What's new

[Complete - Full] [RJ139385] Rune's Pharmacy

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [RJ139385] Rune's Pharmacy

So i started playing and i noticed that the "title" or whatever it is after the character's name on status screen, some location and item names that appear when you get them are also extremely squished to the point they cannot be read. Maybe its due to the wierd font the game uses? Perhaps if there is a way to reverse it to the default of Ace it might not be squished. Or make the font size smaller on those names so it fits the "text" boxes?
If you want to solve that issue, you can use my partial and combine it with his. Mine is about 95% and I doubt I'll ever finish it... It's been sitting at 95% for months now. I usually edit scripts myself so ui text fits nicely on the screen so there is no text overlapping. Although in this game class names are damn long and that's the only thing that might overlap on some screen but everything except those should fit nicely on screen.

You can also just copy/paste "Scripts.rvdata2" to your data directory to apply those changes. That should also fix the problem with UI text.

Anyway here's the link to my partial.
One thing to note is that my partial is for v1.07.
It should be safe to copy script file to the new version but that's only under the assumption he didn't add a new script or change one of the existing ones.

Attachments

Last edited:

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I wish I could play this with a partial but I think I'm going to wait on the complete even know it might take a while it will be worth the wait :)

Gfurst

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I wish I could play this with a partial but I think I'm going to wait on the complete even know it might take a while it will be worth the wait :)
Yeah, Please Hoofie we're counting on you.;)

OP
H

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

And I shall deliver! :p

I forgot that July 4 was a holiday so that gave me a lot of time to do some heavy translating :). The game feels much more solid now. It's actually amazing how much more I understand about the game when it's in English, rather than through ChiiTrans... I think I can probably claim that I'm somewhere between a third or a half done with story/quest dialogue, though it's hard to estimate. On the other hand, H-scenes are a significant part of an H-game, so...

Below are two items that aren't really important, but I figure it doesn't hurt to get some input for a better translation. They're both used to craft - *ahem* I mean, brew - high-end weapons/armor.

モモイロカネ
No description. It's obviously some type of peach-colored metal, but what's a kane? Maybe I should just leave it at that?

コロンコット
Also no description. I currently have it as "Coron Cotton" but just like above, should coron actually translate to something, or is it just an arbitrary name?

Also, I found it hilarious when one of the lines I had to translate was exactly the same as one of the lines in the song News 39... you would think that you should encounter song lyrics in everyday life more often, but surprisingly it doesn't happen for phrases longer than like 3 words.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

モモイロカネ
No description. It's obviously some type of peach-colored metal, but what's a kane? Maybe I should just leave it at that?

コロンコット
Also no description. I currently have it as "Coron Cotton" but just like above, should coron actually translate to something, or is it just an arbitrary name?
Kane is Money, or things that can be used for money i.e. Gold. So モモイロカネ is literally Pink Gold, but I think from a jewellery perspective the correct English term is Rose Gold

On the other one... I'm less confident. I'd normally say コロン = Colon, but Colon Cotton sounds rather disgusting. I suspect I've missed something here...

nnescio

Reputation score

On the other one... I'm less confident. I'd normally say コロン = Colon, but Colon Cotton sounds rather disgusting. I suspect I've missed something here...
Cologne Cotton sounds nice. Could also be Collon (referring to a Japanese sweet/biscuit).

Kane is Money, or things that can be used for money i.e. Gold. So モモイロカネ is literally Pink Gold, but I think from a jewellery perspective the correct English term is Rose Gold
金 can also mean metal. The classical names for a lot of Japanese metals are also usually color + kane/gane word compounds (even if they're not usually written that way in kanji). So 鉄(黒金) "Kurogane" (Black metal) means iron, 銅(赤金) "Akagane" (red metal) means copper, 錫(青金) "Aogane" (Blue metal) means tin, 銀(白金) "Shirogane" (White metal means silver, and 金(黄金) "Kogane" (Yellow metal) means gold. 

(The above are older, classical names, and are not normally used except by traditional metal craftsmen, with the possible exception of kurogane for iron. Shirogane is also used for silver, but it generally means silver-colored instead, and is usually written 白銀 to eliminate ambiguity with Hakkin [alternative reading of 白金], which refers to either platinum or white gold alloy.

