Reputation score
Re: Sarah's Life v0.5 - [21-7 New Patron Release]

Just released the next update v0.6.

As always, here are some teasers:

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Sarah's Life v0.6 - [*NEW UPDATE* 30-8]

Do you have any plans to edit your reward system on Patreon? Having to wait 2 weeks after release even though you pledge $10 is a bit long in my opinion, I will still pledge as I want to see the end result as it has potential but personally I think your system is one of the more extreme ones :/

Hopefully this doesn't come across as dickish, if so apologies.

OP
Impure

Impure

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Do you have any plans to edit your reward system on Patreon? Having to wait 2 weeks after release even though you pledge $10 is a bit long in my opinion, I will still pledge as I want to see the end result as it has potential but personally I think your system is one of the more extreme ones :/

It's just the wording honestly, instead of saying "get early access" I have it as 1/2 weeks later. This is a way to show my appreciation my Patrons that went the extra mile in supporting me.

No need to apologize mate, I'm always open to suggestions.

Chartog

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I totally agree with this. I think he would have more people pledge if he changed the reward system. All patrons besides $1 ones should get the initial release. He can add other rewards to higher pledges, like creating a scene or character. Most of these games are leaked 1-2 weeks after release anyways, so it makes no sense to pledge if you don't get the game right away.

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I totally agree with this. I think he would have more people pledge if he changed the reward system. All patrons besides $1 ones should get the initial release. He can add other rewards to higher pledges, like creating a scene or character. Most of these games are leaked 1-2 weeks after release anyways, so it makes no sense to pledge if you don't get the game right away.
It is especially lame if you pay 10 bucks and the thing get shared before your 2 week delay.
I understand Patreon is for supporting a creator, not a shop. Still, sitting and waiting, while everyone else is playing it, is not that cool.

demidemon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It is especially lame if you pay 10 bucks and the thing get shared before your 2 week delay.
I understand Patreon is for supporting a creator, not a shop. Still, sitting and waiting, while everyone else is playing it, is not that cool.
Even if you pledge $20 a month you still have a 1 week delay. With this linear story and lack of map design, paying $30 per month to get this "early access" definitely isn't worth it. If you are just paying for the game, you will most likely not be satisfied by the pledge plans. Paying $10 per month for a 2 week delay is non sense, stupid and unacceptable compare to ANY other patreons with similar quality.

HOWEVER, like others have said, you can treat the pledge system as a way to support the devs and the early access is just a bonus. This way you should feel better, I guess.

winter0s

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

^^^^
This! Especially when the game gets out on shady comic sites and torrents before the other tiers get access to it.

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Where are these shady comic sites and torrents?
That's not really appropriate to be asking here and if you can't find them on your own, I don't know that any of us could help you.

prdude

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Recommendation, let people save before the "chapter" ends! Otherwise pretty ok release.

demidemon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Is v0.6 version still as linear as v0.3? Are there any side quest or optional quests to choose from? Or do we get a corruption stats that keep track of the choices we make?

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Is v0.6 version still as linear as v0.3? Are there any side quest or optional quests to choose from? Or do we get a corruption stats that keep track of the choices we make?
sadly, i dont think its changed much from what ive read.

thswherizat

Reputation score

Recommendation, let people save before the "chapter" ends! Otherwise pretty ok release.
I certainly agree with this. There are sometimes that there's a chain of scenes without any opportunity to save between them, meaning that if you want to try a choice you have to watch over a ton you've already seen.

prdude

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It is still 100% linear.

philjd

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

has the gambling club scene been completed yet? (Graphics and perhaps participation?)

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

has the gambling club scene been completed yet? (Graphics and perhaps participation?)
Nope. That's not gonna happen even when the game is finished.
i wonder why he decided to give up on that part and replace it with something else? it probably could have been one of the best places to add all kinds of stuff through the rest of the game :(.

winter0s

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i wonder why he decided to give up on that part and replace it with something else? it probably could have been one of the best places to add all kinds of stuff through the rest of the game :(.
Maybe that's the reason he'll move it to the end and flesh it out completely.

thswherizat

Reputation score

He didn't give up on it, he's been running into some kind of issues with the scripting not working for that scene. He's still planning to try and get it released when he gets it working properly.

I think part of the issue is that he wanted to make it different for sober/tipsy/drunk Sarah.