What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Sierra Lee] The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/15: 150+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 1/22]

The birds are a nice touch, is that a new thing you added in the engine or was it already a thing with the RPG maker?
RPG Maker doesn't have any default birds, but it didn't take anything crazy to include them. They're just a decent sprite of flying birds and some clever eventing. ^-^

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 2/19]

Version 0.16.1 is here, enjoy!

REMINDER: Patrons voted to do Ardford in two updates, the same way Stineford was done. See release notes for more info, I just wanted to put this up front since opinions vary on splitting content this way.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Great update as usual!! :D

Here's some of my thoughts, for the both 0.15 and 0.16 version.
Commentaries:

-Sorry Qum, but Nalili's easily tops you in terms of adorkableness (IMO). :p
-But, looks like Nalili already got a potential rival eh? Bright young things. ;)
-That new revelation about Sx is very clever! So i take it that Sx actually more of a crystal shards than golden coins?
-Antarion's pick-up lines are hilarious! :D My favourite come-back is from Qum!
-Please Sierra, make so that everytime Simon's harem increase so is Antarion's pick-up lines trying to hit the girls respectively. :p
-Now, i'm so wanna see him hitting a shy trap-ish man and things gone horribly right. ;)
-The matter with spider in the Ghivini's Basement were seriously got me off guard! :D I reminded at those horrible spiders back in Ardoheim and already prepared for the worse...
-I felt that if the Chosens parodies the arrogance of a main character, then Ginasta parodies the purity and innocence of a main character.
-I actually maxed Yarra affection first, not Qum!

Questions:
-in another spoilerbox because it is more spoilerish-
-Is it actually possible to make the War Motion succeed?
-I managed to find 7 Spots of Disturbance so far... is that all in the latest demo?
-Is it intentional that i can't walk pass the chairs in the church? And also the chairs in the Ardford restaurant?
-Is the purpose of eating at the restaurant (Where you pay 200Sx) is really just for a H-scene? I think it will be more appropriate if it also heals the party.
I'm sorry and i apologize if i sounds too bothersome.

All in all, i enjoy it very much!

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Glad you liked it!

Some answers:
1) Yes, Sx are crystals. They also come in many different concentrations with different values - so if the party is carrying 10,000 Sx, they're not carrying 10,000 different little crystals.
2) Don't worry, Antarion will try pick-up lines on everything female. XD
3) I'm glad someone finally found the spider in-joke funny! Yeah, I was definitely trying to play off expectations there.

4) No, the first vote cannot succeed - the first day of politics is basically a tutorial. Your actions during the discussions will have an impact, though, and you will be able to change the results of future votes.

5) There are only seven disturbances accessible so far, so good job.

6) Yes, I meant those chairs to be unwalkable.

7) You're automatically healed every time you return to the castle, so any way of paying for healing would be redundant. Wasn't sure how to explain that to the player, but that's the system.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Glad you liked it!

Some answers:
1) Yes, Sx are crystals. They also come in many different concentrations with different values - so if the party is carrying 10,000 Sx, they're not carrying 10,000 different little crystals.
2) Don't worry, Antarion will try pick-up lines on everything female. XD
3) I'm glad someone finally found the spider in-joke funny! Yeah, I was definitely trying to play off expectations there.

4) No, the first vote cannot succeed - the first day of politics is basically a tutorial. Your actions during the discussions will have an impact, though, and you will be able to change the results of future votes.

5) There are only seven disturbances accessible so far, so good job.

6) Yes, I meant those chairs to be unwalkable.

7) You're automatically healed every time you return to the castle, so any way of paying for healing would be redundant. Wasn't sure how to explain that to the player, but that's the system.

1. The first-world's problem of coins and the wonder of nominal value. :p

2. YESS. By the way though, i'm curious at the completed Antarion's line for Robin. A third-legged table!? What the!?

3. SPIDERSS.....

4. So, how big is the scale of the effect for the future voting then? Will it be the same like choosing a no-turn-back route? Or maybe something simple like unlocking new dungeon? Will it be missable? And, judging at how some voting are obvious to be better if Failed or Succeed, like how the Unmen Plan must not be Succeeded, can i say that this is like a psychological minigame that will require players to act/responds correctly to influence other voters?

5. Yay, i'm praised! :)

6. Aha, i see. I just can't help but wanna interact(disturb) all the praying citizens there. :eek:

7. Yeah, it just that, the first time i eat at that restaurant was shortly after the battle with the Demons from Spot of Disturbance, so my party needs a little healing. I just thought that eating there will replenish my party, without even checking the menu. Then i continue to the City Sx Defense Quest, there when the first battle commends i seriously surprised to see my party still in their last un-top condition. Luckily i still managed.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I imagine it's along the lines of him having an extra leg he can spare her.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I doubt it, that's a little too blunt and a little too unromantic for such man as sassy as Antorion is don'tcha think?

Plus, table with three leg IS a thing, they don't need more leg.

I personally thought it was more of that he wanna become the chair.

Neverynnal

Reputation score

You're a very talented writer Sierra. I can't wait for this to be completed! Keep up the amazing work :)

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

4. So, how big is the scale of the effect for the future voting then? Will it be the same like choosing a no-turn-back route? Or maybe something simple like unlocking new dungeon? Will it be missable? And, judging at how some voting are obvious to be better if Failed or Succeed, like how the Unmen Plan must not be Succeeded, can i say that this is like a psychological minigame that will require players to act/responds correctly to influence other voters?

7. Yeah, it just that, the first time i eat at that restaurant was shortly after the battle with the Demons from Spot of Disturbance, so my party needs a little healing. I just thought that eating there will replenish my party, without even checking the menu. Then i continue to the City Sx Defense Quest, there when the first battle commends i seriously surprised to see my party still in their last un-top condition. Luckily i still managed.
4) There will be a variety of consequences. All will have an impact on how the ambassadors view you. Some will change political situations, which will result in future scenarios playing out differently. Some will give boosts to invisible stats for countries or other things. Some will just unlock a little new content.

7) Well, I suppose it doesn't unbalance anything to make the event heal. I'll change it, just for you. =P

Haha, I hadn't considered that possibility, you could potentially twist that into a pickup line. But the truth is that once I decided Robin was going to interrupt him, I decided to go with an inexplicably WTF opening to the line.

You're a very talented writer Sierra. I can't wait for this to be completed! Keep up the amazing work :)
Thank you! I will keep doing my best!

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just to make sure, there's currently no method of converting Sx into Pron is there?

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Just to make sure, there's currently no method of converting Sx into Pron is there?
Generally speaking, Sx is meant to be spent on equipment/items without guilt - I don't want the game to force no purchases to get the best results. Having said that, there are ways to indirectly convert Sx into ProN. You can buy the bounty hunting shop via Sx, for example.

In case you meant ProN -> Sx: there are a few chances at the various banks. You can expect a few more as the game progresses, but consider Sx and ProN effectively two different currencies for gameplay balance purposes.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

there are ways to indirectly convert Sx into ProN. You can buy the bounty hunting shop via Sx, for example.
Bounty Hunting Shop!?

Where!?

Did you mean that one in the Aram in Megail's Route?

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Another thing I can't seem to figure out; When does the game check the corruption stat for the returns on the Yhilin bank investment? Could I for example do Aka's path first and have the actions taken there count towards it or will it be determined before then?

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I'm kinda late on this update.

Gotta agree with AGamerPassingBy, Antarion's pick up lines are priceless. Also the infested house was a nice throwback to that spider house lol.

And I think I laughed a bit too much on the restaurant scene. :p

Anyway, I haven't completed this version yet, will do that tomorrow, I still need to choose where to invest, so many places lol.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Another thing I can't seem to figure out; When does the game check the corruption stat for the returns on the Yhilin bank investment? Could I for example do Aka's path first and have the actions taken there count towards it or will it be determined before then?
I'm not sure what you mean by corruption stat here. But the order you do the routes will not impact any of your financial returns - all routes are happening simultaneously, so the only differences in order are game logic things like total Sx and equipment.

I'm kinda late on this update.

Gotta agree with AGamerPassingBy, Antarion's pick up lines are priceless. Also the infested house was a nice throwback to that spider house lol.

And I think I laughed a bit too much on the restaurant scene. :p

Anyway, I haven't completed this version yet, will do that tomorrow, I still need to choose where to invest, so many places lol.
Glad you liked it. ^-^

Lenn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

My only request is that, at some point, we acquire a broom.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My only request is that, at some point, we acquire a broom.
It was obviously the super duper secret reward for collecting all the Shining Sword! ;)

Last edited:

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I just wonder if there's any point to collecting other shining items (the other ones that have "shines" in their descriptor) since you seem to be able to buy any amount of shining armors from premium steel.