What's new

ACT [Libraheart] [ らいぶらはーと ] Succubus - The SIX Spells / サキュバスと6つの魔法 RE209676 RJ203314

Schaloper

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: [Libraheart] Succubus - The SIX Spells

Clickable link.

Bobtheme

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Can't seem to get the demo to work. Says to press Z or 1, and neither of those 2 options seems to continue the demo. Anyone know a work around?

Sarav

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Link on a certain Chinese site.

Sznifer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Somebody know when it will be on english dlsite?

Thronico

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So I've been playing through this for about an hour or so now, and I've gotta say... It feels really... disappointing?

Yeah, disappointing. It's not bad by any means, but it definitely controls kind of stiff, the combat gets really repetitive with no real change-ups, plus I think it uses the same animations for the seduced enemies from the original game.

The boss fights are okay, kind of only difficult because they overstay their welcome and get boring. They're not really difficult like a classic platformer, they're just tedious with the bosses having no animations for the better part of the first half of the game from what I've seen.

The sprite work itself is really nice, but feels copy pasted from their previous work, with nothing really new coming to the table besides the artwork which they focused their castlevania style game around. This game has both, though the CG's feel shoehorned in, having no real place in the game besides some "side-story" as they titled it.

Overall, considering how long we waited for the game to actually come out, it feels lackluster and way too similar to their previous work.

CountMoxi

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So I've been playing through this for about an hour or so now, and I've gotta say... It feels really... disappointing?

Yeah, disappointing. It's not bad by any means, but it definitely controls kind of stiff, the combat gets really repetitive with no real change-ups, plus I think it uses the same animations for the seduced enemies from the original game.

The boss fights are okay, kind of only difficult because they overstay their welcome and get boring. They're not really difficult like a classic platformer, they're just tedious with the bosses having no animations for the better part of the first half of the game from what I've seen.

The sprite work itself is really nice, but feels copy pasted from their previous work, with nothing really new coming to the table besides the artwork which they focused their castlevania style game around. This game has both, though the CG's feel shoehorned in, having no real place in the game besides some "side-story" as they titled it.

Overall, considering how long we waited for the game to actually come out, it feels lackluster and way too similar to their previous work.
That's the vibe I was getting from the demo too. Honestly it feels like a watered down version of the first succubus game. Even the sprite work is a lot more simple (though it is still good). I think the biggest thing about the game play is how boring the enemies are. Most of them just walk back and forth or throw a projectile (from what I've seen from the demo) so combat gets repetitive really quick and everything becomes tedious. And there is only have 1 animation per enemy while the first succubus game had 2 (one for seducing and one for defeating them). Maybe it was supposed to be a smaller sized game, but overall it just seems like Libraheart went through the motions with this game instead of trying to make something new.

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That's the vibe I was getting from the demo too. Honestly it feels like a watered down version of the first succubus game. Even the sprite work is a lot more simple (though it is still good). I think the biggest thing about the game play is how boring the enemies are. Most of them just walk back and forth or throw a projectile (from what I've seen from the demo) so combat gets repetitive really quick and everything becomes tedious. And there is only have 1 animation per enemy while the first succubus game had 2 (one for seducing and one for defeating them). Maybe it was supposed to be a smaller sized game, but overall it just seems like Libraheart went through the motions with this game instead of trying to make something new.
I think what was more likely was that the game was cancelled early-mid development, but there was fan backlash, so they just decided to churn it out using recycled assets and called it a day.

CountMoxi

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I think what was more likely was that the game was cancelled early-mid development, but there was fan backlash, so they just decided to churn it out using recycled assets and called it a day.
I guess I can see that. Even still though it seems like this game from it's first concept was just kind of the same as the first succubus game. Mechanically there isn't anything really different so the game play was basically the same. It just feels a bit shallow I guess, but maybe they want to take their games in a different direction since they've only done action games so who knows.

HeartfulAlice

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yeah, after playing through it, the game feels sort of... blah. Like, the levels and the bosses are okay, and the shooting minigame is fun, I guess? And the CGs feel separate, and some I thought were reused from other games. I don't really have any desire to play it again to find the crowns I missed, and minor save editing revealed that the reward probably isn't worth it. This game just feels like... it exists.

Schaloper

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

This game just feels like... it exists.
Well, that's what happens when you have a game cancelled mid-development but was forced to continue by demands. Sometimes. it's better to let things go.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, that's what happens when you have a game cancelled mid-development but was forced to continue by demands. Sometimes. it's better to let things go.
Too true

D-D

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I think I encountered a bug. I found out how to choose the different spells you get from bosses megaman style and the default fireball has disappeared.

yuriski

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

It's really nothing special. It's just fun in the same way the last games were.

Of course I am completely unable to beat the darkelf boss, but that's just me being bad at games.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Haha, so the dev couldn't decide between pleasing his market and doing something stupid so he tried to please his market and do something stupid?

Well there's only one way to teach them the lesson they need, don't buy this or the game that NOBODY wanted. That should make their mistake quite obvious to them.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's really nothing special. It's just fun in the same way the last games were.

Of course I am completely unable to beat the darkelf boss, but that's just me being bad at games.
Nah, I'm pretty good at these games and she wasn't easy for me either. Pretty much for an easier time, take full advantage of the invincible frames from that spin move and keep just far enough away from her so that you don't spin into her. You can jump over her dash but I found the spin is just easier to do and doesn't take a thing for timing.

If you have the moon shot from the witch boss, it makes things even easier since they eat through her shield fast. Just buy a few bottles of the mp potions and have at her.

Bobtheme

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I still can't play the damn demo.... I can't get past the "Press Z or 1" screen... Nothing happens. :l

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I still can't play the damn demo.... I can't get past the "Press Z or 1" screen... Nothing happens. :l
If you want to use keyboard, make sure you don't have a controller plugged in or it will not register that you're pressing anything.

If you're using a controller hit the button assigned as "1". Don't know what that is? Then press random buttons until you find it.

If neither works than something on your end is preventing it from working.

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Having just played the demo, it's pretty much what I expected. Those voice clips he uses in every game are really getting old, but the end of demo preview seems to show that he finally got a few new ones... probably used for all of one scene a piece.
It'd also be really nice if the guy didn't limit the controls to an NES button limit. I know these game have a retro-game concept to them, but its creating a quality ceiling.

yuriski

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Nah, I'm pretty good at these games and she wasn't easy for me either. Pretty much for an easier time, take full advantage of the invincible frames from that spin move and keep just far enough away from her so that you don't spin into her. You can jump over her dash but I found the spin is just easier to do and doesn't take a thing for timing.

If you have the moon shot from the witch boss, it makes things even easier since they eat through her shield fast. Just buy a few bottles of the mp potions and have at her.
I finally beat her by using the big shot from the vulcano boss. Still had to drink 2 bottles.

So, yeah...the stages are kind of boring and the bosses are hard because they have so many HP