What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Sierra Lee] The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/15: 150+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 2/19]

Well the game describes them as (human) men and women who had their sexuality burned from them, I'll leave it to your imagination what that'd result in for the genital regions.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 2/19]

Well the game describes them as (human) men and women who had their sexuality burned from them, I'll leave it to your imagination what that'd result in for the genital regions.
Eldritch-Abominably Genital
*Gulp*

Last edited:

Wayne

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 8/29]

Moving caused a delay, apologies. I was pretty jetlagged for a while. -_-

Noooo, I wouldn't force alternating updates on you guys! TLS version 0.12.0 is coming out for patrons very soon, and NN 0.3.0 will be out after all pledges go through.

Both projects will keep getting regular updates. For Noxian Nights, Nomo and I will update every month with the chunk of the game we finished. The Last Sovereign will continue to update like it always has: whenever I complete a new section. You can see in the version history I generally finish one about one a month, but I'm only human, sometimes life slows me down. If I can do this full time, though, I believe I can keep both projects updating.
Ever Thort Of asking NoMoshing About doing for You what he Das for Overwhored ie Overwhored Has a Blog And a link to download updates it would be a good idear ie Public release On NoMoshing site And Keep Patron Releases exsclusively patreon if you get what i mean pps keep up the good work

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 8/29]

Ever Thort Of asking NoMoshing About doing for You what he Das for Overwhored ie Overwhored Has a Blog And a link to download updates it would be a good idear ie Public release On NoMoshing site And Keep Patron Releases exsclusively patreon if you get what i mean pps keep up the good work
NoMoshing actually did host TLS for many updates - if you go back far enough on the blog, you'll see the links. But with changes in hosting and the field in general, he has decided not to host other games any longer. I'm grateful for the support he offered, but right now it's just Mega for me.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/27]

Version 0.17.3 is here, enjoy!

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The whole politics was a bit frustrating due to long intermissions between the event (meaning trying out all the options and seeing the results was a bit of a chore) and good grief did I regret not stocking up on duelist pins for the optional area (can you even succeed in the voting?)

Should also be interesting to see the differences between going against the unmen or the orc extermination since it seems you can't achieve both.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

The whole politics was a bit frustrating due to long intermissions between the event (meaning trying out all the options and seeing the results was a bit of a chore) and good grief did I regret not stocking up on duelist pins for the optional area (can you even succeed in the voting?)

Should also be interesting to see the differences between going against the unmen or the orc extermination since it seems you can't achieve both.
I did think about the structure of this update very carefully, but in the end I felt like doing the entire summit in one long haul would be too much for many players, so I broke things up with the dungeons. I did expect people to try out individual summit days more than once, hence why the politics and the actual voting are close together, but I wasn't expecting too many to take multiple shots at the summit-wide politics. Glad you were invested enough to do that much even if it was frustrating, I guess. XD

fakinhap3

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So... I have problems to get Aka's cure. I followed a walkthrough before, but the game crashed and I didn't save, so I got mad and didn't play since 1.15.2 patch. Now, still on my 1.15.2 folder, I followed another walkthrough and everything was right, except I didn't get the office orgy - because for some reason, my days skipped faster than the walkthrough's - AND Simon's route ended on day 104, not day 105, as the walkthrough said it would end, so I couldn't gain acess to the magic sealed room.
How am I supposed to get Aka's cure? Load from the start of Simon's route on an older patch? A newer? I don't want to advance the story without Aka's cure, but it's frustrating, since I'm doing exactly what I'm told to do and failing.

And no, I do not want a save with Aka's cure.

Obs:
¹ I loaded my day 103 save on 1.17.3 patch, and Simon's route ended on day 104 anyways.
² I followed this walkthrough: thelastsovereign.wikia.com/wiki/Walkthrough_2_-_Simon's_Path

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I did think about the structure of this update very carefully, but in the end I felt like doing the entire summit in one long haul would be too much for many players, so I broke things up with the dungeons. I did expect people to try out individual summit days more than once, hence why the politics and the actual voting are close together, but I wasn't expecting too many to take multiple shots at the summit-wide politics. Glad you were invested enough to do that much even if it was frustrating, I guess. XD
At this point with the multitude of options available across long stretches of gameplay I'm hoping the finished product will have some form of NG+ or an option that trivializes combat. While I do enjoy the challenge combat offers the first time through, it often provides a barrier when trying out alternate paths (for example if I'd want to go back and see the reactions to dominated characters or change investments so I can buy the ruined kingdom and see what happens, I'd need to go back several hours)

