What's new

[Complete - Full] シノビバスター ミズナ (Shinobi Buster Mizuna) Translation Progress

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: シノビバスター ミズナ (Shinobi Buster Mizuna) Translation Progress

Help me up fam.
How to solve the door riddle?

Yeah - that's the basement door riddle I referred to earlier. I HATE just trying random combinations over and over until something magically works (unless there is a clue I am missing?)

rizo

Reputation score

This circle has a bunch of titles - they did the Gun Sweepers (Ghost House, Zombie Zone), the Bounty Hunters 1 and 2, and several more I haven't fully explored. Only a couple are translated - I think BH1 is a complete and BH2 is about 1/3 done (dammit Rrezz!), the Gun Sweepers are partialed. I may be missing something but looking at DLSite there may be close to a dozen releases by them since 2010...
Oh thanks for the reply. I tried looking for a translated version of BH but no luck. AS for the rest don't think I'll bother as I only really play them if they're full translations. If possible could you point me in the right direction for the english patch of BH?

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Here's a link to his translation but with few things corrected, like the UI text, some skill names and few other things that I personally was annoyed with while I was playing.

Thanks for the translation.

EDIT:

Translated the images that were in Japanese and corrected few other things.

EDIT2:

Removed coz I'm "deliberately" trying to make a free translation better and share it with public.

Last edited:

Hoboy

Reputation score

Oh thanks for the reply. I tried looking for a translated version of BH but no luck. AS for the rest don't think I'll bother as I only really play them if they're full translations. If possible could you point me in the right direction for the english patch of BH?
I was mistaken - in looking back through what I have, this is the first fully translated title by the circle. Oh well - sorry for getting your hopes up...:eek:

rizo

Reputation score

I was mistaken - in looking back through what I have, this is the first fully translated title by the circle. Oh well - sorry for getting your hopes up...:eek:
Aww was hyped too I love rpg games and getting different outfits on it, you know any other games like that? I've tried all the well known ones but wondered if you knew any not so well known ones. :p

Vultuderp

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thank you elfloren! You are a god and savior in a world full of sad-partial translations.

By the way someone have a walkthrough I'm completely lost in this game.

Hoboy

Reputation score

Yeah - that's the basement door riddle I referred to earlier. I HATE just trying random combinations over and over until something magically works (unless there is a clue I am missing?)
Never mind - looked through the original pre-trans thread and found it buried under pic saying "how to get past this" - answer is to go back to the rock that had to be moved to get in there and just move it back to it's original position...

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hmm. Finally booted up the game to check out the translation....

Not sure if it's just the opening, but the dialogue is kinda Engrish.

Is English not your first language?
It's miles better than trying to use AGTH but it's still pretty wonky.

I mean, translating the enemy ninja's name as "Darkness fox" seems a little odd on it's own, given that it seems to just be the meaning of her name. (Yamiko)
Surely you'd just call her by her name?
Plus, the description for the straw sandals is "normal straws" (perhaps it should be "Normal sandals" ?

Still, it's good enough that I can finally tell what the plot is about. So I'll thank you for that. +rep.

I'll check out Kyrptonite's edited version and see what's diffrent.

Last edited:
OP
elfloren

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nope, no machine translation... The opening might have been bad, since I did that when I started working on the translation a year ago. I'll keep that in mind.

About Darkness Fox, I was thinking of calling her Yamiko, Monkeyman would be Saruo, etc etc...In the end I just used the former, doing the same for the five of them(Darkness Fox, Wolfman, Monkeyman, Businessman and Crow).

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nope, no machine translation... The opening might have been bad, since I did that when I started working on the translation a year ago. I'll keep that in mind.

About Darkness Fox, I was thinking of calling her Yamiko, Monkeyman would be Saruo, etc etc...In the end I just used the former, doing the same for the five of them(Darkness Fox, Wolfman, Monkeyman, Businessman and Crow).
I can understand that for animals, but isn't Yamiko the game of the actual character? Like Mizuna is the name of the main character.

Either way, I see you've just updated to version 1.1.3.

Does that new version also include krypts corrections? If it does I'll just update from 1.1.1 instead of using his.

OP
elfloren

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I can understand that for animals, but isn't Yamiko the game of the actual character? Like Mizuna is the name of the main character.

Either way, I see you've just updated to version 1.1.3.

Does that new version also include krypts corrections? If it does I'll just update from 1.1.1 instead of using his.
No they don't. Just read his post and decided to have a look at them, fixing some. You're free to keep his fixed version if you want to.

