What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Maelion77] Chronicles of Leridia

cezul

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Chronicles of Leridia

Pretty cool game so far!

I'm alright with the combat and the amount of H Enemies compared to normal enemies. My only suggestions would be:

- I think either make some more side view sprites for Leridia in combat, theat are more animate ( so they'd reflect her current status better in battle, like her top coming off, etc ), or have the battle presentation to what i'd call the industry standard these kinds of games ( full art of the heroine in foreground, with enemies in the back kind of Dragon Quest style ) would make more sense I think for this kind of game, as it'd center around the sexy heroine more.

- her techniques should always show the cut in animation, and when she pulls off a flawless move, maybe the same cut in but from a different angle like an upskirt/pantsu shot

- This might be a given, but I hope an exposure feature is implemented! She can get naked and have people and enemies react differently to it.

Just my two cents on it, definitely going to be following this project.
Pretty good alpha.

OP
Maelion77

Maelion77

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Pretty cool game so far!

I'm alright with the combat and the amount of H Enemies compared to normal enemies. My only suggestions would be:

- I think either make some more side view sprites for Leridia in combat, theat are more animate ( so they'd reflect her current status better in battle, like her top coming off, etc ), or have the battle presentation to what i'd call the industry standard these kinds of games ( full art of the heroine in foreground, with enemies in the back kind of Dragon Quest style ) would make more sense I think for this kind of game, as it'd center around the sexy heroine more.

- her techniques should always show the cut in animation, and when she pulls off a flawless move, maybe the same cut in but from a different angle like an upskirt/pantsu shot

- This might be a given, but I hope an exposure feature is implemented! She can get naked and have people and enemies react differently to it.

Just my two cents on it, definitely going to be following this project.
Pretty good alpha.
Thanks for the feedback.
I won't be able to change view battle at the stage of the game now, it will remain side battle a la final fantasy.

Flawless moves is an interesting idea. I am afraid that showing a picture with EACH technique you use may get boring pretty fast and take away the feeling of doing a special move.
Still, I can work on some other angles or poses and add them with a random dice rolled to show it when the tech is used. Like everything else, this thing needs some time to be implemented but it can be done when polishing the game (as well as more lines in dialogues in combat, more everything...)

No hot news recently here are good news for you all...I am working hard on the chapter one and close from finishing the story events.
I got some little scares with bugs but everything is okay now (Yesterday, I couldn't open my game because a plugin had been moved by mistake and I had error when running the game...I don't wish this kind of scare for any dev around here)

Keep tuned on the blog, Beta 0.2 should come in november.

cezul

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So, i'm about 2 hours and 40 mins in, think I've got everything.

Even found that hidden cat. Not the one in the lumberjack's house.

Overall, i think the game is pretty good as i've said before. One thing i forgot to mention is how the game changes thematically. It's fairly colourful at first, but there's some really dark undertones with the story, and the bad ends are some serious icing on the cake.

Also, i'll never see the green goblin from Spiderman the same way every again.

nopezetsu-san

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yo Mealion ! to be honest i saw your game (at your post from Valentina's Story)
and gave a shot to game and it is truly beautiful gamei I might addicted to these illusion powered MC's thanks to both of games :p I know it is still in early stage but game look really good so far but there is one thing to annoy me.

When the mc get's in bad end routes is it really necessary to "game over" ? Cant it be return the latest scene where she return the beggining of event or dungeon ? Also when monsters kill her would be better in my opinion if she return somehow to home or somewhere to rest again i really dont like game over thing in H-rpg games :3 Other than that everything good good luck with future updates :):D

OP
Maelion77

Maelion77

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I know some people like GOR and other prefer a BR with no bad endings...So I mixed both.

I want to keep GOR elements so that there's some danger. I understand it may be frustrating sometimes but it is in the mood of the game. I describe what happens next if Sylia is out, it's a part of the story itself.

You will be able to save anytime in 0.2 like in 0.1 with the bug of the deep forest gone so enjoy ^^.

Just a word to say that the story of Chapter 1 is complete now.
I spend my holidays right now adding some stuff and balancing battles.
Beta is soon for the ones who applied (no longer available).

BooFoo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

not sure if this has been mentioned before but has you considered doing patreon?

nopezetsu-san

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Here is what i found as a bug (i dont know if it is already reported but)

if you goes near that wall end engage enemy you stuck that wall

OP
Maelion77

Maelion77

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thank you for bug reporting.
This one has been corrected. The through walls are a real pain in the ass when you want to create maps with mixed tiles.

