What's new

[English RPG game] New paths [0.0.7][06.12.2016][PATREON ONLY]

sony101

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [English RPG game] New paths [0.0.4][04.09.2016][PATREON ONLY]

What is the problem?
I think what he wants to know is which scenes there are right now and how to get them. What makes me curious is the fact that you could get the scene with the shopkeeper in town after u read the second chapter in the book in 0.3 but i can't get it to trigger in 0.4. Also you could talk to boss in the bar. Most of the times I just look in the pictures folder to see if i missed a scene but in this case they are encrypted.

tl;dr: it would be nice if u could write a short list of actual scenes u can get in this version ^^

ps. obviously it would be appropriate to put the list in spoiler for people who don't want to see it :p

Last edited:
OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I think what he wants to know is which scenes there are right now and how to get them. What makes me curious is the fact that you could get the scene with the shopkeeper in town after u read the second chapter in the book in 0.3 but i can't get it to trigger in 0.4. Also you could talk to boss in the bar. Most of the times I just look in the pictures folder to see if i missed a scene but in this case they are encrypted.

tl;dr: it would be nice if u could write a short list of actual scenes u can get in this version ^^

ps. obviously it would be appropriate to put the list in spoiler for people who don't want to see it :p
The only part that is missing is the last scene with Perry. Other than that it’s more of less the same.
I’m not going to spend time listing every scene you can get in game at this time. And don’t think I will do that either since this game now is about exploring and try and error.

sony101

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The only part that is missing is the last scene with Perry. Other than that it’s more of less the same.
I’m not going to spend time listing every scene you can get in game at this time. And don’t think I will do that either since this game now is about exploring and try and error.
Ok i understand that. So you said only the last scene is missing, you mean the one after the second chapter of the book right?

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Ok i understand that. So you said only the last scene is missing, you mean the one after the second chapter of the book right?
There are 3 scenes with reading Perry book. Dose scenes are part of the main story, so they don’t active as other event.

What’s not in game at this time is the scenes where Suzie change in front of Perry to talk to Mr. Forman. (end of the 0.03)

sony101

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There are 3 scenes with reading Perry book. Dose scenes are part of the main story, so they don’t active as other event.

What’s not in game at this time is the scenes where Suzie change in front of Perry to talk to Mr. Forman. (end of the 0.03)
Ah ok thank you very much for clearing this up. Oh and i never really said so but I really enjoy your work so far and i appreciate that you are trying do do something different with the mechanics. Keep at it bro ;)

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Ah ok thank you very much for clearing this up. Oh and i never really said so but I really enjoy your work so far and i appreciate that you are trying do do something different with the mechanics. Keep at it bro ;)
Glad you enjoy the game :)

EC-ZEX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

What is the problem?
after i read the second chapter and go to library i can't do anything so go to the capital and work in rubbish or jogging
i can't use pc again or read the book again
i talk to perry and bar boss
sorry for my bad english :(

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I had that same problem - shouldn't start the trash collecting as I get locked in the city with nothing to do.

Also - if I choose to stay in town the only option is to jog. Jogging by myself works but there's really nothing to do after except read the book once. If I jog with the brother it errors out in the spot where she notices her boobs bouncing - get a width=null error. So - all in all - I can't past day one...if it makes a difference I'm playing the Mac version...(shouldn't make one, tho)

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

after i read the second chapter and go to library i can't do anything so go to the capital and work in rubbish or jogging
i can't use pc again or read the book again
i talk to perry and bar boss
sorry for my bad english :(
This is a 0.04 release and yes it’s not that much content in yet but it’s coming.

I had that same problem - shouldn't start the trash collecting as I get locked in the city with nothing to do. )
What are you saying?

Also - if I choose to stay in town the only option is to jog. Jogging by myself works but there's really nothing to do after except read the book once. If I jog with the brother it errors out in the spot where she notices her boobs bouncing - get a width=null error. So - all in all - I can't past day one...if it makes a difference I'm playing the Mac version...(shouldn't make one, tho)
Not to be rude now but most of the people having that crash don’t have the much ram in their computers. I don’t know why, but Have gone over the code 100 times now and played that part so many times I don’t know what ells it can be.

Last edited:

Hoboy

Reputation score

What are you saying?

Not to be rude now but most of the people having that crash don’t have the much ram in their computers. I don’t know why, but Have cone over the code 100 times now and played that part so many times I don’t know what ells it can be.
Point one - I am saying that if you go to town on the first day, go to the trash collection depot at the bottom right part of town, put on the trash collecting outfit you are stuck in town with no way out - once past 16:00 there is no leaving town.

Point two - this is a Macbook Pro with 4G ram and a Nvidia GeForce 320M with 256Mb. Never had an issue like this in any other RPG MV game I've played on this system. And why would Ram have anything to do with width=null? Wouldn't it be more screen or text box sizing? This is a 13" screen - maybe not optimized for the small laptop screen?

Nevertheless - still stuck...

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Point one - I am saying that if you go to town on the first day, go to the trash collection depot at the bottom right part of town, put on the trash collecting outfit you are stuck in town with no way out - once past 16:00 there is no leaving town.

