What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Maelion77] Chronicles of Leridia

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Chronicles of Leridia

You can do a patreon, while saying explicitly "no advantage being a patron, just using it as donation system, I will not bother doing PR".

Because I think you will have more people using a patreon than a "donate" button, even like that.

FireoftheMonkey

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I agree with Keyen on the Patrion vote there, although honestly it is your final call. You have a really nice looking blog so a donate button there wouldn't hurt anything. Honestly if your blog did not look good I would say patrion all the way and treat it like just another page of your blog and don't have private updates.

Anyways honestly I'm good either way I would love to play a more complete chapter one sooner as opposed to later but I can wait for the full thing as well.

atex2500

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

that change log is impressive that's a lot bug fixes/ quality of life changes you've done in such a short time, im happy the deep forest will be an area we can save in now and wandering in the dark won't be as tough to navigate! Glad to see you have a passion for this game and you can really tell that by the emphasis on detail/sound work and little things like items in barrels that make you feel that you were rewarded for exploring instead of being funneled down a tunnel to h content. patreon is a nice way of letting your supporters have an easy way of funding you but a donate box on your blog could help too. I'm ok with waiting as long as you need for your next update. keep up the great work :)

archedio

Sex Demon
Reputation score

i rather play a complete chapter than an unfinished one, so i'll vote for more waiting.. :)

im a patient person..

note : im your fan, so keep up the good work :)

Combustion Man

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'd rather wait too, i specially hate it when trying a good game in progress and the new update is less than 30 minutes of gameplay.

I think they should use it as a mental torture in guantanamo. :D

I'm not sure about the support part as i never tried it but some of the best game dev around here use patreon and it seems to work.
Keep up the good work, it's impressive so far.

Papuru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just tried it out a while ago and I liked what I saw, especially the combat. Keep it up.

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I think Patreon as a whole is more easily accessible nowdays than other platforms, mostly because so many H-artists are using it.

You can definitely just use it as a donation pot without it becoming a job.

Edit: I assume by HF you mean Hentai Foundry? Because if it's that then I can't for the life of me find your profile. Also do you only accept PM's of the cat's name there and on twitter?

Edit 2: Nevermind, you meant Hongfire lol.. /facepalm

Last edited:

nymphe

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I think a patreon could be a good idea too. You take a lot of time to make the game, so if you have some financial support from fan it will be easier for you, and even if your blog looks great, I think people will go on patreon easier than on a blog.

Can't wait for the next release, but even if it's hard to wait, I would prefer to wait a bit and play the complete chapter, it's less frustrating once it's finished than a part of it ^^.

philjd

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I will repeat what almost everyone else has posted - this is a superb start to a game - very much looking forward to all of it's future developments.

OP
Maelion77

Maelion77

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've decided to work until the end of the first part of the game so it won't be frustrating for everybody.

So, I have one more important map to do and key events to close the main story.
Then, Pentagrams and some dynamic events...Balancing all the stuff with fame lust etc...
Bug testing with volunteers (some people use patreon for this but i don't think I will, just motivated few people).

I can't say when it will be done...But to be honest, don't expect it until the end of october. It's the price to pay for some quality.

I'll be thinking about patreon as a donation support.
Again, thanks for your feedback everybody, the game is taking shape.

Wiesior

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I guess I give a little feedback. But the demo is pretty short, and seems some material got cut. So I guess all of this feedback are not accurate to overall project.

Story/main quest seems to be short, even as for demo. But you call it Prologue and Episode 1... Maybe I missed something but all of it is only about become guardian and fulfill few villagers requests. Sidequests, especially this one about manor, seems to be more complex and more polished. Is this game develop into sandbox?
I suggest here add few more small side quests and events per map to make game more... more complete?
And btw. I understand village is not fortress but is Sylia the only guard for entire village? Heh, funny and it may lead to some hot situations.

Main heroine is extreme sexy, big breasts, skimpy armor. But in my opinion her make up a bit overdone. Also, it would be nice to see version with loose hairs.
She seems to be brave, arrogant, slutty and... naive and seems to be loyal to village. This, in combination with fact she is the only guardian in vielege, where everybody do want rape her is just beg for more hardcore fetishes: gangbang and gangrape by large crowds, bdsm, tortures and a little ryona.

About fighting system I have some doubts. Fight system with hentai monster is really fun. But if it come to normal monsters, it is boring and slow. Bad thing about this is normal monsters seems to be huge majority what is not good sign when we take in to account the game seems to have a bit too much grind.

Overall the game seems to have potential.

OP
Maelion77

Maelion77

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I guess I give a little feedback. But the demo is pretty short, and seems some material got cut. So I guess all of this feedback are not accurate to overall project.

Story/main quest seems to be short, even as for demo. But you call it Prologue and Episode 1... Maybe I missed something but all of it is only about become guardian and fulfill few villagers requests. Sidequests, especially this one about manor, seems to be more complex and more polished. Is this game develop into sandbox?
I suggest here add few more small side quests and events per map to make game more... more complete?
And btw. I understand village is not fortress but is Sylia the only guard for entire village? Heh, funny and it may lead to some hot situations.

Main heroine is extreme sexy, big breasts, skimpy armor. But in my opinion her make up a bit overdone. Also, it would be nice to see version with loose hairs.
She seems to be brave, arrogant, slutty and... naive and seems to be loyal to village. This, in combination with fact she is the only guardian in vielege, where everybody do want rape her is just beg for more hardcore fetishes: gangbang and gangrape by large crowds, bdsm, tortures and a little ryona.

