What's new

[English RPG game] New paths [0.0.7][06.12.2016][PATREON ONLY]

pengy99

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: [English RPG game] New paths [0.0.4][04.09.2016][PATREON ONLY]

Other issues I ran into:

When randomly looking around in the bar in the starting town I went into the back room. When exiting the back room the game froze.

It seems like you should be able to view the computer after visiting the library for the second time but I don't see any way to trigger that. Is that content in?

This probably stems from the lack of being able to trigger the computer a second time. I can never actually choose to change into the dress in the general store, is that content in?

Last edited:

Lyxep

Reputation score

Other issues I ran into:

When randomly looking around in the bar in the starting town I went into the back room. When exiting the back room the game froze.
Yeah, it happend to me too. I think, its cause the PC try to do 2 steps instead of one (same as when you leave bedroom at home) so the PC bump into the innkeeper and game frozes.

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yeah, it happend to me too. I think, its cause the PC try to do 2 steps instead of one (same as when you leave bedroom at home) so the PC bump into the innkeeper and game frozes.
I know of this bugs. My main problem this week is that I work 16 hours shifts. So are just home to sleep before I go back to work. Next week all of this bug will be fixed and a bug release will be uploaded :) (i'm finished at work at wednesday)

demidemon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

You should have just waited for another week before you release 0.0.4

I understand you would like to make a release once a month but the revamp of system require lots of work and people would understand. Releasing a buggy version will only give people bad impression especially when players start commenting about bugs everywhere. Just post your progress or the reasons you have to delay the release and avoid releasing a buggy (non playable because you get stuck from time to time) version.

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

You should have just waited for another week before you release 0.0.4

I understand you would like to make a release once a month but the revamp of system require lots of work and people would understand. Releasing a buggy version will only give people bad impression especially when players start commenting about bugs everywhere. Just post your progress or the reasons you have to delay the release and avoid releasing a buggy (non playable because you get stuck from time to time) version.
I did 3 play true with 2-3 hours of gameplay each time. The main problem is that it isn't only 3-6 switches and variables here. I'm close to around 80 switches and 50 variables that trigger and do different things. (Clock. Time etc) and with a 24 hours time system where the player have total freedom to do what they want there is so many different variables at play that I need to release the game to find bugs or I would spent 1 week making content and 3 weeks bug testing. People don't understand the massive work that run behind the game to get everything to work together.
There is a reason there isn't any real time rpg game with a total freedom for the player. Because it's nightmare to make. And if i'm not wrong new paths is the first of it's kind on the rpg maker mv engine.
Just a quick example. There is 4 different outfits in games at this time. Normal. Gym. Sleep and shower.
All do this outfits have different trigger scenes. What's not allows and what allowed. And now what time of the day it's allowed or not.

This isn't a whining post or anything like that. It's more of a of course they're going to be bugs with a massive game like this :p

demidemon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I did 3 play true with 2-3 hours of gameplay each time. The main problem is that it isn't only 3-6 switches and variables here. I'm close to around 80 switches and 50 variables that trigger and do different things. (Clock. Time etc) and with a 24 hours time system where the player have total freedom to do what they want there is so many different variables at play that I need to release the game to find bugs or I would spent 1 week making content and 3 weeks bug testing. People don't understand the massive work that run behind the game to get everything to work together.
There is a reason there isn't any real time rpg game with a total freedom for the player. Because it's nightmare to make. And if i'm not wrong new paths is the first of it's kind on the rpg maker mv engine.
Just a quick example. There is 4 different outfits in games at this time. Normal. Gym. Sleep and shower.
All do this outfits have different trigger scenes. What's not allows and what allowed. And now what time of the day it's allowed or not.

This isn't a whining post or anything like that. It's more of a of course they're going to be bugs with a massive game like this :p
which was why i suggest you to stick with what you could do.. instead of drowning yourself in the sea of condition checks and stuff. Not that I don't appreciate your effort but sometimes you have to know your limit and learn your steps. A linear game might not be fun, but a dynamic game that crashes every now and then isn't any better.

In RPG VX Ace you can use custom code if you find the switches and variables are getting annoying, not sure how hard it is for MV. Using arrays for scenes and different outfits might help. Try to write algorithms and dry run your code or game flow on a piece of paper before you actually start working with MV. But if you don't have a programming background these aren't easy. As your game continue to expand, there will be more conditions/variables/switches etc to keep track on. Depending on the method you use to handle them, things will most likely get messy especially if you don't plan ahead. If the current content in the game is already giving you troubles, you should seek better help (this is only v0.0.4!!). If this is too time consuming, maybe you can work with a programmer, a 3D designer and just be the writer yourself.

Wish you good luck with your game, hope you can create something great.

Last edited:

K84

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I want to play this game this week. Thank you for sharing

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

which was why i suggest you to stick with what you could do.. instead of drowning yourself in the sea of condition checks and stuff. Not that I don't appreciate your effort but sometimes you have to know your limit and learn your steps. A linear game might not be fun, but a dynamic game that crashes every now and then isn't any better.

In RPG VX Ace you can use custom code if you find the switches and variables are getting annoying, not sure how hard it is for MV. Using arrays for scenes and different outfits might help. Try to write algorithms and dry run your code or game flow on a piece of paper before you actually start working with MV. But if you don't have a programming background these aren't easy. As your game continue to expand, there will be more conditions/variables/switches etc to keep track on. Depending on the method you use to handle them, things will most likely get messy especially if you don't plan ahead. If the current content in the game is already giving you troubles, you should seek better help (this is only v0.0.4!!). If this is too time consuming, maybe you can work with a programmer, a 3D designer and just be the writer yourself.

Wish you good luck with your game, hope you can create something great.
If I stick with what I could I would never have started out making games or 3dart. There have been a high Learning curve and I'm Learning a lot. The game will be better as I remove bugs and add content :)

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Bug fix 0.04A is out.

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

For the last couple of days, I have been reading on comments
on the 0.04 update. Some like the new changes other hate it. That’s why I’m
going to make it really easy for dose ho want to support the continue on new
paths in the future. I’m making the 0.04 update public so people can see what
they are supporting, and what’s required of their computer.

Since the 0.04 require more ram then the old versions. Many
of the reported crashes comes from people that have little to no ram on their
computers.

Progress on 0.05 is going good. Even most of my time have
gone to removing bugs as they have been reported.

For all of you that support me. Thanks for the support it
really means a lot to me. I do want feedbacks and what you think need to be
better in game.

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Downloading now - you teased me big time with the <blank> folder for a Mac download. Please - tell me you'll add that option at some point?;)

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Downloading now - you teased me big time with the <blank> folder for a Mac download. Please - tell me you'll add that option at some point?;)
That option is there and is working :)

Hoboy

Reputation score

That option is there and is working :)
I'll try again - but for me the Mac folder on Mega was empty...

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'll try again - but for me the Mac folder on Mega was empty...
I don’t know what’s happen. As long as I work now I’m happy.

Hoboy

Reputation score

Everything working fine - the .rar works perfectly. Don't know what the original issue was with the Mac DL folder, but it's fine now. :)

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Everything working fine - the .rar works perfectly. Don't know what the original issue was with the Mac DL folder, but it's fine now. :)
Good to hear :)

Dakeryas

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Could you post what events are included in the build? Because I can't seem to find any scene apart from the bath and the first run with the brother.

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Could you post what events are included in the build? Because I can't seem to find any scene apart from the bath and the first run with the brother.
As the first scene at the beginning of the game, you can talk to shopkeeper (Perry) that will open up future progress. (outside of the hometown)

EC-ZEX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

ANY WALKTHROUGH :(