What's new

Discussion Sex MUGEN 2.0 General Discussion Thread

NLL

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Sex MUGEN 2.0

I didn't even know there was a redux? What is the difference even? Cause we need more rapers. o_O
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=831535&postcount=937

Haven't played it much. There are more rapers, but half the time they're either humping air, or they just have one H-move. Minotaur and Kuromaru_plus are still my favs.

Really wish I could set up fights, instead of relying on arcade mode to pick my opponents...

mugenhti

Demon Girl
Reputation score

http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=831535&postcount=937

Haven't played it much. There are more rapers, but half the time they're either humping air, or they just have one H-move. Minotaur and Kuromaru_plus are still my favs.

Really wish I could set up fights, instead of relying on arcade mode to pick my opponents...
select Watch mode,then select both fighters and the stage,then,before the match begins,on the intro,use CTRL+1 to control player1 or CTRL+2 to control player2.

Reactions: NLL

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

but when I try downloading it, it seems I need a password :/

Agreed.
Yeah, I know this was already answered but for future reference, the uploader is one of the most important tools/repositories we have for H-mugen; we are but little insects to the mighty H-mugen spriters and modders (TBH, I wish I could work with a few of the coders and spriters to create content or at least learn how, since I think I've got a fairly intensive collection of characters and know a bit more than the average mugen user). Anyway, the password is always "ryona2", except for specific instances (e.g. the GRE2016 password is "zansatsu"), and there's usually a hint to what the pw is if you use google translate on the page.

As for Gettag, yeah, it's annoying to wait, but you gotta understand it takes a LOT of work to create characters, and the very fact that he's promulgating and sharing his characters freely (and is communicating via Tumblr) is quite generous, considering most H-mugen modders are fairly stringent with sharing (myself included). I'm personally waiting for his Rogue, though I'd love a few of his rapers with the groping mechanic. Too bad he and MSL aren't on this forum, otherwise I'd thank them personally for sharing.

Thanks, wonder what makes it so much Gb's though, the music? Don;t know why theres never been a main place to see this projects updates and such.
Redux is huge because it's not just a bunch of characters and stages put together (well, those take a ton of space too, since he's got more than most). Judael put a lot of work into actually making his mugen look presentable, so all the screenpack stuff (intros and selection screens and everything) also take a lot of room.

Hmm. Do you think you could upload that somewhere? They completely removed it from the uploader apparently and I'm curious about what characters these are.
Eh, I don't normally upload stuff since it's against my own ideology regarding H-mugen stuff, but I'll make an exception since I believe you've been pretty helpful on this thread. ;) (Unless that was someone else...to which you're the benefactor of their service, haha). It's gonna be a zip file on 4Shared, about 25% uploaded so I'll edit this post with the URL once it's done.

EDIT:

Last edited:

Shana Fenix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Eh, I don't normally upload stuff since it's against my own ideology regarding H-mugen stuff, but I'll make an exception since I believe you've been pretty helpful on this thread. ;) (Unless that was someone else...to which you're the benefactor of their service, haha). It's gonna be a zip file on 4Shared, about 25% uploaded so I'll edit this post with the URL once it's done.

EDIT:
Thanks a bunch! Not into this whole guro kinda thing but I was able to extract some decent characters / sprites from it either way. Removing the guro is not to hard either. I even had it downloaded at some point but deleted it because I had no password :'D

NLL

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

select Watch mode,then select both fighters and the stage,then,before the match begins,on the intro,use CTRL+1 to control player1 or CTRL+2 to control player2.

You are a godsend.

Tigris

Lurker
Reputation score

So for Kuromaru
I'm guessing the best versions are

Kuromaru 4
Kuromaru Plus, and short.
"Best" is pretty subjective. It's been years since I've looked at Kuromaru 4 but if memory serves it only really has two things the assorted versions of kuromaru_plus/short that I've seen don't: A cheering background girl that follows Kuromaru around, and an attack that pulls the victim into a bush and does naughty things where you can't see them. _plus and _short variants currently have the greatest number and variety of H-attacks that I'm aware of, but there are several other Kuros that can do unique things. These are the ones I have. Big infodump, so I'm going to spoiler it for easier viewing.

