What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Sierra Lee] The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/15: 150+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 5/23]

Sure, but at that point you're working on increasing prosperity of places in general. All she'd need is cash for a place to stay until said prosperity increase provides her with the opportunity to get her own income

And since inn stays at that inn were 10/night, you can afford to give her a few extra nights worth while you figure it out. Or otherwise just give her more time to get what she needs for a more stable income

Edit: Finished it, that was enjoyable, though I do admit I had a few moments where I considered skipping over the sex scenes to get on with the plot
I would like to donate but I do not have a patreon thing, do you have a paypal or similar thing I can send money to?

Last edited:
OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Congratulations

Your game is competing for my time with Shogun Total War and Crusader Kings II

And guess what? It's winning.

One request though
Glad you're enjoying it! I'll think about your suggestion, and at the very least I'll say that I do plan for lots of minor NPCs to have their own little arcs throughout the game.

As for your donation question, I'll send you a PM.

12TonWeight

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Uhh, is the pitfall thingy the end for now?
Since people talk about second passes at exploration and teleport puzzles I have not encountered yet. :confused:

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Uhh, is the pitfall thingy the end for now?
Since people talk about second passes at exploration and teleport puzzles I have not encountered yet. :confused:
You must have an older version.

Here is the latest version.

toodledoo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Finished the current version.

Probably one of the best RPG Maker games i've ever played, totally disregarding the H content/writing in the game.

Very impressive.

If i could point to 2-3 things that need some tweaking/my opinions after finishing the existing product:

Upon reaching Yhilin, there are a great many options for spending Pron, and zero methods/ways of obtaining it outside of the starting bump from Megail per the main story progression. I ended up dropping 50k on the mine, with no idea that there would be a dozen or so options and/or character-related favors/help your party out type expenses. I can tell there will be a great deal more content in Yhilin (or surrounding areas) per the '500k' and '300k' investments, etc available... but some sort of smoothing regarding the sheer number of options seems like it would make sense. Having 50k to work with and 12+ options to invest in with no clear line on what any of them mean is intriguing but sort of frustrating and dead-end-feeling.

Art. Mentioned this before and i'm sure you've considered it, but this game would be put way over the top as an incredible piece with even passable artwork to go alongside the stellar (see: stellar) writing.

I think yarra needs some work. She's lackluster against most enemies throughout the game, and the few enemies vulnerable to lust, she's incredibly overpowered against. She's more or less a scalpel specifically for lust-vulnerable enemies and useless otherwise. Perhaps this is intentional, but i found that she just sits on the bench every time i was given a choice because she's easily replaced and outdone.

Great work so far.
-Toodles

12TonWeight

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

You must have an older version.

Here is the latest version.
Nope. I suspected as much, redownloaded the current version, but still get GAME OVER after the mercenary dude drops me into the deep tunnels with the pitfall trap.
Did I miss some kind of quest or flag that screws me over here?

On a completely unrelated note:
Christ Sierra, I expected some polishing and minor rehauling, but this thing really evolved! I have to say that quality wise the overhaul brought a massive improvement, kudos there.

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

(ProN spending stuff)
Personally, I thought the loads of ways to spend your ProN was a great way to make the world seem more alive and like a bigger thing with a lot of potential(Not to mention it hinting at you returning later to cash in/re-invest), but then I've looked around and considered every proposal before deciding which to spend on. I am pretty protective of my supplies/funds and it really felt to me like I should pay attention to what I'm throwing money at, so spending a majority of my cash at once would have been very risky.
That said though, a way to check how much you have left and a warning that you aren't likely to get any more in the near future would probably do well, just as asking for details on what they plan to do with their money.
One guy wanted me to give him money to grow flowers. Okay, seems fair...But he's not telling me important stuff like his expected profit and how much my cut of the profit would be. Not to mention stuff like when I'd get paid - Which I would argue is a very important detail. It makes choosing what to invest in very difficult, and more a gut feeling thing than a well-thought out decision.

It might help to have a note in the quests log that lists the discovered potential investments and how much they cost too. The quest log is there to help you remember what's going on, and it would be hard to expect someone to remember all those investment opportunities, especially if they've been dragged away from the computer for a while/few days in between finding them and actually deciding on them.

It helped that I decided to trust the game/game creator to give me the option to return to them after saying no the first time, so I didn't feel like I had to pay right away. Plenty of games only ask once and if you want to hear the other offers you're screwed. It's kinda nice to have a game that won't do that

Nope. I suspected as much, redownloaded the current version, but still get GAME OVER after the mercenary dude drops me into the deep tunnels with the pitfall trap.
I can confirm the game continues after that, I've played through there myself just some hours ago
Try downloading with a different browser? Maybe the one you're using has an old link redirect in its cache or something that links you to the old version. I'm not great at tech stuff but using a different browser should fix most problems. Or at least rule out a problem with your browser

toodledoo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

where is the last ingredient for the potion?

