What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Sierra Lee] The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/15: 150+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 2/19]

I just wonder if there's any point to collecting other shining items (the other ones that have "shines" in their descriptor) since you seem to be able to buy any amount of shining armors from premium steel.
I'm pretty sure the ones that meant to be collectibles are only the 'Shining Sword'.

The other Shining Items could just as well be Treasures and Money-Makers.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Shining items, even the ones you can purchase at premium steel, cannot be sold though.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Shining items, even the ones you can purchase at premium steel, cannot be sold though.
That makes me remember how back in the past, at earlier version of the game, you can actually sells Shining Swords for quick cash. :D

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

My only request is that, at some point, we acquire a broom.
I refuse to divulge any details about this incredibly important plot point. XD

I just wonder if there's any point to collecting other shining items (the other ones that have "shines" in their descriptor) since you seem to be able to buy any amount of shining armors from premium steel.
They'll have a use later, but while the Shining Swords are unique, other shining equipment should just be considered worth its purchase value.

thisandthat

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Are there any pictures for sex scenes or just text?

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Getting artwork for all scenes is still my intention. However, it's difficult to find artists who would be a good match for the project. There are plenty of talented artists out there, but they tend to be involved in their own projects and/or be well above my price range. None of the artists I've contacted seem to have the staying power required for this kind of project.

(Except Nomo, of course, but he has ambitions of his own outside TLS, hence our joint work at Hreinn Games.)

So while I still hope to have the game illustrated eventually, I won't say anything more than that because I try not to make promises I can't keep.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Getting artwork for all scenes is still my intention. However, it's difficult to find artists who would be a good match for the project. There are plenty of talented artists out there, but they tend to be involved in their own projects and/or be well above my price range. None of the artists I've contacted seem to have the staying power required for this kind of project.

(Except Nomo, of course, but he has ambitions of his own outside TLS, hence our joint work at Hreinn Games.)

So while I still hope to have the game illustrated eventually, I won't say anything more than that because I try not to make promises I can't keep.
Speaking of artists, where do you get the character portraits from? Lots of games use prepacked RPGmaker portraits, your unique ones are part of this game's charm.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Speaking of artists, where do you get the character portraits from? Lots of games use prepacked RPGmaker portraits, your unique ones are part of this game's charm.
I get them from a wide variety of places, as there are a ton of RPG Maker sites out there, especially if you start browsing the Japanese side of things. I try to find characters with most of the pieces (bust, emotions, sprite), then make or commission what isn't there. Glad you appreciate it, I try to maintain consistency as much as I can.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I get them from a wide variety of places, as there are a ton of RPG Maker sites out there, especially if you start browsing the Japanese side of things. I try to find characters with most of the pieces (bust, emotions, sprite), then make or commission what isn't there. Glad you appreciate it, I try to maintain consistency as much as I can.
That makes me think of a question, does this mean when you finally got an artist to work for the art in this game, will you also update the mugshot faces portrait of each char so it has consistent style with the CG art?

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

That makes me think of a question, does this mean when you finally got an artist to work for the art in this game, will you also update the mugshot faces portrait of each char so it has consistent style with the CG art?
Considering that all the main characters and most of the NPCs are in a similar style, I wouldn't take on an artist unless they were capable of making scenes within a stone's throw of that style. A consistent aesthetic is important to me.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Considering that all the main characters and most of the NPCs are in a similar style, I wouldn't take on an artist unless they were capable of making scenes within a stone's throw of that style. A consistent aesthetic is important to me.
Ah, so the vice-versa of my question is more likely to happen.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Version 0.17.0 is out for backers! Meanwhile, here is a preview of some of this month's content:

Ardford isn't all grim politics. You'll get to explore some new areas in the region:

Of course, you'll find that the plot covers old areas as well, which may have changed:

And finally, this:

PeanutGallery

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Given the sunken red eyes and blue flesh, I'd actually suspect "zombie or other monster" over "secretly a dude."

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Given the sunken red eyes and blue flesh, I'd actually suspect "zombie or other monster" over "secretly a dude."
Though that was a valid point i was never talking about if s/he secretly a trap, but think about the last sentence.
A dangling sausage with meatballs revelation alone never enough to make anyone vomit. But it's a different story if s/he never necessarily had human-like anatomy especially in the nether region in the first place.

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Is that a fanart of Yarra by Nomo on your Patreon banner? :O

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Though that was a valid point i was never talking about if s/he secretly a trap, but think about the last sentence.
A dangling sausage with meatballs revelation alone never enough to make anyone vomit. But it's a different story if s/he never necessarily had human-like anatomy especially in the nether region in the first place.
Well, you'll find out soon. But for now, let me just say that this is an instance of something that's already been introduced, not a new concept.

Is that a fanart of Yarra by Nomo on your Patreon banner? :O
It is indeed. =D He made it for fun a while back, so when the new Patreon format killed my old image, he kindly made it into a banner. ^-^

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's obvious she's an unwoman, considering previous reactions to their kind and the description of their mutilation. I also suspect this is the person you're sent to help out on behalf of Vhala.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's obvious she's an unwoman, considering previous reactions to their kind and the description of their mutilation. I also suspect this is the person you're sent to help out on behalf of Vhala.
Aw man, why must you let the dogs out of the bag? :p

Well, in all honesty i know Unmen were supposed to be an Anti-Sex Artificial Race (Are they Asexual as well?) and maybe gives off Boner-Killer aura.