What's new

[Complete - Full] [RJ139385] Rune's Pharmacy

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [RJ139385] Rune's Pharmacy

I don't think so mate, have you never seen a DMCA link pretty much every direct-link/torrent/image site?
I never tried following one of these links but my guess is pretty much no one is going question or verify your claim, they just assume the claim is right a let you make a counter claim if you indeed have the rights.
Um, that's pretty much what I said. DMCA requires a good faith claim from the copyright holder or someone authorized on their behalf. Now obviously there can be people who submit fraudulent claims, but unless the hosting provider has reason to believe the claim is not being made in good faith, they have to honor it. Of course, it could challenging if the claim was made in good faith could be one aspect of a counterclaim notice.

As to if fan translations are fair use? No, they're not. Going into legal babble, a translation of a work is considered a derived, but independently copyrightable work. If you have permission from the original creator (like, for example, my VPM translation), then you have the full protections of copyright law, and all the rights that entails. But without permission, you got nothing, and are a valid target for takedowns etc. Whether or not it makes sense to suppress fan translations is another matter entirely. Most of the big game companies don't. Heck, there's quite a few instances of fan translations being officially licensed. But that is a whole other kettle of fish.

Now it's probably best to get back on the topic of Rune's Pharmacy translation and where it can be hosted. I've personally had good times hosting my patch's on Assembla (friendly ToS+AUP, version control, download hosting) and not had any issues with takedowns being submitted. While this might be because one of my patch's has permission, I suspect it's because Assembla does not appear to have a streamlined DMCA procedure for whatever reason.

ipse

Reputation score

Anyone can re-upload link? Please??

OP
H

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Should be up now. I'm surprised it actually got taken down, b/c it's just a text file with practically nothing in it o_O. If it gets removed again I'll try obfuscating the text inside xD.

I finished my scholarly endeavors this afternoon, so I can start putting more effort into translating now. Next up is translating... uh, more stuff! (we'll just see what happens)

Last edited:

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Should be up now. I'm surprised it actually got taken down, b/c it's just a text file with practically nothing in it o_O. If it gets removed again I'll try obfuscating the text inside xD.
that because you posted a mega link in a thread named Rune's Pharmacy

your down notice come from unidam.com, they use robot to search link/thread and launch auto action on it
i get a lot of Rune's Pharmacy link taken down by them too, until i just give the mega link in a txt by attachment, there robot dont get files from attachment =)

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

this game is so much better with what youve translated so far :)

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

After playing for a while and getting to untranslated stuff I stopped to not spoil it for myself :p but oh my is this game pretty.
Can't wait to be able to play it and understand what's going on.
Keep the good work coming. :)

FinalCloud

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Link is down =( Anyone got a link? Waiting on applying this to play through this one.

Last edited:
OP
H

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Took Libellule's advice. No more takedowns I hope. Take that bots!

For the past few days I focused mostly on getting items translated. It's almost done! After that, I get to hunt around the patch files to get the rest of the menu translated, and then this partial partial will become a full partial after which I can start working on the partial full to become a full full.

That being said, there are a few stubborn terms that I just can't figure out. Anyone want to help? :):):)

Code:
Format:
Untranslated name (romaji for the katakana, because they may sound like something in english)
Translated description.

プリムスラーブス (Burimusuraabusu)
Staff said to have sealed a monster long ago.

破龍爪円舞
Claw Skill. Deals damage to a single enemy. Ignores Defense.

かめごうら割り
Staff skill. Deals a powerful attack to a single enemy
and lowers its DEF. Ignores DEF.

八相
Increases the user's ATK and DEF slightly for 5 turns.

とりつき
Lowers the target's EVA.
(slime restrains Rune by coiling around her feet)

ライベクーヘン (Raibekuuhen)
Grated potatoes made into pancakes.

カラドラグラ (Karadoragura)
Roots of plants with strong magical power. (According to google searches, this seems to be a Rune's Pharmacy-only term O_o).

フューエル燃土
Warm, flammable soil. Smells like Crayons.

