What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Sierra Lee] The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/15: 150+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 5/23]

Ok, I have to admit I didn't think much of this to start with.

English H-games tend to die in beta, and with a name like "the last fucklord" I kind of set my expectations super low.

It was on my list to try, but not any time soon.

When you changed the name, I saw it in my watched threads and had no idea what it was, saw there was a new release and decided ti was finally time to give it a try.

Man, i don't regret it at all.

Before I saw the title-screen, I was going to commend you for the detail you put into the side-characters.

That Simon, just looking though his equipped items shows off his persoanlity.

All his gear is beaten to hell, but still functional, where-as the Hero has gaudy-shiny junk.

Even his skills are the same way. Low damage but super important status effects.

Simon's whole character seemed geared towards "boring but practical"

The sort of the guy who doesn't deal much damage, and never steps into the limelight, but makes everything possible.

He's the Roadie of the RPG-verse.

Imagine my surprise as the game continued and (Spoiler) happened.

Honestly, this game was so much better than I expected it to be. I mean, that's faint praise considering what I was expecting, but damn. It's actually super good.

It's rare for any H-game character to have personality or humor.
I remember playing one where the highlight of the character was her crazed desire to smash pots to find loot, and the other characters wouldn't let her.

This is a great change of pace.

Between interesting plot twists, characters with actual personality and genuine humour, this might be my favorite H-game so far.

The best laugh-out-loud moment so far.

Poor kid, sounds like he's having a breakdown.
I hope he finds out who he is soon.

The only character i'm not 100% sure about so far is Qum.

She's just... kinda meh.

Maybe she picks up later or something, but she just seems like a perfect storm of all the things i don't like.

Stupid character, gimmick name, one-facet personality.
Add into that the fact that she contributes nothing to the battle until about three turns in (when I usually start taking enough damage to warrant healing) and she's just a dull hanger-on.

Then again, considering how you've subverted my expectations so far i'm half-expecting her to be Raila or Ilava in disguise.

Last edited:

Selius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Lots of things

Another follower joins the flock. :D

Qum gets an ability called arousing kiss which can be used on her first turn. Shit is so cash. It's an atk buff with heal attached (stacks twice). Qum's healing becomes more important if you do the side quest shit. (that optional? dungeon is fucking pain.)

I can't remember my favorite funny moment. :/ I think most of the shit yarra says is hilarious, though.

toodledoo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Not sure if it's a bug or i'm just derping/don't have the right characters yet, but

Shining Sword/Armor aren't equippable by anyone so far as I can tell. I've found a couple of these, and they're highly expensive but not able to be equipped by any party members.

Also quick question, is the little bonus area full of 'Horrors' re-visitable later in the game? I cleared it on the way through but it was definitely tuned to be very difficult the first time you go past it. (Between the first city and the second city in the Devil's pass?)?

Still enjoying the game :)

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Not sure if it's a bug or i'm just derping/don't have the right characters yet, but

Shining Sword/Armor aren't equippable by anyone so far as I can tell. I've found a couple of these, and they're highly expensive but not able to be equipped by any party members.

Also quick question, is the little bonus area full of 'Horrors' re-visitable later in the game? I cleared it on the way through but it was definitely tuned to be very difficult the first time you go past it. (Between the first city and the second city in the Devil's pass?)?

When you say "horrors" are you talking about the place with the fucking teleport puzzle?

Cuz i'm stuck there right now.

Steamrolling the enemies, but I can't work out how to get out of the teleport trap.

toodledoo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

When you say "horrors" are you talking about the place with the fucking teleport puzzle?
Yep. With the green floor tiles. Took me a bit of trial and error to get all 3 chests, and I didn't steamroll anything at all. Maybe i had a sub-optimal makeup. Shrug. Still managed to kill everything and get everything.

I'd try to walk you through the steps to all 3 chests, but basically just use trial and error and keep in mind that picking the least-accessible tiles is the best choice.

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Cuz i'm stuck there right now.

Steamrolling the enemies, but I can't work out how to get out of the teleport trap.
I can't kill a single enemy in there. However this time around I did the boss on the first try.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

finally beat the teleport maze, now i'm onto the "spend your ProN" section.

I can't see how much I have left though.

