What's new

[DMM] Tentacles Tactics

Midnght

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [DMM] Tentacles Tactics

So did anyone manage to get the R versions of the starters ?
(managed to burn over 40k RP without getting a single one and i'm kinda starting to get annoyed by this..)
..so if anyone has some feedback on them pls do tell, cause if they are just like the cats (no real improvement from N->R..) then I probably won't be burning more RP trying to get them.

Main concerns are :
1. does any of them get any extra skills ?
2. how is K's knockback/dmg compared to Shadmalice or Maia Mercury ?
3. is the dodge rate of Akira better then her N version's ?
4. how is Manqu Qhapaq's dmg/usefulness compared to Yoshitsune ?

Well you're in luck.
35 of 112 girls in the spreadsheet as of today. 15 extras being their R or SR versions.

I have all of them in the spreadsheet pulled the data from the wiki.
What was there anyway.

So far the only one listed that seems to have a worth is Manco Qhapaq SR she gains an extra skill as SR, Otherwise she's prettt normal just beefier due to levels etc.

(HBC) Hit back confirmed
I surely be hit back the enemy attack hits
Goureddo +, Tamaki ring, Android Thunder Geiler, Zhang Fei, Manco Qhapaq (SR)

Last edited:

IdontRuin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Well you're in luck.
35 of 112 girls in the spreadsheet as of today. 15 extras being their R or SR versions.

I have all of them in the spreadsheet pulled the data from the wiki.
What was there anyway.

So far the only one listed that seems to have a worth is Manco Qhapaq SR she gains an extra skill as SR, Otherwise she's prettt normal just beefier due to levels etc.
..meh, guess I'll just skip them.

Midnght

Demon Girl
Reputation score

..meh, guess I'll just skip them.
Agreed the cost to bring out and the regen speeds for 10 more levels of defence and attack just not worth it. They really need to work a better balance for high end girls.

I mean they should regen faster not take longer. For the cost you have to spend. Its just ridiculous. makes sr girls damn near worthless. Except for one or two in a group.

IdontRuin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Agreed the cost to bring out and the regen speeds for 10 more levels of defence and attack just not worth it. They really need to work a better balance for high end girls.

I mean they should regen faster not take longer. For the cost you have to spend. Its just ridiculous. makes sr girls damn near worthless. Except for one or two in a group.
Nah they have VASTLY superior stats compared to lower tier units.
They can and will kill several of the lower tier units on their own.

.. actually the stat increases from N to R versions is nice, cause they most of the time wont get OHKO'd by SRs, meaning they are not just dead weight on higher maps.

The problem with the R versions of the starters is the same as the problem was with the starters at the start of the game.. namely Manqu has slow attack speed&animation, K has horribly low dmg even if all her shots hit(they usually don't cause her knockback chance is high), and Hibika has slow attack animation that gets her killed before doing anything usually(not to mention the usual evade chance trolling where sometimes she is almost untouchable while others she just gets steamrolled)

If they at least would have gotten some useful skills as bonus alongside their stat buff.. well maybe then they would have had a chance..
(got a R Hibika after 50k+ RP burned.. im not impressed well at least she doesn"t get OHKO'd by SRs so shes not COMPLETELY useless)

TL;DR they are outshined by other units.

MajinLuffy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I'm actually interested in SR Manqu and K.

Not every unit should be about how they perform by themselves, yes, Manqu it's slow, but it was one of my favorite units (picked her at the beginning) until I got better AoE melee (Yoshitsune), you just need to use them accordingly. I used to send her first than all the Martes because they would get to the fight first anyway but that way she wouldn't take too long to get there and when she did, bam! Like the description says, her ATK is awesome, I think she's almost R level power. Her cost looks cheap for a SR card (450 evolved/max obedience I think) and if her attack as a SR is proportional with her attack as a N, she should hit friggin' hard. Also, hitback is mighty useful when you really need to push the line (like when there is a mob of Elfellas behind the enemy line). As a R unit, yeah...probably not, would need to see how hard she hits and how much punishment she can take. K was also really useful for me, her hitback on those space units maps with the bazooka girls bombing my team helped a lot. But yeah, as N units they became obsolete because they simply would get killed too fast.

Btw, I think K gets a skill as a SR unit too, but I can't figure out which one.

I got a R Sniper but still haven't tried her out, want to see if I get another to level them up together. Unless she gets some sort of skill I don't know about when SR, I'm not interested, got units that are basically the same but AoE, but the R version should be nice.