Ingredients are in places as follows: Two in the garden zone in the forest. Mold in the 'free' succubus habitat/tower/ruins. Final item is in the ruined house in the slums infested with fell monsters. I think that's all of em.

:cool:

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Thanks for the kind words and feedback! Sorry for not saying a lot, juggling a lot of posts right now, but I do appreciate you taking the time to write constructive criticism.

On a completely unrelated note:
Christ Sierra, I expected some polishing and minor rehauling, but this thing really evolved! I have to say that quality wise the overhaul brought a massive improvement, kudos there.
You fall into the deep tunnels and then immediately get a game over screen? There's no quest or flag problem here, I don't see how that could even be possible. That point of the plot wasn't the end of any previous version, either. So I am stumped on this one.

Anyway, glad you like the overhaul. ^-^

It helped that I decided to trust the game/game creator to give me the option to return to them after saying no the first time, so I didn't feel like I had to pay right away. Plenty of games only ask once and if you want to hear the other offers you're screwed. It's kinda nice to have a game that won't do that
Two don't and I intend to be fixing them in version 0.9.0.

12TonWeight

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I get a short conversation about how the party failed to stop him for now, but still has a shot at catching him before reaching the next town or something to that effect. Then they decide to rest and thats where I get the game over screen

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Who is in your party when that happens? Also, is any of your characters dead? Could you post your save?

12TonWeight

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Urk, I can't believe I didn't figure this out. Thanks for the idea, Yarra was KO, so when the game shifted to her as MC...
In my defense, it was pretty damn late, and I was winding down from a long day. :eek:

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Urk, I can't believe I didn't figure this out. Thanks for the idea, Yarra was KO, so when the game shifted to her as MC...
In my defense, it was pretty damn late, and I was winding down from a long day. :eek:
Yeah, that would do it.

Probably not intended, and it doesn't seem terribly hard to fix.

brofalla

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Bug:
The guy at the mine wants you to invest 300k Pron, but the text says 300k Sx.

When you go with Trin into the Bank, there is once the option to replace someone. Because I wasn´t sure if I could invest, when there´s a clone I chose No. Can you make it possible to change your opinion afterwards ?

The rich looking dude at the mine literally left me no choice, when you show interest to invest, he tells you the price and you must choose Yes, otherwise he tells you to fuck off forever.
At least separete the stating of the price from the choice, to give me time to consider.

Laughs:
Editing yourself to ProN millonair and attempting to invest in either the Mine or the Bank. :p

All in all I was positive surprised by the quality of the writing and gameplay.
Keep it up ! :)

Last edited:
OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Oh, dang, I didn't realize this could happen. I thought that having zero HP only produced a game over when you entered combat, but maybe that was another version of RPG Maker or something. There's actually a fully party heal in that sequence, I just need to move it earlier to account for potentially down Yarras. Good catch!

Bug:
The guy at the mine wants you to invest 300k Pron, but the text says 300k Sx.

When you go with Trin into the Bank, there is once the option to replace someone. Because I wasn´t sure if I could invest, when there´s a clone I chose No. Can you make it possible to change your opinion afterwards ?

The rich looking dude at the mine literally left me no choice, when you show interest to invest, he tells you the price and you must choose Yes, otherwise he tells you to fuck off forever.
At least separete the stating of the price from the choice, to give me time to consider.

Laughs:
Editing yourself to ProN millonair and attempting to invest in either the Mine or the Bank. :p

All in all I was positive surprised by the quality of the writing and gameplay.
Keep it up ! :)
Thanks! And the investments you mentioned will be altered in 0.9.0.

sb02

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Feeling a bit stupid here but I can't progress the "Stop Ivastan's Plan" quest. I've gotten to the drunk guy but even having gone through every area twice or more, speaking to everyone, I haven't found a way forward.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I know you eventually need to go to one of the guards in the pub eventually, but evidently I haven't gathered enough intel yet.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Version 0.9.0 is progressing normally, FYI.

Feeling a bit stupid here but I can't progress the "Stop Ivastan's Plan" quest. I've gotten to the drunk guy but even having gone through every area twice or more, speaking to everyone, I haven't found a way forward.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I know you eventually need to go to one of the guards in the pub eventually, but evidently I haven't gathered enough intel yet.
You do need to gather a majority of the intel to progress, but that is for a later part of the quest. The only requirement for something to happen in the pub is for you to have met Sarai - maybe you reloaded after visiting Yhilin Cathedral?

Still_Here_Guys

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Nevermind, just finished the game :D

@Sierra Lee:

The writing on this game is great. I was so surprised when this line came:
You die. But this story isn't about you.
Keep up the good work! Looking forward to next version! :D

Last edited:

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nevermind, just finished the game :D

@Sierra Lee:

The writing on this game is great. I was so surprised when this line came:
You die. But this story isn't about you.
Keep up the good work! Looking forward to next version! :D
I think that like would have been better delivered in third person.

Start out talking about "him" then at the end of that you can say "but the story isn't about him" it can switch to second person ("you") for rest of the game.