OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

It's canon for our campaign.

If we were being official, the Hogunmark would be ruled by Queen Freila, but I've replaced her with you and changed the identity of the past two kings as well.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It's canon for our campaign.

If we were being official, the Hogunmark would be ruled by Queen Freila, but I've replaced her with you and changed the identity of the past two kings as well.
Kk. Will finish working on post soonish.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

*cough* take partial cover behind Sylvia *achoo* Which allows her to aoo anyone coming for you and lowers your chances of being diddled. *sneeze* until thats what you want. :p

I'll let everyone else take action, including the wolfes, before Sylvias action this turn as their position and our progress in position plays a vital role in what Sylvia will do.. likely play werewolf-batter again.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

*cough* take partial cover behind Sylvia *achoo* Which allows her to aoo anyone coming for you and lowers your chances of being diddled. *sneeze* until thats what you want. :p

I'll let everyone else take action, including the wolfes, before Sylvias action this turn as their position and our progress in position plays a vital role in what Sylvia will do.. likely play werewolf-batter again.
OOC-Wise: Knot ahoy!

IC-Wise: BURN WITH FIRE!! Hide behind Sylvie sort.

Sticking to IC-wise currently for Vita. As for post in init order, its blargs!

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

When we look up the switchback and see the gates of Barovia, that's not safety, but NotDracula's horrible castle of death and TPKs right?

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The gates of Barovia are the official borders of the small county that includes the village and Castle Ravenloft above. Beyond the gates lies the valley to the west and the Barony of Vallaki.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

To be clear, Esvele would know that Strahd and his minions still operate in Vallaki as well as Krezk, which is where the abbey of St. Markovia is.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

When we look up the switchback and see the gates of Barovia, that's not safety, but NotDracula's horrible castle of death and TPKs right?
Bah, TPK's aren't that scary. *pirate noises*

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Blarg, the wolf has already leaped onto the wagon by the time your rapier can connect. I'll make your attack roll shortly.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hm. Can I maneuver to cast burning hands on the werewolves without setting Esvele and the wagon alight? Then using the last of my movement to hide behind Sylvia?

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hm. Can I maneuver to cast burning hands on the werewolves without setting Esvele and the wagon alight? Then using the last of my movement to hide behind Sylvia?
In 5.0 you can break up your move, yes, though the wagon may still be in danger of catching on fire at DM's descretion no matter what you do. Then again, so are the werewolfs. :p

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Dang, I thought I had time to intercept. Booming Blade isn't much use if it's already in the cart us.

Well, I don't have time to change to Sacred Flame so yolo I guess.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

In 5.0 you can break up your move, yes, though the wagon may still be in danger of catching on fire at DM's descretion no matter what you do. Then again, so are the werewolfs. :p
On wagon cart. How much room do I have to maneuver with Esvele stepping in front of Vita?

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

On wagon cart. How much room do I have to maneuver with Esvele stepping in front of Vita?
Only blue can slime you that one.

Suggestion: Esvele could drop prone, luring the werewolfs into humping her and opening the line of sight to Vitas attack. Flawless strategy. :p

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The wagon is now quite crowded. It's a 2x3 squares setup. The wolves occupy the last squares in the back. Next to them is Esvele. Crouched prone behind the nun is Bella and standing on top of her in the same square is Vita.
Sylvia is occupying the space just across from Vita.

I-V-E-W
--S---W

So if Esvele moved to the side or if Vita switched places with Sylvia then you could get a burning hands spell that hits both wolves. I would have you make a DC 10 spell attack roll to not set the cart on fire.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The wagon is now quite crowded. It's a 2x3 squares setup. The wolves occupy the last squares in the back. Next to them is Esvele. Crouched prone behind the nun is Bella and standing on top of her in the same square is Vita.
Sylvia is occupying the space just across from Vita.

I-V-E-W
--S---W

So if Esvele moved to the side or if Vita switched places with Sylvia then you could get a burning hands spell that hits both wolves. I would have you make a DC 10 spell attack roll to not set the cart on fire.
Hm. Pervy wants Vita to take partial cover behind Sylvia. Hm. Swapping places with Sylvia is setup so next round if doable I can do the burning handings schtick or... Attempt a crisscrossing pattern, moving into and out of range of a werewolf allowing them a reaction attack.

I---E-W
--S-V-W
Move across to Cast Burning Hands, angling to catch the two werewolves?

Then Move back to spot prompting attack by werewolf

I-V-E-W
--S---W

Then move to behind Sylvia?

I---E-W
V-S---W
Like that?

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That would have Vita ending up on the drivers seat next to Ireena.

Also, you would provoke an attack of opportunity from both wolves if you moved away from their melee range.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That would have Vita ending up on the drivers seat next to Ireena.

Also, you would provoke an attack of opportunity from both wolves if you moved away from their melee range.
Ah that would be bad. Hrm. Is it possible to Swap places then with Sylvia and burning hands all on the same turn? I don't think it is possible but am asking for clarity.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'd allow it, but Sylvia would have to be willing to be pushed prone, or you would have to do a concentration check (Con DC = 13) To properly cast the spell while in the jostled limited space. Failure would mean the spell slot is wasted and the spell doesn't go off properly.

Also: Birthright post! (Maybe not what you were thinking he'd ask for, but he'd be willing to do almost anything in exchange for her agreement, including being a boy toy for her and/or Gretta.)