There's also 鋼(刃金), "Hagane" [Blade metal] meaning steel, but strictly speaking it's not a color + metal combination, and the use of this word is also common in contemporary Japanese.)

Several mythical metals are also named using the same scheme. The most famous one being Hihi'irokane (written variously as 緋々色金, 日緋色金 or 火廣金, "Scarlet Metal", "Sun Scarlet Metal", "Brilliant Metal"). This is usually written as ヒヒイロカネ in fictional fantasy works.

Hihi'irokane is usually translated as orichalum (the closest occidental 'mythical' metal with similar color and properties). The Final Fantasy series translates it as Scarletite instead.

Fantasy authors will sometimes come up with a new name for a metal by just tacking on a color + kane/gane combination, exactly what is being done by PICOPICOSOFT here. This mirrors the practice of some English authors who use (property) + ite or property) + ium/um naming schemes for fictional minerals and materials (-ite is preferred by fantasy authors while -ium/-um is favored by SciFi authors. Compare adamantite in Final Fantasy and adamantium in the Marvel Comics verse).

Using a similar convention as above, we can translate Momoirokane as Peachite, or the better-sounding Roseatite, mirroring the use of Scarletite for Hihi'irokane in the FF series.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Fantasy authors will sometimes come up with a new name for a metal by just tacking on a color + kane/gane combination, exactly what is being done by PICOPICOSOFT here. This mirrors the practice of some English authors who use (property) + ite or property) + ium/um naming schemes for fictional minerals and materials (-ite is preferred by fantasy authors while -ium/-um is favored by SciFi authors. Compare adamantite in Final Fantasy and adamantium in the Marvel Comics verse).
Overall a much better translation and explanation than I could provide. My only quibble with it would be the -ite/-ium explanation. While -ium does appear to be the preserve of SciFi pretty much exclusively, -ite is also used in SciFi. Typically an -ite suffix is used to indicate an ore, which mirrors real life (Chalcopyrite, Limonite, Argentite).

Now, there are some fantasy games which do use -ite in the name of the metal, but personally I would say that is really rather lazy. The Final Fantasy example is an exception to this though, because as far as I can recall the Adamantite found in those games does appear as shards or similar, i.e. not as a refined metal. ( )

So given Nnescio's explanation and the description of the item as a peach colored metal, I'd probably not recommend Roseatite, as that sounds like it's an ore rather than actual metal. Orichalcum would be a decent translation if it's not in there already (Orichalcum is described as being pink). Other translations could be Rosine, Rosium, or perhaps more simple like Peach Steel.

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

wow you look hard to find the better translation :p

just to add some info, the game use a ingot icon, not a ore or shard one ^^

Edit : the game just get a update 1.10 ^^, i prepare you a patch hoofiewoofie and send it to you =)

Last edited:

nnescio

Reputation score

Overall a much better translation and explanation than I could provide. My only quibble with it would be the -ite/-ium explanation. While -ium does appear to be the preserve of SciFi pretty much exclusively, -ite is also used in SciFi. Typically an -ite suffix is used to indicate an ore, which mirrors real life (Chalcopyrite, Limonite, Argentite).

Now, there are some fantasy games which do use -ite in the name of the metal, but personally I would say that is really rather lazy. The Final Fantasy example is an exception to this though, because as far as I can recall the Adamantite found in those games does appear as shards or similar, i.e. not as a refined metal. ( )
True, in real life geology and chemistry -ite is used for minerals and salts (both usually containing chemically bound oxygen), while -ium/-um is used for (usually metallic) elements.

SciFi authors seem to have a greater tendency to follow the above convention 'correctly', compared to Fantasy authors.

Side note, do your perchance play Dwarf Fortress?

So given Nnescio's explanation and the description of the item as a peach colored metal, I'd probably not recommend Roseatite, as that sounds like it's an ore rather than actual metal. Orichalcum would be a decent translation if it's not in there already (Orichalcum is described as being pink). Other translations could be Rosine, Rosium, or perhaps more simple like Peach Steel.
Rosium could work (it is a last name though). Rosine might be confused for rosin though, and it is also a female first name. Not to mention it also means "raisin" in German.

