What's new

Discussion Sex MUGEN 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Sex MUGEN 2.0

that was what i was doing for a couple of months XD i almost rip every doggy and i was hopping to release the characters sometime in this year.
Damn, I didn't even think of that. Just curious, how hard is it to rip off sprites from a video? I know it'll take a good amount of time to edit each sprite for a basic, but I'd imagine just ripping them would be an even more taxing endeavor. For me, if editing the sprites were the only major issue, I'd gladly invest the time into editing each one (and I'm gonna regret saying that, lol).

So I don't suppose that Athena in that Athena vs Vega/Bao video is available?
Nah man, I think that's from Retromania. S/he doesn't release his/her characters, to the best of my knowledge. Come to think of it, Gettag's promise to release his characters (a promise which was revised to mean just his sprites), was interrupted by a poll to see who would appear in his newest video. Ugh, I'm starting to lose hope that we're ever gonna get ANYTHING we can use in our own mugens from him. -__-'. Say what you will about Mugenero/Mugen_rape, at the very least, he's very straightforward in that he won't release his characters, rather than promising and never delivering. :/

I think Grizela is the most compatible one, with Harmir following after her. I remember having a version of Grizela with a finisher and missionary sprites on my old computer. I could upload it if i find it, if you want of coarse.
Hmmm, I think RMDB's Grizela/Harmir both have finishers and missionary sprites (Grizela's finisher, and her character itself, are some of the better H-mugen prospects out there). I'm a little surprised the link you provided doesn't have those characters in their most recent versions, since it seems they're all only about a year old. Anyway, as I tell everyone, find RMDB's mugen; it's the most updated FULL/complete mugen available, and any new updates to characters are really just minor compatibility things for finisher options.

Dawnstar

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Hmmm, I think RMDB's Grizela/Harmir both have finishers and missionary sprites (Grizela's finisher, and her character itself, are some of the better H-mugen prospects out there). I'm a little surprised the link you provided doesn't have those characters in their most recent versions, since it seems they're all only about a year old. Anyway, as I tell everyone, find RMDB's mugen; it's the most updated FULL/complete mugen available, and any new updates to characters are really just minor compatibility things for finisher options.
Not entirely sure what link I've provided recently, other than maybe to my 4shared. But i guess it's mainly because I've never really tried to keep those characters up to date. They aren't exactly among my favorites. I've built my own mugen over the last couple of years, so i personally don't need RMDB's version, but it's definitely as you say, a great starting point, especially for newcomers.

In other news...Spent all night (quite literary) fiddling around with White Len last night, just changing around on her sprites, and adding sounds for certain animations and so on...what is life. On the bright side, I'm starting to find it more and more interesting to improve/modify the characters i already have, since the lack of new and interesting ones have been very noticeable recently.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Not entirely sure what link I've provided recently, other than maybe to my 4shared. But i guess it's mainly because I've never really tried to keep those characters up to date. They aren't exactly among my favorites. I've built my own mugen over the last couple of years, so i personally don't need RMDB's version, but it's definitely as you say, a great starting point, especially for newcomers.

In other news...Spent all night (quite literary) fiddling around with White Len last night, just changing around on her sprites, and adding sounds for certain animations and so on...what is life. On the bright side, I'm starting to find it more and more interesting to improve/modify the characters i already have, since the lack of new and interesting ones have been very noticeable recently.
Ah...I'm not a huge fan of animal-ladies, but Grizela, at least for me, is one of the most compatible characters, and is graphically pleasing as well. I too have my own mugen and build it up; RMDB's version is excellent just for the characters he's accumulated, but as you are doing, customizing and editing his characters for your own use is probably the next step.

*literally?* :p That's what I'm doing as well (less with editing sprites but more with sound and ensuring every victim has an anim). As someone mentioned earlier, ripping sprites from the FC2 videos looks like a viable option, and if I could get some feedback on how that works, I think that'd be my next step.

Ory

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I think Grizela is the most compatible one, with Harmir following after her. I remember having a version of Grizela with a finisher and missionary sprites on my old computer. I could upload it if i find it, if you want of coarse.
I'm not sure what kind of version I have of Grizela, but I've yet to find a NSFW version of Harmir, if there is one.

Dawnstar

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Ah...I'm not a huge fan of animal-ladies, but Grizela, at least for me, is one of the most compatible characters, and is graphically pleasing as well. I too have my own mugen and build it up; RMDB's version is excellent just for the characters he's accumulated, but as you are doing, customizing and editing his characters for your own use is probably the next step.

*literally?* :p That's what I'm doing as well (less with editing sprites but more with sound and ensuring every victim has an anim). As someone mentioned earlier, ripping sprites from the FC2 videos looks like a viable option, and if I could get some feedback on how that works, I think that'd be my next step.
I'm the same in terms of animal-ladies, but just a tail and maybe some ears i can deal with. It's just that i don't find her very interesting. Yeah, I've gathered quite a lot over the years I'd say, most of it not very interesting. But looking around the web, sometimes for hours has paid off once in a while.

