What's new

[Complete - Full] [RJ139385] Rune's Pharmacy

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [RJ139385] Rune's Pharmacy

That sounds like Prim's Robes, but I dunno if the name makes any sense for that item...

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

On RPGMaker Trans related questions:

1) Fields which aren't covered by RPGMaker Trans: This is one of the problems with the current architecture of RPGMaker Trans; it's "one-size fits all". What seemed like a good idea at the time I designed it a few years ago has become an Achilles heel as more and more games have gotten custom data structures. And adding the extra fields will cause a lot of harm on other games by filling the patch with stuff that doesn't need to be translated. The good news is that this will be fixed for RPGMaker Trans V5, which will allow selection of contexts by Regex's where it's necessary. Expect this to be released some time next month.
2) Ruby Scripts: The Ruby script parser is a bit broken - again a known issue. RPGMaker Trans V5 is going to be fixing this (by migrating to a parser from the Pygments library). I had originally planned to release a v4.4 with the new parser, but it turns out there's quite a few corner cases I need to sort out still and I want to change the file format so that script entries no longer have quotes etc (currently there can be issues when Scripts reference Labels), so I think it's probably best to hold off on this change until v5.

So, in summary: all of this is known issues. Wait until next month for RPGMaker Trans V5, and all should be fixed.

Oh, and incidentally, you could use the syntax for multiple translations for the same string to translate the Items command with RPGMaker Trans - . Set the required translation to "Item" and the other translations to "アイテム" as required.

Last edited:

Nidjo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Discovered this gem today, wanted to say thank you for translating this. The art in the CGs is phenomenal imo

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Discovered this gem today, wanted to say thank you for translating this. The art in the CGs is phenomenal imo
I know that's why I can't wait on this getting complete. I know it will take a while but it's worth waiting. You know of any more games like this with this style of art. In english :p

Sigfried

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I know what you mean about the neg reps... I got a few neg rep on my walkthroughs with thanks as comment...
Guess someone needs to prove that Einstein is right about infinity.
I know this adds nothing to the translation topic, but neg repping is weird.
I was once neg repped for my opions regarding a disliked fetish.
The comment was "keep your opinions to yourself".

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've been neg-repped a few times. A couple of times during the argument I had over Rhode's Fortress, once for triple-posting (I wanted to make sure people knew what I was up to) and once for apparently making someone's "eyes bleed" because I wanted to address each item individually rather than as a block quote (which took a stupid amount of extra typing, but anyway) and once for actuallu being helpful.

Back to the matter at hand, I thought about trying to (at least) partial this... but I had a couple of things on my plate already. Happy to see someone do what I couldn't as I like the mechanics of this game as well as the art. Keep it up, hoofiewoofie, we're all rooting for you!

Gfurst

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey hoofiewoofie, just tried out the translation, looking pretty good, please keep up the good work, I'm really looking forward to it and this game definitely deserves a translation.
One question though, I was under the impression that you're building a rpgm-trans patch, but in your download I just find several of the same files provided by the update in the other thread. So what is it?

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I don't know where you got that impression.
Although I would heartily endorse RPGMTrans, it's not without its own set of problems. Also (and more importantly) I think hoofiewoofie is more comfortable with the method he/she's using at the moment.

OP
H

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I use RPGMTrans at my end in case the developer needs to update stuff, as you may have guessed ;). But the reason why I initially didn't give out the RPGMTrans patch itself is that several important parts of the game are inaccessible via RPGMTrans; instead I have to go into the rvdata files using RPGMaker itself to translate these directly. Which is super annoying -_-. In any case, the only practical way (not that I gave much thought for other options :p) to distribute the translation is what I'm doing now.

If "update in the other thread" refers to Libellule's version, the difference is that mine is translated to english and the other is the original, untranslated patch from v1.0 to v1.09 :). (We're on 1.09 right now, right?)

Someone was worried that I might have dropped the translation project because I haven't been around for two weeks. It's just that dialogue is much denser than translating items here and there. Due to the subject content, updates for the translation will be much slower. Sorry for that :(.

I also have to finish the game :p so that I will actually know the context for the dialogue. For instance, I only recently realized that I translated the description of the "Ball" key item as "Slum boy's lost tapioca" instead of something more like "Slum boy Tapioca's lost ball" because I didn't know that Tapioca was a person. LOL. Similarly, one of the more major context problems that I still haven't found in the game is the quest from some Remmanu guy outside the brothel (I found the person but I think my corruption isn't high enough to get the quest yet). Until then, the quest info in the quest book is untranslated, sorry :(.