Tbh, all I wanted was for people to message me about typos and such, but apparently kR1pt0n1t3 thought it would be prudent to take the law into his own hands. I don't support the notion, not since I specifically did mention that I wanted to be messaged about the errors. Otherwise, I would just dump the translation here and not give a damn, moving on to something else.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

No they don't. Just read his post and decided to have a look at them, fixing some. You're free to keep his fixed version if you want to.

Tbh, all I wanted was for people to message me about typos and such, but apparently kR1pt0n1t3 thought it would be prudent to take the law into his own hands. I don't support the notion, not since I specifically did mention that I wanted to be messaged about the errors. Otherwise, I would just dump the translation here and not give a damn, moving on to something else.
Fair enough. if i spot any typos i'll post em here for you then.

For the most part though, it feels more like an issue with clumsy wording than actual errors.

I'll make a list regardless.

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You'll free to use whatever from my corrections and add to yours, that includes the images I translated also from Japanese to English. I also changed the icons for states from Japanese letters to standard RPG icons.

There are so many things wrong with ui/skill stuff that it was just easier to correct them than to tell you to change it. The whole status screen took me 30 min to correct and changes positions of the elements and stuff. Image translation took another 30 min.

It's your translation I just corrected few things that bothered me. If you're offended in any way, just say and I'll remove the link.

Cracklemere

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

You fucking badass Elfloren!

Rep rep rep rep rep and a thousand metaphoric rounds of applause :D

GreyInu

Demon Girl
Reputation score

This is some fantastic stuff, thanks a lot.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ok, I just lost a fight with the sexchange jutsu up and got a crash. Looks like it was looking for Defeat2 soundfile and couldn't find it. Lost basically all my progress.

Also, something seems up with the Tengu. You can only learn so many skills from him before Mizuna starts saying "I know that" when you try to learn another. (before even getting to the list where you pick a new one.)

OP
elfloren

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You'll free to use whatever from my corrections and add to yours, that includes the images I translated also from Japanese to English. I also changed the icons for states from Japanese letters to standard RPG icons.

There are so many things wrong with ui/skill stuff that it was just easier to correct them than to tell you to change it. The whole status screen took me 30 min to correct and changes positions of the elements and stuff. Image translation took another 30 min.

It's your translation I just corrected few things that bothered me. If you're offended in any way, just say and I'll remove the link.
No don't remove it, I just believe there was a more polite way to do it.. It's like you're working on an application, then someone deliberately comes and says "I created a better version of your app, no need to thank me." I don't need someone to do what I'm supposed to do. I want to correct my work myself. If you want, I can add your images in my translation, since I wasn't going to translate those.

Ok, I just lost a fight with the sexchange jutsu up and got a crash. Looks like it was looking for Defeat2 soundfile and couldn't find it. Lost basically all my progress.

Also, something seems up with the Tengu. You can only learn so many skills from him before Mizuna starts saying "I know that" when you try to learn another. (before even getting to the list where you pick a new one.)
I'll try recreating those, but they shouldn't be happening because of the translation, since I didn't mess up with anything except the translated parts themselves.

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

No don't remove it, I just believe there was a more polite way to do it.. It's like you're working on an application, then someone deliberately comes and says "I created a better version of your app, no need to thank me." I don't need someone to do what I'm supposed to do. I want to correct my work myself. If you want, I can add your images in my translation, since I wasn't going to translate those.
I don't see it that way and there was nothing "deliberate" about it.

The way I see it, there's an application that's free and is open to anyone who wants to mod it. I just personally changed few things to are to my liking. I'll just keep my version to myself since you have problems with it.

Thanks again for the translation.

Hoboy

Reputation score

I'll just keep my version to myself since you have problems with it.
Sorry, but I have to add - no one said they had problems with anything other than the way you just threw this out there without talking with Elfloren at all. I have been updating with each patch as they fly in but a little coordination seems appropriate. I didn't pay attention to the whole blow up that created HRPG Heaven in the first place but a little give and take and common courtesy should lead to a better cooperative environment for development in this particular project...

OP
elfloren

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I couldn't get any of those errors. I tried losing with the sexchange technique on, and I got no error, just the regular H scene. This could be related to a certain enemy, so could you say which one so I can look more into it?

About the Tengu, I tried learning all techniques and could learn them normally. It could have something to do with a particular skill learned, or with the order the skills were obtained?