As i said, all night yesterday...I rest my case :p I think i would be willing to try that as well, given the right steps and some know-how on how to proceed.

I'm not sure what kind of version I have of Grizela, but I've yet to find a NSFW version of Harmir, if there is one.
I know i have one Harmir that is slightly compatible with Kuro/Mino. I haven't used her much, since if i remember correctly, her animations are rather stiff looking.

On another note...been scouring some places i didn't think of looking before, but I've found some rapers of...let's just say various quality. Some i had never seen before as well, so all in all kinda worth the things i went through to find them.

Last edited:

Deekin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I'm just gonna share my Harmir. She's pretty dang compatible (though she might be missing finishers IIRC) from my testing and comes with a nude version which should be roughly if not equally as compatible.

Note: Both are in the same folder. You add the nude version to your select.def by adding the line Harmir/Harmir_Nude.def instead of just Harmir.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I'm just gonna share my Harmir. She's pretty dang compatible (though she might be missing finishers IIRC) from my testing and comes with a nude version which should be roughly if not equally as compatible.
Uhhh, thanks. This looks identical to the one I have (originally from Judael's QoF RMDB, and this one even has the same portrait groups), but I appreciate the offer anyway.

Deekin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I just figured with the talk of different Harmirs, might as well just share the one that's farthest along that I knew of (having also looked through multiple Harmirs myself).

Dawnstar

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Quiet days in the mugen community it seems. Nothing interesting on the uploader in weeks.

MaxiDamage

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Actually Harmir got updated last year. If you look inside your character's folders there should some sort of info.txt/or some assortment of Japanese characters and inside said txt file should be a link to the authors webpage that usually works and usually has active links for said character(s), along with what version of the character you are using.

In the case of Harmir and assuming you are using the QoF builds, Redux in my case, the author has released update packs and I think a full character download too in case you don't have them.

http://fanatail.com/index.html

As always back up your original folders and double check your CNS files in case of a fuck up.

Shana Fenix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Actually Harmir got updated last year. If you look inside your character's folders there should some sort of info.txt/or some assortment of Japanese characters and inside said txt file should be a link to the authors webpage that usually works and usually has active links for said character(s), along with what version of the character you are using.

In the case of Harmir and assuming you are using the QoF builds, Redux in my case, the author has released update packs and I think a full character download too in case you don't have them.

As always back up your original folders and double check your CNS files in case of a fuck up.
Am I blind or don't any of the characters uploaded there have any compatibility at all? They do seem to have the animation code but the sprites are missing. All of them.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Lemme add to this. First of all, thanks for the link (I always love new mugen resources). However, despite this presumably being the actual mugen character creator's page, it seems some of the characters are LESS H-compat than the ones I currently have, even though the files (from the creator's website) are newer. For example, Rucheca, in RMDB's mugen, is H-compat (to a very limited extent), since 2014. However, the one from your link, from 2015, has 0 H-compatibility and, as I cannot read Japanese, I assume this is on purpose.

Therefore, be wary of what version of characters you're using. If you want the newest character straight from the creator, that's fine. But be warned that it may not necessarily be (as) H-compatible, especially compared to one that is modded from another mugen editor. Check the characters through their sff files or playtest them before you overwrite. And of course, save/backup your mugen.

MaxiDamage

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Am I blind or don't any of the characters uploaded there have any compatibility at all? They do seem to have the animation code but the sprites are missing. All of them.
Lemme add to this. First of all, thanks for the link (I always love new mugen resources). However, despite this presumably being the actual mugen character creator's page, it seems some of the characters are LESS H-compat than the ones I currently have, even though the files (from the creator's website) are newer. For example, Rucheca, in RMDB's mugen, is H-compat (to a very limited extent), since 2014. However, the one from your link, from 2015, has 0 H-compatibility and, as I cannot read Japanese, I assume this is on purpose.

Therefore, be wary of what version of characters you're using. If you want the newest character straight from the creator, that's fine. But be warned that it may not necessarily be (as) H-compatible, especially compared to one that is modded from another mugen editor. Check the characters through their sff files or playtest them before you overwrite. And of course, save/backup your mugen.
Just to further clarify, with at least the *this* Harmir, if you have an H-compatible version from the same author you can safely copy/paste over your per-existing one. She'll still have her H-animations, slightly better aligned IIRC from the 2014 version, as I THINK better AI, lastly the 2015 version SEEMS to have a corrupted AU sound file so you may have to use the old 2014 version so she has sound. Also Harmir's file size is about 50MB before I updated her, the file you download from this site is 9MB I think. That should tip you off its more of an "update" than a "full" version. I'm sure the same for all his characters and just to reiterate, BACK UP YOUR FOLDERS before doing ANYTHING, test the files in game before deleting them, as in make sure they work for your favorite rapers, double check to make sure that [character] is from the same author/modder as the old version else you want Mugen to explode.

EDIT: Just checked the other downloads, they seem to break for everyone but Harmir And Shartel. If those characters have been modded like I think they are, they don't have credit to the modders as far as I can tell. Also the link just under the download is the changelog FYI.

