What's new

ACT [azurezero] Dash - lil red ror (RELEASED £3.20)

Zerrest

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Dash - lil red ror

Holy shit. You beat us both out. Good job.
gobsmacked... i thought no one could do it under 15... note me and i'll give you one of my
Yowza, thanks! Really, the first part was making sure how many dashes I could do without ramming into a grey block by accident
But really, dashdashdash like no tomorrow

That, and failing 20+ times...

That's very generous of you though, and I'll get back to you after I play all of the demos!

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Dash - lil red ror (speedrun competition - 5 copies available when game is releas

Thanks for the feedbacks. I kinda slowed down because of E3 announcements. Azure expects this mini-game to have less than 10 CGs, but that partially depends on me (if I really wanna push it).

I'll probably be able to get this CG done today or tomorrow. I guess it's fine to show it since it should've been included in the demo.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Dash - lil red ror (speedrun competition - 5 copies available when game is releas

Thanks for the feedbacks. I kinda slowed down because of E3 announcements. Azure expects this mini-game to have less than 10 CGs, but that partially depends on me (if I really wanna push it).

I'll probably be able to get this CG done today or tomorrow. I guess it's fine to show it since it should've been included in the demo.
you know me, didn't wanna overwork ya

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Got it!
Pic attached

EDIT: It was hard.

Attachments

someguy1212

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I've done it ^^

Wow, I won slot number 5 ^^

Attachments

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've done it ^^
it seems thats everyone, but can i get a bigger version of that if you can?

someguy1212

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

it seems thats everyone, but can i get a bigger version of that if you can?
Sure, let me try this.

Thanks for the competition ^^ It was challenging =p

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sure, let me try this.

MUCH BETTER...competition over i guess...

SO, WHAT DID YOU ALL THINK? fun?

someguy1212

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I was stuck for a while till I figured out the super jump XD

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I was stuck for a while till I figured out the super jump XD
level7 was made to force the player to try everything until they figured it out... zodiark kept trying to jump and dash for about 5 minutes lol

foamy111

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Dash - lil red ror (speedrun competition - OVER, all copies won)

I got it in the end though my keyboard is still too shitty to really play the game. I can't dash jump while going left at all. It seems that my keyboard won't register it even if I do all the keys at the same time. Right is fine though. Also I know I didn't make it in time, but I'd still like to post my score. I think I could've saved half a second if I could make that long jump near the end.
http://imgur.com/qKiYFgN It appears as though I can't hotlink imgur pics... If only i made it 2 milliseconds later.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Dash - lil red ror (speedrun competition - OVER, all copies won)

I got it in the end though my keyboard is still too shitty to really play the game. I can't dash jump while going left at all. It seems that my keyboard won't register it even if I do all the keys at the same time. Right is fine though. Also I know I didn't make it in time, but I'd still like to post my score. I think I could've saved half a second if I could make that long jump near the end.
http://imgur.com/qKiYFgN It appears as though I can't hotlink imgur pics... If only i made it 2 milliseconds later.
kinda wanna extend it to 10 copies... if only cause the competition lasted way shorter than i thought (and it was partially to get people interested in playing it)

i would appreciate any feedback...

foamy111

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Dash - lil red ror (speedrun competition EXTENDED-4 more copies available)

I gave you my feedback in my other post, but I'll make a new one since it's playable for me until I have to dash jump left.

Pros
Gameplay is fun (Simple controls and fun design)
Controls are easy and responsive (Dash Jump takes some getting use to)
The sprite work and art are nice (The moaning is good too)
It has a decent difficulty curve so far (Except for the dart guys)

Cons
No learning curve (You're kinda just thrown in with a slime already chasing you)
The dart guys seem a little buggy (Sometimes the darts don't appear and you just see the explosion animation. Other times the dart guys won't shoot anything)

Great game so far. You might want to add a practice stage to the full game for people. Especially so they can get use to the dash jump.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I gave you my feedback in my other post, but I'll make a new one since it's playable for me until I have to dash jump left.

Pros
Gameplay is fun (Simple controls and fun design)
Controls are easy and responsive (Dash Jump takes some getting use to)
The sprite work and art are nice (The moaning is good too)
It has a decent difficulty curve so far (Except for the dart guys)

Cons
No learning curve (You're kinda just thrown in with a slime already chasing you)
The dart guys seem a little buggy (Sometimes the darts don't appear and you just see the explosion animation. Other times the dart guys won't shoot anything)

Great game so far. You might want to add a practice stage to the full game for people. Especially so they can get use to the dash jump.
there will be an intro stage where you just play around, but then the wolf speeds past you :)

someguy1212

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The first time playing through on level ten, I suicided so many times the blocks just vanished, though I think it's a one time bug.

As for anything else, I liked it. It was reminiscent of classic NES games and how you'd have to retry a stage over and over again till you got the feel for it.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I agree with everything foamy111 has said.

You have a good demo, I'm curious as how the story will be implemented in the final game.
Will there be cutscenes or dialogue in the story?
for the most part gonna do things in gameplay, no dialogue
but the story is pretty much that your racing the wolf through the woods before he can fuck your friend silly, and everything in the woods trying to stop you is his minion

Casual19

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

The first time playing through on level ten, I suicided so many times the blocks just vanished, though I think it's a one time bug.
I can pretty much confirm its not a one time bug, since it happened to me twice. Forcing me to restart the game. (Which pretty much killed the mood for trying to speedrun level 10.)

Though aside from that my experience with the demo was actually quite enjoyable. Once you get the hang of dash jumping it really opens up interesting ways to tackle a stage. Which is good for the sake of replay value.

I do have a few questions regarding CG if you don't mind.

1. Is the white slime or whatever that white stuff is, going to get its on CG or is it meant to share the same CG with the green slime?

2. The moving spike blocks, any CG coming from that or is that just gonna be a "normal" death?

And I guess that covers my questions for now.
Apologies if those were already answered.

Johannason

Lurker
Reputation score

-Just- under the buzzer. Or is it just barely over 15s? The 15:9 is kinda throwin' me... is that 15.9s or 15:09?

Kudos for including a level that forces the player to figure out the super-jump. The slime on that one arrives really fast, though, so there's not much time for experimentation before you're caught.

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I can pretty much confirm its not a one time bug, since it happened to me twice. Forcing me to restart the game. (Which pretty much killed the mood for trying to speedrun level 10.)

Though aside from that my experience with the demo was actually quite enjoyable. Once you get the hang of dash jumping it really opens up interesting ways to tackle a stage. Which is good for the sake of replay value.

1. Is the white slime or whatever that white stuff is, going to get its on CG or is it meant to share the same CG with the green slime?

2. The moving spike blocks, any CG coming from that or is that just gonna be a "normal" death?

1. i did allready answer this but that was when it was mud coloured, and it will have its own cg
2. the spikes will probably just shred her clothes and knock her out, i hadnt thought about it :) but no cg probably

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

also ive no idea what you mean by blocks dissappearing...what levels did this happen on and how
were the blocks still there but invisible?

Last edited: