What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Azurezero] Damsel Quest 3 (RE196208)

TankHunter678

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Damsel Quest 3 (Released for 10usd on itch.io)

Anyone got a save that is located at the first save point after the traps in the claw base?

I keep running into issues of not being able to progress through the trap puzzles because of the guards abandoning their patrols to instantly aggro me when I step onto the map, and having to go through every single puzzle every time I fail is frustrating. Especially since I cannot save after completing a segment to just load back to that point if I fail.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Here's my save file. It's right before activating the cutscene that starts the event.

Once you start, 1 touch is game over.
hmmm when i try it the variable i thought was fucked wasnt. so i dont know whats causing it on yours.

for now im upping my new versionto itch and hoping that stops it happening for people. i got captured and the first part played as it should, though it always has for me, so im not sure.

i got to the end of that segment for the other guy though.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cypress131

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

hmmm when i try it the variable i thought was fucked wasnt. so i dont know whats causing it on yours.

for now im upping my new versionto itch and hoping that stops it happening for people. i got captured and the first part played as it should, though it always has for me, so im not sure.
I just tried the new version, same thing happened. Still instant game over.

Is there anything I can do to help you debug what's going on? I kinda want to see those events.

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I just tried the new version, same thing happened. Still instant game over.

Is there anything I can do to help you debug what's going on? I kinda want to see those events.
the event is called and checks a variable called capture, i thought on your save it was being set to 3 somewhere so the game over happens when its called. but the variable was 0 in the save so it doesnt make sense that after the +1 youre getting the capture=4.

Attachments

tamaking

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i want the gallery and full save
after view all cg and shikoshiko, play rpg:)

TankHunter678

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So I am in that firey temple and trying to do the left side with the 5 orbs and am running into problems....

1) Every time the puzzle resets the orbs do not, meaning I have to burn an attempt to reset the black orbs and leave the room to reset the ones you can interact with back to all red.

2) Every time the puzzle resets the color combination needed is seemingly randomized.

3) There are no hints as far as I can tell, and attempts are limited at 10.

So I have spent nearly 10 of my 15 minute time limit trying to figure this out. Its getting frustrating though, it would not be so bad if the attempts were not limited as then I could trial and error my way through within a couple minutes max.

Also another thing, if you surrender in the fights and get yourself captured you are stuck watching the enemies attack your characters for however long is left on the timer as there is no defeat flag.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So I am in that firey temple and trying to do the left side with the 5 orbs and am running into problems....

1) Every time the puzzle resets the orbs do not, meaning I have to burn an attempt to reset the black orbs and leave the room to reset the ones you can interact with back to all red.

2) Every time the puzzle resets the color combination needed is seemingly randomized.
it is

3) There are no hints as far as I can tell, and attempts are limited at 10.

So I have spent nearly 10 of my 15 minute time limit trying to figure this out. Its getting frustrating though, it would not be so bad if the attempts were not limited as then I could trial and error my way through within a couple minutes max.

Also another thing, if you surrender in the fights and get yourself captured you are stuck watching the enemies attack your characters for however long is left on the timer as there is no defeat flag.
the puzzle is a test of logic. i cycle through the colours as soon as i know which aren't red, then blue, then green, and like 80% of the time i get the code before the attempts run out

as for the surrendering... that's happened to some people before in the slave arena. where the fight would continue regardless. but it didnt happen to everyone. i don't know the cause of that because it never seems to happen to me.

TankHunter678

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

the puzzle is a test of logic. i cycle through the colours as soon as i know which aren't red, then blue, then green, and like 80% of the time i get the code before the attempts run out
I do the same, however I kept running out of attempts because you got 4 colors to work with and no clear indication which one is correct until you use up an attempt after interacting with said orb to mentally track it. Because the black orbs fill from left to right, and do not light up over the correct color orb. So you can wind up changing an orb that was correct on accident and burn up to 3 attempts before you figure out that it was correct all along.

I managed to get through it on sheer luck. and barely got to the boss with 50 seconds left on the clock to defeat them for ending 2 (I did not know the vortex dagger in the pocket dimension was a ending item).

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I do the same, however I kept running out of attempts because you got 4 colors to work with and no clear indication which one is correct until you use up an attempt after interacting with said orb to mentally track it.

I managed to get through it on sheer luck. and barely got to the boss with 50 seconds left on the clock to defeat them for ending 2 (I did not know the vortex dagger in the pocket dimension was a ending item).
It's not.
the dagger is the cursed dagger from elkia ruin.
the item you need for route 3 is in the pocket dimension 2 locked behind an easier version of that puzzle (should be 4 orbs, nope thats 5 too)

TankHunter678

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It's not.
the dagger is the cursed dagger from elkia ruin.
the item you need for route 3 is in the pocket dimension 2 locked behind an easier version of that puzzle (should be 4 orbs, nope thats 5 too)
Well I defeated the boss of the pocket dimension (never even got the elkia ruin tablet to unlock it btw) and ran back into his room to loot his chest before high tailing it out of the pocket dimension.

