What's new

[Complete - Full] [RJ139385] Rune's Pharmacy

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: [RJ139385] Rune's Pharmacy

That's good to hear! Personally I'm not a huge fan of sprite scenes but I can let it go as the cg's are just so damn good!
Keep up the good work. :)

Cheddy413

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Pls Santa...
I've been real nice this year

Gfurst

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Awesome work with the translation, is the story mainly translated already?
Really nice you went the extra mile and fixed the audio files and all that stuff. But just wondering, in case of a game update, how easy is to port all of that?
(extra question too, does vorbis have loop meta or is that a rpgm thing?)

igotnostuffs

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

On a different topic, I am happy to say that I have reduce the Audio folder size from 471 MB to 197 MB! It's not in my job description, but I just had to do something... anyway, I went through each song in the BGM folder and reduced the bitrate from a whopping 499kbps to a very reasonable 160kbps (or more accurately, ogg vorbis quality 5).
By the way, did you know that the author reduce the quality of the CG's in later updates because of file sizes? He should have tried to reduce the Audio though.

You can still try to download the game before 1.10 update then replace the images with it. The new CG's in 1.11 are stuck in low-quality though.

oxyraius

Reputation score

Pumped for this, really excited to see you're almost done.

xXHaseoXx

Tentacle God
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Anyone have the current Patch? Mega link is down.

OP
H

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Huh? It looks fine to me. I'll PM you a full game as well just in case that's what you were talking about.

@igotnostuffs, I'm not sure what you're trying to say with the CGs. Do you mean you want me to switch out the current lo-res pictures for the older hi-res pics? I don't remember what the older pictures looked like, but it seems that the current res is specifically tailored for RPGMaker resolution in windowed mode. I think pre-v1.10 the game was about 100 MB larger than after the res-fix. I don't see much use in that...

igotnostuffs

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

@igotnostuffs, I'm not sure what you're trying to say with the CGs. Do you mean you want me to switch out the current lo-res pictures for the older hi-res pics? I don't remember what the older pictures looked like, but it seems that the current res is specifically tailored for RPGMaker resolution in windowed mode. I think pre-v1.10 the game was about 100 MB larger than after the res-fix. I don't see much use in that...
Oh, just saying a small fact.

The cg's are dithered after v1.10. A common result of compression.

Gfurst

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Oh, just saying a small fact.
The cg's are dithered after v1.10. A common result of compression.
I think I remember this being discussed in the other thread, correct me if I'm wrong, but there was just a reduction in color depth to 8-bit... and if that was indeed the case then its useless to have higher depth than that as most consumer screen only use up that far... (that's where dithering comes in)
so in either case of color depth or resolution, any higher is completely useless for rpgm

igotnostuffs

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I think I remember this being discussed in the other thread, correct me if I'm wrong, but there was just a reduction in color depth to 8-bit... and if that was indeed the case then its useless to have higher depth than that as most consumer screen only use up that far... (that's where dithering comes in)
so in either case of color depth or resolution, any higher is completely useless for rpgm

I don't have a potato monitor though, so I'll just stick with 32 bit.

Last edited:

Augustus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I explained in the other thread, but I will explain here again.

Even the most shitty current monitors, support more than 8-bit.

Most current monitors support 6-bit FOR EACH COLOR (thus total of 18-bit).

colour CRT screens supported AT LEAST 8-bit FOR EACH COLOR (thus total of 24-bit), some screens+card combinations could do even more (that famous picture of John Carmack using a gigantic CRT monitor, that screen supports 48-bit images).

And the new "HDR TV" standard that they have been pushing this year, REQUIRES 10-bit per colour, thus HDR TV and monitors support 30-bit images (mininum).

OP
H

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Almost done, should have an update this weekend.

In the meantime, I'm having serious issues translating this dialogue, mostly because of this 即 kanji. Rune is just starting at the brothel:
【Regolinno】: うちの店は即々が基本になってるんだが大丈夫か?
【Rune】: ソクソク?お客さまの靴下を脱がせてあげるってことですか?
【Regolinno】: いやそうじゃない。即尺、即ベッドの略で……

On other topics, I just came across a few lines in this last stretch that implied that Rune is still a teenager... o_O. In hindsight, I should have known just from the opening scene now that I think about it. And since some months ago I've started to notice several scenes that are in the game but unreachable, as well as pointers to new scenes that are not made yet. I guess we should expect more updates in the next year or so?

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If I understand the whole discussion correctly, Rego says that you have to do pretty basic/trivial stuff in the shop, so Rune asks if she has to take their socks off for them(not sure if that's an idiom or something in Japan, just like "take someone by the hand" is) where Rego says no, basic stuff in the bed. Maybe he/she's trying to make her feel comfortable by saying noone will be too kinky with her?

OP
H

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

FINISHED!
After 7.5 months I declare this project complete! But it doesn't actually mean complete:confused:

First of all, I would now appreciate people telling me if they find anything wrong with stuff, like typos, incorrect pronouns, untranslated sections, etc. If you happen to have the raw game you can also complain that my translation is crap, but you have to give me specific instances *wink*. If you just give me the entire line I can probably find it with grep search. I can finally replay this game and exhaustively proofread the stuff I couldn't easily find from my previous save files, but it will take some time. Additionally, I expect new versions of the game to come out, so in that sense this translation will never be complete. But I can still call it complete, right? :D

On other notes, I did swap in the pre-v1.10 graphics that come in the Graphics/Pictures folder. This increases the game by about 100 MB (I forget how much). I left the other graphics alone because they didn't seem nearly as important. You guys okay with that?

Also, I realized that there are two Ferrick's and two Helge's, but they don't seem to be the same person... o_O?

Well, I can now take it easy and move on to other hobbies for some time, and then I'll come back and pick another, hopefully much smaller, game to translate.

Last edited:

imnotapervert

Totally is a Pervert
Reputation score

Congrats. After nearly a year of hard work you did it. Speaking for everyone on here we're happy with what you've done for us. Now it's time to play this game for about 8 hours, fap over it about three times then forget the game ever existed! :p

But seriously, good work. Hope to see more in the future if you can. :D

oxyraius

Reputation score

Awesome, congrats. It has to feel good to finish such a long project.

sardan

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Awesome! Im downloading it right now to see that
Any idea of what you might plan to translate in the futur?

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Nice one mate, you got it done. I'm sure it feels nice knowing it's finished.
Hopefully we see more from you in the future, and thanks for the work you put into this. :)
Downloading it now.