What's new

RPG Unknown/Hiatus Malise and the Machine - Public Demo Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

imirael

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Malise and the Machine - Public Demo Available Now!

Doesn't matter how many times I reach 25 doors and how I pre plan it, it always shows red lights at doors even though they have 25 fuses so going 5 + 20 seems like the only way these fucking doors will accept to open.

I will look for oil though.
Each door/stage takes this many amps to open depending on how far you are in.

5 10 15 25 35 55

3 in a row tends to bump you out.
So AAA for example takes 3*5 and should upgrade you to a ten.
AABB = 10amp(Door 1 slot B) 10amp(door 2 circuit B)
This gets you to AA path on third stage with 10 amps on circuit b. You need 15amp on B to AAB and 25 on B to AABB.
So you need to add 15 amps across 2 stages. thats 10+5. AABBB can't be done with 10 amps as that only gets you to 50, not 55.

For a real doozy, try figuring out what combinations you need to get the circuit board in AABBC or the sick-ass loot in AABBCC.

Penetrating oil is simple. You need to do a 3 or 4 stage run(i forget which) and pick up the fuses fusebot drops when he runs from you getting out the door, and you should have a 20.
CBA is 5C 10B 20A and a circuit board in CBAA can be had for +5amp fuse on A afterwards. should break you even on 20amp fuses.

Edit: Basically you can put fuses into the station if the doors already open. Exploit the shit out of that. As soon as you figure out a steady way to get 20amps you are on the road to winning. Also, you want a bunch of spare 20amps to make use of the circuit boards later.

Reputation score

I would just wait til the 10th when the new version ditches the fuse bit entirely.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So, question - if Neon's top can get ripped off, the vorepups should be able to use their self destruct skill on her. Is that in .05?

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

@Eromancer

Do you have any plans to rebalance the vorepups? It seems to me that when playing straight (not trying to let H-events happen), it's very easy to shut them down compared to any other mob.

I was thinking they could use either very high evasion, or faster attacks to become more of a threat.
Balancing is ongoing process and it will change a lot while battle system evolves, so what you see now is definitely not the final setting.
Vorepups were intended as weak but fast and agile enemy, but last batch of balancing kinda nerfed them a bit too much - we'll fix it sooner or later.

So, question - if Neon's top can get ripped off, the vorepups should be able to use their self destruct skill on her. Is that in .05?
Not counting missing finisher graphics, which should be ready for 0.05 release, everything related to self destruct for Neon's second armor is up and running.

Reputation score

Balancing is ongoing process and it will change a lot while battle system evolves, so what you see now is definitely not the final setting.
Vorepups were intended as weak but fast and agile enemy, but last batch of balancing kinda nerfed them a bit too much - we'll fix it sooner or later.

Not counting missing finisher graphics, which should be ready for 0.05 release, everything related to self destruct for Neon's second armor is up and running.
Yeah but the most important question is: How does Neon's hair work? :confused:

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Have you seen "There's something about Mary?" With the amount of jizz that Neon comes into contact with on a regular basis, there's no shortage of hair gel for her.

Esgaldin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yeah but the most important question is: How does Neon's hair work? :confused:
Perhaps this is some kind super futuristic nano water/bullet-proof hair gel.. =P

DarkShadow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

When will the next public demo release be?

DarkShadow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

How many enemy types are there in the current public demo? Also, will there be a new public demo at some point?

Anyway, I really enjoy the game so far. My only complaint at this point is that I wish there were more H-scenes involving vaginal penetration.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

How many enemy types are there in the current public demo? Also, will there be a new public demo at some point?

Anyway, I really enjoy the game so far. My only complaint at this point is that I wish there were more H-scenes involving vaginal penetration.
The game's really early in development, I don't think you'll have to worry.

In the demo, there are 2 enemies and one boss with H content (Vorepup, Vioreaper, Fleshfather), and 2 more enemies without H content (Big and small robots). In the current and past versions combined, there are an additional 2 enemies (Gasmask dude and Mini fleshfather) and one boss (Giant robot) with H content, and one boss without (So far).

As to whether there's another demo planned, I'll leave the devs to answer that.

I have a few requests of the devs: make all the end-of-battle stuff skippable and add a "retreat" option to battles (Would need mechanics surrounding it so you have to work to be able to do it). A hotkey for switching between characters (Regardless of whether they have a turn ready to take) would be nice. And last thing, is don't let the battle animations interrupt actions, I'd prefer it if all actions were happening concurrently. Engine limitations would probably be a challenge with most of these.

Last edited:

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I think that was a jab at Neon's rather unique hairstyle.
Probably, but I've seen more unique in the RL. AFAIK they don't hold any mysterious powers or hide any weird devices, but that is known only to Eromancer :).

Jesus answered your question about monsters, so I will address other stuff.
There will certainly be another Public Demo, but it's hard to say at this time when or how much content will there be. We want it to be much more polished than the current one, so it will probably take a while.
As for H-scenes, I think there's a bit of everything in the current versions and it's balanced pretty well. That said, everybody has different taste, so someone could say that there's not enough anal, blowjobs, boobjobs, or other stuff. Hopefully, game will have enough different content to satisfy various tastes.

