What's new

[Complete - Full] [RJ139385] Rune's Pharmacy

1micio1

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RJ139385] Rune's Pharmacy

Does anyone have a 1.10 link?:)
in the text on the first post there is the full 1.10 game already patched with the last translation.

OP
H

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I spent several frustrating hours looking through the code and finally figured out how to draw text a few pixels to the right :eek:. On the status/skill screens, Rune's title (e.g. "Town Pharmacist") should not be scrunched up anymore b/c I gave it some extra space (at the cost of HP/MP bar space for the skill screen). Since the code was so convoluted I'm not sure if there will be visual artifacts elsewhere... I also went directly to the code to bypass RPGMakerTrans bugging out on fame/corruption, so now the main menu has english terms! :D

Now that I'm translating the H-scenes seriously... I can't stop laughing. It looks absolutely ridiculous when you read the text by itself, because half of it is sound effects and it takes FOREVER (average 80 dialogues in ~60 scenes, which IMO is overkill). The experience is a little better in-game, but still... Anyway, since I had issues w/ simply transliterating all the sfx last update, I took a lot of liberty in adding/removing stuff and playing around with letters to fit into English a little better. You may or may not notice the style changing b/w scenes depending on when I translated them o_O.

Also translated the Materials dictionary. Let's hope the developer doesn't decide to release an update tomorrow...

Bucketofwater

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Can I get a link for the 1.10 version? Or will the 1.09 work with the patch?

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I spent several frustrating hours looking through the code and finally figured out how to draw text a few pixels to the right :eek:. On the status/skill screens, Rune's title (e.g. "Town Pharmacist") should not be scrunched up anymore b/c I gave it some extra space (at the cost of HP/MP bar space for the skill screen). Since the code was so convoluted I'm not sure if there will be visual artifacts elsewhere... I also went directly to the code to bypass RPGMakerTrans bugging out on fame/corruption, so now the main menu has english terms! :D

Now that I'm translating the H-scenes seriously... I can't stop laughing. It looks absolutely ridiculous when you read the text by itself, because half of it is sound effects and it takes FOREVER (average 80 dialogues in ~60 scenes, which IMO is overkill). The experience is a little better in-game, but still... Anyway, since I had issues w/ simply transliterating all the sfx last update, I took a lot of liberty in adding/removing stuff and playing around with letters to fit into English a little better. You may or may not notice the style changing b/w scenes depending on when I translated them o_O.

Also translated the Materials dictionary. Let's hope the developer doesn't decide to release an update tomorrow...
Oh that's a nice edit, always good having text fit properly and not all bunched up. Nice to see you're pacing your way through it and not getting burnt out. When do you estimate you'll release an update to the translation, with more h-scenes done etc...

OP
H

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So far it seems that I tend to have a new update in 3 or 4 weeks. By that point I'll have half of the H-scenes done optimistically, or at the very least a third, plus any random tiny edits that I find I need to do.

Also PM me if you need a link.

rizo

Reputation score

Oh that's cool, the tiny bit I played of this game was awesome. I'd love to play more with the current translation but I'm a sucker for having to have the h-scenes in English to enjoy it so I'll just wait it out :)

Gfurst

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Me too, holding on to my dick for it :eek:

rizo

Reputation score

So far it seems that I tend to have a new update in 3 or 4 weeks. By that point I'll have half of the H-scenes done optimistically, or at the very least a third, plus any random tiny edits that I find I need to do.

Also PM me if you need a link.
So how's it coming along?
Where you being optimistic hoping to get half the h-scenes done in 4 weeks? :p

OP
H

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

FINISHED!

...with the next update. Still holding on to your dick there? :D

As for whether I made my 50% by now... I got pretty close in terms of word count I think, but as I'm measuring by H-scenes in the CG room, I only made it to 39%... :( I get pretty bored translating H-scene after H-scene since a good number of them sound almost the same, so it's been slow. Not looking forward to tackling that 563-line scene...:eek: (about a fourth of the text isn't stuff I need to translate at least) In contrast, a good number of H-scenes in the CG room are normal-monster H-scenes, which are about half as long as the others, so those will definitely be refreshing once I get to them.

