What's new

Super Boarding School: Rebirth Noticeboard and OOC

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score
Re: Super Boarding School: Rebirth Noticeboard and OOC

Hehe, sorry about that. The moment you join up we actually start saying stuff in the discussion thread again. I'm going to blame it on you and say well done.

This game happens to be over five years old, this actually being the third run of it (The first two going quiet for one reason or another) and has seen some bizarre stuff and a lot of characters and players in the past. Good thing about the game is that playing as a new student you don't actually need to know any of the random history.

This Mia stuff was from the previous run. Fun character, and well played, but kind of brought a rein of terror down on the school. You might hear us talking about other stuff such as an undead horde, a 'field trip' to hell, and an invasion of alien robots. That's all in the past though. We're making an effort to retain sanity this time. >_>

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah that was Mia they were talking about. The one that even Nunu's Yuuki came in to actually fight personally. Yuuki having what was a perfect GM character power, complete sensory control, still failed when Mia went and pulled a kind of "nuclear shadow burst" attack. Nunu made the mistake of trying to use a GM character to fix problems with a god modding character, which is impossible and even in a win only ends up making an ugly game breaking over the top fight scene. Said scene stopped the game dead right there.

Mia was actually a really cool character, and I don't hold her against Keylo at all. Only she should never have been in SBS. Maybe a strange horror spin off game where the students were meant to worry about their own shadows knifing them 24/7, but not in normal SBS. (Mia wasn't technically a god modding character at all. She had her limits. They were just set far too friggin high with too many reserves and trump cards to fall back on.)
There was a little more to it than that from conversations I was in/overheard which is why it bugs me so much, but this is neither the place nor the time for the discussion of that.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I've been thinking about making some alterations/additions to Isabella's character sheet as I've realised there isn't much in the way describing how many she's limited to creating and what the affects are of creating more than a couple. I'll list the changes and additions;

• Patapons- The patapons will be replacing Isabella's most used creations and come with their own abilities separate from all her other creations. Firstly and most importantly the Patapons will be extremely weak individually. It takes only one hit (not even a strong one) to kill them and their own individual strength is far weaker than any other creations. Though when Isa has made a large number of them they can be quite devastating. Until they've been slaughtered and she has to make more that is. The different Patapon types also exhibit their own personality, another trait not shared by any of Isabella's other creations. This is because Isabella tends to use them more often than not and her demons have sought to make them stand out from the other creations.

Patapon Types
Tatepon - Isabella's most used Patapon, the Tatepon most often is wielding an axe though Isa does create some with swords. They also wield shields which can be used to protect them from one attack, it then breaks. Once the shield breaks it cannot be replaced. Personality-wise they are the serious combatant type and will stop at nothing to protect their master, even willingly throwing themselves in front of Isabella without being commanded to do so.

Yaripon - The Yaripon are spear wielding Patapon who prefer to attack a distance by throwing their spears though they do attack up close if forced to do so. The spears, once thrown have the ability to disperse and reform back in the Yaripon's hand, ready to be thrown once more. Personality-wise the Yaripon are the jokers of the group, often dancing and prancing around while waiting for their spears to reappear.

Yumipon - The Yumipon are the archers of the group who seem to be able to create a limitless supply of arrows to launch at their enemies. Personality-wise the Yumipon are the cowards of the group, often fleeing when the enemy get too close and not attacking until its safe to do so.

Kibapon - The Kibapon are horse riding Patapon that wield lances which they use to either stab the enemy or attempt to knock them back. Personality-wise the Kibapon are similar to the Tatepon, though they often attack when the enemy come close to them as they normally form a defensive shield around their master.

• Desperation Attack; Heropon - Heropon will replace the stick man after the up coming event has finished. This ability will allow Isabella to merge all existing Patapon together to create a powerfully strong creation called Heropon. It's strength and defense is somewhat weaker to the stick man though this is balanced out by Isabella being able to control it. Heropon's abilities are determined by whatever Patapon type Isabella orders him to be, and with each form comes a unique ability to Heropon.

Tatepon Form - Heropon wields a massive axe/sword which it uses with devastating effect to cut down any enemies that may try to hurt it or Isabella. Heropon's shield can also be used to protect against most attacks though after several uses it shatters much like a normal Tatepon's.

