What's new

RPG Unknown/Hiatus Malise and the Machine - Public Demo Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Malise and the Machine - Public Demo Available Now!

hellmarch.mp3

Incidentally, the music in this game is very Klepacki-esque. Keep it up, and release a soundtrack!
I honestly wasn't expecting that anyone will get that reference :D.

0.05 delayed?

patreon's post on 14th said it.
If I'm not mistaken, it's actually the 15th.

I dunno if there's some timezone conversion going on in the Patreon page, so maybe someone in Europe or Asia would see something different?

Edit: Oh I noticed the Patreon says per game content update instead of per month. I wonder how does that work because I thought Patreon was only doing per month.
Yes, unfortunately 0.05 was delayed a bit... you can read about it .

MurphyMurph

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yes, unfortunately 0.05 was delayed a bit... you can read about it .
A few days or whatever, doesn't matter. It will be a great update.

I was wondering how you set up the Patreon. I have $10 in, but I didn't realize it says per update. Now I want to say that your updates are substantial, big even, but if someone else sets a Patreon up like that and gives a minuscule update, I wonder if that's allowed.

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

A few days or whatever, doesn't matter. It will be a great update.

I was wondering how you set up the Patreon. I have $10 in, but I didn't realize it says per update. Now I want to say that your updates are substantial, big even, but if someone else sets a Patreon up like that and gives a minuscule update, I wonder if that's allowed.
I'm just programmer, and Eromancer is the one who started Patreon campaign, so I don't know everything about creator's side of the Patreon.

It's really hard to measure how big or small update really is, cause it's a matter of perspective - creator judges it by amount of time and work he has spent on it, and patron will look at the results. It's understandable, since patrons usually support creator expecting some kind of results, but it's not always that easy. For example, huge chunk of my time working on 0.05 was spent on things that don't have any visible or measurable result now, but will help us streamline some aspects of our future work and save a lot more time in the process, which can be spend on other things.

It is allowed, but it doesn't mean it's acceptable - unlike other crowdfunding platforms Patreon, with its "per month" or "per update/creation/other" pledge methods, gives you unique chance to react to whatever creator is doing - if you're not happy with progress you can simply reduce or cancel your pledge, with possibility to increase or restart your pledge if results are more satisfactory. Sure, there's always a risk, but it's you who makes the decision.
Also for pledges other than "per month", patron can set additional monthly limit, but I don't remember now if it's set by amount of money or charges.

Well, it turned out longer and more complicated that I wanted, sorry for that, but I sometimes do stuff like that when I'm tired :).

DarkShadow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Each door/stage takes this many amps to open depending on how far you are in.

5 10 15 25 35 55

3 in a row tends to bump you out.
So AAA for example takes 3*5 and should upgrade you to a ten.
AABB = 10amp(Door 1 slot B) 10amp(door 2 circuit B)
This gets you to AA path on third stage with 10 amps on circuit b. You need 15amp on B to AAB and 25 on B to AABB.
So you need to add 15 amps across 2 stages. thats 10+5. AABBB can't be done with 10 amps as that only gets you to 50, not 55.

For a real doozy, try figuring out what combinations you need to get the circuit board in AABBC or the sick-ass loot in AABBCC.

Penetrating oil is simple. You need to do a 3 or 4 stage run(i forget which) and pick up the fuses fusebot drops when he runs from you getting out the door, and you should have a 20.
CBA is 5C 10B 20A and a circuit board in CBAA can be had for +5amp fuse on A afterwards. should break you even on 20amp fuses.

Edit: Basically you can put fuses into the station if the doors already open. Exploit the shit out of that. As soon as you figure out a steady way to get 20amps you are on the road to winning. Also, you want a bunch of spare 20amps to make use of the circuit boards later.
What??? I'm so confused now. And I've been stuck at this puzzle for the past 5 hours (with v0.041). At this rate I'm on the verge of just giving up and forgetting about this game. Don't know why the hell the creator put in such a damned complicated puzzle. Holy hell! :mad:

Sangoku25

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Whatever you fall who when of difficulty.
The not everyone is hammering like vienna wild around on the keys.
Because who NEN round bsierte version also not bad.
Momtan I find eh annoying as it is now and gives me no fun.

