What's new

Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

Well, theres still 20d6 damage done, thats what really hurts you even if you hit mud, so I'd say the cons check can be lowered, most people already struggle here.. in 5th edition DCs are pretty unforgiving too, like anything over 20 requires more luck than anything else, in prior editions it wasn't all too hard to start with a 20 cons as dwarf for example, here is the highest possible to reach for most.

Also, that one is for Rovana jumping off mid bridge and trying to make it, for the werewolfs and players falling over you could also ask for dex/acrobatics to try and slow the fall.. yes, hitting jagged rocks is nasty, but its also something to hold onto, so I'd allow you to, since we go right over the edge and its unlikely to be a perfect 90° angle, slow your fall into 5 smaller hits of 2d6, each allowing an acrobatics check to catch yourself on a rock by the cliffside and climb the rest either up or down depending on prior checks.

Then theres also the cart. Even if the cart tips over, holding onto it with a sucessful dex and str check could land you being lucky by using it to absorb a fair amount of the inital shock, if the pcs make the check to hold on, penalty for Esvele and Sylvia whos standing up and wielding a weapon, I'd let them skip the the cons check and reduce the damage by whatevers necessary to shatter the wagon.. They'd still take something like 5d6 nonlethal from the impact and 2d6 slashing from shattering wood though, and thats assuming the wagon lands on the sides or right side up, not upside down, in which case its pretty much guaranteed over..

Buuut perhaps should stop discussing worst case scenarios before Esvele.. err.. you've rolled..

... you didn't just roll a nat 1 and try to get inspiration.. right? :p

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I haven't rolled yet.

And if you went over the cliff edge, everyone would have an action to do something to avoid falling, before we even got into the falling stuff.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I haven't rolled yet.

And if you went over the cliff edge, everyone would have an action to do something to avoid falling, before we even got into the falling stuff.
I hold onto the werewolfs schlong and vigorously attempt to pull myself up.. even if gravity keeps sliding me down again..

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You die the death of a typical ulmfer, with a cock in hand...

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You die the death of a typical ulmfer, with a cock in hand...
Beats dying from an aneurism from staring at this stupid script too long as it refuses to work.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh dear me. Sylvie is going to be going full wolf down mountain. Wolf-Skiing? Quite an interesting thinkery.

@Mists in the North, hm. Now how to do an acceptance of victory with all those flowery words rolling off Crassus?

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

clearly the three contestants will have to thank the judge in a private hot springs award ceremony in the buff.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

clearly the three contestants will have to thank the judge in a private hot springs award ceremony in the buff.
Is there a private hot springs for washing and relaxing hahah?

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sure. There is now.

I've gone and done some more research and will probably update the first post of the Mists of the North thread with details of Hogunmark, such as the landed jarls and the nomadic tribes. Notable personages as well, just to help us both keep track of the political landscape, if and when it becomes important.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sure. There is now.

I've gone and done some more research and will probably update the first post of the Mists of the North thread with details of Hogunmark, such as the landed jarls and the nomadic tribes. Notable personages as well, just to help us both keep track of the political landscape, if and when it becomes important.
OH thank goodness. I've been trying to keep notes but they are all spattered about in the multitudes of txt docs XD.

Also - dangit. Trying to make Malena feel less stiff in public decorum. Am hoping to play her drunken state as allowing her to start caring less of how her persona is perceived in the hall.

Maybe even be a bit grabby.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Someone teach me about Birthright aaa.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yay blarg posted! Time for posties.

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

OH thank goodness. I've been trying to keep notes but they are all spattered about in the multitudes of txt docs XD.

Also - dangit. Trying to make Malena feel less stiff in public decorum. Am hoping to play her drunken state as allowing her to start caring less of how her persona is perceived in the hall.

Maybe even be a bit grabby.
Okay, I just decided to do a Hogunmark Lore thread. It doubles as a way to teach Blarg about Birthright too.

I've decided that Malena and her father are of the Heimdjor Clan.

I'll admit that when I began this campaign, I had assumed that Malena would be naturally in line for the throne, but when I read more about Hogunmark, I saw that they put succession to a vote at the Jarl's Council.

This makes your character even less likely to become Queen, unless something drastic happens or you unite enough Jarls behind you. Add to the fact that your Uncle is acting as Jarl in your name, and it all adds up to a fairly big political mess. :eek:

But that's okay because this is what Birthright is mainly about anyway. UNITE THE CLANS THROUGH THE POWER OF YOUR MAGIC AND YOUR MASSIVE... erm... ASSETS!

My readings also forced me to scale back the power of Jarl Kohneg, so I've dubbed him as the jarl of a 'minor clan,' that is traditionally loyal to whoever holds the crown.

So if you become queen, his duty will compel him to fight for you. If someone else is elected, it's his duty to fight for them, etc...

Anyway, I advise reading the bit on Hogunmark, and if you have questions from that or if some things from your notes aren't yet covered, list them here and I'll add on to my original post.

There's a lot of information, and I wanted to keep it as basic as I could, while at the same time allowing you some freedom in concocting your own plans. Assume that a lot of other things are going on in the world too, but in the North, you're isolated from all that noise for the time being, so I'm not going to have it affect you too much.

When I get a chance to look at it again, I will share the provinces where each settled clan has its base. There will probably be threats both internally and externally during this campaign, on top of your typical monster dangers too (or monster funtimes, depending on how you look at it.)

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Join for the , stay for , miss the . *chuckles*

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'll get to the pirate stuff! I promise!

Hurgh.

Vikings are a kind of pirate anyway... :D

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

*cute stares*

NO! NO NO NO! THEY ARE NOT KIND OF LIKE PIRATES AT ALL! *Triggered Rovana look*

A pirate is so much more! A sum of knowledge. A code. A shared history. A shared suffering.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

*cute stares*

NO! NO NO NO! THEY ARE NOT LIKE PIRATES AT ALL! *Triggered Rovana look*

A pirate is so much more! A sum of knowledge. A code. A shared history. A shared suffering.
*Counters with *

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

*Counters with *
Incorrect counter, the counter would have been 'wait thats a doctor who quote' :p

Ironic thing is I propably have viking descendancy and so might Rovana considering her game-worldly origins, but she idealized-romanticized pirates because... that makes for a fun character. ^^

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Not a Whovian, so my counter is valid. And Viking fun is no less valid than pirate fun. Stahp wrong-funning me! ;)

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hmmm, Mists of the North Lore thread. Is that going to be the canon lore for the Birthright Campaign? And now time to find the hogunmark wiki portion on that birthright site.