I did notice that some of Rune's, um, partners, have different speech character, so I tried to translate that into English, resultin' in talkin' like Hagrid fer example. Except in Japanese it's usually verbal tics at the end of a sentence rather than an accent, so tell me if there are any speech styles you think I misinterpreted. I also added in some speech variations on my own because I thought it would add variety. But since I'm the one reading H-scene after H-scene, maybe it's only for my own benefit o_O.

I have an untranslated term I need help with: 渡す相手. It appears in the Mansion quest listings in the spot where other quests would say "Client". I've left it alone before b/c I couldn't see how my understanding of the characters makes sense, but now I think this is like the fifth time I've ignored it so... anybody have ideas?

rizo

Reputation score

FINISHED!

...with the next update. Still holding on to your dick there? :D

As for whether I made my 50% by now... I got pretty close in terms of word count I think, but as I'm measuring by H-scenes in the CG room, I only made it to 39%... :( I get pretty bored translating H-scene after H-scene since a good number of them sound almost the same, so it's been slow. Not looking forward to tackling that 563-line scene...:eek: (about a fourth of the text isn't stuff I need to translate at least) In contrast, a good number of H-scenes in the CG room are normal-monster H-scenes, which are about half as long as the others, so those will definitely be refreshing once I get to them.

I did notice that some of Rune's, um, partners, have different speech character, so I tried to translate that into English, resultin' in talkin' like Hagrid fer example. Except in Japanese it's usually verbal tics at the end of a sentence rather than an accent, so tell me if there are any speech styles you think I misinterpreted. I also added in some speech variations on my own because I thought it would add variety. But since I'm the one reading H-scene after H-scene, maybe it's only for my own benefit o_O.

I have an untranslated term I need help with: 渡す相手. It appears in the Mansion quest listings in the spot where other quests would say "Client". I've left it alone before b/c I couldn't see how my understanding of the characters makes sense, but now I think this is like the fifth time I've ignored it so... anybody have ideas?
Thanks for the update, yes dicks are still in hand :p I can see it getting tiring doing h-scene after h-scene too. On the bright side you're nearly done... :p
As for 渡す相手 I did google translate and it gave me "opponent to pass" So maybe it could be someone or something you need to beat/pass for the quest... I don't know any Japanese so don't take my word for it though, just my thought. :)
Thanks again for the update.

vladislav4

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I don't speak Japanese either, but do you at least know what the gist of the mission's context is? These Jisho entries might help.

rizo

Reputation score

After playing through it a bit ( I'm still near the beginning ) The old man at the bar is still in Japanese he says something about 200 which I think is lewdness and so are some of the people sitting around also untranslated, I'm curious how much of the side quests have been translated, I'd love to know which quests to avoid if they're not translated. Also when I steal from the sword-smith shop then go back the next day I get an error and game crashes :/. Just thought I'd let you know, Still going to play through it a little more later to see what's happening in the story :p Keep being awesome :) Can't wait for this to be finished! It's such an awesome game!

Last edited:

4lurk3r

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

As far as I can recall from a relatively base version of the game, all mansion quests involve Rune passing requested objects over to the girl in the mansion. Looking up those Jisho entries, "渡す相手" probably has the meaning "the other party to pass the object to" in this context, so a translation would be, uh, I dunno, "recipient"?

OP
H

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Ah, "Recipient" makes the most sense. Thanks! I was too focused on what the "partner" aspect was referring to, if you know what I mean... (though I still don't see how "Client" wouldn't suffice since you give items to other random townspeople too...)

As for which side quests I've translated so far... I don't really know o_O. Also note that sometimes (though rarely) lone untranslated dialogues will appear in the midst of english either because I forgot to translate them or because RPGMakerTrans stuffed the line somewhere else. Not much you can do about avoiding untranslated parts, sorry...

Quite a few people have had issues with crashing at the blacksmith. It seems that unzipping the game in Japanese locale works. And of course, make sure you have v1.10 :D

Last edited:

blubbat0r

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Op was last updated 2 weeks ago, author was online 3 days ago... I wouldn't count that as "gone".

Augustus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Didn't saw that.

It is that the game is on 1.12 already, and seemly his last updated was on 1.10...

rizo

Reputation score

It's been quite a while since last update, hopefully all is well.
And maybe we can see the complete translation or near it soon. :)