Point two - this is a Macbook Pro with 4G ram and a Nvidia GeForce 320M with 256Mb. Never had an issue like this in any other RPG MV game I've played on this system. And why would Ram have anything to do with width=null? Wouldn't it be more screen or text box sizing? This is a 13" screen - maybe not optimized for the small laptop screen?

Nevertheless - still stuck...
Don’t think you read the part what your job as a waste collector is? You collect trash. May not been the best information given by me. Can see if I can make a better or easier way to show what your job is.

At this point I don’t understand why the game crash. But New paths required a lot more reassures then the normal rpg maker game dose because of all the information running in the background.

Hoboy

Reputation score

Exact circumstances - talked to Perry and found out about out of town job. Went jogging by myself (jogging with brother not working), then left town and got the trash collecting job. Collected all piles of trash in town (I think 5?). By then to was too late too leave town. I can try again by doing it immediately after talking to Perry, but still - just trying to point out ways people can get stuck...

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Exact circumstances - talked to Perry and found out about out of town job. Went jogging by myself (jogging with brother not working), then left town and got the trash collecting job. Collected all piles of trash in town (I think 5?). By then to was too late too leave town. I can try again by doing it immediately after talking to Perry, but still - just trying to point out ways people can get stuck...
Yes and five downtown at the left side on the map. (enter a new zone)

Hoboy

Reputation score

OK - my issue was I didn't actually "get the job" - I just found the outfit and started collecting garbage. Second time through I accepted the job and talked to the guy - who told me to show up at 8 the next day. Now my issue is - how do I get there at 8? Won't open early, and I end up getting there at like 7:40 with no way to advance time. I really didn't want to leave the room for 20 minutes while time ran off - how do I run through like 20 minutes without a real time loss of 20 minutes?? Do I only walk to the job? (I took the bus) :confused:

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

OK - my issue was I didn't actually "get the job" - I just found the outfit and started collecting garbage. Second time through I accepted the job and talked to the guy - who told me to show up at 8 the next day. Now my issue is - how do I get there at 8? Won't open early, and I end up getting there at like 7:40 with no way to advance time. I really didn't want to leave the room for 20 minutes while time ran off - how do I run through like 20 minutes without a real time loss of 20 minutes?? Do I only walk to the job? (I took the bus) :confused:
look at your items.

Hoboy

Reputation score

Well - duh! Never noticed that...

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Patch notes 0.04 to 0.05.

Main map.
No enter new zones you now have to press Action key (enter) This is to let players enter Zones again if the press wrong and want to enter that zone again instead of moving away then entering back. Times goes 1 hour forward the old way.

Bus system.
There will no grope events this patch since I can’t find a model for the bus. The models I have found don’t support daz studio or doesn’t have the interior.

The bus system will come into two zone.
Red zone: Home village. Capital, beach and Airport.
Yellow zone: Prison, Harbor and army base.
And a new price system depending on travel distance with increase time. Bus from Home village to Airport now cost 20 G and takes 45 min. This to be somewhat more realistic.

Beach and lifeguard. (require basic swimsuit)
Life guard work is now finished, and works. Its pays 125 G. Work time from 10.00 to 18.00. 3 random event.
Player can now play volleyball at the beach. Fitness +1 but its caped on 15.
Tanning. Gives 1+ charm but can only get the stat once a day. Takes 1 hour. 2 Random events

Small fix or changes:
Run with brother does not give more fitness over 10. Have planned to make a gym in the capital where the player can go and train.
Bug fixes as they have been coming in.
Render new images of the cloth store and are happier with dose.

Other information to 0.06
The hair type of Suzie is really starting to give me trouble. It’s in the way and I don’t think it have the same quality that I’m after. So I’m changing it when the player gets the new dress from Perry. Suzie will get a haircut and new shoes and story will progress form there. Body type and skin is the same.
And just to be clear, someone think I will start to translate the game to another language at this point. I’m not. IF and it’s a big IF New paths will get translated if will be furthered down the path. And that is a long time that will happen.

Starting a vote/suggestion for the 25$ supporters of what activities they want at the home village.

rizo

Reputation score

The most recent changes you just posted about, when will they be released to the public? Also when do you think the groping scenes will be added?
I've been keeping an eye on this for a while and I like the way it's going, I might pledge soon.

OP
D

drunknescafe

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The most recent changes you just posted about, when will they be released to the public? Also when do you think the groping scenes will be added?
I've been keeping an eye on this for a while and I like the way it's going, I might pledge soon.
The 0.05 will be released to patreon when the pledge is processed 3 or 4 next month. I think the next public released will be January or February next year. I have found a train/subway model that’s looks really promising at this point. The plan is that the train will connect with capital and the harbor. Where everything can happen. When this will be in game I can’t give an ETA on.

rizo

Reputation score

Oh cool, I was wondering. On your patreon the $10 reward is " Get updated released of New Paths " and the $25 one is "Beta Access" Is the $10 one the recent one when it's released or what's the difference between that and Beta access?