What's new

Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

Re: Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

I'd allow it, but Sylvia would have to be willing to be pushed prone, or you would have to do a concentration check (Con DC = 13) To properly cast the spell while in the jostled limited space. Failure would mean the spell slot is wasted and the spell doesn't go off properly.

Also: Birthright post! (Maybe not what you were thinking he'd ask for, but he'd be willing to do almost anything in exchange for her agreement, including being a boy toy for her and/or Gretta.)

Ahhh. Well if Sylvia is willing to let herself be pushed prone and stuff. Going to try it. CON Check .

Spell Check to not setting the cart afire. I'm assuming it runs off my Charisma + Prof modifiers. If not and its just a luck based roll... Just remove the +6 to it. Or 7 without the +6.

Then Vita can maneuver behind Sylvia after pushing her prone and getting her ready for some good knotting. Her wolf will be quite on fire for her at that point. Unable to help himself from his burning passion. XD.

@Birthright: Yum! Will be putting that out quickly cause yay! As for what he asked - To be a skald instead of a warrior makes sense with all those flowery words. Mmm yeah, not what I thought. Thought he was going to ask her to bathe with him. Tis reason why she is also trying to invite Sigrunn along nyeheheheh.

Well, Sylvia is no stranger to battletactics, so she'd begrudingly allow that, plus she can take the aoo's. This ruins her own aoo so she can't guard you much, but your spell would hurt more than her (1d12+4) /2 .. propably.

@Blue: To clarify, I'd like to wait with my post to see how the wolfs proceed/what their position is after the two pcs in higher initiative attack, apparently its getting up from prone followed by another shove attack to get a wolf off of the wagon, because dislike spells as she might, Sylvia thinks we got a good dynamic going with the blasting wolfs with spells thing. :p
Sylvia naturally aims for the non weakened looking wolf because prideful.

Just set us on fire. They can't rape us if we're on fire.

Post is up :D. Hope it good XD. Also, Sylvia better be prepared for Vita apologizing to her after the fight, if they're still alive.

EDIT: Reason I am using Orokos for my rolls this time around is because I wanted to use it.

if they're still alive.

That is of no concern. Whilest Sylvia can't quickly down a werewolf, she has the same benefit in resisting them.

Unrelatedly, a shame there are no 'noble' classes in 5.0, I'd so have Rovana cross class into one. :p

That is of no concern. Whilest Sylvia can't quickly down a werewolf, she has the same benefit in resisting them.

Unrelatedly, a shame there are no 'noble' classes in 5.0, I'd so have Rovana cross class into one. :p

Gonna wait for Blue to post wolf wolf actions or gonna poast Sylvia's post'ems XD?

As I said, yes. I have to see what happens because the wolfs positioning could change before my turn in the initative, for example, they could ignore the now prone Sylvia to pounce on Vita again, or they could.. attempt to keep Sylvia prone, depending on how the situation changes, my actions would change.

Unrelatedly but related to other unrelated things, so I was looking at the 5.0 bard class while googling 'homebrew noble classes in 5.0' aand folks are already ahead of me.

Om nom nom warfans and charisma to ac. :p Though some kinda silly stuff too, big shocker. Wonder if I can flavour a bard as some sorta noble/pirate captain mixture, inspiering her crew with bardic talents and using vicious mockery and Dissonant whispers to scold enemies proper.. ooh! I could use healing word to 'keep on fighting' with pirate shanties. Oooh..

Last edited:

As I said, yes. I have to see what happens because the wolfs positioning could change before my turn in the initative, for example, they could ignore the now prone Sylvia to pounce on Vita again, or they could.. attempt to keep Sylvia prone, depending on how the situation changes, my actions would change.

Unrelatedly but related to other unrelated things, so I was looking at the 5.0 bard class while googling 'homebrew noble classes in 5.0' aand folks are already ahead of me.

Om nom nom warfans and charisma to ac. :p Though some kinda silly stuff too, big shocker. Wonder if I can flavour a bard as some sorta noble/pirate captain mixture, inspiering her crew with bardic talents and using vicious mockery and Dissonant whispers to scold enemies big time, etc. ^^

Saving that PDF cause it looks gooood. Also Rovana is featured on it! Blond Blue Eye Beaut in 1st Page. Hmmmm >:3.

Saving that PDF cause it looks gooood. Also Rovana is featured on it! Blond Blue Eye Beaut in 1st Page. Hmmmm >:3.

Some of it looks pretty neat, yeah, though more tempted to reflavour a bard to represent Rovana training as noble. ..

Also, am super relieved I'm not the only one that thinks that. If you go down theres another Rovana in golden chains.. ominous. Truly, if you take away her smug/overconfident/mischievous expression and put her in a pretty dress, Rovana looks pretty noble already. Then again, the confidence is integral to the character! :p This look is mainly because I like the idea of the pretty girl intentionally not going the easy way her looks could provide for her, and trying to prove herself otherwise. Just that in this case she has to learn to use whatever she has to survive the dangers of Ravenloft. Definitly that, not any naughty fantasies involved.

Noble Rovana look?
5de594c89dc13d6a46e100d1adcce2d4.jpg

Last edited:

Some of it looks pretty neat, yeah, though more tempted to reflavour a bard to represent Rovana training as noble. ..

Also, am super relieved I'm not the only one that thinks that. If you go down theres another Rovana in golden chains.. ominous. Truly, if you take away a smug/overconfident expression and put her in a pretty dress, Rovana looks pretty noble already. Then again, the confidence is integral to the character! :p This look is mainly because I like the idea of the pretty girl intentionally not going the easy way her looks could provide for her, and trying to prove herself otherwise. Just that in this case she has to learn to use whatever she has to survive the dangers of Ravenloft. Definitly that, not any naughty fantasies involved.

5de594c89dc13d6a46e100d1adcce2d4.jpg

Nuuuu! Luna from FF15 D: nuuuu! The sadness from the picture ;-;. It is sad. As for pretty girl not going easy way due to her looks. Hmmm. It feels as if tho the mighty captain Rovana is becoming wife material instead of husbando material. Hah.

Also Golden Chains is fancy. Fancy fancy. So Rovana likes its hard and will go out of her way to make sure it gets that way.

Nuuuu! Luna from FF15 D: nuuuu! The sadness from the picture ;-;. It is sad.

I dun play FF, its just hard to find a blonde noble that has a certain.. playful untrustworthyness in her expression, without seeming outright evil. I'm not using a pretty princess picture for Rovana, she wouldn't let me.

As for pretty girl not going easy way due to her looks. Hmmm. It feels as if tho the mighty captain Rovana is becoming wife material instead of husbando material. Hah.

Hey, if you think thats the easy way, I got an adult dragon skull you can try 'n carry about. A.. also.. do you really think she'd make for good vampire waifu material? *blushes, clears throat*

Also Golden Chains is fancy. Fancy fancy. So Rovana likes its hard and will go out of her way to make sure it gets that way

A fitting analysis, if.. err .. a bit kinky. :p
The heroic part of Rovanas character can be described as 'doing things her way, even if its the hard way' Indubitably working with Strahd would lead to getting what she wants quicker, but she wants to earn her goodies.. to her stealing counts as earning ofc.
But yeah, Blueslime wanted non evil pcs, which translates to 'have something that can serve as heroic motivation' to me, little point in confronting you with evil and tempting you if you go 'fuck yeah, more of that soul twisting power, om nom nom!'
So I made Rovanas motivation her prideful independence with a strong dedication to freedom and a dislike of those that'd take it from others.. which is lucky as it keeps her wary of Lady Wachters more extreme arguments.. though she's also.. vunerable to the maids and manservants clearly being into it.. ^^

edited to add herp a derping.

Last edited:

I dun play FF, its just hard to find a blonde noble that has a certain.. playful untrustworthyness in her expression, without seeming outright evil. I'm not using a pretty princess picture for Rovana, she wouldn't let me.

FF15 is good. Visuals and Sidequesting Stories great. The main story you need to watch a whole bunch of stuff not packaged in the game so not as great. Still good FF story. Real Sadness invoked via that picture tho. She also yummy.

Hey, if you think thats the easy way, I got an adult dragon skull you can try 'n carry about. A.. also.. do you really think she'd make for good vampire waifu material? *blushes, clears throat*

Adult Dragon Skull? What type? If it ain't red it ain't good. As for Rovana being good waifu material, if she goes through the training, she'd be good maid waifu. Is Ludmilla looking for a maid to do despeciably delectably luscious things too? Drinking her blood? Making her serve tea (with added additives.)

A fitting analysis, if.. err .. a bit kinky. :p
The heroic part of Rovanas character can be described as 'doing things her way, even if its the hard way' Indubitably working with Strahd would lead to getting what she wants quicker, but she wants to earn her goodies.. to her stealing counts as earning ofc.
But yeah, Blueslime wanted non evil pcs, which translates to 'have something that can serve as heroic motivation' to me, little point in confronting you with evil and tempting you if you go 'fuck yeah, more of that soul twisting power, om nom nom!'
So I made Rovanas motivation her prideful independence with a strong dedication to freedom and a dislike of those that'd take it from others.. which is lucky as it keeps her wary of Lady Wachters more extreme arguments.. though she's also.. vunerable to the maids and manservants clearly being into it.. ^^

Prideful motivation to steal Lady Watcher's Manservants and Maids for herself to board them aboard her piratey ghost ship as sailors that serve as her extra parts of her crew and Ludmilla!