(...)
I have a few requests of the devs: make all the end-of-battle stuff skippable and add a "retreat" option to battles (Would need mechanics surrounding it so you have to work to be able to do it). A hotkey for switching between characters (Regardless of whether they have a turn ready to take) would be nice. And last thing, is don't let the battle animations interrupt actions, I'd prefer it if all actions were happening concurrently. Engine limitations would probably be a challenge with most of these.
Not sure if skipping battle results completely is a good idea. Don't know if you're aware, but you can finish every trickling animation with "Accept" button/key (in 0.05 also with "Cancel" button/key), so closing the result is just a matter of few button/key presses. We'll keep it in mind (or at least in our notes), but it will be very low on our priorities list for some time.
If by "retreat" you mean "escape", it's already in - just hold Q or PgUp (default RM mapping) - of course you can't escape if one of the characters is being held, so it's not an easy way out from a tight spot.
For now you can switch to other character awaiting orders using "Cancel" key from main tetrad, or "S" key (default RM mapping) from any tetrad and even target selection. TBH, I don't really see how switching to a character without a turn could be useful - any examples?
As for battle engine, I would love to make one with full concurrency, but game engine is only one of limiting factors - another, probably more important one, is skills - I'm not sure if I would be able to pull it off with my current skill level. Current engine is a large step in the right direction, but it has its issues, and there's still a lot more of related stuff to do before I'll even think of implementing full concurrency.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Probably, but I've seen more unique in the RL. AFAIK they don't hold any mysterious powers or hide any weird devices, but that is known only to Eromancer :).

Jesus answered your question about monsters, so I will address other stuff.
There will certainly be another Public Demo, but it's hard to say at this time when or how much content will there be. We want it to be much more polished than the current one, so it will probably take a while.
As for H-scenes, I think there's a bit of everything in the current versions and it's balanced pretty well. That said, everybody has different taste, so someone could say that there's not enough anal, blowjobs, boobjobs, or other stuff. Hopefully, game will have enough different content to satisfy various tastes.

1: Not sure if skipping battle results completely is a good idea. Don't know if you're aware, but you can finish every trickling animation with "Accept" button/key (in 0.05 also with "Cancel" button/key), so closing the result is just a matter of few button/key presses. We'll keep it in mind (or at least in our notes), but it will be very low on our priorities list for some time.
2: If by "retreat" you mean "escape", it's already in - just hold Q or PgUp (default RM mapping) - of course you can't escape if one of the characters is being held, so it's not an easy way out from a tight spot.
3: For now you can switch to other character awaiting orders using "Cancel" key from main tetrad, or "S" key (default RM mapping) from any tetrad and even target selection. TBH, I don't really see how switching to a character without a turn could be useful - any examples?
4: As for battle engine, I would love to make one with full concurrency, but game engine is only one of limiting factors - another, probably more important one, is skills - I'm not sure if I would be able to pull it off with my current skill level. Current engine is a large step in the right direction, but it has its issues, and there's still a lot more of related stuff to do before I'll even think of implementing full concurrency.
1: My finger gets tired pressing Z constantly, it's one of my pet peeves with RPG maker games. If you can address it in any way, please god do.
2: Oh, completely escaped (heh) my mind
3: As an example, say one of the characters is grappled with little chance of escaping, and the other is half-way through charging up their turn, it'd be easier to work out their move while you have time than decide which action to take with the first, or try and time the switch well. Another example is if you have Malise selected but an enemy is queuing up a special attack and you need Neon to break it more than you need Malise to take her turn.
4: Yeah, I anticipated this. I can live without it.

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

1: My finger gets tired pressing Z constantly, it's one of my pet peeves with RPG maker games. If you can address it in any way, please god do.
2: Oh, completely escaped (heh) my mind
3: As an example, say one of the characters is grappled with little chance of escaping, and the other is half-way through charging up their turn, it'd be easier to work out their move while you have time than decide which action to take with the first, or try and time the switch well. Another example is if you have Malise selected but an enemy is queuing up a special attack and you need Neon to break it more than you need Malise to take her turn.
4: Yeah, I anticipated this. I can live without it.
1: You can always change key mappings :p. But seriously, since cancel key wasn't yet used in any build for this screen, maybe it could be used to skip battle results. That's something Ero would have to decide, though.
2: Happens to us all ^^.
3: Dunno, it would make battles more hectic and chaotic at times. Not to mention that it would be a pain in the butt to code. Personally, I'm against it, but if Ero decides that it's a good idea, I'll do my best to implement it.
4: "Time will tell... sooner or later, time will tell" ;)

ahrimansiah

Lurker
Reputation score

So guys since neons new outfit have bare boobs feature will we see new rape pose such as liches which involve boob sucking?

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So guys since neons new outfit have bare boobs feature will we see new rape pose such as liches which involve boob sucking?
^

Mistah F.

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

4: "Time will tell... sooner or later, time will tell" ;)
hellmarch.mp3

Incidentally, the music in this game is very Klepacki-esque. Keep it up, and release a soundtrack!

slepth

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

0.05 delayed?

patreon's post on 14th said it.

MurphyMurph

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

If I'm not mistaken, it's actually the 15th.

The next paid content update will be on Sept 15, 2016.
I dunno if there's some timezone conversion going on in the Patreon page, so maybe someone in Europe or Asia would see something different?

Edit: Oh I noticed the Patreon says per game content update instead of per month. I wonder how does that work because I thought Patreon was only doing per month.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.