Was ihr auch fällt wer wenn schwierigkeitsgrad.
Den nicht jeder hämmert gern wien wilder auf die tasten rum.
Da wer nen runden bsierte version auch nicht schlecht.
Momtan find ich eh nervig so wie es jetzt ist und macht mir kein spaß.

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

What??? I'm so confused now. And I've been stuck at this puzzle for the past 5 hours (with v0.041). At this rate I'm on the verge of just giving up and forgetting about this game. Don't know why the hell the creator put in such a damned complicated puzzle. Holy hell! :mad:
V0.041 is a broken version. It was patched very soon after its release but was apparently posted on pirating sites.

MurphyMurph

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'm just programmer, and Eromancer is the one who started Patreon campaign, so I don't know everything about creator's side of the Patreon.

It's really hard to measure how big or small update really is, cause it's a matter of perspective - creator judges it by amount of time and work he has spent on it, and patron will look at the results. It's understandable, since patrons usually support creator expecting some kind of results, but it's not always that easy. For example, huge chunk of my time working on 0.05 was spent on things that don't have any visible or measurable result now, but will help us streamline some aspects of our future work and save a lot more time in the process, which can be spend on other things.

It is allowed, but it doesn't mean it's acceptable - unlike other crowdfunding platforms Patreon, with its "per month" or "per update/creation/other" pledge methods, gives you unique chance to react to whatever creator is doing - if you're not happy with progress you can simply reduce or cancel your pledge, with possibility to increase or restart your pledge if results are more satisfactory. Sure, there's always a risk, but it's you who makes the decision.
Also for pledges other than "per month", patron can set additional monthly limit, but I don't remember now if it's set by amount of money or charges.

Well, it turned out longer and more complicated that I wanted, sorry for that, but I sometimes do stuff like that when I'm tired :).
Oh that makes sense. If you make crappy updates, you risk losing your patrons.

I was thinking about doing Kickstarter or Patreon for a game I'm making, so I wonder what are the pros and cons. Patreon takes less cut, but I always thought it was funded monthly. Now that I know Patreon has other options, I might look at it differently and see how I can fund my own game like a one time deal like Kickstarter or even breaking it down to a few major updates.

Thanks.

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Oh that makes sense. If you make crappy updates, you risk losing your patrons.

I was thinking about doing Kickstarter or Patreon for a game I'm making, so I wonder what are the pros and cons. Patreon takes less cut, but I always thought it was funded monthly. Now that I know Patreon has other options, I might look at it differently and see how I can fund my own game like a one time deal like Kickstarter or even breaking it down to a few major updates.

Thanks.
The vast majority of creators on Patreon utilize the monthly campaign, and unfortunately it has become a significant headache for us to have a 'per update' campaign. Due to the lack of popularity for 'per update' campaigns, Patreon is now favoring monthly campaigns when adding new and important features. It's enough of an issue for us that we're transitioning to the monthly model next month (and scaling our rewards appropriately).

Not saying I blame Patreon for this, but I do think the overwhelming popularity of monthly campaigns is due to creators that are using Patreon to make a quick profit instead of to fund worthwhile endeavors.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Whatever you fall who when of difficulty.
The not everyone is hammering like vienna wild around on the keys.
Because who NEN round bsierte version also not bad.
Momtan I find eh annoying as it is now and gives me no fun.

Was ihr auch fällt wer wenn schwierigkeitsgrad.
Den nicht jeder hämmert gern wien wilder auf die tasten rum.
Da wer nen runden bsierte version auch nicht schlecht.
Momtan find ich eh nervig so wie es jetzt ist und macht mir kein spaß.
You can change that though. The wait options in the settings allow you to play this like a classical RPGmaker game if you want to.

Das kannst du doch ändern. Über die Wait-Optionen in den Einstellungen kannst du das Spiel wie ein klassisches RPGmaker-Spiel spielen, wenn du willst.

