What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Azurezero] Damsel Quest 3 (RE196208)

swpkmn

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Damsel Quest 3 (Released for 10usd on itch.io)

Another bug: Even if an enemy is afflicted with an ailment that should disable its ability to attack, it will still get to attack the turn it receives the ailment. Frozen slimes can still attack physically on the turn they are frozen, and the golems will still attack on the turn you break them.

Another bug: The library pervert mini-game is not actually rewarding any money for completing it successfully.

I also noticed you moved the location for the Claw base in the library. I found an interesting bug there: The case next to the red book that contains a Hi-Potion never runs out, so you can get as many Hi-Potions as you want from it.

Last edited:

guyver

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Liking the game so far, however I'm at the
part where you have to dodge all the traps and guards
and its putting me really, really close to not continuing. The guards randomly catch me 4+ steps away and you have to go all the way back to the start. Please consider putting in a save point at the checkpoint location as well. I'm here for H-game, not Dark Souls 4.

Edit: Just so this doesn't come off wrong, I really am enjoying the game so far other than this small part (which I managed to beat after about 25 minutes and no small bit of frustration).
you just have to NOT run... just walk man.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

like spark from the constructs in the cave.

i've got a wierd bug while under the library: if you get captured 2 times by the first moving traps, the screen would stay with ren getting fucked, but you could play.
also the music changes to the one on the rape scene and stays there.

That one's weird, cause the event does say to replay bgm and erase the picture before sending you to the continue room, and thats how it functions with me

another one just found, quest to save filia: if you go down on the levels, after the first 3 thugs encounter, the new map will not load(it's the same as the first time at the mine) and the passage will be closed.
changing location and going back to the mine, seems to fix it.
I caught that one myself and fixed already.
i'm going down the list of reports now.

I noticed that the slimegirl battle still has the issues it had in the demo. Her physical attacks barely ever cause clothing damage, hitting zero resistance does nothing, the player sprites appear in the background and the animations target them instead of the versions in the foreground (That one wasn't even an issue in the last public demo), and the loss scene is not there (The slimegirl says one line, then it cuts to a standard game over screen).

Also, the slimegirl quest said you get a "Rare Accessory" for completing the quest, but you don't get an accessory. I also noticed that none of the slimegirl's attacks have the ability to capture unclothed characters, which was supposed to be a thing with the slimes.
the picture does seem to be there.

im confused by the thing you said about the player sprites though...
this is what i get when fighting her.

but i have buffed her up a bit. doubled her attack and given her the slime capture attack the regular ones use.
and added winged boots as the accessory. they raise evasion.

Liking the game so far, however I'm at the
part where you have to dodge all the traps and guards
and its putting me really, really close to not continuing. The guards randomly catch me 4+ steps away and you have to go all the way back to the start. Please consider putting in a save point at the checkpoint location as well. I'm here for H-game, not Dark Souls 4.

Edit: Just so this doesn't come off wrong, I really am enjoying the game so far other than this small part (which I managed to beat after about 25 minutes and no small bit of frustration).
I totally forgot to mention that running makes noise that can attract the guards... because the mechanics of the first game are second nature to me, as is this stealth script... My bad.
the lack of save point there is i didnt want people to get into an unwinnable situation

infinite hi potions might be fun, but its more dissappointing to me that i never found something to put in the secret hole behind that cupboard
the affliction thing is just how rpgmaker works i'm afriad.

upping new version now

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

ahh the battle system script had a switch for sideview battlers or not...
ive never been that far down on the settings so i didnt know... reuploading now

swpkmn

Demon Girl
Reputation score

From what I'm seeing, in the loss scene, all of the sound and Screen events occur simultaneously upon passing the first line of text, and the other Text and Picture events are being skipped for some reason.

Also, now it seems that the Slimegirl only uses the capture skill, and nothing else. That's not terrible, but it might be good to at least bring back her Double Attack for a little variety. (Ice Breath never made much sense, with how the normal slimes react to ice)

Edit: The slimegirl quest says it pays 11,000 G but only pays 10,000 G. Was there a reason for that, or was there a typo?

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

From what I'm seeing, in the loss scene, all of the sound and Screen events occur simultaneously upon passing the first line of text, and the other Text and Picture events are being skipped for some reason.

Also, now it seems that the Slimegirl only uses the capture skill, and nothing else. That's not terrible, but it might be good to at least bring back her Double Attack for a little variety. (Ice Breath never made much sense, with how the normal slimes react to ice)

Edit: The slimegirl quest says it pays 11,000 G but only pays 10,000 G. Was there a reason for that, or was there a typo?
typo probably.

and her chance to use the capture skill should be really low. with a rating of 4 every 2 turns

swpkmn

Demon Girl
Reputation score

typo probably.

and her chance to use the capture skill should be really low. with a rating of 4 every 2 turns
I don't know why, but when I just fought her to try to lose, she used it every turn.

Also, I noticed mention of the second mine quest reverting to the layout of the first one. I noticed the southern staircase that goes up on the middle floor can cause that to happen in the current build.

One more thing: In the pocket dimension, if you inflict silence on any claw members in battle, and then all of your characters run out of Resistance with only claw members left in battle, you will be trapped in a never-ending battle, as the claw members won't deal HP damage when silenced, and the status you get from 0 Resistance in the pocket dimension never causes HP damage.

