Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

Out of the Abyss provides 5e stats for Avatars of several major demon lords. I'm not sure if they are meant to be the same as the lords when they are in the Abyss. Demogorgon, Gra'azzt , Orcus, Jubilex, Baphomet, Zuggtmoy, and Yeenoghu all have been statted this way.

They are tough, but as written I think 8 level 20s could theoretically defeat them if it was just them alone. Realistically though, it would be hard to engineer that.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Why'd you wanna defeat Zuggtmoyv though, she's cool.

That said, avatar and the real thing can be a lot different, which is vague on purpose. usually DM's are encouraged to handle an avatar being defeated as a 'The demon is banished for 100 years' which is little to nothing to demonlords(though it does piss them off), but a lot for even elf pcs, or a small diminishing in the demonlords actual power.

The former is actually rather nice for a plothook if your folks want to start with a fresh group, you can npc an elf adventurer from that time who stood guard and contacts the descendants of the old group, I did something roughly like this with more pvp focus to try and build an entire world, was kinda fun if taxing.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I has an out of the Abyss book and DC 25's are the flat mins I see in that when fighting a Demon Lord.

Also! More importantly. BLARG POSTED!!! YAY! Now in a few days time, combat will be underway.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I has an out of the Abyss book and DC 25's are the flat mins I see in that when fighting a Demon Lord.

Also! More importantly. BLARG POSTED!!! YAY! Now in a few days time, combat will be underway.
DC 25 is doable if you presume a buff or three to assist and high levels.

If we ask nice enough, once blue has moar time, there could be an interlude for what Vitas mom and Ludmilla are currently up to. :p

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

DC 25 is doable if you presume a buff or three to assist and high levels.

If we ask nice enough, once blue has moar time, there could be an interlude for what Vitas mom and Ludmilla are currently up to. :p
Wait??? When is Ludmilla hunting down Vita's Mama? Did I misread or skim too much and miss something important D:!?

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I think Pervy was saying that he wouldn't mind seeing Vita's mother and Ludmilla being sexually abused by the various factions that have them captured. Separate scenes.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I think Pervy was saying that he wouldn't mind seeing Vita's mother and Ludmilla being sexually abused by the various factions that have them captured. Separate scenes.
Nuuuuuh dun sexually abuse poor Ludmilla! *puts pirate protector infront of innocent, harmless and gentle flower of a vampiress* Meanie you! What have Vitas mom and Ludmilla ever done wrong!

(Heh, now I'm wondering about the mother...)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nuuuuuh dun sexually abuse poor Ludmilla! *puts pirate protector infront of innocent, harmless and gentle flower of a vampiress* Meanie you! What have Vitas mom and Ludmilla ever done wrong!

(Heh, now I'm wondering about the mother...)
Both tried to do great good, and ended up getting corrupted.

The one got knocked up.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Both tried to do great good, and ended up getting corrupted.

The(n) one got knocked up.
WHAT, Ludmilla is pregnant? But how!?!!?

I had to. :p

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm bored. Time to tease Vita. Sylvia can't do much in this fight actually, unless she rolls good, the damage she does to them wolves without silver is negligable. So.. beware of bad rolls!

Just imagine the terrible things that could happen if she got seperated from the group somehow!

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm bored. Time to tease Vita. Sylvia can't do much in this fight actually, unless she rolls good, the damage she does to them wolves without silver is negligable. So.. beware of bad rolls!

Just imagine the terrible things that could happen if she got seperated from the group somehow!
Oh dear that is true. How will a she bear ever fare under the tender mercies of wolven packs? Or worse yet!! What if there are other BEARS out there looking for a mate to bear with?

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh dear that is true. How will a she bear ever fare under the tender mercies of wolven packs? Or worse yet!! What if there are other BEARS out there looking for a mate to bear with?
Actually, perhaps Sylvia is a she-wolf, you don't know what twisted secrets I discussed with the DM. I merely picked the bear totem because, while the wolf-thing is tempting, 'lol tank harder' was just too amazing for Sylvias concept.