(Übersetzungsprogramme können nur Hochdeutsch übersetzen. Mit Umgangssprache, Rechtschreibfehlern und flapsiger Grammatik kommst du nicht besonders weit.)

Last edited:

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

You can change that though. The wait options in the settings allow you to play this like a classical RPGmaker game if you want to.

Das kannst du doch ändern. Über die Wait-Optionen in den Einstellungen kannst du das Spiel wie ein klassisches RPGmaker-Spiel spielen, wenn du willst.

(Übersetzungsprogramme können nur Hochdeutsch übersetzen. Mit Umgangssprache, Rechtschreibfehlern und flapsiger Grammatik kommst du nicht besonders weit.)
Thanks for the rescue :D

DarkShadow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I have a few questions about the game.

Story Related Questions:
What exactly is the story in this game? I get a sort of post-apocalyptic vibe. Don't know if that was intentional or perhaps I'm just misunderstanding the theme of the story. And the two main characters, Neon and Malise, so through playing the game we learn that Neon is a synthetic. What about Malise? Is she human or is she also a synthetic?

Gameplay Related Questions:
What do the different stats stand for? I'm guessing ATK is "Attack", DEF is "Defense", and AGI is "Agility", but what are the others (SAT, SDF, LUK) for? And how do all of these stats affect gameplay?

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

What do the different stats stand for? I'm guessing ATK is "Attack", DEF is "Defense", and AGI is "Agility", but what are the others (SAT, SDF, LUK) for? And how do all of these stats affect gameplay?

SAT and SDF is probably special attack and special defence. I've no idea what these stats effect though.

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I have a few questions about the game.

Story Related Questions:
What exactly is the story in this game? I get a sort of post-apocalyptic vibe. Don't know if that was intentional or perhaps I'm just misunderstanding the theme of the story. And the two main characters, Neon and Malise, so through playing the game we learn that Neon is a synthetic. What about Malise? Is she human or is she also a synthetic?
I talk to much, so I will leave revealing (or not) parts of the story to Eromancer, but I can say that "post-apocalyptic vibe" sounds about right. Malise is a human, and players will learn more about her and her synthetic companion as the game story progresses.

ATK and DEF are both used in damage calculations;
AGI is currently used only for speed in battle (how fast ATB gauge fills);
SAT and SDF are second attack/defense set - they're default RPG Maker stats, but they're not used in MATM at the moment, and their future purpose is not yet determined;
LUK (luck) is used as one of the factors in some RNG calculations.
Do note that most of stats usage is still vanilla and may change any time in any way.

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This is EXTREMELY important- will the new version have sex sounds?

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

SAT and SDF are second attack/defense set - they're default RPG Maker stats, but they're not used in MATM at the moment, and their future purpose is not yet determined;
Well, I can think of a "attack" and "defense" which the first word begins in "S" and ends in "ex".
:D

Sangoku25

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ok then I apologize XD

was in the Demo 1 so? ^^
because then I have the overlooked XD

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

This is EXTREMELY important- will the new version have sex sounds?
0.05 - no, 0.06 - hopefully.

Well, I can think of a "attack" and "defense" which the first word begins in "S" and ends in "ex".
:D
That's one of the possibility ;).

Ok then I apologize XD

was in the Demo 1 so? ^^
because then I have the overlooked XD
Battle engine overhaul (including time modes) was introduced in 0.03, so it was included in Public Demo.

imirael

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Okay so there's these doors.
And these doors charge AMP BUCKS to get through.
You pay the admission fee with # Amp Plugs at the Pedestal in the middle of the room to get in.
There are three flavors of AMP BUCKS: A B C.
Each door will tell you its flavor and the cost. So you can look over and go A 5 oh okay i need to put a 5 volt amp on the a circuit to get through.

HOWEVER, what you've paid to each flavor(circuit) are persistant through each run. You put 5 in B you have 5 in B for the rest of that run.
But there's a pedestal in each room! So you can keep paying!