Currently, I have no patreon and no way for you to support me at all.
I'm doing it for free but after the large amount of work sank in 0.2, I'll consider a way of donating on my blog.
I'm not really good for patreon management...For 1 $ you have this for 5 $ you have that...
I don't have stuff other than my game (maybe the cg's and my poses of the week in full format...) and I want to share it with everybody once it is released.
I'm still thinking people can appreciate the work you have DONE and donate for that. It's a kind of way of supporting you for what you could do next....
Some people said I could use patreon just as a donate system because it is more popular than a donate button...
This dilemna gives me headaches...I skipped that until now because I want to focus on my game and not side (but I agree essentials aspects).

So give me an hint...Would you consider at the stage of the demo 0.1 that the game would worth a patreon ? (or donate?)

ps : I agree that financials aspects may be boring for some people following this thread but I wanted to answer to BooFoo. COL will never be a paywall and always be free if in the future you won't want to give a single penny.

Combustion Man

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Let's say many game developers are very successful with patreon and most of them started with far less than what you offer in your demo version.

From what i saw, some of them don't offer any substantial benefits to their patreons, for example, some don't have the early release option and it works quite well or some just propose an early release one week earlier for supporters.

If you want some ideas about what to offer, i could help.
I mean, it's quite easy, nobody here invented it, many commercial games did it before, you can offer to name some NPC, to create a special NPC, to propose scenes ideas or side quests.

Of course, you can add some restrictions, like it has to fit in your story and in whatever you have in mind and want to be included into your game.

Anything else is possible but the hype comes from people's expectation, making them an even small part of the project will make it work (i worked in sales management in B to B ) even better.

You're doing really good already, you shouldn't be afraid about patreon, nobody has to fund your project, people will do it because they want to and they can.

The only thing you need to keep in mind if you open a patreon account is communication, you'll have to communicate regularly, maybe keep a progress chart, add some spoiler from time to time...

ZhouTai

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I think after what was shown on display from 0.1, you certainly have a project that would encourage people to donate/fund

You seem uninterested in patreon and bare in mind they take their cut so whatever you did manage to gain they take their share whilst donations as you say at least all go to you.

Im happy with the characters look and the concept of Battle/rape and GOR mixture, Best of both worlds as I enjoyed the goblins having their way with her so far.

Love to get my hands on 0.2, but generally I feel theres nothing that needs changing.

OP
Maelion77

Maelion77

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hi there,

Beta test of 0.2 version had begun for one week now. Feedback reported some bugs that have been patched and the version is close to public release.
I had some stress moments with a big problem but it should be okay now.

Don't hesitate to go visit the blog from time to time.
I'll post a new link here too when it's public.
I don't know how to...Should I edit the first page ? I guess so.
I will edit the title too as Chronicles of Leridia 0.2 Out or something like that.

Stay tuned !

Attachments

Dalurker

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hi there,

Beta test of 0.2 version had begun for one week now. Feedback reported some bugs that have been patched and the version is close to public release.
I had some stress moments with a big problem but it should be okay now.

Don't hesitate to go visit the blog from time to time.
I'll post a new link here too when it's public.
I don't know how to...Should I edit the first page ? I guess so.
I will edit the title too as Chronicles of Leridia 0.2 Out or something like that.

Stay tuned !
Yes, that's how most people do it. An update to the thread title's and first post. You can also add an extra post at the end of the thread to remind people of the change.

It will spread like wildfire. :cool:

xpyke

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It took me a while to understand that 12/03/2016 was December and not March! But aside that congratulations for the new version :D

Shiri garu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

oh... I can't wait for .2, I will play it and give feed back. Version .1 was already good and better made then most half baked games on this site so I'm looking forward to it.

ZhouTai

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Psst its saturday now in some places ;)

OP
Maelion77

Maelion77

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It is...^^
Be a little more patient and check the blog, it has been updated.
Uploading now...sleeping this night and tomorrow a brand new post ;)

OP
Maelion77

Maelion77

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Chronicles of Leridia 0.2 is released :)
Please give me some feedback and enjoy the game !

REPULOADING with a patch now. Check the thread later, thank you and sorry about that.

Check first page for more info or the blog.

Important notice : Start a new game, don't use old save

Last edited:

nopezetsu-san

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Chronicles of Leridia 0.2 is OUT !

oh boiii it is finally here ! cant wait to play it gonna send lots of feedbacks later :D