What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ149951] The Moral Sword of Asagi

MidnightXV

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RJ149951] The Moral Sword of Asagi

Dont give up on life TNT. If the trans has you down take a break just keep going forward with life. Itll be fine. When you feel better you can swing back to this.

OP
TNT90

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

To be honest I probably need to go visit consultation services here at school.

Been hoping this would pass but it's been several weeks that every time I even come to this forum and look at all the threads all I can think is, "Meh". Rather concerned that by the time any of the projects I've been supporting come to fruition I won't be able to enjoy them.

I think what it is mostly though, is that I was recently introduced to a new group of friends, most being of the female persuasion and one of which I'm planning on moving in with in a 5-7 person house. I'm fine being the weird introvert genius but the more I'm here, the more I feel like a creep due to the overwhelming shame I feel about anything remotely sexual from my early, easily influenced years in puritan rural society. I think my mind is significantly inhibiting the chemical signaling that controls desire and such as a result.

TLDR: I got problems and I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish this.

MidnightXV

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

TLDR: I got problems and I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish this.
As much as iv been waiting to try out this game you gotta take care of yourself first. Thats whats most important. So if you dont have it in you then dont do it. if you felt like it you could try and pass it off to another translator to finish but you dont owe anyone anything.

Handle your real life business this can come later or hand it off. Real life is more important.

guyver

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

yeah man, just take care and get up on your legs.
don't be afraid to ask to someone near to you for help or counseling.

OP
TNT90

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I'm feeling a hell of a lot better today than I did yesterday. I slept like 16.5 hours yesterday as a result. Just couldn't even. Had a study session today so that got me up and out in the sun with other people which improved things dramatically. Even considering taking a look at the game to continue translating the Act 3 pre-boss dialogue.

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You can always put this on an indefinite hold, though you'd need to say that so that people don't wait for the completion.

And I believe you just think too much about this. If you don't want to translate, you really shouldn't. We are not paid, we do it either for fun, to pass time, or personal satisfaction. Or all three of these? But since it's a hobby and not a job, you should stop it the moment you feel something feels wrong. You can pick it at a later moment, maybe like in 10 months, if you suddenly want to start again.

Hope any decision you make works out for you!

Donny

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: [RJ149951] The Moral Sword of Asagi (WIP Full Translation)

Tell me about it, my first playthrough had far too much of that. Of course I learned for the subsequent games. Never actually beat it though. Never have beat a bethesda title, never will. (Despite the thousands of hours spent on them.) Just couldn't find myself giving a single fuck about the story, when the brotherhood flew in my first thought wasn't "oh cool, look at that", it was "Fuck, the world will now be a different sandbox than it was before, that's what I get for doing quests, no more of that now." Also the top tier weapons disappointed me, I though I was in mid-tier and was soooo disappointed when I found those were the top. Fucking lewis gun assault rifle, so goddamn bulky. Where's my damn ak47 or m4. Better yet, give me a MG42 or MG3 (rechambered version for 7.62mm NATO rounds, its kinda creepy seeing hitler's buzzsaw on modern humvees) and I'll be so happy unleashing inappropriate levels of lead everywhere. Who needs a minigun when you have 20 rounds per second of 7.62mm rounds?

That game really is in need of some serious modding once the editor comes out.
So with you on the weapons, my biggest gripe was all the best stuff (for my stealth build) were locked behind so many perks. I just wanted a silenced pistol, but no, you have to have gun smith perk 1, then two, plus you still have to hunt down crafting ingredients only to find the next level of the perk is like 12 levels away (and it feels like it takes forever to level up in this fallout, I'd be like level 30-40 at this point on fallout 3 or skyrim).

Just had to let it out lol. I've been working on my own little RPG maker demo, but I've had an itching to continue translation work. I'll probably continue doing big chunks of text at a time.

I also hope you're feeling better man, loss of desire is a shitty thing. What works best for me is to just take a break and work on something else until the spark comes back. Let me know what you need, I'm back to checking this forum more frequently.

OP
TNT90

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Yeah, still not feeling like continuing at all.