EDIT 1: How does the "pack" gacha work? The one you choose one of the current campaign girls first. I think when you choose the girl you are choosing which pack of 9 cards to draw cards from (where the chosen girl is), each time you draw you get a girl and if it isn't the campaign girl you chose you have better chance next time because there are less cards in the pack. If that is correct...3000 freaking points for just ONE draw which also doesn't guarantee you'll get the one you want? Maybe there is less chance in the rare gacha because normally there is only 5% chance of getting a SR and if you get a SR you draw from a bigger pool of SR cards, but still...I rather spend 4500 points and even if I don't get the one I want I'll still get 10 friggin' cards (and probably some I didn't even know I wanted). Also, it seems to me that kind of system is getting popular, Devil Carnival has something like that but worse (a box of 255 cards where there is only 1 super hot SR card and like 4 other SRs) and Tentacle Kingdom had a box too but at least it had less cards and the 10 card draw wasn't as expensive. Now there is a "step up" gacha which is extremely expensive (it starts cheap but each time you draw you pay a lot more with more chance of rarer cards) and also doesn't guarantee you'll get what you want even if paying a LOT. I mean....I know they have to get money somehow but the tactics used to suck money are getting too exagerated in my opinion o_O (btw, watch one of the latest South Park episode, Freemium is Free =P)

EDIT 2: I think SR Monster Hunter K gets increased critical hit rate, greatly increased HP, and the extra skill she gets is Provocation, which would have been really useful in the last event =P.

Last edited:

IdontRuin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

So yeah after new udate..

..AWW YEAH

edit: oh right don't forget to clear browser cache or it won't show up...

darklink1011

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

there is also a giant boss rush event going on.
with ranking rewards as well as golden ticket giveaway i do believe.
the elf archer really seems to be kicking ass here, good thing i got 5 of her.

edit:holy crap get it while you can beating the last boss of a level gives you FIVE golden tickets.

Last edited:

darklink1011

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Ok found something else out about the event.
Even if time runs out during the boss fights you still win.
You just get half the points you would of got for killing the boss.
so stall tactics will work just as well if you don't have the fire power, just use a
steady stream of cheaper units to keep the boss locked in place.
5 Sarutobi Sasuke for example.

edit: well it did work until i got to 3-4 of the green haired girl stage then i face against someone who does aoe damage to a massive area capable of hitting both melee and my archers at once.
plus has a SR minion that causes knock-back...

Last edited:

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score

I've only been playing this for a bit, but I gotta say the current even is making grinding gals up utterly easy. 1-5 is like 213 exp for only 3 ST and gives out 120 points per run, even with a full batch of level 1's, you can beat the massive K's face in like 30 seconds or so. Thanks to this event I've already got 7 card slots unlocked, and nearing my 8th in turn. Also was able to get enough Golden tickets to get the chocolate range girl from her pay map. I don't I'll be able to get farther then the 3rd map thought at this rate, the bosses spawning range based mobs, including R and SR stuff, while they are hitting and KO'ing all of my poor N and R's faster then I can get them out is troublesome.

Tenchi757

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Oh, this looks fun. The last event was a snooze fest but at least I got a lot of RP.

What's the intel on all the new cards? I'm assuming some gacha, some for beating stages, and some from ranking rewards? I see some are listed in the rewards table.

Can't post image links yet but....
i.imgur.com/ZakoWHs.png

Couple tips so far:
- Some ranged characters like Caesar do no damage to bosses (doesn't apply to Elfella and others I've seen so far)
- Lots of fast and melee seems to be the ticket, good DPS helps (Y-Poola, Sasuka, Yoshitsune, Sapphire, any good SR)
- If you get enough attackers spawned the boss can get stuck in a "knockback" position (i.e., easy win)

Also, 3-5 is a PITA so far. Wonder how bad it gets...

Last edited:

Midnght

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Greetings ladies and gents.
Sorry I've been away for a bit.
I broke my wrist last Saturday.
Surgery Sunday.
Sleeping tons.

That said this is a nice event. The event girls are nifty to.
I have the new space sheriff SHAINER (melee range) and um ok ita soji
Both walk through and evade the big boss blasts highly useful.
They both give 200 energy each off the start of a stage. VERY NICE.

Low cost sr 100 down to 70.

54 and 61 recharge time it slow but still worth it imho.

