What's new

[TOOL] RPG Maker AUTO translator

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [TOOL] RPG Maker AUTO translator

Well, this just made partial making useless. xD

Oh well...it was a good time nonetheless .

Kuba12144

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well, this just made partial making useless. xD

Oh well...it was a good time nonetheless .
I doubt this will kill the need for partials. It's still a machine translation. Like i bet if i tried to use it with something like ROBFEOY it would explode or something :D.

Exsalent

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

There's simply a ton of games that this automatic machine translator simply will not work with in its current form. If anything I'd say that's the majority of games. Don't get me wrong I'm as excited by the potential of this as the next guy. But yeah, the author has a long way to go before this tool has anything like a wide range of practical applications.

That said in the spirit of sharing, I did find a game this machine translator works incredibly well with. However I still wasn't completely satisfied with the results. Although with the update it might be worth running again. Anyway if someone else wants to give it a go. I suggest running RJ139825 through this translator, I was able to translate pretty much the entirety of the story using this tool. However I was having issues with common events.

Which makes up a small proportion of the games overall text. Maybe with the update I'll be able to finish it in a meaningful manner. However it's like an 8 hour translation project, I'll rerun it tonight on my main computer if the new update isn't bug ridden.
This seems to be case with this program there is lot of rpg maker games that this wont translate at all and even those that this does translate are machine translated so grammar in game is prety broken.

Still i guess that this is beter than nothing, since you can get somewhat of translation of some games that otherwise would be only in japan.

I hope that in future this program and be uset to machine translate all rpg maker and mv games.

otb

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I ran the ruby script manually on a game, but get this error:
Code:
Non-standard data file found [dwm002.rvdata2]. Potentially TES script. Cannot translate without integrating TES_Patcher link:
Anyone know where to put the patcher once downloaded?
I tried the main program folder, 3rd party folder, and both of its subfolders.

UrusaiSenpai

Sex Demon
Reputation score

It is normal that it translates really slow?
But doesnt matter after an hour it just crashes on me.

i dont know why.

Skorpionss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You shouldn't have to replace the auto_translate anymore.

By latest version do you mean the one from today?
By latest version I mean the one on github... and I still got the error.

Also if I don't modify the auto_translate file it just translates like 200 lines and then stops, asking me if I want to open the game folder :-/

Just got a new pc today and tried this again and I still get the same error as before, about halfway through... it's odd because the error itself is not responding so I can't read what it says... I do have .net framework 3.5 installed (it installed automatically the first time I started the translator)...

Anyway if someone managed to translate Fantastic Days 1.23 with it could you please upload the data folder somewhere please? :D

Last edited:

Daedolon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

There is a huge problem with the translations. Each time there is a straight japanese dash in the text, the translator splits the words instead of ignoring the dash which is only there to show the tone as far as I understood.

Example :

ニューゲームモードをご用意してあります。
RPGMAker Auto Translator (bad) : NewーAgeーーWe have prepared。
Google translate (good) : New game mode is available.

Is there any way to solve this ?

Edit : Strangely, when I translate directly on transltr.org website, it's the same translation as Google.
Somehow, it seems to bug with the RPGMaker Translator. Am I missing a setting ?

Last edited:

Selius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

if anybody has tried this on harem fantasy

do you know how to fix the issue where it makes job changing crash the game?

:had to replace the actors and classes.rvdata2 files back to fix it

this is nice stuff, but it breaks a lot of shit in harem fantasy it seems. i can't figure out if it's possible to keep the program from screwing skills over. you can set skills for free, but you don't learn most of them.

Last edited:

Rep

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I don't want to create a new thread, so I just leave it here.

A simple tool for RPG Maker MV files that replaces some common words (mostly interface) and events with translated. If there's ever will be added some database for spells, weapons, states, skills, items and other things, then anybody could make decent partial translation for themselves without worrying too much about differences in the game versions.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Good concept but my god it takes a while to complete.
What's the bottleneck - the external web service?

Also whats the best practice for running this on a game you've already applied a partial to (if it works?)?
I usually keep the data file in the directory, but I change the filename to .old - that's not going to interfere with it is it?

Edit: By the way, is there a way to abort and then continue the translation later on?

Last edited:

Daedolon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

have you changed or tryed to change the "Honorary Japanese Characters" option in the translator ?
by default he is on "ー,"
No, I didn't know about this option. I'll try to change it. Thanks !

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Edit: By the way, is there a way to abort and then continue the translation later on?
yeah there a way, not from exactly where you where, but at last at the last file translated ^^

start a translation, when you abord it and want to start it back to where you where, make that :

- go into the output folder

- go look in the "DataExtracted" folder, what is the last file translated (the last .json) (ex : Map025.json)

- go into the "JsonExtracted", move out from that directory all .json that already finished (ex : from Actors.json to... Map025.rxdata.json) (move them out ! not a copy :p)

- launch again the tool, modify the option :
  • Check OFF : "Delete Existing Output Directory Before Starting
  • Check ON : Skip Extract From Main Data File
  • Check ON : Skip JSON Dump From Data Files
  • Check OFF : Skip Translate From JSON Files

- launch the translation (Ex : in the example here he will start back the tranlation from Map026)

--------------------

- this method can be used when the translation process crash for a reason or another :p (that happen a lot XD)

- you can use this method to tranlate a part of the file with some option ON (like "Translate Lines with variable or Script) and the other part with it OFF =)) etc...

Last edited:

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Is it possible to open up two instances of this program, and have it translate 2 or more games at once?

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Sorry for the double post, but

There is a huge problem with the translations. Each time there is a straight japanese dash in the text, the translator splits the words instead of ignoring the dash which is only there to show the tone as far as I understood.

Example :

ニューゲームモードをご用意してあります。
RPGMAker Auto Translator (bad) : NewーAgeーーWe have prepared。
Google translate (good) : New game mode is available.

Is there any way to solve this ?

Edit : Strangely, when I translate directly on transltr.org website, it's the same translation as Google.
Somehow, it seems to bug with the RPGMaker Translator. Am I missing a setting ?
I'm also getting this error, even with the "Honorary Japanese Characters" field empty. I'm also getting script errors when I haven't translated scripts, trying to fix that bit myself before I go asking for help.

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

A completely newbie question, that I apologize for having to ask: How do I integrate the translated JSON files into the game? The translator managed to extract, process, and translate the files from the game just fine, but the translations aren't appearing in-game.

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

A completely newbie question, that I apologize for having to ask: How do I integrate the translated JSON files into the game? The translator managed to extract, process, and translate the files from the game just fine, but the translations aren't appearing in-game.
It duplicates the gme you're translating and puts it, along with the translation, into the output folder you designated. Sometimes it renames the Game.rggss-whatever file but sometimes you need to rename/delete it.

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Also, what does the "translate single lines" option mean?

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It duplicates the gme you're translating and puts it, along with the translation, into the output folder you designated. Sometimes it renames the Game.rggss-whatever file but sometimes you need to rename/delete it.
I know that it duplicates the game - but sometimes, after opening the translated game, all of the lines are still in Japanese, despite the inclusion of the DataExtracted and JsonExtracted. Does anybody know why the translations aren't loading?