Yaripon Form - Heropon wields a massive spear that it can throw expertly to pierce even the most flighty of foes, as well as being able to strike through nearly any kind of armour. While slower and defensively weaker than its Tatepon form this is Heropon's strongest form.

Yumipon Form - Heropon wields a longbow which it can use to launch a volley of three arrows at once. This form is the weakest, both attack and defence-wise though it is Heropon's second fastest form.

Kibapon Form - Heropon rides a great steed and wields a lance, the horse being big enough for Isabella or another person to ride on as well. Much like its Tatepon form Heropon has roughly balanced attack and defence though its Kibapon form has the fastest speed.

Misc. Patapon info - The Patapons come to just below Isa's knee in height and the Heropon comes to about Isa's waist in height.

• Creation Limitations
1. With each creation made Isabella has more and more units to command, and after a certain amount it becomes almost impossible for her to order them all around individually. As such she finds it easier to use about 3-5 different creations, unless she's using her Patapons. As each type can be given different commands no matter how many are in one group she can easily order for example six Tatepons to attack while ordering five Kibapons to protect her as each member of the unit will act in unison to the command.

2. The more complex a creation the stronger it is. For example; A dragon drawn in a simplistic style (like a cartoon) would only be about as strong as the average human though a dragon that has been drawn with extreme detail would be almost as strong as an actual dragon. This is balanced by Isabella needing to concentrate on the drawing in the middle of the battle, and as such any extremely complex drawings will take quite some time to finish before they can be used in battle.

There's the alterations/additions, feel free to comment on them as I want peoples opinions on these. These wont be in effect until after the up coming event has finished so I wont edit my sheet until then.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Someone's been playing pata pata patapon lately .-.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

That I have, its a friggin' awesome game and the Patapons are perfect for Isabella.

undead_kenny

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Well,i just want to ask Oni something.Since Siphon doesn't seem to be posting,(i realize he could be busy with something far more important than this).As i said before,john's powers are evolving over time.And what i wanted to do is reduce the time he needs to rest after each abusive use of his abilities.The day he needed to get back to his normal condition,would be reduced to something like 10 to 20 minutes.Wich is still a way to keep him from being overpowered.And would allow me and Copper to do something,even in the absence of Siphon's character.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I dont think reducing the amount of time he needs to rest after every use would be good, after all pretty soon he'd only need to rest a second or so before being able to really abuse his powers again, which is pretty OP. I'd suggest doing it overtime, possibly starting at like 4-6 hours rest after an abusive session then gradually reducing it until its like a 30 minute rest. But that wont be for a long time yet. Your character can use his powers without needing to push them beyond his current limits already without having to rest much (I'm assuming) so there's no real need to force evolve his powers right away. Used properly your character can do some serious damage without abusing them.

undead_kenny

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Oh don't worry i wouldn't intend to make him to ''evolve'' anymore.It was just an hint to show you guys that he didn't get those powers naturally,and they would need time (Even if it's a pretty short amount of it) for them to reach their ''Normal'' conditions.I would be ok for a hour of resting,i just want to do this for me and Copper to be able to do something else in the meantime Siphon is away.

Edit:Well i wouldn't mind letting his abilities like this either,only thing is we would have to wait for Siphon.

Last edited:

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

You're not the only one waiting on Siphon, though I'm sure he's got his reasons and I don't mind waiting around for him. If need be I'll take command of the villain if you and Copper do decide to move things along without Siphon and have him make a catch up post when he does come back.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

You play pata pata too oni? THEN TELL ME HOW TO GET DIS DAMN RAIN DANCE GOING >:x I got stuck there on the first day cause I can't get the rythem right and I've not played it since. Agree, it's quirky and fun.

Also on topic, Trix is getting pruney in the springs still >,>;

Last edited:

undead_kenny

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Well im ok for waiting around for him.I just tought Copper might have wanted to go on.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Eh, I understand that Real Life (TM) often hijacks Siphon for decent amounts of time, so it's no bother to me. The only issue I have is it locking up the other charries as well, like John and Trix. Ideally, I could have Ian show up at the springs first but he *is* supposed to be going *with* Aya. I've got Siphon's permission to puppet her to an extent, but I'm not certain of her reaction to things, like, say, Trix in "relaxed" form. Might have a work around for that, but as for John, that I can't really fiddle with all that much.