It stands out in my memory because it reduced my ATK to 1 so I never used it. Unless the save you gave me completed the ruin.

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well I defeated the boss of the pocket dimension (never even got the elkia ruin tablet to unlock it btw) and ran back into his room to loot his chest before high tailing it out of the pocket dimension.

It stands out in my memory because it reduced my ATK to 1 so I never used it. Unless the save you gave me completed the ruin.
i got the save from someone else. but you can still move back to route 1 by selling the dagger before finishing the dimension mission or move to route 3 by getting the yuria card in there.

also i messed up that chest. youre supposed to get the real vortex dagger there, not the one with 1atk, that ones a fake that breaks after you attack with it (if its in the first slot) and is the same one for sale in the black market

hmmm i checked the chest and that is the real one that doesnt set you to 1atk

TankHunter678

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i got the save from someone else. but you can still move back to route 1 by selling the dagger before finishing the dimension mission or move to route 3 by getting the yuria card in there.

also i messed up that chest. youre supposed to get the real vortex dagger there, not the one with 1atk, that ones a fake that breaks after you attack with it (if its in the first slot) and is the same one for sale in the black market

hmmm i checked the chest and that is the real one that doesnt set you to 1atk
Turns out they did do the ruins. I went back to my pre-dimension clear save and checked.

Also I think the issue is that I still had the vortex dagger I got from the black market, so it bugged out and just stacked them or something instead of giving me the true one.

I got the yuria card now, I noticed a big difference between the card orb puzzle and temple one.

If you use up all attempts on the card puzzle you get an instant game over. Oh and apparently loading the save does not randomize it.

So basically next time I get that temple I am going to try to save scum my way through it.

Now to figure out how to trigger being able to go to the onsen on the mountain...

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Turns out they did do the ruins. I went back to my pre-dimension clear save and checked.

Also I think the issue is that I still had the vortex dagger I got from the black market, so it bugged out and just stacked them or something instead of giving me the true one.

I got the yuria card now, I noticed a big difference between the card orb puzzle and temple one.

If you use up all attempts on the card puzzle you get an instant game over. Oh and apparently loading the save does not randomize it.

So basically next time I get that temple I am going to try to save scum my way through it.
it used to be that way. where loading a save would restore any events that had erased themselves as if you left a room and came back. dunno why it changed.

TankHunter678

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

it used to be that way. where loading a save would restore any events that had erased themselves as if you left a room and came back. dunno why it changed.
Ok, by the way how/when can you get access to the onsen?

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ok, by the way how/when can you get access to the onsen?
piece of gold in b2 of slaver mine(so after library raid), piece of gold from black market, go to woman living in tent on top left of world map, get lucky coin.
use lucky coin in blizzard caves in the endlessly looping area that saps your health

swpkmn

Demon Girl
Reputation score

piece of gold in b2 of slaver mine(so after library raid), piece of gold from black market, go to woman living in tent on top left of world map, get lucky coin.
use lucky coin in blizzard caves in the endlessly looping area that saps your health
Does the other gold item the merchant can sell you in the black market do anything? Also, can you ever get to the sparkling spot that appears when you knock over the jar in the well, and if so, how?

Idea: Perhaps to avoid confusion between the two "Vortex Dagger" items, maybe you could slightly change the name and/or description for the fake one to imply that they are not the same? (For example: Spell the fake one's name incorrectly and add a question mark to its description, or add ", but..." to the fake's description)

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Does the other gold item the merchant can sell you in the black market do anything? Also, can you ever get to the sparkling spot that appears when you knock over the jar in the well, and if so, how?

Idea: Perhaps to avoid confusion between the two "Vortex Dagger" items, maybe you could slightly change the name and/or description for the fake one to imply that they are not the same? (For example: Spell the fake one's name incorrectly and add a question mark to its description, or add ", but..." to the fake's description)
the other gold item is a fake out, though a while back i did consider adding a boss like diablos from ff8

nah the sparkle down the well was a troll, i could never think of anything to put there.

honestly the weapons having the same name should not cause them to stack.
i wanted them to have the same name so you didnt know it was fake until you attacked with it. but since ren has two slots, it only broke if you had it in the first one, so people wouldve been able to keep it as if it was a real one if i hadnt nerfed it

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

nah the sparkle down the well was a troll, i could never think of anything to put there.
*See barrel on high spot, know there is a landing, surrounded by water tiles*

He wouldn't.

*Push barrel down, see sparkle but can't reach.*

Also, the secret hideout is a cunt and giving me Ocarina of Time "Vietnam" flashbacks.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

*See barrel on high spot, know there is a landing, surrounded by water tiles*

He wouldn't.

*Push barrel down, see sparkle but can't reach.*

Also, the secret hideout is a cunt and giving me Ocarina of Time "Vietnam" flashbacks.
secret hideout?

Thorn14

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Probably means the Claw Hideout, yeah the paths are a bit hard to navigate.

God forbid you lose a party member there. :D

So from what I'm reading, I'm approaching a route split? I got the card and the dagger.

Also does Capture work for anyone other than the Kunoichi?