It was always free for anyone to contribute to or take over but I just want to reiterate that point.
I've been editing it primarily through RPGMaker Trans and all the most recent patch and translation files are uploaded. I was in the middle of translating the scene before the Act 3 boss and just ... couldn't continue.

If there are technical questions, I'll try to help where I can but I don't think I can continue the translation at this moment.
Also if new versions are made and changes are desired to be made to the title post, let me know and I'll do what I can.

Matty224

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey, I received this error after beating the guy who grabs the white ace(?) and runs away to that room. All I did was simply beat him, or lose to him (technically?) and the error pops up, it only started happening with the latest translation as of 2016-04-10.

Tried taking a look into myself but I just recently bought XP/Ace/MV and still learning my way around, can anyone help?

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

---------------------------
The Moral Sword, Asagi
解決できない例外 NoMethodError が発生したため、処理を継続できませんでした。
お手数をおかけして申し訳ありません。

詳細情報:
undefined method `upcase' for nil:NilClass
** backtrace:
( Window_Message ):346:in `process_escape_character'( Window_Base ):265:in `process_character'( Window_Message ):212:in `process_all_text'( Window_Message ):178:in `block in fiber_main'( Window_Message ):177:in `loop'( Window_Message ):177:in `fiber_main'( ahriman_extend ):2114:in `block in update_fiber'
OK

nozdozzle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey, I received this error after beating the guy who grabs the white ace(?) and runs away to that room. All I did was simply beat him, or lose to him (technically?) and the error pops up, it only started happening with the latest translation as of 2016-04-10.

Tried taking a look into myself but I just recently bought XP/Ace/MV and still learning my way around, can anyone help?

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

The Moral Sword, Asagi
解決できない例外 NoMethodError が発生したため、処理を継続できませんでした。
お手数をおかけして申し訳ありません。

詳細情報:
** backtrace:
( Window_Message ):346:in `process_escape_character'( Window_Base ):265:in `process_character'( Window_Message ):212:in `process_all_text'( Window_Message ):178:in `block in fiber_main'( Window_Message ):177:in `loop'( Window_Message ):177:in `fiber_main'( ahriman_extend ):2114:in `block in update_fiber'
OK
Yeah, I'm having the same error. Might have to go back 1 translation.

Sunshaded

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I took a look at it (I'm the one who edited the files related to that scene) and I think I found the problem. I forgot to put a < after a \\ in one line. x.x

If you replace your Map026.txt with this Map026-fixed.txt (delete Map026.txt, download Map026-fixed.txt, rename it to Map026.txt and put it in the same directory), I think it should work.

Last edited:

Matty224

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

"I took a look at it (I'm the one who edited the files related to that scene) and I think I found the problem. I forgot to put a < after a \\ in one line. x.x

If you replace your Map026.txt with this Map026-fixed.txt (delete Map026.txt, download Map026-fixed.txt, rename it to Map026.txt and put it in the same directory), I think it should work."

Thank you so very much kind person!

I hate to be the only stupid person here, but all the maps are in .rvdata2, How would one theoretically apply that .txt?

I am so sorry for this dumb question.

Last edited:

Sunshaded

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I hate to be the only stupid person here, but all the maps are in .rvdata2, How would one theoretically apply that .txt?
Oops, I didn't realize that it wasn't the same format in the patch. I'd never actually run the TL patch, just edited the pre-converted versions.

I'm not very knowledge about this either, and I couldn't find a working program that converts that text file to an rvdata2 file despite checking out viciouswaffel's link, so I tried editing Map026.rvdata2 directly in Notepad++. To test it out, I ran the TL patch, but... either I applied the patch incorrectly, or my attempt to edit Map026.rvdata2 screwed it up, because it wouldn't load the map. ._.

I think there are basically 3 options right now:
#1 - Test out this rvdata2 file that I hand-edited, and maybe (seems unlikely) it won't crash your game like it did mine: (replace Map026.rvdata2 with Map026fixattempt.rvdata2)
#2 - Until this is fixed, temporarily use the Map026.rvdata2 from an earlier patch: (replace Map026.rvdata2 with Map026Jan11.rvdata2) It's not ideal, but it should let you make it past that scene, unless there's some kind of compatibility issue between patch versions. You can also reference the newer, more accurate TL by reading the text file I linked in the previous post. Just Ctrl+F to find the word "dies". Well, it's useful if you want the most accurate understanding of the story.
#3 - Wait for someone who can convert txt to rvdata2 to drop by the thread and convert that text file I linked in my previous post.