About fighting system I have some doubts. Fight system with hentai monster is really fun. But if it come to normal monsters, it is boring and slow. Bad thing about this is normal monsters seems to be huge majority what is not good sign when we take in to account the game seems to have a bit too much grind.

Overall the game seems to have potential.
Thank you for the honest feedback about the demo.

You found the demo "pretty" short, could you please give me the length time of your play ?

Yes, material has been cut to a stage where I thought I'd stop the demo.
I'm working for 7 months now on the game and I wanted to release a very first demo to see how it was received by the public with few elements.

I guess I was right because at this stage, I can still work on the fundementals mechanics with feedbacks.
Of course you have the feeling that it is not complete, because it isn't.
The main story is at the beginning, everything is taking place.

I don't want to rush things. This is not a sandbox game and quests are just a part of the whole process. You found the Manor Quest polished, how about the Lumberjack Quest ?

I'm working on side quests and main story right now and some events in the place you visited in demo.

Yes, Sylia is the Guardian of this "small village". It's too small to have guards at the entrance in my universe.

I know combats are a bit slow but the grinding feeling shouldn't be there in the next update (or it will be for optional events but not too much) and I try to reward the player with items you can resell on basic creatures.

Wiesior

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

First I did main quest in ~1h. Next day I went to crypt and I discovered Manor Quest what took me another hour.

Lumberjack Quest - I feel this one is unfinished or I miss something. Part inside house was fast and said nothing. I can not go there second time. Information about missing dancers I got by luck when I went out from house at night. Only way how to get more information what I see is hire our heroine as dancer, but no this quest in demo. So I'm confused if the quest is unfinished or I miss something.

Fact the combat is slow is not disadvantage itself. Problem is somewhere gameplay design. Your combat system works perfectly with hentai monsters, but it make fights boring (and slow) with normal monsters. In my opinion it would be better decrease amount battles with normal monsters and use current system with hentai monsters to other kind of violations on our heroine (and that is the one of reasons I suggested a little ryona).

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

What's with the bats, they stun me and then I just sit and watch how they slowly kill me...
An I missing something, some way to prevent stunning?

OP
Maelion77

Maelion77

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Lumberjack Quest - I feel this one is unfinished or I miss something. Part inside house was fast and said nothing. I can not go there second time. Information about missing dancers I got by luck when I went out from house at night. Only way how to get more information what I see is hire our heroine as dancer, but no this quest in demo. So I'm confused if the quest is unfinished or I miss something.
No it is not unfinished. It's complete and...
It opens to the Slave Market Quest. You take a note behind the painting in LJ basement. Sylia suggests you to read it when leaving the tavern.
This opens the Slave Market Quest (that you triggered because you had the event in the night afterward).
You talked to NPC in the tavern during the day like and you had the line about going out the night to see what happens, so it is not by "luck". You may have not pay attention to the dialog at that time. Moreover, this step is described into the Slave Market Quest as step 2.

So I want to be clear, you don't trigger this event by luck. The quest is written.

I agree that combats may be slow and to put some ryona a bit more is a nice idea. Like everything else, it takes time to make Hentai events and especially in combats. I'll keep it it mind.

What's with the bats, they stun me and then I just sit and watch how they slowly kill me...
An I missing something, some way to prevent stunning?
There's always a way to fight back monsters or prevent some status effects. Bats are no exception. They drop some "Hot Coffee", use this before fighting them and you're protected for 3 turns against their attack.
You can buy it at the merchant or they drop it sometimes.

Remember that items are important in the game, as well as rings. Don't underestimate them.

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

There's always a way to fight back monsters or prevent some status effects. Bats are no exception. They drop some "Hot Coffee", use this before fighting them and you're protected for 3 turns against their attack.
You can buy it at the merchant or they drop it sometimes.

Remember that items are important in the game, as well as rings. Don't underestimate them.
Yeah, I found out that the coffee helps today. Thanks.

Harib

Lurker
Reputation score

I really enjoyed this demo. The protagonist is super hot, the solo scenes are great (the masturbation in the well, the lake, etc), and I love how she starts off pure but is corrupted to become sluttier over time. The focus on sex and mindbreak from pleasure is perfect for me, the scenes with Jack and the abomination were super sexy. The characters felt well detailed and the story and quest and leveling and skill-up systems (martial arts, focusing, etc) felt really well made and fun, if a bit on the grindy side but that's fine. Keep it up!

If I were to have you add one thing to the game, it would be in-battle rape or molestation. There was a hint of that already, how her portrait changes if she goes below a certain health level, but having a "rape" or "fingerbang" skill something like the "spank" and "slap" skills for the enemies would be incredibly hot.

B

bleahblah

I enjoyed the demo immensely. I do agree that initially, the combat with non hentai monsters is slow. Demos always feel short when you are having a good time but have alot of tease scenes. I cant wait for an update and hopefully whore her out to some goblins. :)

Argail

Reputation score

Little Feedback,

I played the Demo and i really liked it. I like the Art (but thats always a personal preference) and how the "Story" developes. Even if the Story Part was rather short ;) .

The best thing in my opinion was the combination of H and Skill/PlayerDevelopement. I enjoy H content for sure!! And if there is such a thing like skill system or requirements to skill a charakter like a classic RPG i enjoy it even more.

So pls keep up such good work and don´t drop it xD. Can´t wait for a new demo or "somplete game" :D

PS: THX for the work so far