What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Maelion77] Chronicles of Leridia

B

bleahblah

Re: Chronicles of Leridia

Any chance of oviposition or cum inflation?

Shiri garu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well I finished the demo and I have to say this demo has alot of potential in it then most h-games out there. theirs fun quest and side quest to do in the demo with fun h-scenes. I like your girl she is created nicely and great to look at even if some people don't like the 3d art, remember that you can't cover everyones taste so when people tell you to put something that you don't like in your game then don't, do it because you enjoy it and when you finish then people will enjoy it too.

I love the combat it's something new and makes combat alot of fun. Your character can get tamed, groped, and spanked in combat which can lead to different effects. The the most charming thing about the combat is that their dialog between the heroine and the h-monsters. I think that is great and makes combat feel more alive so maybe you can try to create more dialog during fights, like when the character uses a special move and taunts the enemy for future monsters. some ideas.

I also like the main character's personality. She is overconfident, sassy, soiled, she thinks she is better then everyone else, she hot and she knows it, likely to taught enemies in a humiliating way, and innocent in way. Yeah it will be fun to watch her throughout her adventurers only to kick off her high horse by h-monsters.

Last edited:

Combustion Man

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Updated for the 0.2b version which i played from the beginning.

Let's play the positive / negative game.

Positive :
+ Interesting plot, i really want to know more (which is not really common, let's be honest ;-) )
+ Various quests and sides quest (i can't help it, i usually prefer side quests than the main quest which gets you closer to the end ^^ )
+ Good battle system
+ Mapping is really good looking and it's not a copy/paste of the same city we can see in most MV games
+ i like the day / evening / night alternating
+ Nice H scenes
+ A lot of H content
+ Pentagrams, great idea, quite unique
+ Upgrading skills, not unique but quite unusual (and welcome )
+ The story really doesn't disappoint, it's really great
+ Fighting pace is faster (it could be a little faste for my taste but it's better, thanks for hearing us )
+ Narrow passages are no more in the new areas (and less monsters in the "old ones" )
+ Puzzles in the last demo area
+ Story branching with repercussions on H-scenes and scenario

Neutral :
- I'm not a big fan of the main character, still, it slowly grew on me.

Negative :
- It's not over yet, my last save shows only 9+ hours ...
Just kidding, great work, thanks :D

Overall :
It's really great, it's now in my top 5 of most wanted in progress English H RPG.

Last edited:

minipotato

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

good choice using aradia's kato as protag's armor. though i think it'll be better if you would just add a texture to the outfit instead of pure black. aradia makes good outfits and not seeing those juicy details in the pictures are a little icky.

side quests are nice. i found myself hunting the side quests right off the bat

combat could use a little speed up, especially when you have to fight several mobs at once. constantly watching multiple rats charge up and "panic" attack me gets tedious after awhile

with the way the special stats are set up, there seem to be a potential of turning protag into a nymphomania, are you planning on something like this in the future?

just my 2 cents

OP
Maelion77

Maelion77

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey there,

Glad to see so many positive feedbacks AND criticism.

First thing i noticed is that game doesn't have button for hide text (at least i didn't found it from buttons that usually do that thing, maybe it's there, if it is, my bad ), that's kinda must have...
I know. I think i could use a plugin for this or something simple enough to put in the game. If someone knows how to implement this, pm me. (i'm not an expert of rpg maker, i miss a lot of tips)

2nd thing is that on some pictures her tits looks like they are not part of her body, just some fake things "glued" to her or something (again, maybe it's just me, that's not really important but i thought to mention it )
This is a problem with the studio poser. Some pose are just weird. In the flow of making poses, i cannot see sometimes that it is ugly. I'll have a particular look at this for the next poses.

3rd thing is game over thing... Maybe there can be a way to see scenes and after that escape or something like with LJ basement where he takes you to be his prisoner. At least put up a warning with an option, for eg. area = "enter yes/no" or for fights = "fight yes/no". I saw warnings but usually too late and without option to go back. I just hate loading my savegame after checking every "lose" scenes
This mechanism exists later in the game. But it'd break the flow of the quest in LJ so i won't put it there. You have already an option to skip the scene.

4th thing.... Maybe you can put a spoiler with all the scenes that are in current V. of the game so we can make sure we didn't missed anything. Game is "boxed" so i can't check pic folder :/
I'll think about it.

5th... That see-thru outfit... It's ok but does she needs to wear it while practicing with her father and walk in that thru the city? Will there be an incest in the game? I didn't saw that mentioned anywhere, just asking...
This is the naive part of the heroine. It's not shocking for the father for some reason (i think i should work on this ^^)

last thing is RPG MV, i just hate it (probably not alone there). Game gets laggy sometimes with no reason and even closes/crashes the game...
That's weird and annoying. I cannot share the unboxed version though.