In the previous town I could check that in the room in the Inn (I think?) but now it's completely hidden as far as I can tell.

edit, you can check by asking Megail,

toodledoo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I can't kill a single enemy in there. However this time around I did the boss on the first try.
Yeah that's a pretty tough room which is totally acceptable and well designed (especially with the context of the discussion of the characters before hopping down there of "Looks dangerous, maybe we shouldn't" etc...

The boss was pretty toughskies for my group, but maybe bringing other characters simplifies it. I never actually wiped/died, but it was a close thing

sturm

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Each of the teleport tiles puts you in a specific location. It's kind of brute force trial and error. I don't have a screenshot of the map to point out to you, but if you can get into the left area, there's about five tiles in the lower corner of it. If you go to the set that is two deep that will put you at the treasure chest on the right side. Sorry that may not be as specific as you'd hoped, I'm going off of memory.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Well, lots of posts since I was here last. ^^ Three things I think were asking for input from me:
1) Yes, you will get a second chance at the optional dungeon in Devil's Pass. It's meant to be a challenge the first time, standard difficulty the second.
2) In the next version you'll get an item to check your ProN at will. Anyone who finishes this version will get it retroactively.
3) Shining Swords/Armor are indeed not equippable by anyone. Collect them all!

(kind words)
Great to hear you're enjoying it so much! I hope to keep putting out content at this rate until the game is done, so there should be lots more for you even after you finish the current content.

I have some fun plot twists lined up, but I am going to just go ahead and say that Qum is not anyone in disguise. XD With such a large cast of characters, I figured I had room for all types. Qum D'umpe is my effort to reconstruct the archetype in a fun way, but she doesn't work for everyone. Hopefully she won't annoy you too much, and as mentioned from a game-balanced perspective she'll become more useful as she gains her full skillset.

Gromelon

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

1) Yes, you will get a second chance at the optional dungeon in Devil's Pass. It's meant to be a challenge the first time, standard difficulty the second.
Huh. I thought expedition from the mines which cost 10k ProN is a catch-up for players who wasn't able to clear it to get all the loot.

2) In the next version you'll get an item to check your ProN at will. Anyone who finishes this version will get it retroactively.
Yaay, easier ProN editing! *hides*
But seriously, how game-breaking editing ProN is? I am a kind of man who edits single player games to save grind time, especially money of any kind. And I can't help myself if some ProN-based content will be missable. For now I read message at bank, loaded earlier save and didn't change it.

Qum D'umpe is my effort to reconstruct the archetype in a fun way, but she doesn't work for everyone. Hopefully she won't annoy you too much, and as mentioned from a game-balanced perspective she'll become more useful as she gains her full skillset.
She's actually quite good even now. With Handcuffs she niches as both stunner and healer, making battles against any non-immune to lust stun enemies a breeze.

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

3) Shining Swords/Armor are indeed not equippable by anyone. Collect them all!
I smell "Ultimate" Weapons incoming....

And those shining stuff being the "ingredients"

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

First time I tried it I was massacred.
Second time I actually used all my items and mp to beat it!
But the reward was worth it :p

3) Shining Swords/Armor are indeed not equippable by anyone...
yet? :D

She's actually quite good even now. With Handcuffs she niches as both stunner and healer, making battles against any non-immune to lust stun enemies a breeze.
As a combat character she is helpful.
As a story character... it's OK as long as she has her moments only from time to time. Anymore than that and it's too much for me.

toodledoo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Qum D'umpe is my effort to reconstruct the archetype in a fun way, but she doesn't work for everyone. Hopefully she won't annoy you too much, and as mentioned from a game-balanced perspective she'll become more useful as she gains her full skillset.
I'd comment here that Qum is actually far stronger than most of the other characters; i haven't yet removed her from my group for anything when possible.

Personally, I think if anyone needs improving/balancing, it's yarra... she seems lackluster due to the sheer number of enemies that are immune/ultra-resistant to lust. I've found most things a breeze with main guy -> hilstara -> aka -> qum. I only sub in the other two for specific needs/resists/emergencies. Yarra least of all, just because she's so niche.

Two cents.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Huh. I thought expedition from the mines which cost 10k ProN is a catch-up for players who wasn't able to clear it to get all the loot.
You're not the only one who thought this, but they're actually referring to separate caches.