Last edited:

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Just to further clarify, with at least the *this* Harmir, if you have an H-compatible version from the same author you can safely copy/paste over your per-existing one. She'll still have her H-animations, slightly better aligned IIRC from the 2014 version, as I THINK better AI, lastly the 2015 version SEEMS to have a corrupted AU sound file so you may have to use the old 2014 version so she has sound. Also Harmir's file size is about 50MB before I updated her, the file you download from this site is 9MB I think. That should tip you off its more of an "update" than a "full" version. I'm sure the same for all his characters and just to reiterate, BACK UP YOUR FOLDERS before doing ANYTHING, test the files in game before deleting them, as in make sure they work for your favorite rapers, double check to make sure that [character] is from the same author/modder as the old version else you want Mugen to explode.

Hmmm, are you saying to paste over the older, more H-compatible character with the newer character's files? Or the other way around? And either way, are you telling us to paste over ALL the files, or just certain ones.

Xionfenix's point is that Harmir's sprite files do NOT contain ANY H-sprites (and I could say the same for Rucheca). Therefore, copy-pasting over the older H-compat file with the newer one that does not have any H-content may give you the creator's intended newer additions. However, that does mean you'll lose the H-content, unless you manually copy-paste THAT stuff in from the sff and anim files; sprites and everything else do not merge together.

Also, bear in mind that just because a file (or folder) is larger does NOT mean it is newer/more updated, NOR does it mean it is an update. Again, I'm thinking that, at least in Rucheca's case (and possibly with others), RMDB or another editor/modder fooled around with her sprites/anims and gave her at least some limited H-compat that the actual creator either did not intend or did not have time to include. And the original creator, without knowing, or caring about these changes, further edited his/her own character with new updates. This seems to be the cases with Rucheca at least, since most of the differences in her newer character (from the creator) seem to center around new moves, which in turn is shown through additional coding in her cms files and sprites, and hinted by the author on his download pages.

Therefore, the file sizes could be larger or smaller just due to the different variations of stuff both the modders and/or content creators included. This is obviously a huge problem for mugen or any customizable game, when you don't have proper communication or channels, or version control, so you cannot consolidate different variations of a character; you have content missing in multiple versions of the character, which causes branches. Happens quite a bit and it's unfortunate that mugen's so disparate as a community (we're separated by language, varying degrees of skill and interests, proper modes of communication, and simply that there's not too many advanced users of mugen anymore anyway).

Handy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Damn, I didn't even think of that. Just curious, how hard is it to rip off sprites from a video? I know it'll take a good amount of time to edit each sprite for a basic, but I'd imagine just ripping them would be an even more taxing endeavor. For me, if editing the sprites were the only major issue, I'd gladly invest the time into editing each one (and I'm gonna regret saying that, lol).
Ripping it seems easy enough but when you go in deep you will find lots of issues to address. QUALITY being the major issue here XD. That is when we are talking about ripping doggystyles but when we are talking about ripping front :S that a whole another game. And ripping its not enough THEN you have to find the sounds for the respective sprites because mugen_ero in some characters use custom moaning sounds that were not to be found on the said characters....(Shampoo for example). And dont forget adressing weird mugen problems with the sprites and cleaning the garbage that cannot be seen in photoshop but in mugen always appears. YEAH A LOT OF WORK :p

Akitsuki92

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Got bored so I managed to make some things with the HD collection of Mugen_rapes videos. Just the butts of doggystyle and piledriver. I can't code, don't know how but I can get sprites and recolor them in photoshop. I managed to give Felicia some good piledriver sprites aside from the old ones.

Attachments

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Got bored so I managed to make some things with the HD collection of Mugen_rapes videos. Just the butts of doggystyle and piledriver. I can't code, don't know how but I can get sprites and recolor them in photoshop. I managed to give Felicia some good piledriver sprites aside from the old ones.
Thanks! Always appreciate stuff like this. How hard was it to take and edit this from Mugen_rape's vids?

Akitsuki92

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks! Always appreciate stuff like this. How hard was it to take and edit this from Mugen_rape's vids?
Wasn't hard at all actually. with photoshop I can copy the color and then use the pen tool to apply the Color without messing anything up. It takes some time but it's fun.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Wasn't hard at all actually. with photoshop I can copy the color and then use the pen tool to apply the Color without messing anything up. It takes some time but it's fun.
Heh, well it's greatly appreciated. I'm having a lot of trouble just trying to outline and remove the background color from the character once I rip the stills off of the vids, so I'm glad you're not only having success but enjoying it. And hey, if you think it's fun, feel free to continue dropping more sprites our way. :D

Akitsuki92

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Heh, well it's greatly appreciated. I'm having a lot of trouble just trying to outline and remove the background color from the character once I rip the stills off of the vids, so I'm glad you're not only having success but enjoying it. And hey, if you think it's fun, feel free to continue dropping more sprites our way. :D
Well what I do is use the polygon lasso to crop out the sprite and add it to a blank pic and add the only color that fits the other sprites when using Fighter factory.. I'll be happy to post more as I do them, I hope someone can code the characters and add my sprite edits.