Since this got lost in my previous post, I'm putting it in bigger font.

What does 浴精回数 (in status sex experience) and ウィンドウ消去 (Press W key for... something) mean?

sotonto

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

What does 浴精回数 (in status sex experience) and ウィンドウ消去 (Press W key for... something) mean?
Bukkake count and close text window. Come on, those weren't even hard.

rizo

Reputation score

I'm just happy you're translating this, i loved the small bit i played which was translated. Glad you popped back in to let us know what's up though :) thanks.

OP
H

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Bukkake count and close text window. Come on, those weren't even hard.
Lol, my fail. I was panicking about the actual kanji themselves when I intuitively already knew what they were if I just stopped to think about it :(. Thanks!

Gfurst

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I use RPGMTrans at my end in case the developer needs to update stuff, as you may have guessed ;). But the reason why I initially didn't give out the RPGMTrans patch itself is that several important parts of the game are inaccessible via RPGMTrans; instead I have to go into the rvdata files using RPGMaker itself to translate these directly. Which is super annoying -_-. In any case, the only practical way (not that I gave much thought for other options :p) to distribute the translation is what I'm doing now.

If "update in the other thread" refers to Libellule's version, the difference is that mine is translated to english and the other is the original, untranslated patch from v1.0 to v1.09 :). (We're on 1.09 right now, right?)
Alright.... so really I think its easier to translate most of the game with rpgm-trans utility....
you really don't need to share the whole update package for the translations, you need the data/ folder, or even better if you knew exactly which files changed, you do only need to share those (and it also makes it less likely to break if another updates comes around).
The main game translation it self is indeed easier to share with the patch (rpgm-trans), even though the user has to apply that manually, is pretty more secure of screwing things over. (like mixing outdated files and etc)

If I remember correctly, Libellule himself told me about an application he used to differentiate between update and original game version. You could use this and run your translation version against the jap-last version and it should give exactly which files have been changed.

Either way, good to hear you're keeping up with the translation, Gambate.

OP
H

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

"Woohoo, I translated so much this time!! Let's go play the game now~~ :D:D :):). ... wait, it looks like I didn't do anything at all, did I patch it correctly? ... oh, I guess from farther away that wasn't really all that much... :(:(:(" ...anyone happen to have read the Phantom Tollbooth? Well, next time I'll stop avoiding translating the town since there's so much important stuff there, but it's just that... you know, there's a lot of stuff there.

I decided to follow Gfurst's advice to a small degree by supplying both the complete update/translation and the translation data folder itself, which is much simpler.

For this update, I realized that several of my battle system translations have the wrong subject/object relationship, and I never noticed b/c I usually skip combat messages :p. Anyone notice stuff like "Mandrake inflicted 280 damage to the enemy!" whenever you attack someone? o_O

On another topic, my current translation for the name of this particular item is absolutely ridiculous. I'm hoping I just misinterpreted something. Anyone want to give it a shot?

Item: 10才からの酪農
Description: Book that teaches you recipes for Antera cheese, Minotaur Beef, and Breast Pumps.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I would hazard at 10 years of dairy farming or 10 dairy farming skills but that second one is kind of bland. Prefer the first one, myself.

rizo

Reputation score

Thanks for the update :) This is one of the games I'm most excited for getting a full translation so take your time. I know it will take long but it will be worth it in the end. :)

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Quick question: How close is the translation to becoming a partial? (UI translation,status,quests (if it has) etc.)

OP
H

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It's pretty much done at the moment. There are just a few words here and there that I forgot to translate or couldn't figure out where to translate, and then the materials reference list which doesn't show the properties of the items. That last part won't get translated until the RPGMakerTrans update comes out hopefully. Speaking of which, I should check that...

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

It's pretty much done at the moment. There are just a few words here and there that I forgot to translate or couldn't figure out where to translate, and then the materials reference list which doesn't show the properties of the items. That last part won't get translated until the RPGMakerTrans update comes out hopefully. Speaking of which, I should check that...
So i started playing and i noticed that the "title" or whatever it is after the character's name on status screen, some location and item names that appear when you get them are also extremely squished to the point they cannot be read. Maybe its due to the wierd font the game uses? Perhaps if there is a way to reverse it to the default of Ace it might not be squished. Or make the font size smaller on those names so it fits the "text" boxes?

Last edited:
OP
H

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yeah... the text shrinks when there are too many characters to display within a defined width. I haven't found any workarounds except to decrease the text content, which is not always practical. Have any other translators found better solutions for this?