong with wanting to do something different in terms of controls, but what good is something new if it doesn't work as well compared to old controls? When a game relies on a number of jump sequences, the game needs to have the best optimization possible for controls else it gets frustrating for players then gets overlooked because of this. It's a very big issue with ACT based games.

You already have a unique artstyle and the current combat system works. We also have telekinesis for moving the blocks around and such. If you are persistent to keeping the current control layout then I'd like to suggest excluding more areas like the slime tunnel or at least include blocks in these areas between certain enemies and such to go upwards.
Sorry but I may misunderstand.. which part of controls that you feel not right? Did you mean that the mouse control that I use to move block? The movement control is normal isn't it? Arrow keys to move and up to jump, I also make wasd keys useable to in the case that player want to place hand like fps.

And which stage you're on? Is it the stage after the check point where slime start to respawn. I'll do the recheck.

Here's the slime spawn map of that stage, the green boxs are where the spawn trigger, and the yellow circle are the slime landing point.

Last edited:

Melissia

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I utterly HATE that section. The jumps are near impossible to make, as you have to jump from the absolute edge of the platform and the graphics do not make that edge obvious-- it's 2d platforming with the absolute worst game design possible for the platforming section.

OP
milkysofts

milkysofts

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I utterly HATE that section. The jumps are near impossible to make, as you have to jump from the absolute edge of the platform and the graphics do not make that edge obvious-- it's 2d platforming with the absolute worst game design possible for the platforming section.
This jump section would easier, if you drop yourself to grasp the ledge of the platform, then jump to the other one. I'm working on adding an extra to stage to give the hint to this too.

Last edited:

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I see, the slime blocking the ledge may be really a problem I'll change it to non-aggresive slime on the next version. Anyways, currently you can clear it with a full charge range attack(right click). They will not respawn until get onto their platform.

btw, what do you mean when you say "control not fully or anywhere close to optimization" I know the control is different from the other platformer, but I try to make a new things. It would not be good if all game come out in the same way isn't it?

I make it by the mistake at first, but I think it would not be so harmful to have them throw their last attack when they're dying. XD

About her kick, since I change the sprite earlier so It look longer reach than the first one, I will fix the hit box in the next version then.

On the slime tunnel the key is to position. Slime're instantly respawn but It will respawn at the fix respawn point, so keep the distant from that point, then move the block little by little, and yes,lure all slime to one side and block it with the gate work too.

About the bugs, I'm testing but still can't trigger one, are there anykind of error show up when it happen?

It doesn't say you can melee midair, It just say you can charge and shot at mid air(right click) = =

The plant's grasp have a very small hitbox already if you just move a little, or jump their grasp will all miss, I know sometime if you get grasp at the edge of hitbox, the tentacle on your legs are on the different place from where they spawn, but If I smallter the hitbox, I'm afraid it would not able to grasp anyone at all. May be I'll add some animation on the plant before the tentacle spawn, so new player would know when to move.

I feel the stun after grasp is a bit too hard to escape too, I'll make it easier on the next version.
Regarding the black screen.
No I don't get an error. But since I'm only one complaining about it, it probably isn't really a problem and was some freak accident. Still sucked to encounter it though. Might have something to do with using the skip to function and trying to play the level that way?

OP
milkysofts

milkysofts

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Regarding the black screen.
No I don't get an error. But since I'm only one complaining about it, it probably isn't really a problem and was some freak accident. Still sucked to encounter it though. Might have something to do with using the skip to function and trying to play the level that way?
I still unable to trigger it myself ,but one thing I could think of is spam click together with skip may cause some double forward. I'll try disable the click briefly during skip.

scottdemon94

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sorry but I may misunderstand.. which part of controls that you feel not right? Did you mean that the mouse control that I use to move block? The movement control is normal isn't it? Arrow keys to move and up to jump, I also make wasd keys useable to in the case that player want to place hand like fps.

And which stage you're on? Is it the stage after the check point where slime start to respawn. I'll do the recheck.

Here's the slime spawn map of that stage, the green boxs are where the spawn trigger, and the yellow circle are the slime landing point.
The only controls I'm complaining about is the jumping, That exact area is tedious as the controls are delayed when trying to jump. Example
-Runs to what seems like the edge before jumping I'm either falling straight down to the platform below or the game doesn't register that I had used W at all. This is where its important to have solid responses from the game. This is what I feel needs a lot of optimizing. I don't use a wireless keyboard either and is perfectly fine for other games :p

Maybe I just found a minor bug in my version where the slime spawns regardless of when I'm on that platform or not? Those slimes were deffo spawning most of the time and going to the ledge just to knock me back down. I'll give it one last and see if it happens again.

saga55555

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

This jump section would easier, if you drop yourself to grasp the ledge of the platform, then jump to the other one. I'm working on adding an extra to stage to give the hint to this too.
OH! my :eek: That's really need some hint or tutorial.
I'm sure more than 80% of players don't know this trick and I'm one of 80%.

I can't pass this stage because her head always smash upper platform and drop down.

2nd problem is plant struggle. The meter nearly impossible to max when it's nearly full.
So I always give up and let her climax. Then struggle out after that.

