What's new

[TOOL] RPG Maker AUTO translator

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: RPG Maker AUTO translator

Also, the program was updated very recently, maybe that has something to do with it?

Here's the older version. (ulmf's file upload crashes for me midway for some reason)

filedropperDOTcom/rpg-maker-translator-master

mmm, i will test this one =)

i found that was my problem, for a unknow reason, the GUI of the version i got from github modifie the original control data

when i overwrite manulay the control data by the original data and launch the final step of the translation in command line, that ok

Last edited:

DarkSlayer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I first get the Ruby and install it, then start the translator rpg. After segui them steps on the directions and just when began to translate me jump that error

OP
T

testuser1020

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I mean when you were first installing it, did you check all the boxes in this prompt?
imgurDOTcom/vOn0YU8 (I can't post urls anymore for some strange reason, lol)

DarkSlayer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I mean when you were first installing it, did you check all the boxes in this prompt?
imgurDOTcom/vOn0YU8 (I can't post urls anymore for some strange reason, lol)
Do not select those check boxes, would had that do it?

OP
T

testuser1020

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [TOOL] RPG Maker AUTO translator

yeah, probably. The middle box is important.

DarkSlayer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thank you already solved now throw me this error before already mentioned:

"Output directory not found, operation unsucessfull
incomplete"

If you wanted to know how to fix it you appreciate that we were talking about it.

OP
T

testuser1020

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thank you already solved now throw me this error before already mentioned:

"Output directory not found, operation unsucessfull
incomplete"

If you wanted to know how to fix it you appreciate that we were talking about it.
Did you select a folder for the output in the settings? There also shouldn't be any Japanese characters in the ouput dir's path. If that still doesn't work, I've uploaded an older version of the program in the OP.

DarkSlayer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Did you select a folder for the output in the settings? There also shouldn't be any Japanese characters in the ouput dir's path. If that still doesn't work, I've uploaded an older version of the program in the OP.
If already add my folder of output, and co the path of the game.

OP
T

testuser1020

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Try downloading and using the older version of the translator and see if that fixes it. *program has been updated on github, old no longer needed*
-edit-
I tried the updated version and got the same bug, the older version doesn't have this bug.

Last edited:

Hiei

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Try downloading and using the older version of the translator and see if that fixes it. filedropper.com/rpg-maker-translator-master

-edit-
I tried the updated version and got the same bug, the older version doesn't have this bug.
The older version doesn't have the folder path finding bug. However it doesn't bother to translated anything, it just creates a copy of the game completely untranslated.

In other words the older version if more unless than the current one. At least in my experience, because even though the current one fails at least some thing translate.

Have you uploaded your exact working version, if you haven't could you pop it on mega. As the two currently on offer both seem to have critical bugs. Thanks in advance.

To give more detail, the older version "completes" the translation in 12 seconds flat from start to finish, without actually translating anything.

OP
T

testuser1020

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The older version doesn't have the folder path finding bug. However it doesn't bother to translated anything, it just creates a copy of the game completely untranslated.

In other words the older version if more unless than the current one. At least in my experience, because even though the current one fails at least some thing translate.

Have you uploaded your exact working version, if you haven't could you pop it on mega. As the two currently on offer both seem to have critical bugs. Thanks in advance.

To give more detail, the older version "completes" the translation in 12 seconds flat from start to finish, without actually translating anything.
It sounds like you're stuck on "cache loading"? If you want to fix it manually, the solution is in the OP.
I've included the fix in the new download link if you would prefer to do that
filedropper.com/rpg-maker-translator-master_1

Exsalent

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

First thing to know is that "translating" takes loongtime, like several hours.
I tried to translate Harem Fantasy (RJ178610) and it did create new folder but still game is untranslated.

OP
T

testuser1020

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Do you see the strings getting translated in the UI? If not, solution is in op.

Hiei

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yep this tool still has a fuck ton of issues sadly, amazing stuff an I hope it gets better. But as for actually translating a whole game...

Even with all the issues fixed (an thanks OP), it still seems to most of the time miss translating the important part of the game. The story....

I have tried multiple games as I'm aware not all games have the same method of story text injection. However the result often seem the same.

That said I have noticed the ability to translate choices in the game. Which would make it a useful tool used alongside traditional translators.

That said if this actually ever does manage to reliably translate the story. It should be a pretty game changing tool going forward.

Exsalent

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Do you see the strings getting translated in the UI? If not, solution is in op.
Yes it said transkating and took forever and it did show files being translated.
In folder where it did out put "translation" does have new files that original game dosen't have, but game it self it still in japan.

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I have tried multiple games as I'm aware not all games have the same method of story text injection. However the result often seem the same.
in fact it seem that the tool ignore all array of text that containt a variable or scripted protagoniste/pnj name

"\\N[1]",
"\\name[\\N[1]]\\c[5]",
etc...

so all game where the names is like that, all the text with it is not translated, just skipped

i find some game where he is not able to even make a partial too =)

that will need a lot of improvment to be realy usable ^^, but that a good start

OP
T

testuser1020

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I wonder if transltr is being overused?

Does anyone know how chiitrans/translator aggregator were able to integrate ATLAS?

Hiei

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I wonder if transltr is being overused?

Does anyone know how chiitrans/translator aggregator were able to integrate ATLAS?
Nothing to do with that, I don't think. It's the translator literally can not target a lot of in-game text, as translating it randomly could cause game stability issues.

I'm sure as the tool develops the community will get a better grasp on what can & can't be translated. As of this moment however very few h-games are compatible with his translation tool.

An even those that are, still have sweeps of issues.

OP
T

testuser1020

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

No I mean so we can have offline/faster use. I'm also more comfortable with ATLAS's translation over most of the other translators.

Which game are you trying to translate, btw?
This is the one I used on the program

For me, the text after battle screens remains japanese as do the characters names in the menus, but most of everything else has been machine translated.

What's not showing up for you in yours?

Hiei

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

No I mean so we can have offline/faster use. I'm also more comfortable with ATLAS's translation over most of the other translators.

Which game are you trying to translate, btw?
This is the one I used on the program

For me, the text after battle screens remains japanese as do the characters names in the menus, but most of everything else has been machine translated.

What's not showing up for you in yours?
A lot of games don't seem to have Ruby used for the main bulk of the story text injection. An this translator can't deal with them, I think I found a good candidate for translation that I'm working on right now.

But it's a really text heavy game, I don't really want to point to my successes/failures until I have something of substance. So I know it isn't entirely down to a problem on my end.

Needed to snip the url there.