Last edited:

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score

keep saves

not all the events are common events either, so it would be pretty hard to make a gallery at this point. this is why i gave you 60 save slots.
60 Save slots you say? Thanks for the warning to not expect a gallery, and thanks for increasing the number of saves, because there were less in the demo, and I assumed I had the same number to work with.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

60 Save slots you say? Thanks for the warning to not expect a gallery, and thanks for increasing the number of saves, because there were less in the demo, and I assumed I had the same number to work with.
this project took a lot out of me, and i don't think i'll be making another rpg this size again... i bit off more than i could chew trying to differentiate myself from asagi by going for a world based rpg when i really think i wouldve done a lot better with the same single dungeon adventure it had.

I don't know why, but when I just fought her to try to lose, she used it every turn.

Also, I noticed mention of the second mine quest reverting to the layout of the first one. I noticed the southern staircase that goes up on the middle floor can cause that to happen in the current build.

One more thing: In the pocket dimension, if you inflict silence on any claw members in battle, and then all of your characters run out of Resistance with only claw members left in battle, you will be trapped in a never-ending battle, as the claw members won't deal HP damage when silenced, and the status you get from 0 Resistance in the pocket dimension never causes HP damage.
noted, fixed. trust me to miss one.
I've also added an event if all the girls are hypnotised that means you lose. simples

updated itch downloads and patron mega folder again v1.004

Last edited:

swpkmn

Demon Girl
Reputation score

this project took a lot out of me, and i don't think i'll be making another rpg this size again... i bit off more than i could chew trying to differentiate myself from asagi by going for a world based rpg when i really think i wouldve done a lot better with the same single dungeon adventure it had.

noted, fixed. trust me to miss one.
I've also added an event if all the girls are hypnotised that means you lose. simples

updated itch downloads and patron mega folder again v1.004
The slimegirl used more than the capture skill this time, but the loss scene still didn't work right. Based on the code screenshot, it seems like things are going wrong at the line that says "Show Picture". Does this scene play out correctly for anyone else?

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The slimegirl used more than the capture skill this time, but the loss scene still didn't work right. Based on the code screenshot, it seems like things are going wrong at the line that says "Show Picture". Does this scene play out correctly for anyone else?
it plays exactly as intended at my end. the move picture changes the showpicture from 0 opacity to full

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I got the trailer and promo images done for dlsite today so that's all been sent off, i reverted the change with the claw members and just gave them an attack if theyre silenced. it was triggering even when all the girls weren't hypnotised.

patrons have access to the folder with the update, and itch.io can just download the latest version.

climhazzard

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm stuck in the ruins. After flipping the blue and red switches in the side areas I go to the center and she just says "There's nothing here?". Can't figure out what to do after that.

Also I noticed mention of a slime girl that was even in the demo.... how can I encounter her?

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm stuck in the ruins. After flipping the blue and red switches in the side areas I go to the center and she just says "There's nothing here?". Can't figure out what to do after that.

Also I noticed mention of a slime girl that was even in the demo.... how can I encounter her?
you have to go to the ruin before the quest at the end of the demo or the villain gets the treasure.
the slimegirl is the same, her quest appears on the board after you do the slime cave quest, but before you do the library base mission

Neosuduno

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

In other words permanently miss-able. I really hate that.

swpkmn

Demon Girl
Reputation score

In other words permanently miss-able. I really hate that.
I ended up including a bonus ending because i'd already done too much hinting towards it so i soldiered on to get it done instead of removing the hints.

still... to unlock it you need to beat the other 3 endings first.

route guide
route one - complete the game normally, don't do elkia ruin

route 2 - complete the lewd maze and get the keystone to open the ruin in elkia forest, defeat the boss in that place to get a key item and carry on the game as normal.

route 3 - before fighting kai in the dimension, find the room with the 4 orbs puzzle and solve it for a key item which unlocks the 3rd route when you escape the dimension.

ending 4- a chest appears in the inn for each ending, once all 3 are assembled you can get the ending after the end of the demo quest (the attack on the cabal base under the library), you need to talk to the king twice then go to the place he mentions and talk to the oracle... then go to the restricted section of the library and a bookcase is highlighted to activate the end once you have all 3 items.
You will likely want to play through the game once without completing that area anyway in order to get all the endings, so it will all work out. (By the way, the quoted post doesn't say this, but ending route 3 also requires completing ending route 2's requirements, or else ending route 1 still happens.)

guyver

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

so... now where should i go?
i missed the event with the tablet and i'm searching for a base "in the south".

some hints would be appreciated :D

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

so... now where should i go?
i missed the event with the tablet and i'm searching for a base "in the south".

some hints would be appreciated :D
if you try to head back through the checkpoint you'll see something's changed
and if you head back into elkia forest there's a guy who runs away from you and into kiri's house

the end of that resulting quest is where the actual route split is for the final scenario's.
as for what swpkmn says, i thought it was obvious you needed to be on route 2 to get to route 3. cause missing the dagger means victoire can go ahead with her plan since she has it. i put it further forward in the game so the player still had a chance to sell it and go back to route 1 if they wanted.

climhazzard

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

and if you head back into elkia forest there's a guy who runs away from you and into kiri's house

the end of that resulting quest is where the actual route split is for the final scenario's.
as for what swpkmn says, i thought it was obvious you needed to be on route 2 to get to route 3. cause missing the dagger means victoire can go ahead with her plan since she has it. i put it further forward in the game so the player still had a chance to sell it and go back to route 1 if they wanted.
Ah this is what I missed. I saw that dude and headed straight for the ruins because they were the only place I hadn't explored earlier and then got stuck because there was nothing to get there by that point.

swpkmn

Demon Girl
Reputation score

if you try to head back through the checkpoint you'll see something's changed

The requirement does makes sense for the ending, but it's only obvious that it's required once you know what the 3 main endings are. The instructions alone don't make the requirements clear.