Mmm beaten all stages thus far.
Fyi spend an st refresh once you die or two or three as needed you can win every level and collect all 30 golden tickets.

Also added an anniversary area spreadsheet. Sorry it's not complete but damn game has to do midday maintenance arg hate it.

But you'll note a useful new column rank XP per st. ;)

Have fun see ya laters peeps.

Last edited:
Reputation score

I have tried to play this for 2 days now. I made an account but after the spinning purple circle loads and I click the pink button to start I just get music and a spinning grey and white thing. My flash is up to date. Any ideas?

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score

I have tried to play this for 2 days now. I made an account but after the spinning purple circle loads and I click the pink button to start I just get music and a spinning grey and white thing. My flash is up to date. Any ideas?
Sounds like you got Ad Block or something running. The Game has an ad window for it's current events that it always try's to load on the main menu, if it's blocked, the menu will not load at all.

Flazo

Demon Girl
Reputation score

How do you do this event? The bosses always knockback and kill alot of my units before they can even start attacking the boss, especially 2-6 for the ranged boss, her ball of death mudered everything before they were even close. I dont have anyone who's projectile immune.

Also how do you manage your inventory? I find that 26 isnt enough.

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score

How do you do this event? The bosses always knockback and kill alot of my units before they can even start attacking the boss, especially 2-6 for the ranged boss, her ball of death mudered everything before they were even close. I dont have anyone who's projectile immune.

Also how do you manage your inventory? I find that 26 isnt enough.
I ended up using like all of the freebe revives for 2-6 pretty much and just won via stall. 5-6 is going to be even worse as 4-6's attacks just kept going even after they hit something...

Honestly feels like you'll need some really grinded N+'s ( 20+ or just capped at 30 ), or some rather solid R's with you having high energy recovery rate. The 3/6's are way out of my liege thought as the EN cost are insane, and even then the bosses are just kicking my ass at the X-1's. I think I'm happy with my 15 tickets and just grinding points and EXP on 2-5 to try to hit 40k and getting the last 50K in coins, if nothing else I've got a ton of +'s now to finish the normal missions with.

As for the card slots, yeah, 26 is utterly tiny. I can't really go "Ahh, just $4 bucks for +9 slots!" thought when what money I do get donated is suppose to go towards funding my current projects into completion...not feeding 10 minute web browser distractions >w>;;; So I tend to sell/devour any of the N melee's that don't have a solid gimmick towards them to keep them around for long, including after I get a + version of them so if nothing else I got the CG unlocked. Even so, I've only got like...8 R's and 14 N's and I'm still a little unsure on who to keep and who to ditch.

IdontRuin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

So what tactic/team/map are you all using to farm this event ?
(aside from the "faceroll cause I got the event girls from gacha")

EDIT:
For me it's spamming missile invalid units against Ann-Known(event map 6-5) to stall her until win, 900 points for 10 stam.
Cause while most bosses during this event can't be really stalled (pretty much all units attack them from farther then they start to attack so they keep crawling closer and closer until they will inevitably start hitting your tentacle with their ridiculous AOE attacks) she on the other hand while still dealing AOE dmg her dmg can be mitigated/ignored by missile invalid, also shes one of the few bosses that have longer reach so she can be stalled cause she won't come any closer as long as you have a unit close enough, so you can focus on killing her units while shes sitting there looking pretty and all.

Last edited:

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score

As I doubt I'll get any farther, I'm just grinding up cards on 2-5, as Mitsuyanagi will just sit there forever taking pop shots and never move forward, so she's utterly easy to just en-mass onto, around 730 exp, and 600 points for 7 ST investment. If I had any anti-missile units, I would so go for 6-5 thought, but honestly the main game's kinda bogging me as my only answer towards projectiles is...my own projectiles. Jean'de Arc hasn't wanted to drop for me yet via the spinners, so it's utterly slow going.

IdontRuin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Jean'de Arc hasn't wanted to drop for me yet via the spinners, so it's utterly slow going.
9-5 & 9-6 maps are a good place to farm for her, and because most missile invalid chars are SR, shes pretty much a must have.

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score

9-5 & 9-6 maps are a good place to farm for her, and because most missile invalid chars are SR, shes pretty much a must have.
Thanks a ton. I'll start grinding my way up there then, including that I'm almost at 40K points, the goal I was kinda hoping to reach for this event anyway.
With that I'll be able to buy the 8th card slot, and then just grind energy recovery rate and attack power up via normal cash flow.