Unrelatedly, kind of disappointed Rovana was the only one going for a vampire-bride. We could have been like the three temptations with those three.. need I remind you that most vampires can control and shapeshift into wolfs... (and bat-swarms, if you are weird) and other animal variations are possible too..

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Actually, perhaps Sylvia is a she-wolf, you don't know what twisted secrets I discussed with the DM. I merely picked the bear totem because, while the wolf-thing is tempting, 'lol tank harder' was just too amazing for Sylvias concept.

Unrelatedly, kind of disappointed Rovana was the only one going for a vampire-bride. We could have been like the three temptations with those three.. need I remind you that most vampires can control and shapeshift into wolfs... (and bat-swarms, if you are weird) and other animal variations are possible too..
Only Rovana is brash enough to seduce a vampiress right in front of her master! As for the other 2, OOC wise, I've forgotten their appearance and names XD. Mayhap Blueslime post their descriptions here again? Otherwise I'll go look through main thread to see how their described.

As for being a she-wolf... Mmmmm. Heh. Wolf Totem gives advantage to melee attackers. The only other person that is Melee is Esvele hahah.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Only Rovana is brash enough to seduce a vampiress right in front of her master! As for the other 2, OOC wise, I've forgotten their appearance and names XD. Mayhap Blueslime post their descriptions here again? Otherwise I'll go look through main thread to see how their described.

As for being a she-wolf... Mmmmm. Heh. Wolf Totem gives advantage to melee attackers. The only other person that is Melee is Esvele hahah.
For wolf totem: exactly my reasoning, Vita couldn't benefit from it, Ireena is not ment to be with us in the frontlines, so not quite worth it.

Now, for the vampire brides, errr.. ok, just for the lulz, let me try to get their names together without looking, Barovia is weird in that it uses very czech or (shocker) trannsylvania like names which are super hard to prounounce in a mixture with german and mythology inspired thingies.

In Rovanas defence, she didn't expect it to work so well. .. Much less did she expect to actually fall for her seduction-target.

Ok, you have the black skinned, tall warrior Ludmilla Vilisevic, with a white dress and priorly some gold jewelry.

The mask and brown dress wearing, smaller dark haired, either caucasian or maybe asian.. Anastacia? Who plays a music instrument and if I recall dabbles in magic.. hints at her perhaps being a bard.

And the red dress wearing.. blonde? ..Cecilia? I can't recall details on her but I think she was a more pure spellcaster, though I think the masked on lead the chant..

Theres also a fourth one, taking Ludmillas place as loyal bride, named Sasha and known for being nasty, appearance and abilties unknown.

This is hard for me because I'm bad with names, usually I consider my characters to be better at it.. I wonder how far away I've landed.. :p

Edit: Anastrazya and Volenta. One almost hit, one far miss. :p Page 11 if you're curious.

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

For wolf totem: exactly my reasoning, Vita couldn't benefit from it, Ireena is not ment to be with us in the frontlines, so not quite worth it.

Now, for the vampire brides, errr.. ok, just for the lulz, let me try to get their names together without looking, Barovia is weird in that it uses very czech or (shocker) trannsylvania like names which are super hard to prounounce in a mixture with german and mythology inspired thingies.

In Rovanas defence, she didn't expect it to work so well. .. Much less did she expect to actually fall for her seduction-target.

Ok, you have the black skinned, tall warrior Ludmilla Vilisevic, with a white dress and priorly some gold jewelry.

The mask and brown dress wearing, smaller dark haired, either caucasian or maybe asian.. Anastacia? Who plays a music instrument and if I recall dabbles in magic.. hints at her perhaps being a bard.

And the red dress wearing.. blonde? ..Cecilia? I can't recall details on her but I think she was a more pure spellcaster, though I think the masked on lead the chant..

Theres also a fourth one, taking Ludmillas place as loyal bride, named Sasha and known for being nasty, appearance and abilties unknown.