Twisting even lady watcher herself into a stolen object that Rovana stole from the very depths of hell itself! For Rovana's Heroics demands she be the greediest of greed and steal the evil within themselves for her own!

If that makes any sense, good on you :D. IF it doesn't, why should it!? Rovana stole the sense right from thee head! Do the impossible! Hmmm if going down that thought train, how hard would it be for Rovana to steal Barovia from Strahd and pack it all atop of a ship or make it become a giant land to sea and back to land moving tortoise?

Last edited:

Doublah posting! Mists of the North post is up. Hmmm, hope that is enough ammunition.

As for Rovana being good waifu material, if she goes through the training, she'd be good maid waifu. Is Ludmilla looking for a maid to do despeciably delectably luscious things too? Drinking her blood? Making her serve tea (with added additives.)

Nono, not maid training, noble training, whys you think I linked the book. And the idea is more elation by association.. being able to command a pretty noble around should take her mind off of Strahd-servitude!

Prideful motivation to steal Lady Watcher's Manservants and Maids for herself to board them aboard her piratey ghost ship as sailors that serve as her extra parts of her crew and Ludmilla!

Nah, they seem happy enough under Wachter.

Twisting even lady watcher herself into a stolen object that Rovana stole from the very depths of hell itself! For Rovana's Heroics demands she be the greediest of greed and steal the evil within themselves for her own!

Tempting, but for one, Wachter is kinda messed up, for two, 90% sure she's ment as secondary antagonist in Vallaki for you, which is why I had Rovana sell information to her.
Else, this might be attempted.

If that makes any sense, good on you . IF it doesn't, why should it!? Rovana stole the sense right from thee head! Do the impossible! Hmmm if going down that thought train, how hard would it be for Rovana to steal Barovia from Strahd and pack it all atop of a ship or make it become a giant land to sea and back to land moving tortoise?

Pretty hard, to impossible, and why'd she do that. Crazy characters are fun, but you gotta be measured still.
Theres wooing a vampires bride and letting her nibble on you, training under an infernal mistress to be a better enemy to the lord that infernal mistress pay fealty to,... and then theres just crazy stuff to be extreme.

Think not extreme, but more chaotic creative. Rather than stealing Strahds lands, steal his pants, then genderbent Ludmilla to show Strahd who wears it better!

Also, if Rovana can't sneak off before the devils ritual goes on, there'll be another interesting idea of mine on display there. ^^

Nono, not maid training, noble training, whys you think I linked the book. And the idea is more elation by association.. being able to command a pretty noble around should take her mind off of Strahd-servitude!

Totally loos like maid training :p.

Tempting, but for one, Wachter is kinda messed up, for two, 90% sure she's ment as secondary antagonist in Vallaki for you, which is why I had Rovana sell information to her.
Else, this might be attempted.

I still think Vallaki will be burnt down by the time Vita and CO get there. Until we actually get there. That is how I am going to be treating Vallaki. A burnt down husk filled with infernal spawn running amok.

Pretty hard, to impossible, and why'd she do that. Crazy characters are fun, but you gotta be measured still.
Theres wooing a vampires bride and letting her nibble on you, training under an infernal mistress to be a better enemy to the lord that infernal mistress pay fealty to,... and then theres just crazy stuff to be extreme.

Think not extreme, but more chaotic creative. Rather than stealing Strahds lands, steal his pants, then genderbent Ludmilla to show Strahd who wears it better!

Also, if Rovana can't sneak off before the devils ritual goes on, there'll be another interesting idea of mine on display there. ^^

Hmmm. What about Whales? Whales are always good too. As for being measured... Depends on how drunk ye are! Yargh. And what sort of fit of madness overcomes yee. I do hope that feeling an aura of a powerful enough demon causes some madness that leads to... interesting development.

Infernal Mistress looks like she is training Rovana to be a maid that has the airs of being a noble. But is most likely going to end up being a spy that does double-agent or triple-agent or etc.-Agent type things. Also maid. Mmmmm maid.

Ah. If Rovana is stealing his pants and then showing off to him how much better the exotic Ludmilla looks in them, things must've become quite friendly or Strahd has gotten pranked into being drunk. Hmmm. ;) I wonder what a Drunk Strahd would do.

