What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Sierra Lee] The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/15: 150+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

toodledoo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 5/23]

I think that like would have been better delivered in third person.

Start out talking about "him" then at the end of that you can say "but the story isn't about him" it can switch to second person ("you") for rest of the game.
I think it is delivered more powerfully/effectively the way it is done currently. I really liked it. I was actually mildly annoyed with the very start of the game's tone/dialogue, and when 'you' died, it was supremely pleasing and an excellent opener for the game's storyline. I really liked it.

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I think that like would have been better delivered in third person.

Start out talking about "him" then at the end of that you can say "but the story isn't about him" it can switch to second person ("you") for rest of the game.
Well, this story is about Simon tbh. And the way it introduces that is by separating this game from the others where "you" the protagonist is looking only bang chicks kick ass.

Not saying those games aren't good (I wouldn't be here if I didn't like them)however this is a welcoming change. Only other game like that I've seen is Elysium which sadly, seems abandoned.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Nevermind, just finished the game :D

@Sierra Lee:

The writing on this game is great. I was so surprised when this line came:
You die. But this story isn't about you.
Keep up the good work! Looking forward to next version! :D
Thanks, glad to have you on board!

Only other game like that I've seen is Elysium which sadly, seems abandoned.
Yeah, I'm sad to see it fade away.

Shadowen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Have to say I really like the work done so far. Very enjoyable and has my interest peaked as to what is going to happen, well written and interesting story & events.

I do have some question's...

1. How much back-tracking are we going to be able to do in later chapters?

I ask, because there are area's, chest's, etc I so far have not found a way to get at (or survive. lol) and wondering if I'll get a chance at them again, or if I missed something, or if they were just 'flavor' environmental stuff (which I don't mind if they were).

Some examples (in spoiler, as some are plot points)
- such as the chest in the slavers house that you clear. It's behind a locked door with a unique key, I never found the key.
- or the chest in room/building with the unmen/unwomen... it's behind a locked door/gate, and I didn't find a way to open it.
- The underground room you discover while searching for a way back to the surface, you can't retreat if you enter it. And I am a dummy and couldn't manage to survive the 1st fight. lol So wondering if I can return or not.

2a. Is the only way to know if a companion is going to like an option to pay attention to what they say or try something then check if change in relationship? (it is fairly obvious with somethings and some companions - such as sleeping around and Aka (dislike))

2b. What effect is/does companion's relationship have?

3. Are there more events/options/situations where you can choose outcomes with companions planned?

Like in the place where you can pay 100g to sleep with one of the 4 ladies, on your 2nd/3rd visit you get asked if you'll prostitute CD out for 5K ProN (which she dislikes) - is there going to be more options like this in the game? (TBH, I hope so).

That's it for now. Keep up the good work, and look forward to the next update.

Still_Here_Guys

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I ask, because there are area's, chest's, etc I so far have not found a way to get at (or survive. lol) and wondering if I'll get a chance at them again, or if I missed something, or if they were just 'flavor' environmental stuff (which I don't mind if they were).

- such as the chest in the slavers house that you clear. It's behind a locked door with a unique key, I never found the key.
- or the chest in room/building with the unmen/unwomen... it's behind a locked door/gate, and I didn't find a way to open it.
- The underground room you discover while searching for a way back to the surface, you can't retreat if you enter it. And I am a dummy and couldn't manage to survive the 1st fight. lol So wondering if I can return or not.
I forgot about the one in the slavers headquarter, but
The chest on the right side in the un-human building must be opened before you speak with Mageil.
The underground room right now will be gone if you enter the open door. It's doable if you have already finished the spider house from the previous city (or gaining the appropriate level). At least all equipment should be iron level, stock up on mana and health potion, and have enough mage's pin (anti-silence).

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Have to say I really like the work done so far. Very enjoyable and has my interest peaked as to what is going to happen, well written and interesting story & events.

I do have some question's...

If you want the chest in the slaver's building, then leave the guy who asks for his life alive, then when you interact with the door go back to him and he will give you the key.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Considerable, but not complete. For example, in version 0.9.0 you're going to be able to visit almost every single area you've seen so far, but they won't all be unchanged. To answer your questions about specific areas:

There is some environmental flavor, but I don't plan to do that to you in dungeon areas. That's just mean. =P

The chests in the Slaver's House and Yhilini Manor are missed, I'm afraid. I believe other people have specified how you can get those.

The optional dungeon you mention last, however, will be fully accessible in version 0.9.0.

2a. Is the only way to know if a companion is going to like an option to pay attention to what they say or try something then check if change in relationship? (it is fairly obvious with somethings and some companions - such as sleeping around and Aka (dislike))
Every time there's a decision that affects relationship points, the characters will tell you what they think before and after. Unless they express ambivalence or trust in your decision, you can assume they'll lose/gain points accordingly.