TTsuyuki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the tip, Sunshaded, using the previous version of translation works for me. Unfortunately the same problem (i think) appears later. The game crashes in Studio 5 - Vampire Castle during the dialogue with Black. Which Map file should i replace to fix it? Here is the exact line that it crashed on if it helps you in anyway."Actually i was waiting for you scoundrels to arrive". Also here is the crash text if you need it.

The Moral Sword, Asagi
???????? NoMethodError ??????????????????????
??????????????????

????:
** backtrace:
OK

OP
TNT90

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Just got back from a run and my head is all full of tired. What's going on?
Is there a file I should change?

Sunshaded

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just got back from a run and my head is all full of tired. What's going on?
Is there a file I should change?
I made some typos in the Map026.txt I sent you before, which is causing the game to always crash during the scene where Blade first joins the party. This post contains a link to the corrected version: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=823048&postcount=31

Also, TTsuyuki just found another game-crashing typo, which came from one of your recent edits; I was able to look at the rvdata2 file and find the problem. Map025.txt has a line that reads "\>arrive.\.<\ I want you so see our gallery"--I assume that the <\ should be \<.

Recompiling the patch after changing those two files should fix these bugs.

OP
TNT90

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Ok, I'll upload a fixed version tonight.

Edit: I fixed Map025 and Map026. Those have been uploaded to the latest translation files and the fixed patch files have also been uploaded. Hopefully those will work now.
Let me know if there are any other issues or translated text that someone would like me to put into the game with RPGMaker Trans.

Edit 2: Took a look over Map026 again, found another error. Fixed that. Maybe it'll work now.

Last edited:

DustyX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hate to be "that guy", but I seem to have ran afoul of the same problem as the two above.. despite a fix since being presented.

Specifically when I run afoul of the error is after the white ace is kidnapped and I ran down the map and eventually bump into the nerd.

Now initially I used the #1 file Sunshaded put up in post #34, and that came up with an error just before I got into the next room to question the nerd.

The #2 file gets me that little bit further, I'm able to talk to the guy, Ura tears up the photo. Guy runs away, Ura follows him, Asagi gets as far as saying "Wait, it's a---" and then I get this error message.

I don't know if people are just taking to the tedious task of writing it out letter by letter or if they're able to copy/paste it somehow but despite my attempts to c/p I've resigned to typing out the first bit of the error that seems contingent on this point in the game. Also, if it matters any, i used the RGSS decrypter rather than rpgmakertrans so i don't appear to have any map.txt folders or the like (which doesn't seem to have prevented the game translating to english for me thus far sooooo... idk?). Anyway, I digress...

.. this is still a bit new hat to me (applying translations to games) but here's the first part of the error.

"No such file or directory - graphics/characters/!$mark ** backtrace:"

Does this mean anything to anyone or will i need to write out the whole error msg? :(

OP
TNT90

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Don't worry about the error message. The problem is probably a mistyped formatting character in the text. (There are things like \. that show up and define pauses and other effects during gameplay. Typos here make errors for you.)
Having a good idea where the error is occurring is far far far far more useful than typing out the error message.
I'll look into it now.

Also don't be afraid to 'be that guy', without reports of the errors, they'll never get fixed. I seem to be fairly terrible at finding them so I desperately need people to report what they find.

Edit: Strange, it would appear my translation regressed at some point. The entire scene was no longer translated, good thing I keep backups of each iteration.

Edit 2: Oh, I just saw that was a graphics error. I guess it is important then...
I think most people just printscreen the error messages.
In any case, that is a file people have reported missing before. It is located here: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=710269&postcount=521

Edit 3: Uploaded the new version with Map026 fixed yet again. Maybe I'll get it right one of these days. Also translated an additional 17 lines in the 3rd Act boss intro. Woo, progress!

Last edited: