THIS IS THE OFFICIAL TEAM FORTRESS 2 TOPIC

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Re: THIS IS THE OFFICIAL TEAM FORTRESS 2 TOPIC

Psh. I traded hats for nothing. And then said trader proceeded to trade those hats away because he's a cold heartless bastard who doesn't appreciate me. WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME, OBELISKOS.

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You can "but this one time I did this" all you want, but there will always be basic market value. The longer trading is around, the harder it'll be to swindle people and charm/lie your way to good deals. Additionally, the number of people ignorant to trade value will steadily decrease, although there will always exist some people who think a vintage hatless is worth three refined.

Basically, you can either lose a huge amount of ingame "currency" (metal is basically currency these days), or IRL currency. Fun fact, it costs 10 bucks to open four crates, and will almost always cost you four refined to open four crates. I don't necessarily agree with toxic, but I think keys should drop. Maybe the chance of finding an unusual is decreased even further, I dunno. But leaving the excitement of opening crates to people willing to spend IRL bux or waste refined on keys is a bit of a low blow.

That said,

I don't really care.
^ Also directed at the above post.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

This thread is now a TF2 trade hub.
Also, waiting for the inevitable posting of the relevant Nerfnow comic.
*sigh* Guess I gotta do it, 'cuz Dark's too lazy 'cuz Dark's busy with his mod duties in the Hentai section.

This one is also relevant, though not as much.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Trading items has basic value but open to HUGE interpretation.
You can "but this one time I did this" all you want, but there will always be basic market value.
HO SHIT! YOU SERIOUS?

I think they should be dropped too, but they were saying buying was the only way to get it.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

*sets crates in pile*
*chooses class: Pyro*
*Equips Flamethrower*
*Stages Red Team Monthly Barbeque Day*

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

What's the point of crates anyway? You find this useless item that doesn't do anything unless you pay money(A huge amount, given that 5 bucks can get you a full game on steam, or just 2 random junk items on TF2), and even if you pay money, you're going to end up with some kind of junk you didn't need anyway.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

What's the point of crates anyway?

Or possibly to stop me from ever deciding to play TF2 again.

I lost interest when the weapons started to get spammed out, like the tribesman's shiv(good though it may be) and southern hospitality, because it felt like the game was starting to be cluttered with items. And then it really got cluttered.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Just go on a vanilla server then...?

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That's funny, most people lose interest in a game when it DOESN'T receive free updates. This must be some backwards-ass logic or something.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

LUL 1&1/2 YEARS

Thanks to the gents from Gentlemen Heavy's Fancy Fedora Fight Club, I've discovered a interesting (bug? exploit? glitch?) oversight in the play of Degroot Keep.

1. Equip Charging Targe on the Demoman (weapon doesn't matter)
2. Leave Blu spawn, go until ya reach the rock all the Blu snipers usually hide behind.
3. there's a small area right on your side of the rock, towards the left edge, that looks slanted. Aim yourself on it.
4. KARMA CHAAAARGE!!!

You'll fling yourself either:
A. Onto Red's battlements
B. about 5 feet from the B-point capture.

This works great the first few times, unless the team you're playing against doesn't get the hint that you can keep on doing that every time you respawn. It's a great way to tie up people so your team can cap, as that's where pretty much all of Red have to go in order to get over of course.

Have fun givin yer Demos some red bull :3

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Sorry about the spy disguise getting in the way at the end but basically I twoshot a sniper that had just jarated me from behind.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

something
HOLY FUCKING SHIT HE'S STILL ALIVE.

Someone make sure to have the jacket and cage on stand-by for when he comes by again.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I'm around. I work 9-5 and my evenings consist of playing TF2, masturbating and going to sleep and very little else right now :(

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Liar. You play TF2 at work too, don't you?

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Didn't you have a girlfriend to masturbate your penis for you?

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I'm assuming they broke up.

And to stay on topic, fuck all the people who decide to not follow the objectives of the map and just play it as if the round is a Deathmatch game. Seriously, you guys are the bane of my TF2 playing existence. Also people who go Engie even though to win the match we need to push the enemy team back to claim the points. You guys are just as big a cunt as the LOL LETS IGNORE THE GAME OBJECTIVES guys.

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ever hear of teleporters? Every team needs at least one engie. Offense should be capped at two on a 12 man team.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I kind of missed out a part of what I meant to say; it was meant to mean people who go engie when there's already a couple. I know teams need them but when you've got 5 of the fuckers running around doing jack shit it gets really fucking annoying.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So. I recently encountered a Pyro who literally played the class with skill. The motherfucker could kill you without you even touching him. He could reflect 90% of the explosives that we sent at him, though I nailed him once with my Loch'n'Load. All of his kills were either Flare or Axtinguisher kills, and he used Degreaser as his primary.

He'd light you up with his flamethrower, swap to Flaregun, start pelting you, then if he managed to back you into a corner, he'd start airblasting you until he could get close enough to finish you off with Axtinguisher. Annoying, and literally the best player on their team, if his score counted for anything.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

So. I recently encountered a Pyro who literally played the class with skill. The motherfucker could kill you without you even touching him. He could reflect 90% of the explosives that we sent at him, though I nailed him once with my Loch'n'Load. All of his kills were either Flare or Axtinguisher kills, and he used Degreaser as his primary.

He'd light you up with his flamethrower, swap to Flaregun, start pelting you, then if he managed to back you into a corner, he'd start airblasting you until he could get close enough to finish you off with Axtinguisher. Annoying, and literally the best player on their team, if his score counted for anything.
Personally it's nice to see the Pyro that doesn't jus focus on the bumrush. However, it does kinda suck when ya gotta face off with em.