I would recommend using Latin roots all the way in this case. Rose(i)um or maybe Rosaceum.

Rosesteel sounds nice too. Peachsteel is a little bit... I don't know, kid-like, for want of a better word? Could work with the fairy tale-like atmosphere of the game though.

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've not played Dwarf Fortress. I tried once and bounced straight off the interface. Never again. I just remember my Chemistry A-levels, which included a lot of stuff on blast furnaces and the chemical process of turning ores to refined metals.

Anyhow, the graphic is most certainly a refined metal, so I'd go for either Rosaceum (although if we're going for Latin knowledge here, "Rosaceum" would literally translate as 'being pink'/'which is pink'; to specify this is a pink steel, you're looking at something like chalybis rosaceum - Latin is not my strongest language, so be careful here) or Peach Steel. I just like Peach Steel because it can be interpreted as a bit of dirty pun, which may or may not be what's appropriate here.

Last edited:

JAB

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I need Help. After patching the Translation for the game and running Clean The Game, the game is coming up with a error;

Unable to fine file:
Graphics/System/logo

which is weird, because even in the base unaltered game, there is no such file and that runs fine (fine as in still in full Japanese)

For some reason, ULMF is giving me trouble trying to reup the screencap, so this is a link to it from the thread about the game itself.
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/attachment.php?attachmentid=22970&d=1468331207

Last edited:

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I need Help. After patching the Translation for the game and running Clean The Game, the game is coming up with a error;

Unable to fine file:
Graphics/System/logo

which is weird, because even in the base unaltered game, there is no such file and that runs fine (fine as in still in full Japanese)

For some reason, ULMF is giving me trouble trying to reup the screencap, so this is a link to it from the thread about the game itself.
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/attachment.php?attachmentid=22970&d=1468331207
that strange o_O, because the game have a logo file, it's the fac that you dont have it in your unaltered version that strange XD, where did you get your version ?

try to just add in Graphics/System/ the files i give you in attachement

View attachment logo.zip

(in case you miss more file, i send you a link in PM ;))

JAB

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thanks for the logo file.

EDIT: The Logo file worked, but now it is missing the graphic/titles1/title . I copied the Hexagon picture and named it title, and then a new error called graphics/system/RE_002 appeared.

I got the game from a 1.01 torrented version of the game. But again, the version I downloaded starts up fine. I will try repatching. Maybe I have to Clean The Game before putting in the Trans files.

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Great game, love the artwork and sound.

Just to be clear, this is only a partial of the game correct? None of the H-scenes and stuff like that are translated, only menus and some other things?

Hoboy

Reputation score

Great game, love the artwork and sound.

Just to be clear, this is only a partial of the game correct? None of the H-scenes and stuff like that are translated, only menus and some other things?
I'm hoping the Full in the thread title means that and not partial...

OP
H

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Urk, I barely got anything done this time. I'm moving in a few days, so these past few weeks my boss has been pushing me to finish my project :(. I really need to upload v1.10 now though, b/c I won't have strong internet for the next few weeks on my break.

The second problem is that I have issues translating H-scenes. For some parts I keep going back and rewording stuff because it sounded too formal at first (I trashed most of it before uploading today actually), and for other parts, they're not exactly written in standard Japanese... I'm going to d/l some random translated games and see what people do.

On other topics, what I got from that big debate up there is that I can name items whatever I want ;). So I checked out names for different shades of pink on wikipedia and picked the coolest sounding one =D. How does Amaranthium sound? I bet the developer just tacked on a random color anyway, so it's not a big deal... the discussion was pretty interesting to read about though!

By the way, I found and fixed a bug in the game preventing you from buying the second recipe book from the sex shop. None of the recipes are really important, but for completion's sake, it's important!

And yeah, this is approaching a full translation. It's about time I give the OP a makeover.

nobunaga1910

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Nice. Thanks for the update. Good luck with your work project :D:D:D

rizo

Reputation score

Thanks for the update, best of luck with moving :)

Actic

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Does anyone have a 1.10 link?:)