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

So... I have problems to get Aka's cure. I followed a walkthrough before, but the game crashed and I didn't save, so I got mad and didn't play since 1.15.2 patch. Now, still on my 1.15.2 folder, I followed another walkthrough and everything was right, except I didn't get the office orgy - because for some reason, my days skipped faster than the walkthrough's - AND Simon's route ended on day 104, not day 105, as the walkthrough said it would end, so I couldn't gain acess to the magic sealed room.
How am I supposed to get Aka's cure? Load from the start of Simon's route on an older patch? A newer? I don't want to advance the story without Aka's cure, but it's frustrating, since I'm doing exactly what I'm told to do and failing.

And no, I do not want a save with Aka's cure.

Obs:
¹ I loaded my day 103 save on 1.17.3 patch, and Simon's route ended on day 104 anyways.
² I followed this walkthrough: thelastsovereign.wikia.com/wiki/Walkthrough_2_-_Simon's_Path
Simon's path is extremely variable: the total number of days and how long different events take will depend on many choices prior to that point. Sections like this are not really well-served by walkthroughs that say "Do X, Y, and Z" because few people's games will be exactly the same.

What you could probably use more is a guide that explained what activities are available and let you choose between them. Hopefully that exists somewhere, but I'll start you off. If getting Aka's cure is your highest priority, then you want to focus on raising the Empress's mood score. So be honest but not blunt in her conversations, be sure to do the Chaya quest line (and be kind to her), etc.

At this point with the multitude of options available across long stretches of gameplay I'm hoping the finished product will have some form of NG+ or an option that trivializes combat. While I do enjoy the challenge combat offers the first time through, it often provides a barrier when trying out alternate paths (for example if I'd want to go back and see the reactions to dominated characters or change investments so I can buy the ruined kingdom and see what happens, I'd need to go back several hours)
I've been thinking about TLS as a marathon, the type of game most people play once and consider a satisfying experience. But you're right that I should be as accommodating as possible to those who want to replay, too. That's why I added the text skip, and NG+ is worth considering as well.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The public release prompted me to finally pick up my backer version of the update and play it.
the previous half-update didn't feel complete enough, with unfinishable quests and the like. It might have made it easier to release that way, but the first half-update alone wasn't really worth playing, IMO. So I went and played the whole section over again. From the halfway-house onwards.

It kinda feels like the vote was fixed from the start. The first one (the war) seems set in stone no matter what you vote, but i failed to block the unmen and to open the vault, nobody seemed willing to be convinced. (expect the merchants, who had me do a side-mission then still failed)

Maybe picking the "no promises" option whoever someone asked me for my vote is what caused that. Although... I did have a whole bunch of people warning me not to waste time on the vault becuase it would fail, so... maybe it just isn't possible.

Ah well. That and the intermission got me really interested. Can't wait for the Doomed King plan.

Oh, Bugnote: the princess (?) in the royal library keeps her third-day pre-vote dialogue even after the vote. So you can still ask her what she thinks the vote outcome is going to be, even after the vote has taken place.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The main thing I found you could influence was picking either having extra unmen produced or having the orcs exterminated.

Since I've taken to Simon as being a bit of an idealist I stopped the unmen vote and doing so failed the orc vote.

It also seems failing the unmen vote and making the right deals allows you to earn some extra pr0n from the merchant guy, but you'd need to have bribed him earlier and promise everyone to pass the unmen vote (and doing so) but I believe you also need to then use that to ensure the orc extermination doesn't happen.

As for the vaults, it seems it's just a bunch of extra experience and challenging fights (particularly if, like me, you lack duelist pins)

One last note would be that it seems the ambassador will not go along with you voting against the orc extermination if you didn't do enough to help the poor in Aka's route, since he makes specific mention of this fact when you bring up the orcs.

I've been thinking about TLS as a marathon, the type of game most people play once and consider a satisfying experience. But you're right that I should be as accommodating as possible to those who want to replay, too. That's why I added the text skip, and NG+ is worth considering as well.
Fair enough, though there's quite a lot of choices that warrant multiple playthroughs and you will generally run into quite a few "missed opportunities" your first time through that you might regret or want to re-do, and I must say that's a very appealing format.

