What's new

[English RPG game] New paths [0.0.7][06.12.2016][PATREON ONLY]

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: [English RPG game] New paths [0.0.3][06.08.2016]

Newer versions are too short and some parts too tedious to restart from the beginning.
I think you should do something about it like being able to skip already seen scenes and skip the wikipedia parts, for example.
I'm speaking for myself but i'm quite sure other players, like me, are playing a game to have some fun not to do/watch the same thing over and over again.
I got a little help and if I get that system to work. The wiki or library part will be a free choice for the player.

Combustion Man

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thank you very much, try to get some days off as well and good luck :)

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Or a week or so I got a post on the Ulmf forums (No hate against this person, this is not a rage post) that the person wanted to see more choices and freedom playing. He was tired of the same linear style game. (it's true that 0.03 is linear and it was planned to be) Then it come to me, how the hell can I program something like that? And can RPG maker mv do this? I started at small, just adding a clock. Then a date, day number etc... Beer and swearing was normal at this point.
Until now. (With some help) I got a real time system where time is passing similarly to the real world. I also added a sleep and a hunger system. There's a lot of many variables to keep track off that its sick… For every hour that passes Stamina-hunger will go down.

What I’m trying to say with few words is this: New paths 0.04 will be a real time rpg sim style game. For a week or so ^^

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Then it come to me, how the hell can I program something like that? And can RPG maker mv do this?
i guess he meant more choices like the one where she bounces her boobies or not while theyre jogging. maybe when shes taking a shower/bath, you can make a choice where she forgets to lock the door and her brother walks in, that sorta thing.

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

i guess he meant more choices like the one where she bounces her boobies or not while theyre jogging. maybe when shes taking a shower/bath, you can make a choice where she forgets to lock the door and her brother walks in, that sorta thing.
All of does choices are already in game, but there are stat decided. The new system is when YOU want to go running or read book. Etc.

demidemon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

no not just that. in v0.0.3 you have to do everything in the exact order. Imagine when the game expands and gives you 50 events. However, you have to trigger them from 1 to 50 in the exact order and you are not able to skip any events, forced to do it on the exact time and date. This was how I felt and what I thought might happen when I played that version.

All of does choices are already in game, but there are stat decided. The new system is when YOU want to go running or read book. Etc.
Really looking forward to it. Hope you can get everything running smoothly.

Combustion Man

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

no not just that. in v0.0.3 you have to do everything in the exact order. Imagine when the game expands and gives you 50 events. However, you have to trigger them from 1 to 50 in the exact order and you are not able to skip any events, forced to do it on the exact time and date. This was how I felt and what I thought might happen when I played that version.
I agree, what we want is side quests, which means you can start it whenever you want if you want it.
I'm not fond of sim games (actually, i don't even bother playing sim games ) but it's your game.

Still, anything is better than a linear quest line (as said in the quote )

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Just a fast update. I’m working hard to do all of the changes in game at this point for the new update (0.04) there will be 3 non main story jobs, trash cleaner, life guard and unregistered nurse.
All the jobs have different requirements and payouts off salary. Of course side missions and events. (how much that will be finished in 0.04 I don’t know at this point.)

Planed work tittles at this point:
Prison guard (main story) (Will not be finished to 0.04 released)
Bar waitress. (home village, main story) (Will not be finished to 0.04 released)

Suggestion for new/other type of work, write them bellow.

Last edited:

Byk

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thinking of new types of work :)
I can only think of 1 atm, maid :) If i get some unique and interesting ideas i will post more :)

Btw, i didn't said anything about game (maybe i did, i can't remember and i'm lazy to check Lol)
Anyway, game is great. Only thing that i dislike is repeating. Like My btother is at PC, locking the door when shes going to bathtub and whole scene there or when running... dialogues donesn't change and after some time it gets boring. Maybe you could change sentence or two just to make it more interesting.

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I can only think of 1 atm, maid :) If i get some unique and interesting ideas i will post more :)

Btw, i didn't said anything about game (maybe i did, i can't remember and i'm lazy to check Lol)
Anyway, game is great. Only thing that i dislike is repeating. Like My btother is at PC, locking the door when shes going to bathtub and whole scene there or when running... dialogues donesn't change and after some time it gets boring. Maybe you could change sentence or two just to make it more interesting.
Have a good weekend and enjoy
The maid can be done, hotel maid that clean visitors room.
Many of does issues will be fix in the next update.

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Wel there's always the oldest profession, Prostitute.
That’s why further down the path. But there is a big possibility for that to be in the game.;)

tontje

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

failed to load: img/characters/syliavillager.png

Whenever i try to save in windows version 0.0.3

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

failed to load: img/characters/syliavillager.png

Whenever i try to save in windows version 0.0.3
Where do you try to save ? (Location)

tontje

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

In the house, outside the house, hitting continue on main screen does the same.

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

In the house, outside the house, hitting continue on main screen does the same.
I don’t know what to say, since there isn’t any character named that in game.

tontje

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Is it just me getting the error, is there something i need to install or something ?

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Is it just me getting the error, is there something i need to install or something ?
You are the first one I have heard of that have that error. did you use a save from 0.02 or anything like that?