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

プリムスラーブス - Primus Slur <-Made up weapon name.

かめごうら割り <- Have no clue.

八相 - Hasso Stance or Hasso No Kamae <- It's one of the stances in Kendo. This is the 4th one. Stance of Hasso

とりつき - Cling <Slime jumps on you and grabs you

ライベクーヘン - Potato Pancake

カラドラグラ - Caladragra <- Made up herb name

フューエル燃土 - Fuel Soil <- Flammable earth that can be used as a fuel

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Less confident on this than I'd like, but it fits the context (and kR1pt0n1t3 has the rest done):

かめごうら割り: Tortoise Belly Breaker

(Note: literally this would be Tortoise Underside Breaker, but in English that's the Tortoise's Belly)

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My tools are returning Turtle Belly Splitter for かめごうら割り...

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My tools are returning Turtle Belly Splitter for かめごうら割り...
Also good, but I prefer Breaker for a) indicating an ongoing DEF down and b) alliteration. Got to go for alliteration.

Incidentally, the reason I was unsure is because there's an extra letter in there which I didn't use in my translation, but something I've learned with Japanese skill names is that sometimes extra letters do get shoved in to make the name sound a certain way - normally a reference to something. Makes it a pain for translators, especially those (like me) who don't have a full grasp of Japanese culture and therefore might miss the reference.

Which I almost certainly have here.

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Took Libellule's advice. No more takedowns I hope. Take that bots!

For the past few days I focused mostly on getting items translated. It's almost done! After that, I get to hunt around the patch files to get the rest of the menu translated, and then this partial partial will become a full partial after which I can start working on the partial full to become a full full.

That being said, there are a few stubborn terms that I just can't figure out. Anyone want to help? :):):)

Code:
Format:
Untranslated name (romaji for the katakana, because they may sound like something in english)
Translated description.

プリムスラーブス (Burimusuraabusu)
Staff said to have sealed a monster long ago.

破龍爪円舞
Claw Skill. Deals damage to a single enemy. Ignores Defense.

かめごうら割り
Staff skill. Deals a powerful attack to a single enemy
and lowers its DEF. Ignores DEF.

八相
Increases the user's ATK and DEF slightly for 5 turns.

とりつき
Lowers the target's EVA.
(slime restrains Rune by coiling around her feet)

ライベクーヘン (Raibekuuhen)
Grated potatoes made into pancakes.

カラドラグラ (Karadoragura)
Roots of plants with strong magical power. (According to google searches, this seems to be a Rune's Pharmacy-only term O_o).

フューエル燃土
Warm, flammable soil. Smells like Crayons.

Looking forward for the finish of the partial, and hopefully a full one.

Welkin

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Less confident on this than I'd like, but it fits the context (and kR1pt0n1t3 has the rest done):

かめごうら割り: Tortoise Belly Breaker

(Note: literally this would be Tortoise Underside Breaker, but in English that's the Tortoise's Belly)
Turtle Shell Breaker is more logical? It makes more sense for a move to be strong enough crack a turtle`s shell rather than its belly.

When it comes to skill name translation, the Romancing SaGa and other SaGa series have a lot of skills name from its extensive list of wazas that can be look up/referenced when it comes to attack names.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So, someone neg-repped me with the comment "Bragging about your translation skills when you can't even spot basic typos. ごうら should be こうら=甲羅=Shell splitter."

I'd disagree that I'm 'bragging' about my translation skills; I've always been quite clear that I am not a native Japanese speaker, and I recently made a post stating point blank that I do think occasional mistakes in a fan-translation are OK, and any reasonable translation is better than none. As to the proposed translation, it seems sensible (with the full version being "Tortoise Shell Splitter"), but I do worry that there might be a reason behind the apparent typo which is to make the words sound a certain way to reference something else (which is another thing I posted about).

Obviously I can't see who made that comment, but would more knowledgeable people on Japanese like to post publicly here (obviously without any link to the comment made)? Ignoring the fact that I'd disagree with the accusation of bragging, the comment actually is useful, agree's with Welkin's suggesion, and really should be posted in the thread rather than communicated via rep messages.