kuromaru_Lite
kuromaru_Lite is an old one, mostly supplanted by _plus now, but it does have the distinction of several of its H moves having special functionality with compatible characters (notably, the dog helper has a knotting animation with compatible characters) or randomly deciding between several animations, with most having the option of holding a button to force one. For example, qcb,qcb+b initiates the teleport grab, where Kuromaru fades into the floor and comes back up beneath his victim, and randomly chooses between the triangle horse (hold a to force), tentacle throne (b to force) or "Fuck Me" pillar (x to force) animations.
kuromaru_plus/press variants
kuromaru_plus is also fairly old at this point, but there are some more recent edits out there with altered moves. Has a lot of H attacks, most fairly straightforward, and is what most victims from more than a year or so ago were made for. I have a variant that replaces some of the sprites for the hcf+x/y "switch" position with a kuromaru-themed futa, and a couple of variants that change the doggirl helper sprites and animations.

There are three "press" edits of kuromaru_plus that replace the "switch" position with a more aggressive "mating press" version of the missionary rape. Victims need more animations to be compatible with the mating press than the basic _plus and _short missionary rape.

The second press edit has several, much more detailed (and more likely to appear) impregnation cut-in sprites/animations, needs extra victim compatibility compared to the first, and tends to loop the cum animation on a press KO instead of cycling through each stage like the first does.

The third edit is based mostly on the second, has an extra "drawing victim in" animation at the start of the ground press, an extra "stage" to the press animation (which cannot be activated manually), an air grab version of the press, and only plays the impregnation cut-in on press KO. Both the air grab and the drawing in animation require extra victim animations for full compatibility.
Kuromaru-G/Kuromaru_Strike
Kuromaru-G is probably the oldest version that is remotely relevant now, and is unique in that it has four separate "animal" helpers; two dogs, a xenomorph, and a bull. The dogs both have three animations - normal, fast, and extended - depending on which button is used to summon them. I have two major variants; Kuromaru-Gfuta, which replaces the dogs with a pair of futas, and Kuromaru_Wolf, which replaces them with a werewolf and a futa werewolf. Technically it also replaces the bull with a giant werewolf, but since this version is based on _Strike (see below) it doesn't work correctly with most victims.

Kuromaru_Strike is a more advanced version of Kuromaru-G made by the same author. It uses a lot of attacks that call victim animations that only ever existed in characters the original author specifically made compatible. The author's website went down a long time ago, and the project seems to have been largely abandoned. I do not, to my knowledge, have any characters that are compatible with Kuromaru_Strike, nor do I know where they can be found.
kuromaru_short
The most recent "main" version of Kuromaru, _short actually started out as an edit of _plus with shortened animations and vastly increased damage (almost every H-attack was, and most still are, an instant KO and do not loop after KO). Since then, a "slow" mode has been added (hold start while selecting _short, similar to Minotaur's super mode) that makes _short's H-attacks inflict normal damage and allows most of them to loop after KO, and several non-H ryona moves have been added. kuromaru_short is currently the most expansive version of Kuromaru that I know of.
I personally prefer the _plus and press variants, but I've used all of them at least a few times.
Also, a reminder from my last post: I have enough basic proficiency with Fighter Factory that I can make simple compatibility edits as long as I have sprites to work with, and I'm willing to edit for others and/or teach what little I know.

Last edited:

Dawnstar

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Theres actual cum and splash effects when using some like birdie or bao, but I guess it depends on the raper as i've never had it in mine. o_O
Yeah, it depends on the raper. One version of kuromaru_plus, one with the mating press, lets the cum stay in the stage for the remainder of the fight, until the next round starts. Though i remember it had some problems and would crash the game after a while.

Sayonara7

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Anyone else getting a authentication required for mugen archive?

K84

Demon Girl
Reputation score

OMG I didn't know of the existence of this game. A shame that this arcade version it didn't exist when we were kids and we play at the billiards :p

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Anyone else getting a authentication required for mugen archive?
Noticed this too. Eh, I just created an account to download from there, not a big deal. Don't really use non-H mugen archives anyway.

Oh, and if anyone's wondering about the imageboard, it's been up and running (hopefully with spam filtering now). Looks good.

Sayonara7

Demon Girl
Reputation score

apparently mugen ryona 1573 file doesn't have a def file. :/

I also want the barefoot Mai version lol.

Getting greedy, so I'll stop. xD

Last edited:

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

apparently mugen ryona 1573 file doesn't have a def file. :/

I also want the barefoot Mai version lol.

Getting greedy, so I'll stop. xD
Mugen ryona 1573 is a Riesbyfe patch. It's not meant to be a full character. I think I already shared that I've been editing her (and to my dismay, that popped out of the uploader).