So lets say you're starting off. You've killed some monsters and have 3 5A plugs.
(typically, 3 doors in a row ends the puzzle, which is good because you get better rewards than leaving manually)

So door 1 costs FIVE BUCKS for each circuit.
You pick one. Lets say you want C. You put a 5 buck amp in C and go through.
Great. Door 2. It costs TEN BUCKS. but you already paid 5. So you put 5bux in C. Great! thats ten total! the C10 door lights up, you can pass.
And door 3 is.... hey, 15. Thats 5+5+5!
Your 5 amp goes in C again, getting you 15 amps on the c circuit which opens the door.
You go through and to your surprise find the puzzle ends!
But thats okay, because fusebot dropped some stuff on the ground. Its a 10amp plug and a 5 amp plug.

Suddenly you have 15amps in -two- plugs instead of -three-. Exploiting THAT is the nature of the game.

imirael

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Okay so there's these doors.
And these doors charge AMP BUCKS to get through.
You pay the admission fee with # Amp Plugs at the Pedestal in the middle of the room to get in.
There are three flavors of AMP BUCKS: A B C.
Each door will tell you its flavor and the cost. So you can look over and go A 5 oh okay i need to put a 5 volt amp on the a circuit to get through.

HOWEVER, what you've paid to each flavor(circuit) are persistant through each run. You put 5 in B you have 5 in B for the rest of that run.
But there's a pedestal in each room! So you can keep paying!

So lets say you're starting off. You've killed some monsters and have 3 5A plugs.
(typically, 3 doors in a row ends the puzzle, which is good because you get better rewards than leaving manually)

So door 1 costs FIVE BUCKS for each circuit.
You pick one. Lets say you want C. You put a 5 buck amp in C and go through.
Great. Door 2. It costs TEN BUCKS. but you already paid 5. So you put 5bux in C. Great! thats ten total! the C10 door lights up, you can pass.
And door 3 is.... hey, 15. Thats 5+5+5!
Your 5 amp goes in C again, getting you 15 amps on the c circuit which opens the door.
You go through and to your surprise find the puzzle ends!
But thats okay, because fusebot dropped some stuff on the ground. Its a 10amp plug and a 5 amp plug.

Suddenly you have 15amps in -two- plugs instead of -three-. Exploiting THAT is the nature of the game.
So the next time you go in, you can put TEN BUCKS to CIRCUIT C and be cleared TWO DOORS (remember, door 1 is 5, door 2 is ten, and bucks are persistant for a run) off of ONE PEDESTAL.

But really you want 2-3 10amp plugs on hand before you start branching out.

Ultimately, you want to find 6 circuit boards within the maze in specific room combinations and plug those into the elevator.(and fill those with 2 20amp plugs each)

For example:
Stage 1: 10Amp to B, enter door b(5required)
Stage 2: 10amp to A, enter door b(10 required, but prepaid)
Stage 3: 5amp to a, enter door a(15 required, but 10+5 gets you there, dodging the 3 in a row kickout)
Stage4: 25 on one circuit required to pass. So you need to add a 10 to the 15 you just went through.

Advanced shenanigans:
a 20-plug inserted on the second stage is sometimes necessary.

FDoor combo AABBCC for example has sweet loot in it.
5 10 15 25 35 55 is the escalating cost for each stage.
Breaking that down by the circuit costs per stage:
Stage1: 5 to A to pass
Stage2: 10 to A to pass
Stage3: 15 to B to pass
Stage4: 25 to B to pass
Stage5: 35 to C to pass
Stage6: 55 to C to pass.
You have plugs of 5 10 and 20 values and 6 slots to put them in to work with.

Grab a pencil and paper and try and figure out
10 to A (10A total beats 5a to pass)
20 to c (10A 20C total beats 10a to pass)
20 to b (10A 20B 20C beats 15b to pass)
5 to B (10A 25B 20C beats 25b to pass)
20 to c (10A 25B 40C beats 35c to pass)
20 to c (10A 25B 60C > beats 55c to pass)

basically as soon as you figure out how to turn 10s into 20s by doing a medium-length run and picking up fusebots rewards you're golden.

Totschlager

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Any ETA on the delayed release?

Status
Not open for further replies.