What's new

RPG RPG Maker [ スケイルガーデン ] 砦のローデス (RJ125552)

gamefreak999

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: [ScaleGarden] Rhode's Fortress

I think this is the first time where the title was somehow related to the game. I think the first one did but I don't really remember what happened.
I mean why was the second one called like fire iron or something and the third one was called sangeki no gear?

OP
Twisted

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

I think this is the first time where the title was somehow related to the game. I think the first one did but I don't really remember what happened.
I mean why was the second one called like fire iron or something and the third one was called sangeki no gear?
Sankegi no Gear means "Gear of [Sankegi]"
Sankegi can mean a lot of things, Flash Strike, Thousand Strike, etc
However, seeing as you gain a counter-attack ability somewhere in the game called Sankegi, it's safe to assume that it's something along the lines of Flash/Quick Attack in so much as you counter-attack quickly.

The first game was Seiren Harp.
Seiren is honestly just a typo of Siren. The game was called Siren's Harp or Siren Harp, which I assume had some relation to the sirens that caused you to crash into the island in the first place

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sankegi no Gear means "Gear of [Sankegi]"
Sankegi can mean a lot of things, Flash Strike, Thousand Strike, etc
However, seeing as you gain a counter-attack ability somewhere in the game called Sankegi, it's safe to assume that it's something along the lines of Flash/Quick Attack in so much as you counter-attack quickly.

The first game was Seiren Harp.
Seiren is honestly just a typo of Siren. The game was called Siren's Harp or Siren Harp, which I assume had some relation to the sirens that caused you to crash into the island in the first place
Siren Harp actually comes into play towards the end of the game where you pick up a Siren's Harp and used it to get a ship to arrive at the island so that you and the others can escape. I'm still not sure about the second game though. It's probably a Japanese metaphor.

dardamex

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Really enjoyed the demo, can't wait for the full release (I've been checking his site daily since the release of the last game). Didn't much like his third game, mostly due to personal preference for events but also because it felt somewhat lacking compared to the second.

Anyway, getting back to Rhode's Fortress, I might do a 'soft' translation once the full game is released, that is translating the items, skills, equipment, enemies, and all that sort of stuff to make playing it easier for everyone. Translating the actual content though is another matter -- SCGarden game's tend to be extremely large and long. Events are usually extremely descriptive and go on for a while; I remember it taking me an hour to translate a single scene in the second game.

I haven't really liked any hentai RPGs since Virgin Island was released, they generally felt underdeveloped and half-assed, pretty much the complete opposite of SCGarden's games. So, here's hoping Rhode's Island fills the void of content-rich and professionally made games.

Anyone know when this one is supposed to be released? I can't find anything on his blog and I remember someone saying two months but I can't see where they got that idea.

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Really enjoyed the demo, can't wait for the full release (I've been checking his site daily since the release of the last game). Didn't much like his third game, mostly due to personal preference for events but also because it felt somewhat lacking compared to the second.

Anyway, getting back to Rhode's Fortress, I might do a 'soft' translation once the full game is released, that is translating the items, skills, equipment, enemies, and all that sort of stuff to make playing it easier for everyone. Translating the actual content though is another matter -- SCGarden game's tend to be extremely large and long. Events are usually extremely descriptive and go on for a while; I remember it taking me an hour to translate a single scene in the second game.

I haven't really liked any hentai RPGs since Virgin Island was released, they generally felt underdeveloped and half-assed, pretty much the complete opposite of SCGarden's games. So, here's hoping Rhode's Island fills the void of content-rich and professionally made games.

Anyone know when this one is supposed to be released? I can't find anything on his blog and I remember someone saying two months but I can't see where they got that idea.
He usually makes a full release 2 months after he released trial.

