What's new

Discussion Sex MUGEN 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Dawnstar

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Sex MUGEN 2.0

New Muge_rape vid in HD. :D

Thanks for always doing this. I feel like watching his stuff without adding views to his FC2 channel is the next best thing after having his characters. And since the latter option seems to be impossible at this point, yeah.

TalonHK3

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I got a quick question for all of you. What would you do if you found someone who's making edit of characters including those originally made by other people within the H mugen but locking access to them behind a patreon paywall?

Reputation score

I got a quick question for all of you. What would you do if you found someone who's making edit of characters including those originally made by other people within the H mugen but locking access to them behind a patreon paywall?
Welp. So it has begun. I was wondering when this would start happening.

TalonHK3

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Welp. So it has begun. I was wondering when this would start happening.
It's apparently been happening for a while. The guy used to take comissions which is fine I've seen that happen someone wants a specific character made, someon e pays and then the character is publically released and everyone gets to enjoy it. But this guy hides his characters in character pack reward tiers charging up to $30 to unlock the final tier.

Reputation score

It's apparently been happening for a while. The guy used to take comissions which is fine I've seen that happen someone wants a specific character made, someon e pays and then the character is publically released and everyone gets to enjoy it. But this guy hides his characters in character pack reward tiers charging up to $30 to unlock the final tier.
What? That's crazy. I'd like to see this if possible.

Sayonara7

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I really want to have the pleasure of using Get-tag's characters, hopefully he's made some strides.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Ah, I understand that's been happening for a while...didn't know it was STILL going on though. I think selling characters is fine, as long as you're really good (since decent characters are shared and created freely, though they do take a bit of time to find or be updated); it's understandable to get money for your effort/work if people like it or request it, and I'd hope mugenero would do this, though I've got more respect for Gettag and MSL who share their stuff freely. It also allows others to share those works to the community, and demand will create characters that wouldn't otherwise be created.

However, I don't think selling others' works is okay, even if you're making your own edits.

Judael

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

lol

it's like to sell a car you don't own
If you want to sell someting it must to be yours.

Last edited:

Dawnstar

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Well, if we are going all out on who really owns these characters, mugen creators have little to no right to complain when others makes edits to the characters, or even when they are sold. I can understand the mugen creator getting pissed or even offended if someone makes edits to their edits, without crediting the original editor. But then again, i doubt they asked Capcom, Type-Moon or whoever when they first edited the character.

Some mugen creators simply need to get off their high horse. I can't help but snicker a bit, at how high and mighty some of these guys act from time to time, when most of them have edited copyrighted characters to begin with. I'm aware the process of editing and creating a character takes incredible amounts of time, but it really doesn't make the character any more theirs, even after the editing and adding of content, than the original copyright holder.

Most of this might sound like I'm taking it from the ass, but as I've tried my hand at some editing myself, i really do understand, or at least grasp how much time it goes into creating content for mugen, so i definitely have respect for the amount of time people pour into one single character. I just don't understand why the community has to be as stiff and secretive as it is.

Last edited:

Judael

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Well, if we are going all out on who really owns these characters, mugen creators have little to no right to complain when others makes edits to the characters, or even when they are sold. I can understand the mugen creator getting pissed or even offended if someone makes edits to their edits, without crediting the original editor. But then again, i doubt they asked Capcom, Type-Moon or whoever when they first edited the character.
That's why you can't sell anything regarding copyrighted characters, even modders don't have the rights to edit them

Last edited:
Reputation score

Isn't there some kind of stupid loophole regarding all of this? Like "I'm not selling the characters, I am just charging for the work I spent on modifying them."

TalonHK3

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

That's why you can't sell anything regarding copyrighted characters, even modders don't have the rights to edit them
Pretty much this. It's like Project X They're using licensed characters but everything save for voice clips and some music is made by the group. But they still don't charge because of copyrights.

Isn't there some kind of stupid loophole regarding all of this? Like "I'm not selling the characters, I am just charging for the work I spent on modifying them."
That seems to be what he's doing but he's still using the original sprites and AI of the characters. It doesn't really matter and this why MUGEN creators would charge comissions for the work they did and then publically release the characer afterward but this guy is locking his character behind a patreon paywall meaning if you want them you have to pay himAnd there's no option to pick what you want other than his tiers meaning if you want get, like Jon Talbain you have to pay $30US

Judael

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Pretty much this. It's like Project X They're using licensed characters but everything save for voice clips and some music is made by the group. But they still don't charge because of copyrights.

That seems to be what he's doing but he's still using the original sprites and AI of the characters. It doesn't really matter and this why MUGEN creators would charge comissions for the work they did and then publically release the characer afterward but this guy is locking his character behind a patreon paywall meaning if you want them you have to pay himAnd there's no option to pick what you want other than his tiers meaning if you want get, like Jon Talbain you have to pay $30US
keep even in mind that if this happen(or already happened) someone may start to stop sharing.

Reputation score

keep even in mind that if this happen(or already happened) someone may start to stop sharing.
This is true. It's pretty disheartening to see your work being modified and released again without your permission. It's going to be like the whole Sun Aegis thing from back in the day.

Also, whoever it was that gave me negrep for my previous comment should be slapped for stupid logic.

Last edited:

Judael

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I just remembered what happpened to SoRR project when they asked permission to SEGA.

But it has been (strangely) leaked anyway.

Dawnstar

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

This is true. It's pretty disheartening to see your work being modified and released again without your permission. It's going to be like the whole Sun Aegis thing from back in the day.

Also, whoever it was that gave me negrep for my previous comment should be slapped for stupid logic.
It's kinda stupid how easy it is to abuse the negrep button, just like that. You just have to type a reason, and that's it.

TalonHK3

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I think it's fair to at least say the guys name right? He goes by thebluekim. Basically I only learned about this guy because I have a couple of friends that are in the MUGEN scene making vore edit scene and they've said that they and a bunch of artists HATE what this guys doing but don't want to start anything since they'd been kicked out of other MUGEN forums for the type of edits they make and don't want to get anymore hate for calling someone out. But as a thrd party that disagrees with what Kim is doing myself I don't have a problem letting people know about this