2b. What effect is/does companion's relationship have?
There are several effects:
- Every character has three sex scenes based on her relationship value (at least, I hope I'll get them all written and implemented in 0.9.0).
- At 100, the relationship locks and that character will no longer disagree in ways that make her lose points.
- There will probably be a few plot situations where relationship levels have an impact.
- Eventually, maxed relationships will unlock bonus quests/items/content.

3. Are there more events/options/situations where you can choose outcomes with companions planned?

Like in the place where you can pay 100g to sleep with one of the 4 ladies, on your 2nd/3rd visit you get asked if you'll prostitute CD out for 5K ProN (which she dislikes) - is there going to be more options like this in the game? (TBH, I hope so).
The first chapter is representative of the game. Some things will evolve, of course, but starting from the prologue I've tried to be clear about what this game is and what you're getting. So yes, you can expect a variety of different situations that affect relationships. Glad to have you on board. ^^

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

When I first opened this thread, I saw it was english hentai game, so I assumed that it was going to be vaporware like usual and never looked again until now. Checking it out now. Also I remember this was named the last fucklord I think.

edit: This game is pretty nice. I enjoy the story but was surprised by the lack of hentai pictures. I ctrl'd through all the hentai scenes cuz of it XD I read everything else though.

Last edited:

Shadowen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thanx for the replies.

- Bandit chest, well... that's what I get for always killing that guy. lol Guess if I want the loot, I'll just have to let him live.

- I was afraid the unmen chest oin the right would have to be gotten prior to talking to Mageil. I tried numerous times to explore that section prior to talking to her, but 2 unmen always stuck themselves in that little 'entry-room' and no-way to walk past them without being spotted and starting again. I guess I'll just have to try again :)

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

When I first opened this thread, I saw it was english hentai game, so I assumed that it was going to be vaporware like usual and never looked again until now.
The game may be many things, but vaporware shouldn't be one of them! I have every intention of finishing, and if there are delays or worse, you can be sure I'll be completely clear on what's going on.

This game is pretty nice. I enjoy the story but was surprised by the lack of hentai pictures. I ctrl'd through all the hentai scenes cuz of it XD I read everything else though.
Glad you liked it in general, at least. While I hope to get art in time, it's not a decision to be made lightly and it's difficult to find the right artist.

Reactions: XSI

Feshtof

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This game is great. Really, Thank you!

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Version 0.9.0 is finished and sent to backers. You can expect the public release in a week.

Version 0.9.0 [6/20/15]
- New section of the game.
- Five new plot sex scenes.
- Twenty new affection sex scenes.

This game is great. Really, Thank you!
You're welcome! Glad you enjoy it!

Gyron

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yes, can't wait for the public release. Would love to support you but low on cash as a student.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Yes, can't wait for the public release. Would love to support you but low on cash as a student.
I know that feel, bro. Glad just to have you playing! ^-^

rydin32

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Now I may be a little late to the party but I just decided to pick this up...

...and I have to say, I'm absolutely shocked.

The quality of this game as it stands right now is incredible. Your ability to tell a story is easily the best I've ever seen. You have a perfect balance of seriousness, comic relief, and fun. You've managed to avoid the typical cheesy HRPG storyline and/or immature humor (sometimes even exposing/mocking such elements in a unique way like in the intro where you start as the Chosen). I could easily enjoy this game just as much without fancy art simply for the riveting story.

Ive never supported a patreon before but this will be a worthy first once I take care of rent this month.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I got the email about the backer version, and I thought to myself "I'm not a backer, am i?"

Turns out i'm giving $1 a month, so i get the backer emails, but I don't get access to the backer version.

:( I knew I wasn't going to get it, but somehow I was disappointed anyway.

ah well. it'll be public soon enough.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Now I may be a little late to the party but I just decided to pick this up...

...and I have to say, I'm absolutely shocked.

The quality of this game as it stands right now is incredible. Your ability to tell a story is easily the best I've ever seen. You have a perfect balance of seriousness, comic relief, and fun. You've managed to avoid the typical cheesy HRPG storyline and/or immature humor (sometimes even exposing/mocking such elements in a unique way like in the intro where you start as the Chosen). I could easily enjoy this game just as much without fancy art simply for the riveting story.

Ive never supported a patreon before but this will be a worthy first once I take care of rent this month.
Wow, thanks for all the kind words! Good timing on your part - you'll get some new content very soon. ^^

I got the email about the backer version, and I thought to myself "I'm not a backer, am i?"

Turns out i'm giving $1 a month, so i get the backer emails, but I don't get access to the backer version.

:( I knew I wasn't going to get it, but somehow I was disappointed anyway.

ah well. it'll be public soon enough.
Err, sorry about that. :/ I didn't restrict the update notification now that there aren't links in the post...

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

=

Err, sorry about that. :/ I didn't restrict the update notification now that there aren't links in the post...
Don't worry about it, i'm more annoyed with myself for being fooled by it, to be honest.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Version 0.9.1 has been released publicly! ^-^ Get it here:

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 6/27]

ooh, downloading now.

Not got my old save anymore, but i'll happily go through it again.