All you need to do is find the original character (google-fu) and transfer those sprites and anims and overwrite the other necessary files. If you pay attention, you'll also notice that the .sff file doesn't come with ANY other sprites/anims other than the H-moves (and while comprehensive, it's still not complete). It's for good reason--Riesbyfe is an extremely complex and well-sprited character and even its original file is huge, so uploading it would've been tedious. Personally, I love these patches more than the actual character because I can see what's been added much easier and it's therefore a better learning tool.

And as you've already alluded to, we're babied by the uploader and a good reason why nobody shares their original characters is because we often get spoiled and complacent. Gratitude, lol. :p

Sayonara7

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Mugen ryona 1573 is a Riesbyfe patch. It's not meant to be a full character. I think I already shared that I've been editing her (and to my dismay, that popped out of the uploader).

All you need to do is find the original character (google-fu) and transfer those sprites and anims and overwrite the other necessary files. If you pay attention, you'll also notice that the .sff file doesn't come with ANY other sprites/anims other than the H-moves (and while comprehensive, it's still not complete). It's for good reason--Riesbyfe is an extremely complex and well-sprited character and even its original file is huge, so uploading it would've been tedious. Personally, I love these patches more than the actual character because I can see what's been added much easier and it's therefore a better learning tool.

And as you've already alluded to, we're babied by the uploader and a good reason why nobody shares their original characters is because we often get spoiled and complacent. Gratitude, lol. :p
Do I have to replace the CNS file as well?

and what would be the st need to be named for the def file?

I downloaded the char, and overwritten the anim, snd and sff file so far.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Eh, I just replaced everything that I could. :p
The def file needs to be named correctly to the corresponding entry in your select.def mugen file; I just name it the same as its folder so that there's no confusion.

The cns file shouldn't affect any of the major coding for the character, and should really just correspond to the H-moves and compat, so don't worry about any overwrite errors.

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Reminds me of when I was editing CvS Yoko and someone else uploaded their own improved version not even a few days later. At first I thought someone I showed my work to did it and was pissed until I saw that the edits were for different animations than mine, which posed an interesting dilemma; it would be stupid to ask players to have two different versions of the same character for different animations, yet it would also be wrong to combine the two together. It's funny how things like that happen, seeing as there wasn't any sign of an improved version of her in such a long time and poof, there it is, right after I spend time on it.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Reminds me of when I was editing CvS Yoko and someone else uploaded their own improved version not even a few days later. At first I thought someone I showed my work to did it and was pissed until I saw that the edits were for different animations than mine, which posed an interesting dilemma; it would be stupid to ask players to have two different versions of the same character for different animations, yet it would also be wrong to combine the two together. It's funny how things like that happen, seeing as there wasn't any sign of an improved version of her in such a long time and poof, there it is, right after I spend time on it.
Yeah, a bit unfortunate, since as editors, we spend a lot of time working on a character (and we're all busy people so this is a labor of love). I think that's the problem facing mugen; it's meant to be a customizable and collaborative experience, and if you don't communicate with your community and decide to go off on your own stuff, you run the risk of having a bunch of different versions flying around of the same character. I've got quite a few of those in my collection--Chunli's and Birdies who have really cool animations but are idiosyncratic to their own version of the character and unfortunately I don't know enough mugen coding to reconcile them into one really great character.

You can see how developing your own individual version of a character (and 5 more people do the same) leads to many deep branches of a character which become harder and harder to merge with so many personal touches/changes...unfortunate since if editors/creators had all worked together and collaborated, they could've had something really amazing (and split work, thus saving time as well).

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

Some stages are really awesome too, wish there were more honestly.

Shana Fenix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Some stages are really awesome too, wish there were more honestly.
When I have some nice sprites I really like and a stage I usually wouldn't use because I don't like the sprites in it I usually go and touch up said stage, delete the animations already in it and place my own. Already got numerous "new" stages that way and it's not all that hard really. Just time consuming.

mugenhti

Demon Girl
Reputation score

you need to add the sprites,sounds and animations to the existing files,otherwise you wont get a functional character,try exporting all the 291 sprites using Fighter Factory,and add them after sprite 5320,3 with shared pallete,copy and paste the animations codes by the end of the Air file,add the sounds to the SND file.the code on the CNS can be copied and paste on the -2 cns.