I think that is great and makes combat feel more alive so maybe you can try to create more dialog during fights, like when the character uses a special move and taunts the enemy for future monsters. some ideas.
It's on my list. When the mechanics will be done and the story complete, i'll put more details on several things.
I just realized Charm Skill didn't have any pictures of Sylia. So, next step is to put special taunts with sylia charm skill and more dialogs during fights (without too much)

- Narrow passages can be annoying as you can't avoid monsters, it'd be nice if we could get through normal monsters after escaping them like in some H-RPG
Getting through enemies after an encounter is beyond my skills now. I could enlarge the tunnels in order to avoid the enemy...i don't know.

combat could use a little speed up, especially when you have to fight several mobs at once. constantly watching multiple rats charge up and "panic" attack me gets tedious after awhile
Yeah, it's a bit slow sometimes. You know a plugin to speed up the battles a little bit ?

i didn't find her father who's supposed to train during the evening, maybe it's not done yet ?
Sylia says it the first time during sunset, the father is upstair reading a book

I worked on the demo part today (no spoiling the main game) here's the changelog of the day :
COL 05.08.2016

-- Lights added in the tavern during sunset
- Added a condition event in LJ Quest for not having the painting event twice if you activate it then hide from the L Jack and activate it again
- Added a missing battleground in the basement

Content :

-Added descriptions in the manor for bookshelves, drawer and fireplace

Next step : Making a special pic for the winners of the minigame (okay...you are around 25-30 people who sent me a pm...) You may have the same pic (i'll do 3 or 4 pictures with a special thanks)

Last edited:
Reactions: Byk

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This was better than I expected, both as an MV game and an early Western demo.
The only things I don't like is how grindy it is, that there are a lot of misspellings (especially 'i' instead of "I") and no skip text button.
Will gladly wait for progress.

Combustion Man

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

This was better than I expected, both as an MV game and an early Western demo.
The only things I don't like is how grindy it is, that there are a lot of misspellings (especially 'i' instead of "I") and no skip text button.
Will gladly wait for progress.
There is a skip button, it's "inser" (same one in all MV games) on my keyboard (azerty) but it's quite useless here.

Ecroose

Demon Girl
Reputation score

theres a little bit of leftover french...or is it spanish? in the ailment resistance screen, and when you use the guard action (Garde instead of Guard)

OP
Maelion77

Maelion77

Demon Girl
Reputation score

theres a little bit of leftover french...or is it spanish? in the ailment resistance screen, and when you use the guard action (Garde instead of Guard)
Because i'm using the french version of the software. I already had to write everything in english but i may have missed few things such as Garde meaning Guard.

For the "i", so it is "I" everytime in english ? I've learned really something then !

Really, the game is grindy ? I just played the demo again and i didn't have to grind doing all the quests. I think if you grind it's because you're running in circle and there's nothing left to do in the demo.
It won't be necessary in the full game.

Now for the H-Content, to be sure you didn't miss something, here're some tips about Lust and Horniness and the H-Stuff you may find, warning, BIG SPOILER here :
- Lust is raised when being defeated by the goblins in the deep forest
- Lust and Horniness can be raised EACH evening when taking a bath (Lust +1 and Horniness +5)

H - CONTENT :

-The way of pleasure (2 places to enjoy your hot body, i won't spoil it now)
- Bad End Route Abomination
- Bad End Route Lumberjack

Lust lv2 opens the Dancer Job that is unavalaible in demo. This option is 100 % done since yesterday (hooray !), it will be in next release and it's very funny with lot of options for later
Lust Lv 3 and the following are for next update.

A note about the next update : Don't expect an update very often. In fact, i think the next update will close the whole "first" part of the project with an opening to a sequel. Expect it as a very large update because my current status is very advanced to the Demo you had (I prefer to anticipate a lot). I released the demo because it was time for me to have some feedback, there's a lot more in the game. So, you won't be disappointed because i may have not continued to do the game, it already exists ^^. It can take time for next release though.

Last edited:

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Really, the game is grindy ? I just played the demo again and i didn't have to grind doing all the quests. I think if you grind it's because you're running in circle and there's nothing left to do in the demo.
It won't be necessary in the full game.
Or because you want to beat that Goblin at the end of the Trial instead of letting him fuck her tits. If there is a way to beat him without grinding to level 3 at least - I didn't find it (and yes, I did blind him).

Another reason to grind is to master the combat skills and to gain Fame (since one way to gain Fame is by doing "great" moves in combat).

There's also the Abomination boss - you'll need to do some grinding if you don't want to rely on luck when fighting it.

So yes, the game can be rather grindy at times.