One last thing is that it wasn't quite clear why Trin couldn't use her abilities during the Summit, taking over the more reclusive ambassadors like the merchant or dwarren ones for example, maybe a line as to why that wouldn't be possible (seems that people like the merchant or foreigner ambassador wouldn't really be missed much and you have several chances to take them) unless of course I missed or forgot any mention as to why it's not possible.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

One last thing is that it wasn't quite clear why Trin couldn't use her abilities during the Summit, taking over the more reclusive ambassadors like the merchant or dwarren ones for example, maybe a line as to why that wouldn't be possible (seems that people like the merchant or foreigner ambassador wouldn't really be missed much and you have several chances to take them) unless of course I missed or forgot any mention as to why it's not possible.
Umm, do you know what ambassador really means...?

Well... these very ambassador are expected to share the news to their respective union later, and the cloning doesn't actually erases the original memories of it, so even if you turn them back after the Summit, there are chance the cloned will remember and this can incite a very serious damage in the their relationship with Simon's unions. Heck man, doing so could incite an international war, it's too risky and something Simon won't even think of doing.

Trin's clone in automatic mode can only do a fixed scheduled order and the original's daily activities, that's why she has no problem cloning soldiers who patrols, office-staffs who does scheduled paperworks in their office. But an ambassador have a unfixed schedule and the risk of being found out are greater. I remember Trin can't directly control her clone if they are very far away.

Last edited:

sj99999

Reputation score

The public release prompted me to finally pick up my backer version of the update and play it.
the previous half-update didn't feel complete enough, with unfinishable quests and the like. It might have made it easier to release that way, but the first half-update alone wasn't really worth playing, IMO. So I went and played the whole section over again. From the halfway-house onwards.

It kinda feels like the vote was fixed from the start. The first one (the war) seems set in stone no matter what you vote, but i failed to block the unmen and to open the vault, nobody seemed willing to be convinced. (expect the merchants, who had me do a side-mission then still failed)

Maybe picking the "no promises" option whoever someone asked me for my vote is what caused that. Although... I did have a whole bunch of people warning me not to waste time on the vault becuase it would fail, so... maybe it just isn't possible.

Ah well. That and the intermission got me really interested. Can't wait for the Doomed King plan.

Oh, Bugnote: the princess (?) in the royal library keeps her third-day pre-vote dialogue even after the vote. So you can still ask her what she thinks the vote outcome is going to be, even after the vote has taken place.
Blocking the Unmen petition and opening the vault are both possible, though you do have to pull more strings for the latter.

The wiki has a handy guide for figuring out how all the ambassadors are going to vote, and how to change their votes (if possible.) I found that promising Darghelon I'd vote yes on the Unmen measure (and following through with that pledge) was well worth it for their support on Day 3, even if that meant I had to bribe the merchant ambassador to ensure the Unpeople measure ultimately failed.

Also, did you invest in the dwarven embassy during Megail's route? Looking back, 100k ProN seems like a good deal to me for one vote a day.

Lastly, there is indeed no way to change the war vote. There's a post by Sierra in a forum somewhere explaining the logic behind this; though I can't recall exactly what she said, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the post-vote plot being massively altered if there was an option where there was a war; you'd basically be writing two games' worth of plot.

Hmm... Now there's an idea for a new Patreon fundraising goal! ;)

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Umm, do you know what ambassador really means...?
Yes, I'm well aware thank you.

None of what you posted would stop Trin from disposing of the ambassador after the summit, have them be found dead in some brothel from substance abuse or any some such, or have them die in an "accident" of some sorts, seeing how Trin would have no trouble setting that up.

Keep in mind we have several mages very adept at hiding our tracks as well as being a largely unknown group so it'd be difficult to trace anything back to us.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yes, I'm well aware thank you.

None of what you posted would stop Trin from disposing of the ambassador after the summit, have them be found dead in some brothel from substance abuse or any some such, or have them die in an "accident" of some sorts, seeing how Trin would have no trouble setting that up.

Keep in mind we have several mages very adept at hiding our tracks as well as being a largely unknown group so it'd be difficult to trace anything back to us.
Okay, my post earlier do didn't have enough power in them... my bad.

So, as to why what you want isn't possible.

What's stopping people from doing a crime even when the success chance are very high?
Self-control and moral, something Simon definitely has.

