What's new

Super Boarding School: Rebirth Noticeboard and OOC

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Super Boarding School: Rebirth Noticeboard and OOC

Also, your character, along with the rest will be dying at some point. Dont worry, its all for the one event I've got planned. Though your powers, along with everyone elses will alter slightly. I'll leave the mods up to you all to decide what happens.
Hmm... I could use a powerup. I realize now that while I have a good chance of surviving most of the stuff thrown at me, my offensive capabilities are limited to "make them suffocate" and "bash them". Any kind of weapon I morph is going to be rather weak due to the fact I haven't mastered transforming into a solid body.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I've already decided what will be happening to Isa's powers, but you'll have to wait until it happens to see. Not sure what I'm going to do with Emily or Art yet. Though naturally because of the setting Art'll most likely lose his magic or at the very least his elemental manipulation.

undead_kenny

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Hmm...So what,were all gonna have a nice trip to hell.Or some kind of alternate dimension?And when is this event actually going to go on,you don't have to tell us the exact time,just if you intend to make that happen within a pretty recent time or if it's just a project.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Hah, all this stuff was supposed to happen months ago. Don't expect it to be happening in the near future, definitely not for the rest of this year at least. We are a slow, but happy RP after all.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

At this rate we might fall asleep waiting for stuff to happen, though.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Well when Siphon gets round to posting and finishing whatever he's doing we'll be able to start our event up. Which will give you all plenty of targets to bring harm to.

undead_kenny

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

At this rate,John will pass out for quite some time,lol.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Ironically enough Oni, one of your or Bart's charies kinda reminds me of an old drawing I did a long time ago for an anime thing. He was based off of the DND demonlord Dispater who was the Baron of Iron or something like that and the ability to turn people into Iron and then rust them and the ability to rust Iron.

OP
Bartnum

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

I believe Art and Corax are far more powerful than Mia, Corax being able to create and destroy any amount and type of metal and Art can pretty much shift continents if I wanted him to. Though for that reason the two of them will never be in an event, unless they're used as villains and toned down as with the case of the Charles event.
Someone (Squid, I think) once said Corax was the most OP character in the game. Now that I don't have to put restrictions on him... well, he could rip apart the Earth's core. If he's ever used as a villain, there'll have to be some pretty serious toning down.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Good to have you and Vewla on board Vina. I quite like your character. And her abilities should have plenty of potential in the kind of stuff that's been happening lately. She'll likely be spotting a few strange souls hanging around the school in no time with the number of odd balls hanging around (For a start, some of mine will stick out like a sore thumb to her).

@Cross
Regarding Jonathan, any particular ideas on how to give him a boost? Limited solid shadow forming perhaps? Or anything else? I've been thinking about giving Simon the classic shadow shift trick, to help him get around and better fufil his lurker role.

@Bart
And yeah, that was me. Full control including ability to create, reform, propel and destroy over +90% of all existing elements, with no given limitations. Damn right I'd call that OP. :p

Whilst I know it's not what you've ever intended, simple control over metal, without being more specific is actually pretty damned insane if you take it in a literal way. Though again, I know that's never what you meant. The day Corax starts doing crazy stuff like I'm implying here is the day I simply pretend he doesn't exist, so there's no problem. ^_^

OP
Bartnum

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

I know what you mean, though I never intended any of that when I first made him. I was thinking more along the lines of creating weapons and projectiles. It was only once I later sat down and really thought about it that I realised just how much he was capable of. Poisoning people by making radioactive metals inside their stomachs. Explosions, by creating highly reactive metals in large quantities. Manipulating the metal naturally existing in other people's bodies to kill them from the inside. I could go on for hours.

Just because I didn't intend it to start with though, doesn't mean I wouldn't do it now. Given an excuse and the right set of circumstances, of course.

Last edited:

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

(Gah, I feel like I'm picking a fight or something with this post. Not my intention. Just saying stuff I've been thinking.)

One thing is, surely implying that he has such levels of power only creates RP problems in other situations. I mean in the case of some grand catastrophe, or big villain, he would supposedly be able to solve any combat in the blink of an eye, leaving you with one of two options/results.

1) Solve the fight there and then, bypassing the point of the battle and removing all the fun from the other players.

2) Not interfere/give marginal assistance. Which only results in him looking like a giant douche by allowing the lowly mortal characters to struggle and suffer when he could prevent it all with a snap of his thumb.

