Reputation score
Re: Thunder Warrior Raidy

Ok i just need the thing Aika posted thx :eek:

Briggs

Lurker
Reputation score

Thanks.

One question. How to install it without it showing in Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel?

Help please.:(

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Uh.... as far as I know there is no way to do that unless you want to hack your operating system. Why would you need to do that, anyway? Does someone really regularly browse your add/remove programs list? o_O

Sairu

Lurker
Reputation score

Try installing the program then copy and paste the game files into another location then go into add and remove programs and run the uninstall. Since you moved the game files it won't find it in the designated directory and should remove it from the list. Haven't tried this my self so let me know if this worked for you.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

You have strange family if someone regularly looks through the add/remove list for unidentified programs and then then decides to run them to find out what they are, and then decides to try playing the game :p

Briggs

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm in one of those stereotypical full-Jesus-supporter families.

Yes, for all of my life, everything in my life is all about Jesus and the gang.

If they found out, I'm screwed (in a holy way).:(

I will try Sairu's way now, thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited:

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Briggs, so am I. I just happen to be the only one that knows my way around a computer...

also I have my own >_>

DemonKammy

Lurker
Reputation score

ZyX is working on a Thunder Warrior Raidy 3 where the bosses from the first game are in your party!

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I heard about that. I'm not too excited about it though. Considering I heard about it two or three years ago and it still hasn't come out. And considering how long JAST is taking to translate the second one (half a year now from their projected finish date, still no word), I don't expect to have some good old wholesome fun with the third one until 2020 or so.

(this is all, of course, a lie - I'm TERRIBLY excited about it, I just can't think about how I'm excited or else I'll boil over with anticipation =( )

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Wow, a whole party? Sounds interesting.

Briggs

Lurker
Reputation score

aika...so we are on the same boat eh? At least your situation is better than mine. The only one who doesn't know how to use the computer is my mom, and I'm a family of 8...:(

And Sairu's method worked! No LWR in my Control Panel! Rep to the guy (if only I knew how to)!

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Find the post where he suggested it and click on the scales in the top right corner there.

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Wow. Grats dude. I honestly didn't expect that to work. You can play the game just fine? It doesn't come up with a wrong directory error? I would have thought that doing something like that would completely mess with the registry and render you unable to even start it up.

Anyway, hopefully you'll move out soon and you won't have to resort to these measures. Grats on finding a workaround though, and good luck keeping the rest of your stuff hidden =P

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Moving directories which programs are in generally doesn't affect them.

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Really. What happens when you uninstall? You just delete the directory? If that's the case... why uninstall at all? I always thought it was extremely un-computer-savvy to just delete directories instead of using the official uninstaller, but if you can change directories without any adverse affects, why not just delete everything? Why have an add/remove programs list at all?

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

Registry and things in the Windows directory

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Really. What happens when you uninstall? You just delete the directory? If that's the case... why uninstall at all? I always thought it was extremely un-computer-savvy to just delete directories instead of using the official uninstaller, but if you can change directories without any adverse affects, why not just delete everything? Why have an add/remove programs list at all?
...Because not all programs are so self-contained as to be limited to their "install" directory.

Many - MOST - programs make use of what are known as shared libraries; packages of programming code that are provided by various vendors to make software design and construction easier. A possible example is drawing a picture: Internet Explorer, Windows Picture Viewer, and Paint all need to know how to render a JPEG file into the image you see on the screen, but rather than code that functionality three times over, Microsoft created a library that contains such functionality and is shared amongst the three programs.

At a minimum, a typical installer will try and put a shortcut on the desktop and more shortcuts in the Start menu. They'll generally add Registry entries regarding various program settings, things like "where are my save files" and "how big is the screen". More complex programs may look for shared libraries they need, and if they can't find them, add them to various Windows and Program Files directories. They'll also set flags indicating that they use such shared libraries - if the libraries don't have any users, they can be safely uninstalled.

A good uninstaller will clean all of that crap up, keeping Windows and the Registry from ballooning with unused detritus.

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Right. #include iostream.h and all that (though not an actual lib).

But if the registry includes information like where save files are... wouldn't changing the directory screw that up? Is the path relative...?

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Right. #include iostream.h and all that (though not an actual lib).

But if the registry includes information like where save files are... wouldn't changing the directory screw that up? Is the path relative...?
It depends on the program. Some programs don't use the Registry for all this - they use an INI file, or the location is hard-coded relative to the executable.

I think Lightning Warrior Raidy is simple enough that using the procedure listed earlier (to remove it from the Add/Remove list) won't affect either it or the system. I could be wrong - and if I am, then you won't be able to ask for help with errors, because you're trying to do something which the system is not designed to do.

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

A lot of people easily get confused and have no idea what to do if and when playing a game, like this one, involves daemon tools and all that stuff. Someone should make a guide on how to do all of this.