And Trin's is bound by contract to Simon, remember?
She's not allowed to go willy-nilly using her abilities without Simon's consent, and i personally believe Simon would never give her the permission in this case.
Why wouldn't he? Please don't tell me you didn't think this whole scheme you mentioned is a violation of morals and laws.

Last edited:

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Considering his actions at the start of the game I suspect he has no qualms getting rid of corrupting influences, and Trin has been put to use by him before with all the implications that has, not to mention the stakes here are rather high and Simon showing before he's more than willing to make hard decisions.

End of the day, I'm merely curious as to why the option wasn't available, as the circumstances seem to be favorable at times.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Considering his actions at the start of the game I suspect he has no qualms getting rid of corrupting influences, and Trin has been put to use by him before with all the implications that has, not to mention the stakes here are rather high and Simon showing before he's more than willing to make hard decisions.

End of the day, I'm merely curious as to why the option wasn't available, as the circumstances seem to be favorable at times.
If you're referring to the fact when the alliance motion that will obviously obstruct the Doomed King Plan is very likely to pass but Simon just let it happen...
Maybe he thought coming with new counter-measure plans is easier than doing the clone scheme?
Or... it was just a part of the gameplay as to give the player consequences when they're failed to convinces the other ambassador within legal ways in the first place?

Joke answer:
Trin has already reached the maximum numbers of clones she can conjure. :rolleyes:
Well, in my playthrough at least. :D

True end of the day, maybe it would be better if there are mentions in-game as to why such method isn't even come across in the first place, huh?
You know, for example Trin comments with "Let's clone them so we can control the vote!" and the gang brush it off.

Last edited:

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

For clarity, let me just summarize my current understanding of the situation and Simon's stake in the summit.

Simon basically goes there to represent his own interests, though under the guise of being an Yhilin adviser, his main goals are to ensure his plans succeed.

The war is kind of a wash and there's no way to influence it either way, nor is there a really strong argument either way, it's a gamble to go and a gamble to wait. I personally voted for the war for the completely silly reason of Trin wanting one and me having no real stakes otherwise.

The next is the unperson vote, which to me seemed like the biggest deal of them all, Simon expressed earlier that while effective the costs are rather severe, and what we learn about the process itself (and the reactions of our companions, as well as the corruption involved) it just seems like a really bad idea to have more unpeople, and I imagine Simon is well familiar with the kind of people that get pulled into this kind of mess (considering where you start the game, and my own dealings with the poor in Yhilim) Neither the church or Ardford seem at all trustworthy with this kind of power as neither of them seem to be in firm control of their facilities. I personally blocked the unperson vote because I felt Simon wouldn't make this sacrifice for largely personal gain (the vaults) or a relatively questionable risk of getting more orcs (who prey on the poor and while a potential addition to our armies we kind of have Balhia to manage that aspect)

My thoughts on using Trin then mostly boil down to the alliance vote, which I felt we were a bit too casual about considering the implications for the doomed king plan. While I'd agree that taking over ambassadors would pose a potential risk (but then again so does hiding a shard-bearer) but failing to ensure certain conditions would mean outright failure. The merchant guy is obviously a decent target for it, more interested in personal gain than politics, he'd be hard pressed to do anything even if we just knock him out and release him later, nothing he can prove and little he could gain after the fact.

The foreigner vote similarly seems like something to potentially use Trin for, as the guy is constantly secluded away and we really don't care about the interests they represent, if he falls off a ladder sometime near the end of the summit no one would be the wiser, and the stakes are too high not to (potentially having people turned into unpeople against their will, having the poor be exploited etc. is too great a risk for what I imagine Simon to be)

The dwarren is more morally questionable, considering the state of his people and our own connections with them, and their vote can be swayed by funding the embassy in Meghail's route. However him being constantly secluded seems to be like he'd be an option if Simon is ever really desperate to get things done (which doesn't really happen during the summit, but I'd welcome having them consider using Trin in case it gets to that)

You know, for example Trin comments with "Let's clone them so we can control the vote!" and the gang brush it off.
I'm pretty sure actually that they do mention this before the Summit, that the risk is too great or some such, so what I was asking for was more of a confirmation of this fact, since the risks didn't seem all that great at the actual summit.

It's a very minor thing honestly and we've talked quite a bit about it now which seems to blow it out of proportion a bit >_>

Last edited: