What's new

[English RPG game] New paths [0.0.7][06.12.2016][PATREON ONLY]

B

bleahblah

Re: [English RPG game] New paths [0.0.3][06.08.2016]

the game crashes when "snoring female audio" tries to play, at night when brother is sneaking to her bed.
Yeah. I just got hit by the same bug. Now it seems my save vanished to boot. Can you spare your save before the crash when sneaking to her bed?

Thanks!

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah. I just got hit by the same bug. Now it seems my save vanished to boot. Can you spare your save before the crash when sneaking to her bed?
Thanks!
this is right after they go jogging on day 3

Attachments

B

bleahblah

Thanks. Got it working and the updated version went smoothly too.

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I just tried the Mac version 0.3 and for some reason crashes upon start - looking for file player.walk.png?:confused:

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I just tried the Mac version 0.3 and for some reason crashes upon start - looking for file player.walk.png?:confused:
Uploading the fix now. 10 min and its finished :)

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Uploading the fix now. 10 min and its finished :)
Wow - that was fast! Downloading now and if I see anything else will let you know (already played on the PC but I like to use my Mac every now and then...)

EDIT: - made it to end of content (end of Thursday I think?) - no issues in the Mac version

Last edited:

Combustion Man

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The game freeze after checking masturbation on wikipedia (i tried 3 times )

By the way, is it necessary to copy/paste whole wikipedia articles ?
If we want to consult it, we do have internet as well, i find those parts quite boring.

Same for having the same scenes over and over (jogging, shoving her cleavage to her brother ).

I'm starting to think i liked the first version better, i'm going to wait for version 0.15 or something.

Good luck.

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The game freeze after checking masturbation on wikipedia (i tried 3 times )

By the way, is it necessary to copy/paste whole wikipedia articles ?
If we want to consult it, we do have internet as well, i find those parts quite boring.

Same for having the same scenes over and over (jogging, shoving her cleavage to her brother ).

I'm starting to think i liked the first version better, i'm going to wait for version 0.15 or something.

Good luck.
I can’t seem to get the game to freeze as you are experience. Have you tried to press enter a couple of times? Just to make sure there isn’t any text latency?
Yes, I do want some of the wiki information in my game. Not to educate or anything like that. More to give a bigger picture of the changes and ignorance of the MC. That are to change.
The jogging and showing cleavage is cut down with around 50 % from the first one too last one.
And thanks :)

demidemon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Perhaps i liked ur too much and my expectation was unfairly high for a demo.

There are a few things that I do not like right now:
Some lines seem to break the 4th wall, or just feels awkward. Say at the beginning of the game, her mom says "If your choice bad your corruption will be higher". Do people actually say "your corruption will be higher" in real life? Maybe you can let her mom give some hints and let the narrator do the explanations.

The game seems very linear. I would love to have more freedom. I want to be able to choose when to read the book. After I read it I can "discover" or progress on the story line in the item store. I want to be able to choose when to go to the library and discover scenes myself instead of being spoon fed. I'm always forced to go to one place or talk to someone. Everytime when I thought I'm finally free to do something I'm given another task... till the game ends. This could work on a text adventure but it is very disappointing for an RPG maker game.

The "animations" are so slow. I have to hold enter all the time during the animations, and there are just not enough pictures/frames during the animations. In the bath scene, I can't remember well (ignore the rest if im wrong) but I think Suzie just let her hair soak in water. This feels really dirty and no girls will do that in real life.

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Perhaps i liked ur too much and my expectation was unfairly high for a demo.

There are a few things that I do not like right now:
Some lines seem to break the 4th wall, or just feels awkward. Say at the beginning of the game, her mom says "If your choice bad your corruption will be higher". Do people actually say "your corruption will be higher" in real life? Maybe you can let her mom give some hints and let the narrator do the explanations.

The game seems very linear. I would love to have more freedom. I want to be able to choose when to read the book. After I read it I can "discover" or progress on the story line in the item store. I want to be able to choose when to go to the library and discover scenes myself instead of being spoon fed. I'm always forced to go to one place or talk to someone. Everytime when I thought I'm finally free to do something I'm given another task... till the game ends. This could work on a text adventure but it is very disappointing for an RPG maker game.

The "animations" are so slow. I have to hold enter all the time during the animations, and there are just not enough pictures/frames during the animations. In the bath scene, I can't remember well (ignore the rest if im wrong) but I think Suzie just let her hair soak in water. This feels really dirty and no girls will do that in real life.
The corruption part of the intro is change to the introduction of the game at the start. To fix many of the problems you mention.