It just seems awkward to me to imagine having such a power sitting around and being so casual about it. Doesn't seem fun to play.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Hmm...So what,were all gonna have a nice trip to hell.Or some kind of alternate dimension?And when is this event actually going to go on,you don't have to tell us the exact time,just if you intend to make that happen within a pretty recent time or if it's just a project.
We're going to hell, again? Sho's already bitching in my head about the whole "been there, done that" factor. *laughs*

That being said, I'm interested in seeing what you guys have planned. I've got no issue with characters being killed, so long as it's, as you guys said, for plot. Not to mention you said it's only temporary. No one likes to see their characters squished.

And yeah, power levels are always tricky things in games where there aren't set, hard and fast rules for what you can do. And there's always that little loop-hole that, if you discover it, can make you insanely powerful. Take Kenny's John, for example. Sho even said it. He manipulates water. He could put a severe hurting on any normal human being. Same with Sho. If it breathes, she can fuck with it. Corax, iron in the blood. Hell, Ian could snap necks at a distance if he wanted to. It's all a matter of finding that balance between what you can do and what you should do and using that to make the game fun.

I can see the whole notion of, this being free form, the "Bang! I shot you!" "No you didn't! You missed!" kind of scenarios, but so long as they're handled decently enough, I don't mind. It's when there's a *plausible* win brought out and some deus ex machina happens that totally negates it is when I really start to get annoyed.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I believe Art and Corax are far more powerful than Mia, Corax being able to create and destroy any amount and type of metal and Art can pretty much shift continents if I wanted him to. Though for that reason the two of them will never be in an event, unless they're used as villains and toned down as with the case of the Charles event.
Wha? I was referring to k〇〇〇o's character. Y'know, the one that went crazy with power and even when Anti's character cut her head off, with Anti being the anti-super power, her head just grew back like nothing?

Vina-Fran

Demon Girl
Reputation score

AI played here too? I heard a few things about her... mostly being holier-than-thou from incubus.

Vina-Fran

Demon Girl
Reputation score

ah? What's that mean?

OP
Bartnum

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

One thing is, surely implying that he has such levels of power only creates RP problems in other situations. I mean in the case of some grand catastrophe, or big villain, he would supposedly be able to solve any combat in the blink of an eye, leaving you with one of two options/results.

1) Solve the fight there and then, bypassing the point of the battle and removing all the fun from the other players.

2) Not interfere/give marginal assistance. Which only results in him looking like a giant douche by allowing the lowly mortal characters to struggle and suffer when he could prevent it all with a snap of his thumb.

It just seems awkward to me to imagine having such a power sitting around and being so casual about it. Doesn't seem fun to play.
It is something we've had to think about, since the same thing applies to Art and to an extent, Maria. What we try to do with that sort of scenario is incorporate some element that prevents the GMs from interfering with the fight. In the fight with Charles for example, Art was the antagonist, Maria was unconscious and Corax was off taking Maria to safety. In the later scenarios we have planned, there are similar circumstances to keep them occupied while the other players are handling the main event.

And it does sometimes feel annoying that I can't go all out and use him to his fullest, but I get around it by writing stories about him in my head.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Wha? I was referring to k〇〇〇o's character. Y'know, the one that went crazy with power and even when Anti's character cut her head off, with Anti being the anti-super power, her head just grew back like nothing?
Yeah that was Mia they were talking about. The one that even Nunu's Yuuki came in to actually fight personally. Yuuki having what was a perfect GM character power, complete sensory control, still failed when Mia went and pulled a kind of "nuclear shadow burst" attack. Nunu made the mistake of trying to use a GM character to fix problems with a god modding character, which is impossible and even in a win only ends up making an ugly game breaking over the top fight scene. Said scene stopped the game dead right there.

Mia was actually a really cool character, and I don't hold her against Keylo at all. Only she should never have been in SBS. Maybe a strange horror spin off game where the students were meant to worry about their own shadows knifing them 24/7, but not in normal SBS. (Mia wasn't technically a god modding character at all. She had her limits. They were just set far too friggin high with too many reserves and trump cards to fall back on.)

Last edited:

Vina-Fran

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Who are all these people you're mentioning, I can't take it, wargh! *flails and spazzes*