I'm going to stay out of the Mia conversation, but I will say that yes, AI was one of the original players of the game. Way back in the day, Sho actually had two sisters...

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I still remember the very first interest gathering/concept thread.

Nunu: You will play as students singed up at a boarding school.
Someone: So it's a school for burns victims then?

Your actually the oldest surviving member of the game Copper. You signed up a day before me.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

You play pata pata too oni? THEN TELL ME HOW TO GET DIS DAMN RAIN DANCE GOING >:x I got stuck there on the first day cause I can't get the rythem right and I've not played it since. Agree, it's quirky and fun.

Also on topic, Trix is getting pruney in the springs still >,>;
You need to be in Fever Mode first. I suggest using triangle, triangle, square, circle at the start first as practice then once you've got the hang of entering Fever Mode and maintaining Fever Mode then do X, X-X, X-X. The double-X's have to be done in a single beat. This'll take you to a screen where the Patapons chant and you have to mimic the chant. It's not too hard though, and I've found that counting 1, 2, 3, 4 with the beat helps to maintain Fever Mode. If that doesn't work start the beat either just before they cry 'fever' or just as they cry it.

No one has any comments about the alterations to Isa?

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I was reading Isa's alterations at, like, 9 in the morning after having woken up from the chair. And, given that I've never played the game, the Patapon thingies are Greek to me. It's one of those, I'm willing to trust you on this and if you think it's too broken (or a vast majority of us do), changes will be made. Besides, from what I've seen Isa and cute little critters will go well together, even if they are a little more violent, but it's no different than her drawing a picture of Elisia and having her go to town on something.

@Squid: Hehehe. Scary that I'm that old in a RP. And yet, I think Sho's one of the more weaker characters in the game, to be quite honest, unless she really wants to get uber-destructive. Or just outright asphyxiate you.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Oh yeah, there's two other things I wanted to add to Isa's Patapons;

Damage Multiplier - The more Patapons there are in a single group the stronger each one becomes. From about 8-10 they all become as strong as your average human, at about 15 their strength doubles and at about 20-25 their strength quadrupals, though because there's such a large amount and they could end up getting in each other's or other people's way Isa very rarely uses more than about 15 of any one type.

War Chant - This has no real function other than cosmetic. The Patapons will chant various battle cries using a combination of 'Pata', 'Pon', 'Chaka' and 'Don' depending on the order given to them by Isabella.

Also to make battles more maneuverable I've decided to change the Patapon's height so they come up to just about half way up Isa's shin.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Sho's powers are fairly situational I guess. The main issue being that it's hard to use them to full potential without the risk of collateral damage. Put her in an anything goes arena style situation, and someone like Ellisia couldn't really even get close to her. Trying to assist a large group of people going after someone like Charles that day, and she had to play a more supporting role.

I feel Sho's always provided a much needed down to earth and humorous view point on the madness around the school. Possibly ironic for the only one capable of putting her head in the clouds. =)

Oh and yah, ze Pata Pon's seem fine to me. Though I'd already said that.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Very true. It's kind of hard to downplay your powers when, y'know, you can make tornados out of nothing and fly. I have mostly said her powers do tend to lean on the defensive side of things, but if she really gets down to it, she can throw down if she has to, but, like you said, only if she's not quite willing to deal with collateral damage.

Thanks for the compliment, though, Squid. I try, at the very least.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

It's already been posted in the Member Announcements thread but I'll post it here as well;

I've got a message from Siphon to pass along. Siphon says that he's back home from his oral surgery but it'll be a couple of days before he can get round to posting anything properly because the second surgery hit him pretty hard. Siphon expects to be out for about two more days but hopefully he'll be well enough to post by about Sunday.

Also Vina, I don't think anyone is free or at least in the area of your character to interact with her so you may have to have her blindly find her away to the A Building to get what she needs.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Eh, I might interact with her. Got nothing better to do.