Last one is stone movement speed. As upper users said, it's should move faster around 30-40% and make MP use faster as well.

scottdemon94

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just ran it again and now its only one of the platforms, the 2nd one to be exact that this always happens on. This is on both the Flash player and IE as well. If no one else has had the issue then I'm guessing there is just a minor bug in my version.

Dataslycer

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I can't pass this stage because her head always smash upper platform and drop down.
I am one of the 20% that did but that is because I accidentally discovered it. Milky, If you want a trick to be mandatory to pass a stage, you should put that as part of the tutorial.

OP
milkysofts

milkysofts

Demon Girl
Reputation score

2nd problem is plant struggle. The meter nearly impossible to max when it's nearly full.
So I always give up and let her climax. Then struggle out after that.

Last one is stone movement speed. As upper users said, it's should move faster around 30-40% and make MP use faster as well.
Glad to see you around again, Help me. TwT

XD.. btw you're right that I'm working to give the hint of that part somehow.

The struggle is design to become harder overtime, may be I should change the mechanic, and also the block speed too.

I am one of the 20% that did but that is because I accidentally discovered it. Milky, If you want a trick to be mandatory to pass a stage, you should put that as part of the tutorial.
Yes, I agree... I'm working on the part that would give the hint.

Just ran it again and now its only one of the platforms, the 2nd one to be exact that this always happens on. This is on both the Flash player and IE as well. If no one else has had the issue then I'm guessing there is just a minor bug in my version.
I see, I'll try to do somethings about it, At least I would change the slime moving mode to non-aggresive so they will not camp at the ledge anymore.

About the jump delay, I think I put no delay when I code it, but I will do the recheck...

???

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I won't go too much into bugs and stuff, since I know it's still in a very early phase.

Just in case, I'll point out:
-The charge shot stops working for me after the first screen.
-After I die and go to the checkpoint, all the rocks I've saved up reset to 5 (might be intentional?)
-The kick almost never hits the boss

What I really want to bring up is the english text used in the game. When reading it, it's good enough for me to get the gist of what the characters are saying. However, since a lot of the scenes are given context through what the characters are saying, I find myself skipping past the somewhat broken english (no offense), because reading it makes it harder for me to take the scene seriously.

I realize that english probably isn't your first language. You can probably find a volunteer or two to help touch up the english dialog in the game. Perhaps you were already planning that?

Anyway, this game seems very unique, and I like it so far. Great work!

unkownmyriad

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Even with the whole "dropping down onto the ledge" thing, I couldn't get past that part of the stage shown in earlier posts. Some of those jumps are damn near impossible and hitting my head on the platforms above completely ruins my momentum.

OP
milkysofts

milkysofts

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I won't go too much into bugs and stuff, since I know it's still in a very early phase.

Just in case, I'll point out:
-The charge shot stops working for me after the first screen.
-After I die and go to the checkpoint, all the rocks I've saved up reset to 5 (might be intentional?)
-The kick almost never hits the boss

What I really want to bring up is the english text used in the game. When reading it, it's good enough for me to get the gist of what the characters are saying. However, since a lot of the scenes are given context through what the characters are saying, I find myself skipping past the somewhat broken english (no offense), because reading it makes it harder for me to take the scene seriously.

I realize that english probably isn't your first language. You can probably find a volunteer or two to help touch up the english dialog in the game. Perhaps you were already planning that?

Anyway, this game seems very unique, and I like it so far. Great work!
Thank you, for your advice. ^^

The stone reset would be fix in the next version and for boss I design her to be fight with range attack,

But for the bug that make you can't shoot after first scene,I'm sorry ,but I seem to need your help to debug it.

Could you please download this.

and open the "openthis.swf" with the "flashplayer_25_sa_debug.exe" (both file are in the archive.)

go to the point where you can't shoot and do the rightclick, and told me what error you got.

Thank you again for your help.

Also yes, english is not my first language. We plan to make the dialog in the game better too, currently we're finding someone to working with the story.

Even with the whole "dropping down onto the ledge" thing, I couldn't get past that part of the stage shown in earlier posts. Some of those jumps are damn near impossible and hitting my head on the platforms above completely ruins my momentum.
If you do the drop down to the ledge then jump, your head should not hit the upper platform. for example if you're try to jump from left platform to right platform.

1.drop yourself down grab the ledge of the left platform(you can spam jump to stay there as long as you wish)

2.jump to grab the ledge of the right platform.

3.jump on the right platform.

And yes we're working on that stage too, try to giving more hint or may be rework it.

devron

Demon Girl
Reputation score

What program is needed to open this game? Just got a new computer and this demo is asking what program I want to open the game with... using a browser just sends to download again.

Thanks!

OP
milkysofts

milkysofts

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Do you download the game from the link on the first page? Do you unpack the game yet?

If not you need winrar to unpack the archive and then It should be the exe standalone.

Thank you! Didn't even have winrar yet I guess. Works now!
you're welcome ^^

Last edited:

devron

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thank you! Didn't even have winrar yet I guess. Works now!

???

Cthulhu
Reputation score

So I tried the debug you linked. It doesn't seem like I can ever get the charge shot to happen consistently now. Sometimes it happens, but most of the time it seems like it just starts to happen, only to shoot a normal rock even on the first screen. The debugger doesn't report anything either...