What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ149951] The Moral Sword of Asagi

DustyX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RJ149951] The Moral Sword of Asagi

That fixed it! :D

Though after bout another 10 minutes of playing, I bumped into another error that I'm hoping you might be able to help me with?

After Ura got duped into following that nerd into another room, I had to go hunt for a bedroom key, which I eventually found. However when I finally got back to the room (i swear there weren't bandits about the last time I was there), just after I finish using the bedroom door key to get to Ura, I got another error message.

Not sure what to make of this one:

"???
dump format error for symbol(0x21)
**backtrace:
( Game_Map ):41:in `load' ( Game_Map ):41:in 'load_data'(Game_Map)"

----so on so forth...

Any ideas? :C

EDIT: On further playing around (ie: playing earlier saves), it seems the game really REALLY doesn't like that room (above mentioned room). I get so far as the doorway leading into it (coming up from the south entrance) and I am getting the same error curiously enough.

Last edited:
OP
TNT90

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I'm not seeing anything that stands out in the map text. Can you post your save where you get the error?

DustyX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You were after the save file yes? *see attached*

This is my first time posting with an attachment on this board (or any board.. least.. to memory) so I hope it worked, lol.

Attachments

MidnightXV

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for your hard work TNT. Hope you are feeling a bit better

OP
TNT90

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

You were after the save file yes? *see attached*

This is my first time posting with an attachment on this board (or any board.. least.. to memory) so I hope it worked, lol.
Something must be wrong, says the zip is invalid. My save files are around 200kb (25kb zipped) a piece whereas the zip you have here is around 9kb. Double check to make sure it zipped right I guess. You could PM me a dropbox or google drive link or something as well if there's something up with the uploading here. Otherwise I can trying seeing if I have any saves around that location. I have a lot so it'd be a lot of guess and checking.

DustyX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Something must be wrong, says the zip is invalid. My save files are around 200kb (25kb zipped) a piece whereas the zip you have here is around 9kb. Double check to make sure it zipped right I guess. You could PM me a dropbox or google drive link or something as well if there's something up with the uploading here. Otherwise I can trying seeing if I have any saves around that location. I have a lot so it'd be a lot of guess and checking.
I wouldn't have noticed until you said something. After looking at the save in question, it is but 71kb whereas the few other saves I have are 200+kb much like yours... I... can't fathom why that is, considering that my save that is the most through the game is also the smallest.

I have tried to reupload the game save none the less.

Attachments

OP
TNT90

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Well whatever the reason for the file size difference, this one works fine.
Tested it on my system and the door opened and room loaded just fine.
What version of the game are you using? There have been reports of errors occurring due to using the translation (v1.4) with previous versions.

(1.4 is the current version right? It's been a while since I've checked.)

DustyX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm not sure how to tell which version I'm using exactly, I got this game sometime ago but only just got around to playing it recently.

If it helps, the date of the game finding its way onto my computer is 22nd of Feb, so I would have nabbed the most recent translation for the game that was out at the time... which may be why I'm having issues?

OP
TNT90

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Could very well be, the last update was in August of last year.

Go ahead and try updating to the most recent version and reapplying the translation.

DLsite link:

Also this file: 更新履歴.txt give a version changelog. So if doesn't go to 1.4 probably don't have it then.

DustyX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

That seems to have fixed it, thanks for all your assistance TNT! :D

OP
TNT90

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Good to hear.

Translating a few lines. Black just mentioned Akusuke and the party seemed a bit shocked like they knew what it was. What is it? Is it something I don't get from Japanese culture like a demon or some such? Or just like a known entity within the lore? Can someone who understands all this better than I explain this bit to me so I can translate more effectively?

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A lot of the earlier dialogue suggests they're over-acting quite a bit, with Asagi's reactions to Blade, Blade's reactions to "prince black" etc. so it might just be acting out a certain cliche like much of the other interactions.

Sunshaded

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Translating a few lines. Black just mentioned Akusuke and the party seemed a bit shocked like they knew what it was. What is it? Is it something I don't get from Japanese culture like a demon or some such? Or just like a known entity within the lore? Can someone who understands all this better than I explain this bit to me so I can translate more effectively?
Akusuke is someone who Asagi and Urara know from the past, especially Asagi. It should be explained shortly after that he's a deserter from their home village/clan. He's also the former wielder of Asagi's sword Hagakure (that cuts desire i.e. lust). Finding and dealing with him was one of the main reasons she and Urara went on this journey, but they don't understand much about the circumstances behind his desertion until later on.

OP
TNT90

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Ah, that makes sense. I suppose I should have continued translating but Asagi said one of her special move names and opening the skills file to make it consistent just seemed like soo much work.

Though I am done with classes now so I have less of an excuse. But while I've finished with classes forever, I still have my candidacy proposal to write, the exam to take (written and oral components), years of research, and finally my dissertation. At which point I guess I'll need to change my username to Dr TNT90. Might even have this translated by then. :p

Matty224

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ah, that makes sense. I suppose I should have continued translating but Asagi said one of her special move names and opening the skills file to make it consistent just seemed like soo much work.

Though I am done with classes now so I have less of an excuse. But while I've finished with classes forever, I still have my candidacy proposal to write, the exam to take (written and oral components), years of research, and finally my dissertation. At which point I guess I'll need to change my username to Dr TNT90. Might even have this translated by then. :p

Just commenting to say you're awesome, and thank you for translating this game.

Played it a while back without it and honestly I was stuck at the beginning of the game after you talk to the sword-woman in the cell, so amazing job mate!

OP
TNT90

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Thanks for the kind words.

I just uploaded a new version with the Act 3 Boss intro scene done.
Now to start translating the text in the boss fight. Then after losing and winning the boss fight.

MidnightXV

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Im probably going to start this game up here very soon. Thanks for your hard work on the translation TNT. HOpe you are feeling a bit better lately?

OP
TNT90

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Well I haven't touched it in a couple weeks... and I started playing FO4 again last weekend... and downloaded the creation kit... so progress has been rather non existent.
I did upload any changes I've made since the last time, some of the battle text and a little of the defeat scene.
Not sure when I'll be able to do more.

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I know I speak for many - thank you (sincerely) for all you've done on this. This is a one of a kind of game...

Donny

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Well I haven't touched it in a couple weeks... and I started playing FO4 again last weekend... and downloaded the creation kit... so progress has been rather non existent.
I did upload any changes I've made since the last time, some of the battle text and a little of the defeat scene.
Not sure when I'll be able to do more.
I can do the translation for Prince Black's victory scene, I'll work on it tomorrow (6-1-16) when I wake up. If I recall correctly this is the second shortest scene, with the Incubus guy's bad ending being the shortest. With this third act done the translation should be about 3/4ths done (as far as bosses go), with the fourth act containing the Incubus mini boss and the final battle against the former hero Akusuke.