Also there's not much to translate in SG games. Unlike other games that tend to have 150 weapons & 200 armors, SG games have only like 5-6 weapons, few armors and items. Whole UI is this game is already translated, few things that weren't I translated and posted few pages back. He's also been smart about enemy names this time. In SoG he made picture names for all enemies ( There were more then 100 pictures) which were pain in the ass to edit and translate. In this game he finally pulls enemy names from RPG maker database which you can translate in 5 min if you know Japanese.

Last edited:

dardamex

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

You're right about the item and equipment databases but for the skills and enemies, their databases are already pretty long. About 80 skills and 32 enemies already in the demo.

Since you seem interested in translating it too, maybe together we can at least get all the system and mechanic stuff translated for the full game. Like I said before, doing so would definitely make it at least easier to play for everyone.

raiten28

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I like scgarden game. It is pretty unique compared to the other.
Not only that it uses creative battle system, the arts and story are nice. Might be a little plain for some people's taste, but for me they are good enough.

I guess I should be patient and wait for 1-3 months then. Won't be too long lol
By the way, I hope this time we can choose when and how to corrupt the heroine, though. I meant her first time, because in the previous games it was usually forced. If this one still follows the same pattern then I suspect Godza would do her...or maybe that new bald guy in the end of trial.

dardamex

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Yeah, you usually have a good bit of freedom at some point in the games but those first half dozen or so events are usually forced. Some choice during them would be nice. I'd also like to be able to choose what sexual act to do with people during some events later on, too. Generally once the heroine has moved onto actual intercourse, stuff like handjobs, blowjobs, and paizuris are forgotten about and rarely used.

I think the second game (A Breath of Fire and Iron, I think?) did what I just described during generic prostitution events. I'd like to have that kind of choice more often.

Mullens

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If you check the DLsite page for the game (Top right corner), you can see that is listed for early January

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You're right about the item and equipment databases but for the skills and enemies, their databases are already pretty long. About 80 skills and 32 enemies already in the demo.

Since you seem interested in translating it too, maybe together we can at least get all the system and mechanic stuff translated for the full game. Like I said before, doing so would definitely make it at least easier to play for everyone.
U're probably wrong there. Just because something is located in the database doesn't mean it's used somewhere in the actual game. A lot of those skills are "Default" skills which he always leaves inside the database. There might be a list of 100 skills but there's no need to translate them since they're not used anywhere in the game. If this game is similar to his other games and I think it is, its safe to assume there's gonna be like max 4-6 skills.

I'll probably do it myself also since I translated all of his other games (Everything except story). The worst was SoG because of the picture editing. Like I said you had to edit 100 pictures... It's not hard to do but it takes so fuc*** long.

Last edited:

chiakisan

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Do you guys know if there were any previous attempts to translate the story dialogue of his earlier games?

Luckcrazy

Lurker
Reputation score

Do you guys know if there were any previous attempts to translate the story dialogue of his earlier games?
I don't know about his first game (the one on the island), but I believe the second one had atleast a partial translation, I don't have it, but it might be worth checking the thread on hongfire.

OP
Twisted

Twisted

Reputation score

I'm working on a "translation" of Sankegi no Gear
I put translation in quotes because I don't actually know japanese, and am cross-referencing multiple translators and wikipedia pages on my way through

chiakisan

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I'm working on a "translation" of Sankegi no Gear
I put translation in quotes because I don't actually know japanese, and am cross-referencing multiple translators and wikipedia pages on my way through
That's awesome! Good luck with your translation. Let us know how your progression goes. Bill Hicks ftw.

OP
Twisted

Twisted

Reputation score

I'm currently a couple hours in, at the second interrogation with Greg (The black guy)/just finished the "adventure" with the three kids

chiakisan

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Nice! I remember those scenes vividly. It will be nice to be able to read them in my native language =]

OP
Twisted

Twisted

Reputation score

I had plans to release a WIP once the village chief gets bedridden but that seems to be further in than I remember(unless it's right after the second interrogation), but I'm thinking of putting up a WIP for it how it is now