The linear part of the game will always be close like this in rpg maker games. I would have made the game with 100 of choices where the player can decide her day. But that will not work (That I know of) as the game progress even if mc main task is to go to Perry or forest. You can go where you want. There isn't any time delay and you are free to explore as much as you want. (Just not any content yet for this part)

And the animation part is a mix bag. Some one say the length is fine other say it's to long. For does ho think it's to long it's the easiest way to fix by holding enter button. The animation part is something that i working on as much as I can.
The bath scene don't show any hair wash since I can Micro describe everything. And it's a follow up scene for when stats is higher. (Hint hint) :rolleyes:

Thanks for your though and I'm working on improving the game :)

demidemon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

... I would have made the game with 100 of choices where the player can decide her day. But that will not work (That I know of) as the game progress even if mc main task is to go to Perry or forest...
The problem is for all the 3 days, the only decisions you make are to run fast or slowdown, or to pick up the money. You could just give us "fake choices", like instead of telling us to read the book, just make the book event always available to us, and check for which event to be shown depends on our progress/stages. (eg which chapter are you on? have you go to the library or internet? etc) And let us go to perry anytime we want, but give us new events only if we have read the book or reach other requirements. Same for the jogging events or any other events.

EDIT: And having to look for events is always more fun than being forced/spoon fed. We would feel like we have achieved something by ourselves. Feels like we are really playing the game.

I'm not sure how the animation speed is handled in RPG Maker MV. I can accept holding enter for the animations i guess...

Last edited:
OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The problem is for all the 3 days, the only decisions you make are to run fast or slowdown, or to pick up the money. You could just give us "fake choices", like instead of telling us to read the book, just make the book event always available to us, and check for which event to be shown depends on our progress/stages. (eg which chapter are you on? have you go to the library or internet? etc) And let us go to perry anytime we want, but give us new events only if we have read the book or reach other requirements. Same for the jogging events or any other events.

EDIT: And having to look for events is always more fun than being forced/spoon fed. We would feel like we have achieved something by ourselves. Feels like we are really playing the game.

I'm not sure how the animation speed is handled in RPG Maker MV. I can accept holding enter for the animations i guess...
It's a good suggestion but I have no idea to program something like that. Or even know if it's possible in rpg maker.

demidemon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It's a good suggestion but I have no idea to program something like that. Or even know if it's possible in rpg maker.
I see. It is possible and RPG maker is one of the best engine for non programmers. But, it would still take HUGE amount of time if you don't know what you're doing. Might as well just stick to what you can do now. Good luck on your game.

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Since i suck on the graphic part in Photoshop or gimp. I'm asking if there is one out there that can help with some fixes. Like day number and day name. What I want is collor on the number/text and transparent background. So it will be something other than black and White.
Give me a pm here ok ulmf and I will send the information about x and y length. :)

lamanoob76

Reputation score

I can’t seem to get the game to freeze as you are experience. Have you tried to press enter a couple of times? Just to make sure there isn’t any text latency?
Yes, I do want some of the wiki information in my game. Not to educate or anything like that. More to give a bigger picture of the changes and ignorance of the MC. That are to change.
The jogging and showing cleavage is cut down with around 50 % from the first one too last one.
And thanks :)
Its freezing for me too after that scene. Maybe it dont like the 0.2 saves?

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Its freezing for me too after that scene. Maybe it dont like the 0.2 saves?
If ypu are use a 0.02 save Thats your main problem :) you need to restart then

hentaiwolf

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

awesome keep it up

Urelsor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have to be honest. I liked the old style of the main character way more, but thats just my personal preference.

But I really love the sound of the modem when she connects to the internet. Kinda felt very nostalgic.

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

awesome keep it up

I have to be honest. I liked the old style of the main character way more, but thats just my personal preference.

But I really love the sound of the modem when she connects to the internet. Kinda felt very nostalgic.
Hehe the good old time with dual isdn line :p

Combustion Man

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

If ypu are use a 0.02 save Thats your main problem :) you need to restart then
Newer versions are too short and some parts too tedious to restart from the beginning.
I think you should do something about it like being able to skip already seen scenes and skip the wikipedia parts, for example.
I'm speaking for myself but i'm quite sure other players, like me, are playing a game to have some fun not to do/watch the same thing over and over again.