This is hard for me because I'm bad with names, usually I consider my characters to be better at it.. I wonder how far away I've landed.. :p

Edit: Anastrazya and Volenta. One almost hit, one far miss. :p Page 11 if you're curious.
Page 11... Mmmm, if going by the fact that you only view 10 Posts per page, than that will be post numbers 110+ to 120ish. I view posts per page at 100 XD.

Yeah. Anastrazya and Volenta do not sound entirely interesting in the like... I don't know, 8 seconds Vita could talk to them via shouting over Rovana. And with Thaumaturgy, Vita can shout reallllly loudly.

But yeah! Anastrazya or Sasha sound interesting to perhaps encounter. Blarg, you has any opinions on this?

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Page 11... Mmmm, if going by the fact that you only view 10 Posts per page, than that will be post numbers 110+ to 120ish. I view posts per page at 100 XD.

Yeah. Anastrazya and Volenta do not sound entirely interesting in the like... I don't know, 8 seconds Vita could talk to them via shouting over Rovana. And with Thaumaturgy, Vita can shout reallllly loudly.

But yeah! Anastrazya or Sasha sound interesting to perhaps encounter. Blarg, you has any opinions on this?
Oh you can adjust that? I never bothered. :p

See, Rovana doesn't need thaumaturgy to shout really loudly, important pirate captain quality.

Tbh, only the masked one got much characterization and.. well, .. then again, who knows, perhaps all of the vampire brides have tragic backstories, though, if I were the DM, I'd make someone like Sasha actually be messed up enough to be into Strahds stick, in a good-creepy way 'oooh master I knew you couldn't keep me locked away forever, you need your little slave! You know that no one can hurt your enemies like I do!'

Frankly, I really hope Rovana can avoid any further close up encounters with any of the brides(aaand Strahd in particular), I have a feeling it'd end badly, if I were a betting person, I'd say Sasha is a pure sadist, while the other brides would either suckle on the captain out of barely hidden jealousy of a chance at true freedom, or to spite Ludmilla... then again, who knows, one of them might end up being sympathetic.. don't mean she wont carry Rovana back to Strahd for a pat on the head.

Then again, someone turning Rovana into their vampire-thrall, that has to wait for the right moment just to save herself could make for an interesting, if dark turn, though otoh poor Ludmilla has been through enough trouble .. then again, she has indubitably done nasty things. *clears throat*

With Rovanas last act giving Ludmilla true freedom and turning her into a true vampiress, Lady Ludmilla finally escaped Strahds claws, only to find that the devil had quickly taken his revenge for taking what was his and mocking his rulership...
Now the pirate-captain lays slain by a lustful, wicked vampire-bride who taunts Ludmilla with the lustful deeds she had her lover do... only to find herself distracted by an undead parrot for a moment, giving Ludmilla the small opening she needs to.. bring her justice, before fleeing from Strahds vengeance, with the body of her beloved.. only to have the mists take this last thing from her, Rovanas body melting away with the mists as Ludmilla herself disappears, only to set foot upon a strange land, with little time to learn more before she has to hide from the sunrise.

Rovanas soul meanwhile passes on, only to find herself reborn as suprisingly talented vampire-slayer, the last of a long lost noble bloodline who had their birthright taken from them by a dark vampire lord in a faraway land.
The young woman has been hunting undead for quite a while, both in the wildernis and the more dangerous monster hidden among the aristocratic society, those that don't want her for her pathetic remains of her noble belongings but to sate darker, more perverse urges.. but it feels like her true goals are just out of reach, as she dreams of a ship upon an impossibly great lake, of treasures and strong beers, of a dark-skinned beauty and a wicked, slithering creature. And just who is this old Vistana witch that claims to do a favour for an old friend whilest stalking her? She's open minded, but still a noble, and the Vistani are bad news!
And then, one fateful day, as the young lady Dilisnya finds an oddly curved and ornate longsword locked away in a tomb, she attracts the attention of a certain vampiress, in an epic tale that sees the vampire-slayer become the vampire-layer.
Or somesuch. :p

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah you can adjust it. Not sure how I did it but prolly somewhere in control settings.

