What's new

RPG Unknown/Hiatus Malise and the Machine - Public Demo Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teapotdome

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Why are you people still trying to reason with developers on patreon? You pay, they'll stay. Simple as that. What is the mystery behind it. You are paying them in advance for something that isn't promised. Stop your bitching and speak with your wallets. I'm so tired of saying this.
These kinds of discussions are also helpful because they let let outside observers like myself make more informed decisions as to what projects are worth supporting or not. Too many regrettable purchases on Patreon and dlsite.

bluewr

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
These kinds of discussions are also helpful because they let let outside observers like myself make more informed decisions as to what projects are worth supporting or not. Too many regrettable purchases on Patreon and dlsite.
Pretty much~ It makes it not a echo chamber, and make creator realize if they are being too secretive or other problem from outside view

Sath

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I'd like to preface my 2 cents by saying that I think the Eromancer team are NOT scammers, that the comparison to Breeding Season are a bit unfair, and there is work going on the game.

Has the project been a little bit mis-handled? Yes, I think so.

While I'm not quite sure how far to go with this line, given a lot of it is behind Patreon paywalls, I'm of the opinion that the cart has been put before the horse in regards to the development platform, but the cart has too much momentum to stop without violently running the horse over when it tries to get back in front.

The re-tooled previews that I've seen are damn gorgeous (like, for real), but they also seem like effort better spent on a second game. Let the first game be called finished, sold and be making some money off of it's own merits, while the 2nd game generates it's own patreon money. Instead there's this awkward cold war between customers who have stopped receiving a promised product (for months I'd add), and a development team trying to reinvent the wheel. At what point do the visuals look "good enough" relative to the time & effort already expended?

I still believe Malise & The Machine will be finished and released, as long as there's a patreon flow. But something has gone horribly wrong somewhere on the train tracks there.

Kemious

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I think alot of the problem is the disassociation with how long a game takes to complete no matter how small. M&M is certainly a high production that take alot of tech and work to complete. Alot of people don't actually understand how much time actually goes into the development of a game no matter crappy it is, especially if you more or less have to build the engine from scratch.

Malise 's flaws is they over load alot of their post with technical jargon and fill alot of it with information that goes over the heads of your standard follower without a in game demonstration. Thats not to say every single changed needs to be have a demo attached to it or something , but its been a sufficient amount of time since the last one to have people start getting antsy. especially so with the ViperV situation.

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Alot of people don't actually understand how much time actually goes into the development of a game no matter crappy it is, especially if you more or less have to build the engine from scratch.
Even the biggest games in the world would have something to show after a year of development.

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
What he means, Eromancer , is that when it takes you nearly half a year to make a post to the public like this:

Hey guys!

We’ve obviously been quiet for some time in the eye of the public, but rest assured we’ve been chugging away and are making great progress. There are a lot of big plans on the horizon that will greatly improve Malise and the Machine, and I wanted to stop in and say I’ll be making a lengthy public post detailing these and our accomplishments from the last few months as soon as there is a confirmed date for v0.06.
It gets people uninterested. And do you really think people would pay any kind of hard-earned money just to see a few 'progress updates'? If you're having trouble, come right out and say it. Don't hide your progress behind a pay wall, or people will get mad and think you abandoned the project no matter what you say. Now I don't personally think this. If you think you're going at a good pace, I don't give a shit. The problem is that you're keeping your fans in the dark and telling them, "Give me money and then you can see what I'm working on." People don't pay for word of mouth updates, they pay for a product. And until you give them proof that the product is being worked on, you will continue to get people like miachan , Androsar , and nanaya1234 to try to devalue your work.
My previous statement still stands

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'll see you guys when v0.06 is ready.

EDIT: Until then, you know where to find me~
Ending this with a rick and morty gif sends a message but not the one you'd probably like.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Locking the thread on request.

Status
Not open for further replies.