Welkin

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I know what you mean about the neg reps... I got a few neg rep on my walkthroughs with thanks as comment...
Guess someone needs to prove that Einstein is right about infinity.

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I know what you mean about the neg reps... I got a few neg rep on my walkthroughs with thanks as comment...
Guess someone needs to prove that Einstein is right about infinity.
I dont think the main point was about stupidity or neg reps.
The thing he disliked was the anonymous thing, cause he wanted to discuss it with him.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I dont think the main point was about stupidity or neg reps.
The thing he disliked was the anonymous thing, cause he wanted to discuss it with him.
Eh, I'm grouchy about lots of stuff in any case.

But the main point is this is someone who clearly knows more about Japanese than I do, and took the effort to correct me, but chose to do so in a private, anonymous setting. I'd much rather be corrected in public, and I'd certainly like whomever did so to volunteer their knowledge in other, similar cases.

OP
H

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

And the winner is... Tortoise Shell Splitter! :p Thanks for the help, guys :) I originally thought プリムスラーブス was separated into プリム and スラーブス, which would have been... Prim Slobs? A very legendary name for a legendary weapon indeed... o_O. Now it's Primus Robbs, which still sucks but it's not so bad :(.

And with that, 95% of the partial is done! ...depending on how you count it... Now onto the details of why it's not 100%:

There's a lot of untranslated stuff in the Items Reference menu. I found out where to translate it (pic in spoiler below), but... it looks like a very long job, and it would really suck if the developer wants to patch the game again. A similar problem is finding important text in Comments, which is how the Quest List is built. Is there some utility someone made, or is maybe coming up in a future RPGMakerTrans version, that can decode/encode a specific rvdata2 file for a particular type of text?
Except I can't post URLs yet -_- i63.tinypic.com/2n1i1rp.jpg
And then there are a few terms here and there that I either forgot about or had a hard time making sense of the text to translate. I need to continue actually playing the game again before finishing up these untranslated sections.

Also @habisain concerning RPGMakerTrans again, there's this error below during patching. I'm thinking it might be tied to why I can't seem to translate "Fame" and "Corruption" in the menu. For both scripts, the reported string (at 90:2410 in this case) is just the character a few spaces from the end of the file, even if I add extra lines for fun, so I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with the actual problem.
Code:
Error parsing Script 名声値: String out of bounds: RubyParserState(string=..'\n'.., index=2490, ruleStack=['Base', 'SingleQuote']) # 90:2410; leaving untranslated
Error parsing Script 堕蕩値: String out of bounds: RubyParserState(string=..'\n'.., index=2474, ruleStack=['Base', 'SingleQuote']) # 90:2394; leaving untranslated
Other translation notes:
  • I figured out how to display "Items" and "Materials" in the items menu! Though I don't understand the code... I can't translate it directly through RPGMakerTrans unfortunately, b/c it attacks all "アイテム", even if I delete the line in the patch file.
    This works!
    Code:
      #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      # ◇ カテゴリの設定
      COMMANDS = ["アイテム", "素材", :equip, :key_item]

# ◇ カテゴリ名の設定
      VOCAB_COMMANDS = {}
      VOCAB_COMMANDS["アイテム"]     = [591, "Items"]
      VOCAB_COMMANDS["素材" ]     = [202, "Materials"]
  • A bunch of small maps have been translated. Small as in, having very little text inside. But together, they probably add up to... less than 1% of the game text? :(
  • I was able to go back over a lot of text I had previously skipped and translated them. I think this means my japanese grammar has leveled up! :D Some lines still resist translation though...
  • After much headache, I finally realized that if you made your save before I had translated ルネ to Rune some time ago, that save file will be stuck with ルネ for the rest of the game...
  • Some terms that I'm having trouble with: 浴精回数 (status sex experience); ウィンドウ消去 (Press W key for... something). Anyone have any clue?