Yaay, easier ProN editing! *hides*
But seriously, how game-breaking editing ProN is? I am a kind of man who edits single player games to save grind time, especially money of any kind. And I can't help myself if some ProN-based content will be missable. For now I read message at bank, loaded earlier save and didn't change it.
You'll never be able to grind for ProN in this game, so if you edit yourself a bunch it would be more like trying to skip a bunch of content. I don't plan for the ProN-based content to be ultimately missable, you'll just get it sooner or later depending on what you invest in. You can play how you want, so edit if you really want to, but awww. T-T

I'd comment here that Qum is actually far stronger than most of the other characters; i haven't yet removed her from my group for anything when possible.

Personally, I think if anyone needs improving/balancing, it's yarra... she seems lackluster due to the sheer number of enemies that are immune/ultra-resistant to lust. I've found most things a breeze with main guy -> hilstara -> aka -> qum. I only sub in the other two for specific needs/resists/emergencies. Yarra least of all, just because she's so niche.

Two cents.
I will happily take all the cents!

Gromelon

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

You'll never be able to grind for ProN in this game, so if you edit yourself a bunch it would be more like trying to skip a bunch of content. I don't plan for the ProN-based content to be ultimately missable, you'll just get it sooner or later depending on what you invest in. You can play how you want, so edit if you really want to, but awww. T-T
Ah, so it's not missable in the end. That's all I need to know. Only editing normal money, then.

toodledoo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ah, so it's not missable in the end. That's all I need to know. Only editing normal money, then.
Far as I can tell, ProN certificates are kind of like a "Main Quest Progress-o-Meter"; you seem to collect it for/from various things, but more or less it's required to progress the main story and rewarded from story things (mostly). You can cash some out on the side (which may have been a mistake to do), but it still indicates/gates content.

Kind of like a pseudo-content-gating system. I wouldn't edit it. If anything, i'd just edit your liquid money (spending cash), as that seems to be fairly harmless, although will probably render your party overpowered.

There are items to buy that you can't afford and there's no way to afford so far as I can tell (there are no infinite monster spawns or methods of obtaining spending cash, so you always have some sub-optimal equipment).

Speaking of which, I praise this as a development choice because instead of "grind until you can afford to best-slot everyone at every new town/store", you're forced to make some strategic decisions. Big props for that... although i'll admit the powergamer in me wonders why i can't just get everything if i spend the time/want to do it.

Maybe have a 'way' to do so, for those who don't mind the grind. Dunno.

Toodles

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

For the record, I plan for relatively little to be missable. You might miss plot-based scenes, like the orgy in Stineford, but there won't be cases where minor decisions early on will lock away major things later. During the last stage of the game you'll be given ample opportunities to increase everything.

Kind of like a pseudo-content-gating system. I wouldn't edit it. If anything, i'd just edit your liquid money (spending cash), as that seems to be fairly harmless, although will probably render your party overpowered.

There are items to buy that you can't afford and there's no way to afford so far as I can tell (there are no infinite monster spawns or methods of obtaining spending cash, so you always have some sub-optimal equipment).

Speaking of which, I praise this as a development choice because instead of "grind until you can afford to best-slot everyone at every new town/store", you're forced to make some strategic decisions. Big props for that... although i'll admit the powergamer in me wonders why i can't just get everything if i spend the time/want to do it.
Yeah, if you edit money you will be crazy overpowered, because I balanced with the assumption that people have to make some hard choices about equipment. I do not plan to have much in the way of money grinding opportunities, but the equipment isn't going to keep going up in every city - you've seen some of the best and most expensive equipment I plan to put in stores.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Congratulations

Your game is competing for my time with Shogun Total War and Crusader Kings II

And guess what? It's winning.

One request though

There is a woman you save from rape after finding orcs looting her farmland. She later appears in an inn and says she has no idea what she would do if money ran out. I'd like the option to give her some money.
Doesn't need anything you get in turn, I'd just like to help her out.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Congratulations

Your game is competing for my time with Shogun Total War and Crusader Kings II

And guess what? It's winning.

One request though

There is a woman you save from rape after finding orcs looting her farmland. She later appears in an inn and says she has no idea what she would do if money ran out. I'd like the option to give her some money.
Doesn't need anything you get in turn, I'd just like to help her out.
Whatever you give her would run out eventually anyway.

What she needs is a job or a place to stay, not a handout.