What's new

ACT [ FoxEye] BLUE GUARDIAN: Margaret RE174661 RJ172028

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wewt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Blue Guardian: Margaret

You gotta change all your settings to japanese. There's instructions like 5 posts above yours.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

You gotta change all your settings to japanese. There's instructions like 5 posts above yours.
Haaa. Ty, I had everything on Japanese except the keyboard lol.

zchaos

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Like Raisuke said, you gotta beat the big fish to get the range extender. After that go back to the first room where the knight is. If you climb up to the platform, you can now shoot the gear that brings down a platform which lets you jump across to the other side.

Does anyone know what to do after meeting the lizard people? I've gotten past a bunch of them including the ones underwater but now I'm stuck in a room where I can't seem to progress further. I can't even jump back to where I came from. The walls seem to require some powerup to break, am I supposed to have it at this point?
sounds like you just beat the lizard boss. In that room you need to use the missiles the boss dropped to break those special walls by pressing S.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get the rockets in the very first part of the game, they are behind some crates
you have to come back with a missile power up to get that. when you get the powerup shoot the spot in the attached image.

Attachments

Wewt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

... There's a lizard boss? I drop down from the high wall but its just an empty room for me.

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

On the statue puzzle: I've noticed that in the area just above,
the left fountain has two crosses with a green gem,
in a destructible block below the statues there's a cross with a red gem,
and the fountain to the right has a cross with a blue gem.

Considering the statues seem to be red, green, blue, yellow respectively, this might be related to the correct order, though I haven't found a way yet...

Also there's a suspicious corridor up from the leftmost statue, but it has a current too strong to swim into, so maybe it unlocks as part of it?

zchaos

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

... There's a lizard boss? I drop down from the high wall but its just an empty room for me.
If you're in the room i'm thinking of the boss should enter the room after you move to the right.

Last edited:

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Courtesy of the FAQ page on the game's website, I got the statue puzzle.

From what I gather, the stones with gems are relevant, but to get the order you need to match them with the stone tablets. Good luck reading those.
However, there's an important trick: You only destroy the first 3 statues,
the remaining statue you need to touch without destroying.

That left some minor brute-forcing, but it turns out the puzzle is randomized, so I can't just post the order of colors.
There's a longer explanation that seems to work [post=801926]over in this post.[/post]
the statue should activate, unlocking the way forward.
The next enemy is also somewhat tricky: The snake
reacts to motion, so swim slowly and don't shoot it.
Once its eyes are flashing, you've gone too fast.
Edit:
I should mention some nonobvious controls here:
- Pressing ESC brings up a menu, pick the second option to restart the current level.
- Long-pressing C will bring down arousal, sometimes necessary since high arousal drastically increases oxygen usage.
We're talking about this room right? Cause nothing is happening there no matter what I do.
That's weird - the boss should drop from the ceiling once you walk past the center of that room... You came in there from the left, right?

Last edited:

Wewt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yep I did. Arrgh I guess its a bug or something. I redownloaded it and got to this point again but nothin. Maybe there will be a hotfix or something.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Courtesy of the FAQ page on the game's website, I got the statue puzzle.

From what I gather, the stones with gems are relevant, but to get the order you need to match them with the stone tablets. Good luck reading those.
However, there's an important trick: You only destroy the first 3 statues,
the remaining statue you need to touch without destroying.

That left some minor brute-forcing, leading to
Destroy green, destroy blue, destroy red, touch green
the statue should activate, unlocking the way forward.
The next enemy is also somewhat tricky: The snake
reacts to motion, so swim slowly and don't shoot it.
You can see it's about to attack when it opens its mouth.
Am I missing something here? You mentioned you need to touch the remaining statue, but then you say Destroy green and in the end Touch Green?
Do you mean Destroy Yellow and Touch Green or do you mean Destroy Green and Touch Yellow?
Anyway, I did those two combinations and still can't move foward..

Stupidface

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Anybody have an advice for
The sewers with the tentacles and the leeches? I can get past the tentacles but the area with the leeches seems too long to go with out surfacing for air and there's no where to do that. When I get to a certain point the screen shakes but I'm not sure what that changes.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Anybody have an advice for
The sewers with the tentacles and the leeches? I can get past the tentacles but the area with the leeches seems too long to go with out surfacing for air and there's no where to do that. When I get to a certain point the screen shakes but I'm not sure what that changes.
If you got to the point where the screen shakes then you have to keep going up and you'll get some air.
A few pixels to the right and you'll be going for a boss fight.

As for me, I'm still stuck on the statues... I can't seem to activate the statue no matter what combination -.-

Stupidface

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There doesn't seem to be anywhere to go up though, it's just solid rock above and a big pit below. I can go left or right but it just loops back to the area with the tentacles.

Minuit

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

If you got to the point where the screen shakes then you have to keep going up and you'll get some air.
A few pixels to the right and you'll be going for a boss fight.

As for me, I'm still stuck on the statues... I can't seem to activate the statue no matter what combination -.-
Destroy the 2 from the left and the far right, then touch the blue near the wall (in the middle) :p

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Destroy the 2 from the left and the far right, then touch the blue near the wall (in the middle) :p
I just did that...
I destroyed Red, Green and Yellow.
Swam right into the Blue. Nothing happened

I destroyed Green, Red And Yellow.

Do I have to press a specific combination of buttons?
Because I've already pressed everything randomly -.-

Minuit

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I just did that...
I destroyed Red, Green and Yellow.

I destroyed Green, Red And Yellow.

Do I have to press a specific combination of buttons?
Because I've already pressed everything randomly -.-
Weird.

I did it in that order: Red -> green -> yellow and touch blue. If that doesn't work, I can't help you anymore. :confused:

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Ok... so, does anyone have a save after the statues? I'd like to progress in the game, but can't because of this awesome bug lol...

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Weird.

I did it in that order: Red -> green -> yellow and touch blue. If that doesn't work, I can't help you anymore. :confused:
Huh. That's DEFINITELY different from the order I got.
I wonder if it's randomized every playthrough.

FTR, the colors I got:
Above ground: 2 green on the left, 1 red underground, 1 blue above entrance
Statues: Red left, green left middle, blue right middle, yellow far right
Order: G-B-R Y, or 2-3-1 4.

I'll see the next time I'm back at the 4 stone tablets,
surely they only shuffle those around and aren't insane enough to have multiple puzzles - right?

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Huh. That's DEFINITELY different from the order I got.
I wonder if it's randomized every playthrough.

FTR, the colors I got:
Above ground: 2 green on the left, 1 red underground, 1 blue above entrance
Statues: Red left, green left middle, blue right middle, yellow far right
Order: G-B-R Y, or 2-3-1 4.

I'll see the next time I'm back at the 4 stone tablets,
surely they only shuffle those around and aren't insane enough to have multiple puzzles - right?
By tablets, do you mean the stones with the crosses right before entering the water cave that leads to the statues?

If that's so, I have 2 red cross stones to the left and 1 blue cross stone on top of the entrance.

About the one you say to have see underground, where's that? On the water cave with the statues? I can't find it.

Also, if those stones are related how the hell does that even make sense when there's 2 of the same type? Does it mean you have to destroy it and then touch it?

Status
Not open for further replies.