If she makes a contract with the nine hells, I'd have Rovana become a blooded scion a la birthright and retroactively gain the noble background benefits in addition to keeping the pirate one.

Edit: haven't looked at the PDF yet. I don't see why you couldn't continue with swashbuckling class and have the nobility bit be a background thing.

Also. No take 20s in 5e. One perception check covers what the character notices. No do overs, unless something about situation changes.

Last edited:

Okay, double post to inform how the fight is going.

So with both Vita and Sylvie prone in the same square, the wolf targeted Vita as she's the one burning them with fire all over the place and that seems to be the most effective tactic against them so far.

Sylvie is sort of in the same square with the wolf, although if she stands up, she'll naturally be in the middle of the wagon attacking the wolf that is standing over the savaged Vita.

(By the way, I think Vita's clothing should be damaged... gonna add that detail.)

Esvele is in melee with the one hit by the black beam. Both wolves are still looking only mildly injured right now. Ireena has the wagon picking up momentum again.

If she makes a contract with the nine hells, I'd have Rovana become a blooded scion a la birthright and retroactively gain the noble background benefits in addition to keeping the pirate one.

Edit: haven't looked at the PDF yet. I don't see why you couldn't continue with swashbuckling class and have the nobility bit be a background thing.

Also. No take 20s in 5e. One perception check covers what the character notices. No do overs, unless something about situation changes.

Problem is, Rovana wants to haggle at the least. :p

Swashbuckler is a neat class, but I kinda wanna.. invest something mechanics wise to better represent the stuff happening. Backround could do it but obviously thats up to the DM.

Ok then, here goes nothing for perception, rolling a d20 and letting you decide what modifier Joe uses/what penalties the distracted Rovana has.
Roll(1d20)+0:
19,+0
Total:19

Joe OP.

Roll(1d20)+0:
13,+0
Total:13

Rovana kinda neat too. ^^

Sylvie is sort of in the same square with the wolf, although if she stands up, she'll naturally be in the middle of the wagon attacking the wolf that is standing over the savaged Vita.

He can move into a square I occupy? hrmnn.. I'll try to work with that but the positioning is a bit awkward.

Either way, the sollution is easy for Sylvia, just throw all the wolves down the mountain!

Last edited:

Problem is, Rovana wants to haggle at the least. :p

Swashbuckler is a neat class, but I kinda wanna.. invest something mechanics wise to better represent the stuff happening. Backround could do it but obviously thats up to the DM.

Ok then, here goes nothing for perception, rolling a d20 and letting you decide what modifier Joe uses/what penalties the distracted Rovana has.
Roll(1d20)+0:
19,+0
Total:19

Joe OP.

Roll(1d20)+0:
13,+0
Total:13

Rovana kinda neat too. ^^

I'll take a closer look at the pdf and tell you what I think, but honestly I think acting with nobility is more a roleplaying hook than anything else. If you want to multiclass, you can of course do so, but I hesitate to add things that I have honestly no clue if they've been balanced or not. Third party things usually scare me. I allowed Diaga his socerer one because it was funny and, frankly, seemed a bit underpowered. Which means I can add things if I want to buff his princess a little later.

He can move into a square I occupy? hrmnn.. I'll try to work with that but the positioning is a bit awkward.

Either way, the sollution is easy for Sylvia, just throw all the wolves down the mountain!

You were both prone when he entered the square. I viewed it as him leaping on top of the bodies. As you scramble up, you'll be displaced into the square where he would have been.

It's a bit theater of the mind:

The wolf is above Vita, who is prone and now semi-naked (whoo!). You can get up, and now, if you want to have room to take a big swing, then naturally you'll have to back up a step or two, to make room, and naturally you'll be considered to be in the next square (so everything's nice and normal again.

Grappling and wolf leaping and prone-ness makes things confusing. But that's okay, it's a desperate melee on top of a moving wagon. All good!

If it places undue work on your shoulders don't worry about it, I'd rather you invest your energy into writing lewdities for halpless pirates. I can still ponder about cross classing into bard to roleplay-represent a noble, or just keeping the captain as she is. *nodnod*

Grappling and wolf leaping and prone-ness makes things confusing. But that's okay, it's a desperate melee on top of a moving wagon. All good!

See, I though that was the one more simple.. Sylvia can't do much damage, but she can disable one of the wolfs.. hopefully, letting the other three deal with the last remaining wolf, 1on3 whilest she hopes to play wolf-throw round two. So if she succeeds with the grapple she'll simply move off of the wagon.. moving the werewolf along with her.

Back