OP
Maelion77

Maelion77

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Or because you want to beat that Goblin at the end of the Trial instead of letting him fuck her tits. If there is a way to beat him without grinding to level 3 at least - I didn't find it (and yes, I did blind him).

Another reason to grind is to master the combat skills and to gain Fame (since one way to gain Fame is by doing "great" moves in combat).

There's also the Abomination boss - you'll need to do some grinding if you don't want to rely on luck when fighting it.

So yes, the game can be rather grindy at times.
Here's my advice :
The Goblin can be beaten at lv1 if you check all the barrels in the village with healing herbs and a Thunder ball that paralyze him in the barn.
Fame can "only" be gained by great moves so far, later you'll be able to gain it with another way.
Abomination is an optional boss, you can take it easier with the very useful uppercut skill.
I hope the grinding didn't make you go away from the game.

masakatsu

Lurker
Reputation score

Just out of curiosity. Did you intentionally make her look like as much of a bimbo as possible? or did it just come out that way?

xpyke

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I have a problem to report, during the bartender quest if I lose it's game over and my save got deleted... Had to restart the game, sure it was not that far but guess I should report it as it is frustrating.

OP
Maelion77

Maelion77

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Just out of curiosity. Did you intentionally make her look like as much of a bimbo as possible? or did it just come out that way?
Nope, it was not on purpose. It's just my style. Some people complain about the size of her breasts too. I like hot heroines with make up and high heels, short skirts, overconfident and being molested. That's just my fetishes you see here.
We have lot of bimbos on french riviera where i live and i must admit i hate them ....duh ^^

I have a problem to report, during the bartender quest if I lose it's game over and my save got deleted... Had to restart the game, sure it was not that far but guess I should report it as it is frustrating.
Where was your last save ?
There's a problem with save so i will disable the "save anywhere" thing in the next update and make people able to save on Golden Statues.

xpyke

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Where was your last save ?
There's a problem with save so i will disable the "save anywhere" thing in the next update and make people able to save on Golden Statues.
I would prefer to save anywhere, i think I can pinpoint the problem, every time I try to save on a map that doesn't let me, the save that I tried to overwrite gets deleted, I am now keeping 3 saves, on many maps that I could not save, every time I tried to do it removed the save I selected, but not the others.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Not sure if this has been addressed but I was wondering is there a way to play in fullscreen without it being the small window with the black border? The tiny screen gets annoying lol

keith3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Good initial release - I don't usually like the 3D models but this one was alright. Here's my feedback with the game so far.
  • I have no idea what option->memory does. Might want to clarify.
  • It seems you still get hit sometimes when slap/spank miss, and don't get hit when there's no "miss" text. I think this just needs to be correlated.
  • On that same note, dance of the goblins can miss? Just seems a bit awkward.
  • Consider re-including a battle skip key. Something like SSEP BattleSpeedUp could work (mvplugins.com/master-list), but I never developed in RPG Maker before.
  • Interacting with the bottom half of the coffin won't open the secret passage. I can see why you may have done that based on how the coffin moves, but could potentially prevent a player from discovering this.
  • I managed to run into an invisible monster in the passageway to the manor, is this supposed to happen?
  • One of the voiceovers when Sylia does a move that increases fame sounds too chipmonk-ish, might want to consider lowering the pitch.
  • Should be able to bypass enemies when fleeing (rather than being forced to fight). Having to kill a slime blocking my path to the deep forest gets annoying, especially since I need to keep leaving the forest to save.
  • This is more preference, but I'm used to RPG Maker games where bosses are 2-3 times stronger than the average enemy in the area. In Leridia they seem 5x stronger or more. I think either tone down the bosses a bit or increase Sylia's stats more for each level. Currently there's not much difference in Sylia's damage at level 1 vs level 10 for the same skills. In most boss battles (especially the Abomination) I'm just chiseling at its HP and drinking potions between turns. Gets slightly boring and drains cash.

Not sure if this has been addressed but I was wondering is there a way to play in fullscreen without it being the small window with the black border? The tiny screen gets annoying lol
Hm, pressing F4 works fine for me. Depending on your screen you might get letterboxing, but either the game's width or height will match your screen's.

Last edited:

Ecroose

Demon Girl
Reputation score

when i fought the abomination, i just spammed the hell out of uppercut.

Ancellion

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Honestly when i started this i didnt expect too much, im usually not a fan of 3d in hentai games.
But the game as it is now is actually quite fun, i rly liked the 3D art in this aswell as the main character, there's also allot of stuff you can do, even the combat was pretty fun (especially once i found out that the fire bomb allowed me to hit more targets :p)
Its clearly still a work in progress (got quite a few bugs here and there), but im looking forward to the complete product, gj mate! :D