Ahh but thats where your wrong. Thaumautrgy makes sure you are heard at 300 Feet away. HEARD!! Unsure if it goes through Solid Walls but it does make nice booming sounds and the like. Thunderous booming noise. I wonder if I can shout people down and scream for order.

Hahahah. Vampire fear! Vampire feaaar! Hidding behind bravado. As for Vampire Reincarnating Rovana... How'd that work? Would she be more happish and serious? Or be some sort of vivacious law abiding loose cannon that is going to stay human to beat dem monsters?

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

300 ft isn't that much of a distance for soundwaves. Its more of an annoy them to death less of a shouting people down.

Well, yes.. a lot of Rovanas theme is hiding fear and insecurities behind bravado, just that she doesn't realize it, leading to her channeling submissiveness *Whistles*

I think you minorly misunderstand, getting turned into a vampire and reincarnating are rather different, can't get vamped and be reborn. If you get reincarnated, the body changes but the soul doesn't, you'd perhaps even keep your mental score, which.. is a double edged sword for Rovana. A lot of what makes Rovana herself is the whole piratey concept, but the character archetype would just as well work with a more pretend serious and orderly rebel-freedom fighter, secretly subverting an in part vampire controlled society, for example.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

300 ft isn't that much of a distance for soundwaves. Its more of an annoy them to death less of a shouting people down.

Well, yes.. a lot of Rovanas theme is hiding fear and insecurities behind bravado, just that she doesn't realize it, leading to her channeling submissiveness *Whistles*

I think you minorly misunderstand, getting turned into a vampire and reincarnating are rather different, can't get vamped and be reborn. If you get reincarnated, the body changes but the soul doesn't, you'd perhaps even keep your mental score, which.. is a double edged sword for Rovana. A lot of what makes Rovana herself is the whole piratey concept, but the character archetype would just as well work with a more pretend serious and orderly rebel-freedom fighter, secretly subverting an in part vampire controlled society, for example.
People over 100 Feet away from me can't hear me shouting in RL so I'm not sure if 300 Feet isn't alot. They can see me waving and stuff but not really hear me.

Nah. I don't think I'm misunderstanding :p. Getting turned into vamp locks your soul to your body as far as I can tell for DnD. In your setup, it seemed Rovana died and didn't get vamped and Ludmilla ran off with her into the mists only for her to fade away like a dream.

Vampire Reincarnating Rovana is poor choice of wording on my part. Not sure about her being a rebel freedom fighter if her reincarnation finds Rovana's sword while travelling to slay a vicious vamp lord :p.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

People over 100 Feet away from me can't hear me shouting in RL so I'm not sure if 300 Feet isn't alot. They can see me waving and stuff but not really hear me.

Nah. I don't think I'm misunderstanding :p. Getting turned into vamp locks your soul to your body as far as I can tell for DnD. In your setup, it seemed Rovana died and didn't get vamped and Ludmilla ran off with her into the mists only for her to fade away like a dream.

Vampire Reincarnating Rovana is poor choice of wording on my part. Not sure about her being a rebel freedom fighter if her reincarnation finds Rovana's sword while travelling to slay a vicious vamp lord :p.
I'd find that concerning because:
The normal intelligible outdoor range of the male human voice in still air is 180 m (590 ft 6.6 in
Ah, ok, that plus the 'stay human' part confused me, yeah.. hey, just doing a bit of a creative writeup thingie.

Well, finding the sword just links the fate and keeps the story going with an overarching threat, reincarnation can delay, but not stop the evil after Rovana, needing to .. taint her soul and spoil her innocence to truly break free of its prison if you catch my drift.

Why not a rebel though? Rovana as is values freedom higher than anything, even for others to some degree, infact not allowing any percieved tyrant, be it Strahd or.. recently, literally hell, control over her, has kind of shaped her as a character. *nodnod*